• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

All fun and games, BUT..

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Your gear should really not only be customizable by paying € and even then it is very limited. For a roleplayer this is a big bummer when everyone looks the same except for the hair/face. Just read a thread about a guy who put 300 € into dyes only, Thats just a retarded price tag to put on just having a unique look. 

I can live with using the same weapons and armor pieces through my whole stay in this game but for the love of god, appearance..It's 2016. I'm sure you can hire a ton of artists with the money from people who bought explorers package after 26.2

Player trading. Having this not activated is absurd. CM_Jouska said something along the lines of "this is so that you really have to work for your gear and not just get BiS gear immediately"

You guys ever heard of level requirements for gear? I know you want to be different and something fresh on the market but I think you may be looking at this approach in a manner that is horribly wrong. I heard someone say that trade is activated in KR, why the hell would you chew that thread off for EU? Jesus..

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game. But these are things that feel just utmost dumb.

Edited by TerrorMoose
1 person likes this

Posted

You don't know where you just stepped into 😂

Educate yourself about the Systems ingame, then Start the forum battle. Im obviously talking about the second part of your post, as I don't care about fancy dresses.

1 person likes this

Posted

Already a mega thread about trading in various subforums, both here, under suggestions and so on.

I agree that there should be more appearance options.

Some less fancy costumes from costume dealers in-game maybe, buyable for X amount of silvers. Not at all as nice as the Pearl Store items, but at least something different. It's not always about being flashy and vibrant, but different.

Everquest 2 had loads of different types of clothing, many available without spending real cash. Sure, some of them were the same design, but different color schemes. There were also costume armor you could get as regular quest rewards, as holiday quest events and more. And people (including me) loved it! Everyone were trying to get the christmas clothing, or parade armor and so on.

This game has a reaaally limited selection, both game items as well as pearl store. My Witch only has 2 sets to chose from in pearl store... bummer... and I have yet to find some different looking pieces in game, albeit only level 22 atm.

Posted

maid costume please. only reason i bought the game

Posted (edited)

They actually started with some interesting armor variety.

But then they either removed those free armors completely or moved them to Cash Shop. Because money.

They also got rid of most pants when it comes to female armors. Because women don't need leg protection.

2016-03-02_584447731_zpsnhxvfm34.png

Edited by Vix

Posted

You don't know where you just stepped into 😂

Educate yourself about the Systems ingame, then Start the forum battle. Im obviously talking about the second part of your post, as I don't care about fancy dresses.

Oh i don't care what I stepped into. 

I might not be fully informed or  fully educated on why the "Systems" exist or partially exist. Does that mean I am not allowed  to have an opinion about it?

Posted

I completely agree. It's 2016 and the 2004 Xbox game Fable had more armor/costume options lmao.

Zero character display development.

Posted

Already a mega thread about trading in various subforums, both here, under suggestions and so on.

I agree that there should be more appearance options.

Some less fancy costumes from costume dealers in-game maybe, buyable for X amount of silvers. Not at all as nice as the Pearl Store items, but at least something different. It's not always about being flashy and vibrant, but different.

Everquest 2 had loads of different types of clothing, many available without spending real cash. Sure, some of them were the same design, but different color schemes. There were also costume armor you could get as regular quest rewards, as holiday quest events and more. And people (including me) loved it! Everyone were trying to get the christmas clothing, or parade armor and so on.

This game has a reaaally limited selection, both game items as well as pearl store. My Witch only has 2 sets to chose from in pearl store... bummer... and I have yet to find some different looking pieces in game, albeit only level 22 atm.

Go to Character Creator and try on Outfits. All outfits without P are armors you can earn in game. Those are ALL armors there are, all 6-7 of them.

All the MMORPG titles I've played, F2P, B2P and P2P, had more options when it came to armor, huge varieties between design and colors, and on top of that- FREE dyes and glamour! In all MMORPGs only dyes you could get from Cash Shop were "special" dyes, that apart from changing color had a "special" effect, like making your cotton rob look metallic or glow at night. We're talking about basic colors in BDO.

Search "Blade and Soul armor" or "Vindictus armor" or "Final Fantasy XIV armor" or "TERA armor" or even "4 Story armor" in Google images. There's so much variety, so many different models and colors for you to choose from, and if you don't like the armor you got on a higher level, you can glamour it for absolutely free!

Saying "Daum/Pearl Abbyss have to earn money to keep the game going"- yes, they do have to earn money, but they don't have to remove features from the game or limit our options. Just make cute outfits and cool pets and we'll buy them as soon as they hit the store! Although with prices as high as that- maybe they do have to push us to purchase. .-.

And to people saying "BDO has armor variety"- I know some classes have more variety when it comes to armors than others, but look at all free armors you can try on Ranger in CC:

2016-03-03_620598961_zpsp6rdifgz.png2016-03-03_620595245_zpst9umazbo.png2016-03-03_620602795_zpss4eotwgx.png2016-03-03_620606662_zpsykux5vci.png2016-03-03_620610461_zpshuldgdig.png

Oh look! It's the SAME DRESS with different accessories on top of it! 5/6 armors! Short, green in white dots, potato-sack-like dresses, just with different stuff put on top! Do you know how 6th one looks like?

2016-03-03_620615528_zps4iwhmeyc.png

Like a different short, green dress! This one just doesn't look like a potato sack! Success! Variety!

