• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Should Daum Ditch Energy Cost of Processing??

Processing Pole....   262 votes

1. 1. Should it cost us energy to process raw materials?

• Yes it should cost- Please state why
    • No the cost should go away - Please state why
    • Yes it should cost, but please speed up energy gain
    • Pffft who cares, fishing...

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

109 posts in this topic

Posted

So as the title states, I'd be interested in knowing what the rest of the world thinks regarding the energy cost of processing.

Fact: The other regions JPN/KR/RUS are F2P and don't have this restriction

We are B2P and personally I don't think keeping this cost is valid considering the energy cost of pretty much everything else in the game...  So poll please :-

I'll leave Alchemy and Cooking out of this as they are proper craft disciplines....

Posted

Because costs removes the ability to power out processing AFK. Although there are many options available to players to level up life and training tiers while AFK, providing am AFK outlet for all of them would cheapen the gains and character growth.

3 people like this

Posted

FFS! Give the players who can't stay glued to their machines 24/7 a chance!  What's the value of something that can infinitely be crafted and processed?  Play Minecraft if that is the type of system people want.

Posted

FFS! Give the players who can't stay glued to their machines 24/7 a chance!  What's the value of something that can infinitely be crafted and processed?  Play Minecraft if that is the type of system people want.

Except harvesting said materials takes energy and worker stamina so is bottlenecked, crafting itself even more so.

I can't see the no-lifers running off too far ahead than they already do with the current system..

Posted

I think the energy use system is fair... There are many, many dailies you can do to gain back energy, or you can take a break and do something else while you wait for energy to replenish itself.

2 people like this

Posted

They need to remove it. The games crafting system isn't made to support energy on processing. It's not fair trying to craft stuff and be limited by processing to make materials, where as someone can grind forever. Making the actual products should still require energy

2 people like this

Posted

I like it cause it raises the market value of items that you process. 

Posted

I really like the fact that you actually have to work on being a better crafter. Want to process more goods? Work on getting a larger energy pool!

Why is it no one complains about having to progress their character for combat (Skill Points, HP, Stam, WP/MP Etc), but when it comes to crafting, progression is the devil.

Posted

This is a repost of my comment in another thread, while it talks about more than simple processing in conveys my thoughts:

The system is highly flawed, there is a reason why high level items aren't cost feasible.  Currently I use one alt to spend all 60 energy a day crafting beer, because its the most resource friendly food item to craft, costing 1 energy.  After I do that I play another character, but I wound up buying a the 180k wagon. Crafting my own 100k version would have cost me more than simply spending 180k.  Then there is simple tools like the pick axe.  3 copper ingots are needed, already the value of this tool becomes questionable as this requires me to smelt 150 copper for melted copper, possibly less with extra production, then either have the workers make it into ingots or smelt it again for 3 ingots.  Does that sound like a good use of my energy?  No, ill just buy 3 shabby picks.

Posted

I read something very important regarding this.  Don't know how accurate, but if it is, then our crafting system is totally -----ed

Copy paste:

based on how Korea works, the game doesn't follow supply / demand exactly. the price is set by an algorithm based on gold in the game, number in the game, and some amount of other factors. it is not controlled by the players. only the range within the price set is determined by the players. the price is the same as the Korean system which has no energy cost to process materials. because we have so much less processed materials in the game compared to the MUCH easier to acquire raw materials, the price on these is very high, however, the final item price is based on the assumption that the processed materials will be only a bit harder to obtain than the raw materials. that's why the blue tools are crazy expensive: they are very costly in terms of energy to craft, thus we have very few in the game. the whole system will be pretty -----ed unless they change the energy system to the Korean one that the majority of the market balance and many other parts of the game was based around, or they go much deeper and change a bunch of code for NA / EU / RU.

