• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Sooo. Who quit berserker today?

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw that someone placed a +15 yuria axe of crimson flame on the market (42mil). Usually this signifies that someone has quit their class, unless of course they just decided to show it off. With the failure to lock down in pvp right now it makes sense that people are quitting the class. 

Posted

Never gonna quit this class. We have a lot of cons and not nearly as many pros but the class is just too much fun. If and when our grabs get fixed, the class will become an absolute powerhouse in the right hands. Don't forget our awakening is an absolute beast of a weapon also, despite how long we may have to wait for it, I do believe it's worth the wait.

On the subject of gear, I'm at 98 AP and 131 DP (there are berserkers with much more) using a lot of iframes and animation cancels only grabbing when the opponent is locked in place in some way. PvP is becoming a lot more comfortable and I'm able to tank through a lot more damage from the likes of sorcs, rangers and wiz/witches.

Attack speed is still priority and I have it at 5, but crit seems a lot more important than I first gave it credit for. Only at 2 crit but I notice a lot more hits critting and things melting much faster now. I still have luck crystals on as I'm still farming accessories but once I can switch to proper crystals I see the serk becoming a lot more durable. I'm also saving up for a liverto axe which I see as being a major game changer at +15 with the right crystals.

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to adapt to not being able to rely on grab chaining as much as we should be able to. We need to use our mobility and AoE damage to our advantage and keep putting pressure on the opponent through evasions and combos.

8 people like this

Posted

reason why it "might" be up there is that said player has a plus 12 or 13  Liverto Axe and instead of breaking it down for weapon stones hes selling it cause you don't yolo enchant a liverto you build stacks with armor stones. so if i was in that player situation i would also sell my plus 15+ and make like plus 2 witch earring sets. I'm also close to selling my 15+ Yuria because my Liverto is almost is a place i want to swap it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe he found out that Berserker/Giant shrinks when they mount up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never gonna quit this class. We have a lot of cons and not nearly as many pros but the class is just too much fun. If and when our grabs get fixed, the class will become an absolute powerhouse in the right hands. Don't forget our awakening is an absolute beast of a weapon also, despite how long we may have to wait for it, I do believe it's worth the wait.

On the subject of gear, I'm at 98 AP and 131 DP (there are berserkers with much more) using a lot of iframes and animation cancels only grabbing when the opponent is locked in place in some way. PvP is becoming a lot more comfortable and I'm able to tank through a lot more damage from the likes of sorcs, rangers and wiz/witches.

Attack speed is still priority and I have it at 5, but crit seems a lot more important than I first gave it credit for. Only at 2 crit but I notice a lot more hits critting and things melting much faster now. I still have luck crystals on as I'm still farming accessories but once I can switch to proper crystals I see the serk becoming a lot more durable. I'm also saving up for a liverto axe which I see as being a major game changer at +15 with the right crystals.

I think there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we just have to adapt to not being able to rely on grab chaining as much as we should be able to. We need to use our mobility and AoE damage to our advantage and keep putting pressure on the opponent through evasions and combos.

What was the trick to getting such good ap/dp? Did you guys buy the stones before they got expensive or something? I spent 9 mil on awakening my spin which was a huge setback- but i've been farming my booty off at catfish getting like 3-5 mil a day but im still only 86/78. What am i doing wrong?

Posted

everyone needs to learn from this guy. Seriously. This is the pinnacle of perseverance and positivity that this forum needs. You don't just quit something when you think it's UP and move to someone you think is OP. You stick it out and get to the top and be the best of your class (if you like the play style that is). 

I feel like too many people choose classes based on OPness and then complain when they're not even fully geared. 

I started out feeling rusty with the combos and saw many complain about the clunkiness, but then I started to get the combo and now execute FD flawlessly without going into RT or beastly windslash. Then all of the sudden, the clunkiness wasn't clunkiness at all but just something you need to learn and get used to. 

My leveling experience was also generally smooth when I didn't have RT awakening, and my gear was enhanced to the minimum level (5 on all armors and 8 on my yuria). So yeah, I'm loving this class no matter what people say. I love to be up in people's face, none of that kiting magic crap. Not to mention the awakening is super badass, and I've heard that the damage output is insane. Just by looking at it, it's going to be epic powerful in GvG and group PVP.

Kudos to your attitude man. Love it! 

2 people like this

Posted

you need to do boss scrolls in 5 man groups for stones

Posted

I didn't quit zerker, I just put him in storage until awakening weapon.

Posted

What was the trick to getting such good ap/dp? Did you guys buy the stones before they got expensive or something? I spent 9 mil on awakening my spin which was a huge setback- but i've been farming my booty off at catfish getting like 3-5 mil a day but im still only 86/78. What am i doing wrong?

