• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Leveling is too GRINDY early

427 posts in this topic

Posted

I think they also forget that this is a sandbox game. It's not supposed to guide you through the game. You are supposed to create your own path, story, legend. I am even surprised it has such a long story quest. Personally, I always have quests to do though I am more interested in contribution quests because those are important. Otherwise I just do whatever, whenever. Fishing, exploring, gathering, can't wait to start farming.

Exacly xD 1000 points for u

Posted

Leveling is not too grindy, it is too boring.

Posted

Don't understand why they gave us russian client like leveling... in what other game do you run out of quests at level 15... the game just isn't designed for a slow leveling curve just super pointless to grind things at level 15. I cant imagine how grindy it's gonna be 50-60 where it actually matters and where the game begins.. 1-50 being the tutorial.

Can we have korean build with less punishing PK system, pretty please?

Totally agree. I didnt like the very slow leveling aswell. Most ppl that demanded slower leveling probably never really played the game before. Quite fast leveling til 50 is okay. After 50 is slows down by alot. Even on KR. That is the best system. 

Otherwise you just create a huge grindfest.

I agree that 10 hours to 50 might be a bit too fast. But 10 hours to lvl 35 is way too slow.

And with the xp rate on cbt, I guess at 50 you get 0.005% progress pro mob. Which is way too grindy. That´s what RU has at the moment. It feels way too slow.

Posted

Totally agree. I didnt like the very slow leveling aswell. Most ppl that demanded slower leveling probably never really played the game before. Quite fast leveling til 50 is okay. After 50 is slows down by alot. Even on KR. That is the best system. 

Otherwise you just create a huge grindfest.

I agree that 10 hours to 50 might be a bit too fast. But 10 hours to lvl 35 is way too slow.

And with the xp rate on cbt, I guess at 50 you get 0.005% progress pro mob. Which is way too grindy. That´s what RU has at the moment. It feels way too slow.

And how it will be on level 70 or 100? Or you plan to play the game only for few weeks?

Posted (edited)

I like the leveling curve where it is now. You can, and people have, hit 50 in under a week. A nice compromise between the terrible casual KR verison and Pearl Abyss's original promise of "200 hours to reach level 50"

Edited by Funkenstein
1 person likes this

Posted

I like the leveling curve where it is now. You can, and people have, hit 50 in under a week. A nice compromise between the terrible casual KR verison and Pearl Abyss's original promise of "200 hours to reach level 50"

this is not going to work 200 hours not a lot of people have time to do that

Posted

Even 200 hours is fine. The game has not a final level. So you will grind. But it would be better if the pressure rises gradually. Also they always can lower the PvP cap.  And it would be the best if they make the stupid harmless mobs a little bit challenging, and the PvP really open world. Right now there are two reasons that prevents the open world PvP - the broken karma system and the fact players have nothing to fight for.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Even 200 hours is fine. The game has not a final level. So you will grind. But it would be better if the pressure rises gradually. Also they always can lower the PvP cap.  And it would be the best if they make the stupid harmless mobs a little bit challenging, and the PvP really open world. Right now there are two reasons that prevents the open world PvP - the broken karma system and the fact players have nothing to fight for.  

Players will fight for grinding spots a lot with less karma restriction, but yeah they need to limit the amount of channels and make GvGs actually matter, lower pvp cap doesnt really matter, game is super unbalanced pre-50, in KR u start PvP after u beat the tutorial.. they need to rework GvG system i think..

1 person likes this

Posted

I didnt experience the game as too grindy in the beginning.
There is no too grindy in an open world mmorpg.
You either CAN grind mobs OR do quests.
Both works just fine.

But there always will be people complaining about the levleing being either too slow or too fast.

Posted

Players will fight for grinding spots a lot with less karma restriction, but yeah they need to limit the amount of channels and make GvGs actually matter, lower pvp cap doesnt really matter, game is super unbalanced pre-50, in KR u start PvP after u beat the tutorial.. they need to rework GvG system i think..

You are a dreamer :) 

Posted (edited)

Both works just fine.

But there always will be people complaining about the levleing being either too slow or too fast.

Quests don't level you. The only ways to effectively level is kill mobs or fish (though that is slower than killing mobs). Quests also don't have you really kill enough to keep up with the level progression of the quests.

Edited by Noth

Posted (edited)

Quests don't level you. The only ways to effectively level is kill mobs or fish (though that is slower than killing mobs). Quests also have you really kill enough to eep up with the level progression of the quests.