Link to comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/49te8o/incoherent_prices_at_ah/d0uvxla

3 people like this

Posted

I read something very important regarding this.  Don't know how accurate, but if it is, then our crafting system is totally -----ed

Copy paste:

based on how Korea works, the game doesn't follow supply / demand exactly. the price is set by an algorithm based on gold in the game, number in the game, and some amount of other factors. it is not controlled by the players. only the range within the price set is determined by the players. the price is the same as the Korean system which has no energy cost to process materials. because we have so much less processed materials in the game compared to the MUCH easier to acquire raw materials, the price on these is very high, however, the final item price is based on the assumption that the processed materials will be only a bit harder to obtain than the raw materials. that's why the blue tools are crazy expensive: they are very costly in terms of energy to craft, thus we have very few in the game. the whole system will be pretty -----ed unless they change the energy system to the Korean one that the majority of the market balance and many other parts of the game was based around, or they go much deeper and change a bunch of code for NA / EU / RU.

Link to comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/49te8o/incoherent_prices_at_ah/d0uvxla

sounds fairly accurate judging by the market in game.

Posted (edited)

exhaustion systems have been lame since 2007

a decade later games are still doing it come on richard

Edited by Jackrabbit

Posted

I've never understood the "energy" type system on any game except mobile games and even then it's just a cheap mechanic to make people wait and feel like they have to come back to play later.  All it does is slow down people's progress artificially.

Might as well make combat cost energy too, after all that would make grinding levels take a lot longer and is more "realistic", right?  Bit odd that I'm too tired to pick some weeds but perfectly fine dancing across a battlefield.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes its ok to have some limitation on production/lvling processing but the offline energy gain shouldn't be so retardedly low

Posted

You forgot another option:

Reduce costs when processing.

Posted

They really do need to remove it or drastically lessen (20% base chance to use energy)

Posted

Why are we the only version that has this restriction? Especially as we have to pay to get the game, but it is free for other versions.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really like the fact that you actually have to work on being a better crafter. Want to process more goods? Work on getting a larger energy pool!

Why is it no one complains about having to progress their character for combat (Skill Points, HP, Stam, WP/MP Etc), but when it comes to crafting, progression is the devil.

Sorry, this isn't progression. I've crafted heavily in every MMO I've played over the last 20 years and this is far from progression. This is a very common F2P tactic on mobile to gate progression for the user. There are energy regen potions in the loyalty shop and they'll make their way to the Pearl Shop for real cash soon enough if this keeps up. Again, just typical F2P monetization strategies. It's bullshit in an MMO.

So as the title states, I'd be interested in knowing what the rest of the world thinks regarding the energy cost of processing.

Fact: The other regions JPN/KR/RUS are F2P and don't have this restriction

We are B2P and personally I don't think keeping this cost is valid considering the energy cost of pretty much everything else in the game...  So poll please :-

I'll leave Alchemy and Cooking out of this as they are proper craft disciplines....

While I don't like the energy system in this game (read my comment above about F2P mobile monetization tactics), I was just dealing with it. Now that I know that the other regions don't have this, I must say to Daum: What the -----o.O

1 person likes this

Posted

Certain crafting materials are gated behind a high processing rank.  Those who dedicate themselves (and their energy) to leveling processing will be rewarded with an early jump on the market for these higher tier items.  Those who want to join in on the market will have to dedicate themselves to the goal as well.  I LOVE that this game forces you to make choices.  If we could all endlessly power level processing, you cheapen the overall value of the gated materials.

And for the record, I am not someone who has chosen to focus on processing.  But I'm absolutely looking forward to having some of those gated materials become available once people start listing them on the marketboard.

Posted

Sorry, this isn't progression. I've crafted heavily in every MMO I've played over the last 20 years and this is far from progression. This is a very common F2P tactic on mobile to gate progression for the user. There are energy regen potions in the loyalty shop and they'll make their way to the Pearl Shop for real cash soon enough if this keeps up. Again, just typical F2P monetization strategies. It's bullshit in an MMO.

While I don't like the energy system in this game (read my comment above about F2P mobile monetization tactics), I was just dealing with it. Now that I know that the other regions don't have this, I must say to Daum: What the -----o.O

It was actually said in another thread a day or two ago that energy is not spent on processing, cooking or alchemy in the other versions.  Gathering still costs energy but there is a chance you can free gather, I don't recall if that was based on gatherer level or luck.

