• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Treant Suits

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Should players in these suits not be revealed to a person targetting and engaged in combat with them?  I literally an't tell who I am fighting until one of us is dead and in mass PVP that seems like a P2W advantage.  It should be meant for opening attacks not eternal mystery and immunity to being called out in organized PVP.

8 people like this

Posted

agreed this costume is stupid.

4 people like this

Posted

Should players in these suits not be revealed to a person targetting and engaged in combat with them?  I literally an't tell who I am fighting until one of us is dead and in mass PVP that seems like a P2W advantage.  It should be meant for opening attacks not eternal mystery and immunity to being called out in organized PVP.

stop crying ^_^ , -----ing about every shit,that suit doesnt give you any advantage,if u can have your eyes opened...

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm inclined to agree that it should mainly help with a surprise attack, but after getting tagged by an opponent, you should no longer have things hidden. If you manage to escape and are not visible for a certain period of time, it can then "re-stealth" you.

3 people like this

Posted

There wont be any adjustments now because they'd basically be forced to refund all the ones that have already been sold. Without the camouflage most people wouldnt have bought it.

Posted

Do I think it gives an unfair advantage that could be considered pay2win? Yes. The solution? Make it craftable in game. Would I craft one? No personally I'd just buy it anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted

100% agree this treant suit is the dumbest thing ever. Its more annoying than anything, to have no idea who you are fighting, just a bunch of tree suits running around. I have 5k spare pearls but i refuse to buy this retarded shit

3 people like this

Posted

I'm usually pretty much a fan of their cash shop implementation, but I gotta admit a costume that gives you an in game advantage that can't be replicated identically using in game means is pretty much the definition of P2W.

2 people like this

Posted

if they make a change to the suit then they will have to refund every player who purchased this item, I know that if they change it I will want a refund.

Posted

Their "solution" will end up being cash shop costumes with stats on them good enough to force people to buy those in order to stay competitive and ditch the treant costume.

Posted

Their "solution" will end up being cash shop costumes with stats on them good enough to force people to buy those in order to stay competitive and ditch the treant costume.

yep. And then we will still have people who insist this won't give any advantage. E.g. like 10% more pvp damage...come on...just l2p

Posted

And they will tell you to ----- off. They are not required to refund you

Actually they would need to refund me because if they made a change to the item purchased they would be changing the product that you purchased, in fact changing the core purpose for the item that was purchased. At that point it becomes a legal matter and I dont think they would like to loose thousands rather than refund $25

Posted (edited)

Actually they would need to refund me because if they made a change to the item purchased they would be changing the product that you purchased, in fact changing the core purpose for the item that was purchased. At that point it becomes a legal matter and I dont think they would like to loose thousands rather than refund $25

The purpose of the item is gathering, just because you bought it for a different reason doesn't mean shit.

Make it a costume that is craftable, easy fix.

Edited by Wynta
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If the tree suit wasn't P2W then nobody would buy it, besides the few that like the design, right?

It just means nearly half of the PvP players happen to be really into tree themes, right?

Stop lying to yourselves if you believe the above statements. The suit is P2W and incredibly annoying, it is such an advantage that it really forces everyone else to buy it as well to remain on even footing. If you disagree, then you simply haven't played endgame grinding enough yet to see the behavior of players.

And just because there are ways to counter this one item set (flares, radar), doesn't make it fair play. You don't have to use these methods against players who don't spend 29 bucks on the suit. The thing gives you an edge, this is an un-debatable fact.

In a battle where particle effects fly everywhere and the screen shakes (assuming you didn't turn it off), players in these suits are invisible and have an opening strike opportunity on you. The worst part is, half the time the name remains invisible even when the wearer is PvP flagged on you.

I witnessed a large scale GvG battle yesterday. Half the people of two clans were wearing the thing for the obvious benefit it gives. You can't even call out the target because of it. Stop lying, this is P2W.