I've been running with guildies most of the time I'm playing and we do all our scrolls together, meaning extra hunter seals every day for all of us. If we have extra cash lying around from farming during the day we buy relic shards and use the scrolls together, usually multiple each. This also meant being able to avoid spending silver on awakening my spin, it did take me over 70 fragments to get the hp spin however. It all adds up pretty quickly. If you're short on silver, get in a group with friends and set loot to be listed for sale when it's picked up, grade green and up. The silver will be distributed between all members and usually ends up earning you more than you would from selling whatever you pick up solo.

Posted (edited)

I was little on the verge of doing it after trying a witch alt. Damn all the spells are so fluid. easily castable (I think a lot of the berzeker spells are hotkey or bust), you get a lot of options for farming (fireball, snowstorm, lightning), you get great MP and HP sustain, great farming mobility, just awesome experience. But you can see that the grass is not greener in the end, you pop freeze, teleport and then if someone gets to you, you are bust.

Also I think Berserker is kinda function before form. We need to be good at farming, you get one skill for that. Single target - FD. Other than that - grabs, charges, jumps, kds. We get the things we need in really barebone way, but it works. I don't really need witch for farming, berserker is great at that. And I am aiming at group pvp, so there will be a lot of what I can do.

Last note, I don't know if it wise to take all these 95+/120+ people saying that it is fine later as a good example. I went no-life for first week, but then work happen (so I get like 2 hours of gameplay per day) and the upgrading slowed down a lot (I am at 75/103 something). I don't want to make myself a role model for this, but I have still like 100+ hours on my character in 10 days. So I am not quite sure you are fighting people on similar gear level. I don't mean this is as an insult, just something to think about, you must be really at the up 1% or even less if your Liverto is near your +15 Yuria.

Edited by Zhalfirim

Posted (edited)

I got hp on hit within the first try and others aswell. We saved a lot of money that way. Other than that i make around 3 mil+ each day and my stash has materials worth over 10 mil. I havent upgradet anything since i hit 50 but i could probably push from 80 ap lvling gear to 100 within a few hours. But i mostly focus on gathering and crafting atm.

However even the fact that i'm still running around in lvling gear doesnt change the fact that i will never stop playing Berserker. Even with 80/110 you can still kill 51s+ if you manage to get "grab is the only way" out of your head. Also stop using iframes (Shake off) for defence only. You use it to avoid dmg and get close to him within the same time. You dont need to perma grab-cc all you need is Shake Off and 100+ DP one knockdown and spin (even if it only hits for 2 seconds on knockdown you will still almost kill most people with enough armor pen especially rangers.

Other than that i've played Berserker long enough to know how good and how much fun he is once castle sieges and GvG in generall gets more serious. Once castle sieges start people will realise how strong Berserker is you can literally destroy 30 man zergs within a few seconds if you're smart enough. Another fact is that once you played Berserker for several weeks/months you will start playing different compared to now. One day it will "click" and every combo lands perfectly and you start to use non-meta combos that are mostly a lot stronger than the standart "skill all grabs use all grabs" builds.

Meele in almost every game gets really strong once you learned the basics and once you learn to think outside of the box.

Edited by Surrender
1 person likes this

Posted

However even the fact that i'm still running around in lvling gear doesnt change the fact that i will never stop playing Berserker. Even with 80/110 you can still kill 51s+ if you manage to get "grab is the only way" out of your head. Also stop using iframes (Shake off) for defence only. You use it to avoid dmg and get close to him within the same time. You dont need to perma grab-cc all you need is Shake Off and 100+ DP one knockdown and spin (even if it only hits for 2 seconds on knockdown you will still almost kill most people with enough armor pen especially rangers.

This. We need to look at zerker playstyle again, use knockdown windows for burst more, and not worry so much about grabbing for now. It works wonders I tell ya. 

Posted

Not gonna quit. But not gonna lie either. He might get PVE shelved for awhile.

Probably going to alt a wizard or ranger until server lag calms down.

Posted

I'm still leveling my zerker (40) and I will not quit, as i've learned with every single MMO all classes are broken at one point or another and all classes get nerfed or buffed to OP status. I love the play style and how much punishment i can take at an early level, not a fan of the other classes currently available. The only class I want to play outside of zerker is the Blader. Don't give up just master it and be better than people that only focus on one way of doing things that is the point of learning the class.

Posted

Just want to add one more thing:

- Current Patch:

tumblr_inline_npuvjwSDMS1tp4jyg_500.gif

- Awakened Patch:

4734a63bf585d82b5bfd45429912bf30.gif

3 people like this

Posted

I've been running with guildies most of the time I'm playing and we do all our scrolls together, meaning extra hunter seals every day for all of us. If we have extra cash lying around from farming during the day we buy relic shards and use the scrolls together, usually multiple each. This also meant being able to avoid spending silver on awakening my spin, it did take me over 70 fragments to get the hp spin however. It all adds up pretty quickly. If you're short on silver, get in a group with friends and set loot to be listed for sale when it's picked up, grade green and up. The silver will be distributed between all members and usually ends up earning you more than you would from selling whatever you pick up solo.