Posted (edited)

I kinda like the energy system since it bring some choice.

BUT i would like to have a minigame ( playable like when you set your character in bed ) to fill up your energy faster.

I made a suggestion here, but look like a lot of players just answered with something "all fine bla bla bla, go afk to do other stuff" or like "no otherwise ppl would farm craft" ( when they have no issue to lvl to 50 in 15hours ).. etc

Edited by woots

Posted

It was actually said in another thread a day or two ago that energy is not spent on processing, cooking or alchemy in the other versions.  Gathering still costs energy but there is a chance you can free gather, I don't recall if that was based on gatherer level or luck.

A guild mate was just telling me this right now. Why did they change it for us? FYI - they also sell energy potions for real cash in the other regions as well.

Posted (edited)

I kinda like the energy system since it bring some choice.

BUT i would like to have a minigame ( playable like when you set your character in bed ) to fill up your energy faster.

I made a suggestion here, but look like a lot of players just answered with something "all fine bla bla bla, go afk to do other stuff" or like "no otherwise ppl would farm craft" ( when they have no issue to lvl to 50 in 15hours ).. etc

A sleep game could be fun, might get repetitive, but maybe it could work as an aternative.  I guess would would boil down to how much it sped things up, sorta like active fishing vs auto fishing.  

EDIT:  No counting sheep though -_-

Edited by Rellion

Posted (edited)

A sleep game could be fun, might get repetitive, but maybe it could work as an aternative.  I guess would would boil down to how much it sped things up, sorta like active fishing vs auto fishing.  

EDIT:  No counting sheep though -_-

well whatever mini game, of if they are lazy to create one, they could use already existing mini game from BDO ( it could be valid; mean, valid, for the game :p; to dream about like... fishing, getting milk.. or whatever else )

But to not be too annoying it shouldnt ofc last for hours, i mean, like10-15min with 4-5mini game phase, imho it should be enough, and like, fill up a certain % ( and not amount ) after each mini game.

EDIT : Because, even if its "realistic" to spend energy to craft / process, or whatever else, it doesnt make sense, to do something else waiting for your energy ( if someone really want to go on the "realistic" argument )

Because, if i spend 8hours crafting irl, i will certainly not going fish for XX hours, or bash mobs for XXhours waiting for my energy.. xD

Edited by woots

Posted

I'm a player that love gathering and crafting and do battle from time to time i spend days in FF14 crafting items and not even leaving town so when i heard about mmorpg that is focused about gathering crafting and trading I bought it withcout second thought. I didn't have time to play this game on lunch and in recent days i got time yesterdays morning and after making my charachter i got dc with message that there will be maitaince so ok i can wait.

I got to play today at least so for first hour i was in awe I level up few lvl i started exterminaiting bug by lighting chain and i started what i was most interested for; gathering. I started with olive tree i learn that gathering few time give me some knowladge and that it may speed up or give some extra bonus i learn that i can get critical item thanks to gathering green bug from olive tree I was happy but my happnes didn't last for long.

At some point I spent all energy i had at first i didn't understand what happend why can't i getter another bush. I read message that appear in chat menu about energy that i search interface for energy bar ant read message that i found there. I think ok whatever i closed game with 1 energy and went to make a dinner, after doing that and eating i geined some energy to play game again and i was sure that ma charachter did this same. You can't even image expresion on my face when i log in and found out nthat my charachter have this same amount of energy that it wa swhen i log off, none other that 1 point. What more after playing for a while I learn that crafting need energy that investing in housing (node or whatever) need energy that some quest need energy at some point i was almost sure that when my charackter need to go toilet it would cost me energy. I understand when crafting take time or some reasorce but i can't understand when i pick up flower and have wait 3 minute to pick up another flower. I play games to have fun, not to sit and look at some bar to load.

1 person likes this