Edited by Raap
2 people like this

Posted

honestly easy fix one attacked you are flagged, it should give you the advantage of surprise not the advantage or being untargetable the whole fight

2 people like this

Posted

just have a few comments to this, while yes i 100% agree its annoying as ----- to deal with theres a few things you should remember, A. when somebody is flagged in a gillie suit they GLOW RED so its not hard to track them , at all. while yes their name is hidden and it becomes alot harder to track who you are fighting (since you cant call names just classes) tactics become alot more hectic untill you group works like a finely tuned machine, it dosent make people magically hit you harder , or dodge your attacks more. ive fought people with the gillie suit and won , and lost, and im horrible at the game and i know it. 

another thing to remember is that there is a daily quest reward item called a flare, use it and it negates the gillie suits stealth effects, in a later patch said item becomes craftable , making gillie suits even more negated.

the single largest reason to get it is if you are A- constantly and intentionally trying to get the jump on people with squishy classes to insta burst them. or B- playing a squishy class that needs to be able to avoid focus fire. i mean if you are fighting a organized group and get double grabbed by warriors or zerks, your going to die with a suit or not. just makes it easier to avoid focus fire  

1 person likes this

Posted

Bug fix:

Fixed an issue that hid player names even after engaged in combat with a Treant disguise.  Players were automatically refunded their pearls and may re-purchase the item.

Done and done, if you bought it just to be nameless in PVP then you get your pearls back and everyone is happy.

3 people like this

Posted

So I had this one nab trying to gank me yesterday over a grinding spot. I guess he had this suit on because I could not see any name (even though he was attacking me over and over, is this as intended?) What I found really strange was that I was not even able to target him even when he was standing still. Most of the time I could not get my cursor red when holding it over him, a few times I got the aim red but very few. Is this how it is supposed to be? I am not to experienced in pvp in this game yet and it might just be my aim that is off... But when he could not kill me he stood still and started talking some shit about he had so bad gear and was a tank and blah blah and I could not get my aim red on him!?

Posted

Bug fix:

Fixed an issue that hid player names even after engaged in combat with a Treant disguise.  Players were automatically refunded their pearls and may re-purchase the item.

Done and done, if you bought it just to be nameless in PVP then you get your pearls back and everyone is happy.

awesome to hear, thanks for that.

Posted

/facepalm , this isent a tab target game there is no ''targeting'' you aim and you attack , if you can see him (which you can unless you are color blind because they glow friggin red) you are able to fight back.

Posted

If the tree suit wasn't P2W then nobody would buy it, besides the few that like the design, right?

It just means nearly half of the PvP players happen to be really into tree themes, right?

Stop lying to yourselves if you believe the above statements. The suit is P2W and incredibly annoying, it is such an advantage that it really forces everyone else to buy it as well to remain on even footing. If you disagree, then you simply haven't played endgame grinding enough yet to see the behavior of players.

I mean, sure the its p2w like a bunch of other features (not enough to quit the game over it) but I am not sure that you actually grinded endgame enough to judge the behavior of players. Because the only zone the suit really helps you in are Cat Fish, and you'll leave that area by 51, if not earlier. The suit doesnt really do jack shit in the next zone you'll farm (unless you run around without a lantern).

Posted

Jesus get a suit yourself or stop crying.

This costume has been in Korea for quite a time and no tears there same with russia.

Again its EU / US that keep crying and crying.

Get one yourself or get over it.

Posted

I hated it because it looked stupid as f.

But when i got -----d a few times in a row by some OP people i went and bought one. :D haha

Posted

Bought the suit, because its so extremely good in pvp. 

I hate it! I hate that I have to wear it, that it can be used and that other people use it. Even tho people you are at war with flash in red.

It SHOULD only hide your name if you crouch or lay on the ground. That would make sense. 

2 people like this

Posted

EVERYBODY has their name hidden if they crouch tho.

and its not only if you are at war, if they flag up the glow red aswell (granted can make you mistake a random flagged person for a war target)

did i mention you can negate its effects with a flare? i think i mentioned you can negate its effects with a flare.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0