How long did it they take them to do those armors?! 5/6 are the same thing! WHY?! They didn't even bother to change the colors to make them look different! >-<

I'm not going to spam more pics here, but just take a look at classes in CC:

- Sorceress has some variety, but you can see elements from basic, default armor recycled to higher lvl armor. 4/6 armors share same pants texture repainted, other 2 share same pants model together, 3/6 armors share same "potato-sack" shirt, 2/6 share same turtle-neck shirt, 1 has unique shirt (success!), 2/6 share same shoes model repainted, rest of shoes are similar but they're not the same

- Valkyrie has 3/7 same dress with different accessories, 2/7 same dress repainted, 2/7 same dress with different accessories. 1 dress has unique shoes so that's something, seeing how other dresses have 2/7 same shoes (1 has armor thrown on top) +2/7 same shoes repainted +2/7 same shoes... 

- Witch has 4/7 same robes (exact same model) repainted and with different accessories, 3/7 same robe repainted and they share one hat model (3/7), 4 remaining hats are unique, 3/7 same shoe model, 3/6 same shoe model (those dress-like robes are literally the same thing but repainted), 1 unique shoe model

- Wizard is same as Witch, 4/7 same robes repainted with different accessories, 3/7 robes only repainted, 3/7 same hat model repainted, 4 unique hats. Same situation as Witch with shoes aswell

- Tamer has 5/6 same armors, repainted and with different accessories (2/6 share a bit different shape of the skirt), sometimes leggings, 3/6 have same shoes, 2/6 share same shoe model (though one is a short boot and one is a tall boot), 1 armor is unique (success)

- Warrior has same situation as Ranger, 5/6 same green tunic, brown pants armor with stuff thrown on top of it, 1 armor unique, 2 unique shoe models

- Berserker has similar situation to Sorcerer, 3/6 same shirt, 3 unique shirts, 3/6 same "skirt", 2/6 same "skirt", 1 unique "skirt", 3/6 same shoe models, 3 remaining... kinda unique shoe models? They're in the same fashion, but they have different models

1 person likes this

Posted

I might not be fully informed or  fully educated on why the "Systems" exist or partially exist. Does that mean I am not allowed  to have an opinion about it?

You can have an opinion about it but you kind of look silly considering we've all ready been given reason as to why it's restricted in the first place, which is gold sellers and botters.

Posted

You forgot to add #moneygrab and #P2W Costumes

Posted (edited)

You can have an opinion about it but you kind of look silly considering we've all ready been given reason as to why it's restricted in the first place, which is gold sellers and botters.

That I knew. Not a reason to disable player trade completely (except the silly consumables). There are other workarounds surely. 

Edited by TerrorMoose

Posted

But their cheap material and look much worse than advertised lol.

Well, for one they don't come with the content inside of them :(

For starters they could add some not-2900-pearls-but-cheaper crafting clothes.

I know there are crafting clothes in the game, but those are (relatively) expensive and come with stats that boost XP etc.

They could easily add some chefs clothes, fisherman clothing, aprons for armorsmiths etc, but without stats of course. They simply look nice, but offer no stats, only the visual (as costumes should anyhow).

Posted

in my world only informed people voice their opinion, as otherwise what would your "opinion" be worth?

2 people like this

Posted

I read your post but I was too lazy to read everyones comments. Anyhow I totally agree, I would like it much more if there were more unique gear and more gear in general, and not only from the cash shop that is.

Posted

you can turn profesion armors into costumes. That should give you 'some' option. Idk how to do it though.

Posted

how to convert the profession armour into costumes?

Posted (edited)

http://www.yandy.com/sexy-maid-costumes.php?P=all 

But their cheap material and look much worse than advertised lol.

and for about 6 in game costumes you could probably hire one of the models too :P

Edited by SinBringer

Posted

how to convert the profession armour into costumes?

using an item that doesn't seem to exist currently in our version going by the name of costume exchange coupon, it's assumed to be a cash shop item so it still doesn't really relieve the lack of diversity outside the cash shop. (not to dismiss the general added diversity however)

Posted

using an item that doesn't seem to exist currently in our version going by the name of costume exchange coupon, it's assumed to be a cash shop item so it still doesn't really relieve the lack of diversity outside the cash shop. (not to dismiss the general added diversity however)

fantastic, another item that can only be obtained via paywall, another thing i wont bother doing/buying.

Posted

Of course not, all the other people with the same opinion have made hundreds of threads without educating themselves on it. Why not one more.

Posted

I actually tried to start a topic on the AH and how it somewhat takes away from player interaction. I actually gave a suggestion for player owned stores with an additional gift system but people didn't seem interested. ; n; Personally I don't want to see straight up trading, I'd rather have something like a gift system put in place. 

As for CS and outfits 10/10 agree. We could use more in game, maybe even make it to where we have to craft them. I'd be down for that. Actually just for fun I was gonna think up some designs. 

Actually, it'd be cool if they held player art contest for outfit designs than implanted them in the game as craftable items. 

Posted

They actually started with some interesting armor variety.

But then they either removed those free armors completely or moved them to Cash Shop. Because money.

They also got rid of most pants when it comes to female armors. Because women don't need leg protection.

2016-03-02_584447731_zpsnhxvfm34.png

Now that's just depressing, not only is that a much better variety of armors than we currently have (and it actually looks like there could be some progression to it all) but what I would have for some reasonable female clothes. Why on gods green earth did they have to remove all pants from their armor? 

Posted

Now that's just depressing, not only is that a much better variety of armors than we currently have (and it actually looks like there could be some progression to it all) but what I would have for some reasonable female clothes. Why on gods green earth did they have to remove all pants from their armor? 

They will probably add pants later, for 1500 Pearls, considering pants are not a necessity by an added feature :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0