Hello.. I'm new to the game and a new beserker.. is this on KR you're referring to? Cause I'm on NA and my spin doesn't heal me.. could you please explain a little more in depth? 

Posted

Hello.. I'm new to the game and a new beserker.. is this on KR you're referring to? Cause I'm on NA and my spin doesn't heal me.. could you please explain a little more in depth? 

You'll get the option to awaken 1 skill per level starting at level 48. Awakening a skill adds an additional effect to the skill. One of the awakenings for raging thunder is that it will restore 4 hp per hit.

Posted

You'll get the option to awaken 1 skill per level starting at level 48. Awakening a skill adds an additional effect to the skill. One of the awakenings for raging thunder is that it will restore 4 hp per hit.

Is that the best option?

Posted

Is that the best option?

Yep, that is the bread and butter of berserker, spin2win while getting your HP back.

Posted

hey, this isnt OP but seems like your passionate for zerks! im wondering if u can show me your build and a good build towards leveling 1-50 with a pvp set build inbetween 

Posted

Yep, that is the bread and butter of berserker, spin2win while getting your HP back.

Hey man, so I just hit level 50 and I did awakening for my spin 2 win, but it looks like it was only level 1 and it reduces enemies crit by 3%, is there something I'm missing?

Posted

Hey man, so I just hit level 50 and I did awakening for my spin 2 win, but it looks like it was only level 1 and it reduces enemies crit by 3%, is there something I'm missing?

Unfortunately there are a total of 12 awakening effects and it's RNG. You can reawaken it with memory fragments. I believe you can get them with the ancient relic boss scroll. Do them in a group so you get multiple.

Posted

Just want to add one more thing:

- Current Patch:

tumblr_inline_npuvjwSDMS1tp4jyg_500.gif

- Awakened Patch:

4734a63bf585d82b5bfd45429912bf30.gif

Hahahaahaha.

Posted

hey, this isnt OP but seems like your passionate for zerks! im wondering if u can show me your build and a good build towards leveling 1-50 with a pvp set build inbetween 

Hey, leveling 1 to 50 will only really require headbutt, beastly wind slash, shake off and raging thunder, anything else is pretty much optional for leveling. Definitely get each rank of raging thunder as you unlock them. You'll get a full skill reset at 45 as well so feel free to test skills before using that.

This is my current build for PvE and PvP, I'll explain a few things about this below. It's skill point heavy for this early stage in the game so I advise carefully considering each skill and points invested if you're going to follow it at all http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/berserker/7862 it still has a couple of things to get before I unlock lava piercer 3 at 54 and sp: beastly wind slash at 55.

I find ultimate headbutt to be optional although it can be used to set up some nice combos at times, and only have it ranked to where it is so that it does extra damage when I do use it, which isn't all that often, you can pass on this entirely if you're not going for ultimate and are happy with the base damage.

I don't see many people running tackling rock but I find the skill to be incredibly useful at times as a defensive and offensive skill at the same time, and being able to execute it into a grab via flow: beastly instincts on someone in a group fight is usually a game changer if you're communicating with your team.

I do suggest getting rock smash to rank 3 because the damage difference between rank 2 and 3 is quite large and the damage an opponent takes (if it lands, damn buggy grabs) in the moments following your use of this skill, especially in group fights, usually leaves them at or below half health. Same deal for corpse storm but keep in mind this does 50% less damage in PvP.

Elastic force is at rank 3 for the extra hits and extreme resource generation in PvE on up + LMB, meaning you don't need to use juices which saves you energy/time or silver in the long run.

Wrath of beast is an optional skill entirely, and how many points you put into it if you do take it is also optional but I don't suggest ranking it up past 1 until you have the majority of your important skills. Generally it will be used right before you think you're going to be jumped on by multiple people, what it does is turn you into a nearly unstoppable monster for the duration of the skill, giving you time to consider your next move, your friends time to coordinate a counter against the people jumping on you if they stay on you or just delaying the inevitable death. On lesser geared opponents it can also deal considerable damage if ranked up.

If I didn't explain anything about a skill it's because I consider it pretty much mandatory. If you are curious about other skills just ask.

If I were to level this class again I would probably follow this as a sort of base "what skills I need for PvE" build on my way to 50 without even considering what I need for PvP, by the time you get to 45 and unlock PvP, you should have way more points than what is used here. http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/berserker/7865#

All this makes me feel like writing up a guide :).

Posted

I love the class, honestly.  I just got really, really boned on Awakening Raging Thunder.

I spent upwards of 10mil before I finally gave up.  I tried to keep grinding without it, but the potion chugging just made it a very steep uphill climb for me, money-wise.  I hope I can come back to it once I'm more established on my other character.  Really bummed out about it honestly.  I was set on playing it but it was absolutely miserable without the 4hp on hit and didn't seem like a good idea to just keep dumping 100% of my resources into attempting to reroll it.