In fact many quests give experience. But yeah, in general it is not an effective way to level up, because instead you can slay thousands of easy mobs. WoW players will cry, one of the few things I like in this game :)  

Edited by Ikcen

Posted (edited)

Both works just fine.

have you played this game? Not many Quest give experience.

Edited by Tanky

Posted

you'll be in the same areas a lot once you hit 50.

No you won't because the whole map gets used and everyone is fighting for everything all over the map. There isn't one location that becomes mecca. This isn't that game and you making that comment shows the ignorance of too many of the NA beta members. The wise thing would be to listen to those who know what end game is and what 1-50 is. if that took literally 1 hour, you would MISS EXACTLY NOTHING. You have to complete all of the content in order to be successful in this game regardless of your level.

Weird.. Never mentioned endgame.. Thanks for skimming my post.

So since you mentioned 50 lets talk about it... Judging from the pace everyone is taking in the Alpha I'd guess 3 days TOPS to get to 50. Thats including if you play at what I assume your level is. That is a fair amount of time to hit 50 in my opinion. Thats really all I can even say to your post.

Yet another example of someone whose just guessing about the game. Listen to those with experience and stop spouting nonsense. 

Posted

i see a lot of people (even after all these comments) that still don't understand that lifeless, meaningless grinding for hours and hours, EVEN with BD's magnificent combat system, is boring, not difficult, not slow, BORING, especially so EARLY on

what many ask (including myself) is not a faster leveling, not more experience from mobs, not less difficult mobs, BUT a smooth progression curve

i currently know (please correct me if there are more ways) that you can get level exp from main quests, mobs, some few side quests and i saw someone saying you gain exp from fishing as well (little as it may be); would've been nice if all the other wonderful features would tip in a bit.

investing in nodes should increase exp gain as well;

all mmo's have a main path with few slightly varations for fast leveling and probably for most of them (if not all) grinding represents the largest portion.

again, with all these nice features (crafting, exploring, breeding, housing, fishing etc.), when searching our ol' friend google for 'black desert online fastest way to level', instead of finding a 'guide' that says "go grind here for level 15-20, go there for 27-32, kill mobs in this place for 47-50 and so on", wouldn't it be much nicer to see "grind there, craft that, go here, do this quest, fish there, collect those, kill these guys, farm that item, use it here, talk to them and so on" all contributing little by little towards the next level ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yet another example of someone whose just guessing about the game. Listen to those with experience and stop spouting nonsense. 

Hey thanks for assuming and digging this out of like 7+ pages ago. Just gonna fill you in. I've played KR/RUS and been following since KR Alpha. What I was "guessing" was the adjustments made for the west and what I had experienced roughly 16 hours of CBT in.

So here: listen to someone with experience: The KR grind is crap, 3-6 hours to hit 50 is just dumb and not fun. Period. I'm not talking about 51+. Not talking about anything else except that it cannot, again CANNOT, take that amount of time in the west. The grind jump from 50-51 is too massive I think. So far It looks slower right now which is better(not that they fixed the actual grind cause it feels clunky atm), I'm a strong advocate for Party xp to offer more value to group grinding. You probably wouldn't even notice the changes they've made at that point.

We're both entitled to our opinions about this and that is mine. KayThanks

Posted

Its funny to see the most complaints of slow lvling comes from people who played the game in KR while the people who are fresh to the game mostly have no problem with the exp rate. I have no idea how it is to grind late game but i find the current exp rate good to learn the game. if it would be much faster i think a lot of more casual players would not know enough of the game by the time they are lvl 30. this is purely my opinion.

And i see alot of people who played on KR before say they go back to there if the game stays this way but i think that of the playerbase by release mainly is people who have never played the game and only a small % have played before on KR or JP or NA.

Posted

Don't understand why they gave us russian client like leveling... in what other game do you run out of quests at level 15... the game just isn't designed for a slow leveling curve just super pointless to grind things at level 15. I cant imagine how grindy it's gonna be 50-60 where it actually matters and where the game begins.. 1-50 being the tutorial.

Can we have korean build with less punishing PK system, pretty please?

You ran out of quests at 15? The hell were you doing. I can't stop finding quests and I was into the upper 20's. 

Posted (edited)

Agree to OP regarding grinding. Playing KR and RU bdo gives me same impression.

Yesterday I observed eu-bdo player grinding purple npc's an mass at lvl 28. The levelling line did nearly increase at all....and he was

grinding purples.

This will be a booooooring (grinding) game unless they make it more similar to the KR.

Sadly they broadcasted the news regarding slow levelling after I bought the fully beta access gamepart.

Edited by pilten

Posted

The viewpoint I'd like heard by those who say lvling is good, or too fast, is this.

I often see, plenty have done this, people saying they want to enjoy their content. That they want to experience the game pre-level 50, explore, tame horses, catch fish, feed fish to horses (:D) and such. Yet, I now ask you, in the case of leveling being faster, how does this affect you or set you back in any way? Nobody said you can not still enjoy these activities. There is nothing forcing you to rush to level 50. There is absolutely zero difference for you when it comes to enjoying the lower level content and exploring. The only difference here is the fact that it would not force those who want to be 50, and 50+ as soon as possible, to grind until their fingers bleed. Basically, you're wanting to limit a huge part of the player base because of selfish reasons that go against common sense.

B-b-but people will leave if it's too easy... yeah, it won't be too easy. Level 50 is the soft cap, the level at which most skills open up, classes get their final shapes and you can truly start experiencing all the content. The grind is there, there is no level cap in this game, you can level infinitely if you so wish. People will already grind like insane past 50, what is the logic of making 1-50 harder, despite there being far less to do, far less content you can partake in (such as PvP), really flawed and unbalanced classes? Wizards will burn through the mobs, while, for example, berserkers (and others) have a much harder time at lower levels. Not only does it make no sense, because nothing past 50 is free of grind, it also accentuates every imbalance pre-50 ever made. In truth, most people will get extremely turned off by the lack of quests and the need to grind for over an hour for one level when you're not even level 20, spamming the same one or two skills because that's all that is available.

B-b-but I don't want to get PKed... well, you will. So will I, so will everyone at some point. Leveling being slower means those with a lot of time and the will to grind will be able to do it that much easier, because they will be in a huge advantage because of levels alone. Slower XP only means casuals and those with not a lot of free time will fall even further behind the hardcore players.

Think about these for a second before you go throwing around polls and opinions on something you don't fully understand.

6 people like this

Posted

The speed of grinding your way to the told really isn't an issue. It's nooooot that to terribly hard. What needs to happen is quests and other activities need to give a LOT more exp so they are actually effective options for leveling. It seemed like to me, that grinding was literally the only way to gain a level. And it took forever...
I got to 44 and I spent MOST of the time grinding...

1 person likes this

Posted

upup

Posted

The viewpoint I'd like heard by those who say lvling is good, or too fast, is this.

I often see, plenty have done this, people saying they want to enjoy their content. That they want to experience the game pre-level 50, explore, tame horses, catch fish, feed fish to horses (:D) and such. Yet, I now ask you, in the case of leveling being faster, how does this affect you or set you back in any way? Nobody said you can not still enjoy these activities. There is nothing forcing you to rush to level 50. There is absolutely zero difference for you when it comes to enjoying the lower level content and exploring. The only difference here is the fact that it would not force those who want to be 50, and 50+ as soon as possible, to grind until their fingers bleed. Basically, you're wanting to limit a huge part of the player base because of selfish reasons that go against common sense.

B-b-but people will leave if it's too easy... yeah, it won't be too easy. Level 50 is the soft cap, the level at which most skills open up, classes get their final shapes and you can truly start experiencing all the content. The grind is there, there is no level cap in this game, you can level infinitely if you so wish. People will already grind like insane past 50, what is the logic of making 1-50 harder, despite there being far less to do, far less content you can partake in (such as PvP), really flawed and unbalanced classes? Wizards will burn through the mobs, while, for example, berserkers (and others) have a much harder time at lower levels. Not only does it make no sense, because nothing past 50 is free of grind, it also accentuates every imbalance pre-50 ever made. In truth, most people will get extremely turned off by the lack of quests and the need to grind for over an hour for one level when you're not even level 20, spamming the same one or two skills because that's all that is available.

B-b-but I don't want to get PKed... well, you will. So will I, so will everyone at some point. Leveling being slower means those with a lot of time and the will to grind will be able to do it that much easier, because they will be in a huge advantage because of levels alone. Slower XP only means casuals and those with not a lot of free time will fall even further behind the hardcore players.

Think about these for a second before you go throwing around polls and opinions on something you don't fully understand.

So lets just give everyone max level and let us start grinding no?

Posted

The speed of grinding your way to the told really isn't an issue. It's nooooot that to terribly hard. What needs to happen is quests and other activities need to give a LOT more exp so they are actually effective options for leveling. It seemed like to me, that grinding was literally the only way to gain a level. And it took forever...
I got to 44 and I spent MOST of the time grinding...

agree with that

Posted

What needs to happen is quests and other activities need to give a LOT more exp so they are actually effective options for leveling.

99% of the quests in CBT1 did not give any exp as a reward. The only exp you got for questing was through killing the mobs, A.K.A grinding. 

1 person likes this