• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Trade Crates?

55 posts in this topic

Posted

You have to go out and farm some stuff on your own sometimes. I am never out of powder but I grind out every crystal that drops and I mine zinc a lot so over 500 rough stones in storage and incoming. Relying on market no thank you.

Energy is a -----. Can't do it all.

Posted

I think most of the people have missed out the most important part which is "WHAT" are you using to make the crate. Some plants do make a profit margin of 15-20% but it solely because the plant itself doesn't sell a fortune on the market, which compared with making the much needed iron ore to a crate? The choice of material itself is a poor decision.

It's just a perspective on how you want to make silver. Crate does sell better at some situation but you always have a better way to make silver.

Posted

If you put a cheaper item in the crate, you won't even make the cost of the BSP back. Fortune Teller Mushrooms or Potatoes, for example.

Posted

Where can I find the vendor base price for all crates or do I have to make every single one (✿◡‿◡)

Posted

If you look in the crafting interface, mouse over the crate you're building, it'll have the price at the bottom of it's info. That's the base vendor price used by the NPC traders.

Posted (edited)

The keystone in figuring out if you're losing money is the Black Stone Powder. It's worth as much or more than your margin for the base ingredients. Typically, the crate is worth about the same as the 10 things you're packing, but the 1,900s value is a built-in loss factor. The crate would need to be worth more than 9-10k AND you would need a 20-30% boost in price to cut profit off the materials. That's a crate full of 10x 900s items.

then there's the material investments. Beer being the first. Every point of stamina is worth 400-600sp in beer, and if you're using workers, that's 1 point for the package, and usually around 2 for the harvests. So.. 1200-1800sp for the labor, about double that for the BSP.. and the overhead value is close to 4k per crate.

Thus, if the item is marketable, it's better to sell it. If it's worth a crapton, then boxing it seems perfectly fair. If it's junk like potatos and ash lumber, then don't bother.

Edited by Zourin

Posted

sunflowers make a lot of money thats 50 crates x 23k make about 1.3m2016-03-21_89507765.thumb.JPG.72d18a6e75

Posted

I feel like trade crates aren't the #1 use of anything right now. It's more like "If the market for this item gets bad enough, you can always trade crate it. However, sunflowers are there right now, probably. :P

Posted

Thanks.  

Any tips on leveling up trade level?  I'm just doing trade quests and trading trade items to NPC. 

TL;DR version: Sell the green items you get from grinding/questing to a trader and if possible use cont points to buy the node connected to the area where you got them. Even if you buy it after you got the loot it still counts :) 

Trade packages are ok too, get stuff from farming or worker gathering and make sure towns are connected by nodes to transport from one to the other with more profit! Strongly suggest horse and carriage for this ;) 

Posted

The keystone in figuring out if you're losing money is the Black Stone Powder. It's worth as much or more than your margin for the base ingredients. Typically, the crate is worth about the same as the 10 things you're packing, but the 1,900s value is a built-in loss factor. The crate would need to be worth more than 9-10k AND you would need a 20-30% boost in price to cut profit off the materials. That's a crate full of 10x 900s items.

then there's the material investments. Beer being the first. Every point of stamina is worth 400-600sp in beer, and if you're using workers, that's 1 point for the package, and usually around 2 for the harvests. So.. 1200-1800sp for the labor, about double that for the BSP.. and the overhead value is close to 4k per crate.

Thus, if the item is marketable, it's better to sell it. If it's worth a crapton, then boxing it seems perfectly fair. If it's junk like potatos and ash lumber, then don't bother.

Don't forget that if you sell the materials, BSP, and Beer you'd have to pay 35% in MP fees so that skews the math in favour of tradepacks some.

1 person likes this

Posted

unless workers can gather those rough stones then its all pointless really.

Posted

unless workers can gather those rough stones then its all pointless really.

They can't. And even if they could, then we're just talking about opportunity cost.

Posted

My Alt is at a apprentice 4 and from one plant gets around 20-38. 4G at best. How did I you get 40-60??

Posted

I have Fir Timber crate, they only sell for 1250 to trader :(

Helppppppppp

Posted

Don't forget that if you sell the materials, BSP, and Beer you'd have to pay 35% in MP fees so that skews the math in favour of tradepacks some.

With sunflowers, you just NPC them, same with other blue stuff you grow. Think 1 blue sunflower is 1.000 silver (plus some change). If you do the crates, drive them far, bargain, you're still ahead, but not by much. 

I have Fir Timber crate, they only sell for 1250 to trader :(

Helppppppppp

Base timber crates suck. I think most worth is calpheon timber crate, 50k+ per one, it's a pain to make though, specially if you want to make them in bulk. Will be worth more with expansion, longer distances. Atm  components to make them are more expensive than the box, but prices of mats are going down, plywood was like 20k lol and the box uses 15 plywood. 

Posted

Basically the only way to make crates worth it is to figure out their base %s, then add in the distance calculator and market value costs, then determine if you'd make more off the market at that time.  Most cases currently you're going to make more selling to the market than you would making the crates at this time.  Over time this might change, and there might be a few where this is not the case.  But for example I made Steel Ingots in Trent and took them to Veilia, and I about broke even with Market prices after the 35% tax is taken into account. 

Posted

*cough* Processing is your friend *cough*

Posted

I have a problem I can't seem to figure out.. 

I fished and then I dryed the fish, like a bunch of diffrent types, when I reached 10x of a few types I went in to my fish workbench only to find out that 1 type of all my diffrent 10x stacks was able to be crafted to a crate.. Even though the description of the dryed fish says I can craft it I can't find it in the workbench..?

1 person likes this

Posted

At artisan 3 processing, using a long-ass excel table based on having processed a few thousand timbers into plywoods, I came to the result that I make 15k/energy point selling Calph boxes. It's fairly ok profit if you need a quick energy dump. Only at arti+ processing tho. At lower is won't be nearly as much. Also, you don't really gain exp from this method. I try to not make more than 20 a day.

Posted

What nobody seemed to cover and I find deal breaking when it comes to making crates: how do you actually make large amount of crates? I do think that it's better to make crates and sell them instantly rather than relying on MP and it's ripoff 30% commission, but when you got like 66 plants that you harvest each 4-5 hours, how can you actually keep up with crate production. Cuz sure, I could buy all the crop workbenches around the map but that's an awful lot of contribution points gone. So my question here is, is there any faster way to make crates? 

Posted

I have a problem I can't seem to figure out.. 

I fished and then I dryed the fish, like a bunch of diffrent types, when I reached 10x of a few types I went in to my fish workbench only to find out that 1 type of all my diffrent 10x stacks was able to be crafted to a crate.. Even though the description of the dryed fish says I can craft it I can't find it in the workbench..?

same issue, i can only find level 1 fish workshops which does not give the option to crate better dried fish... i only wish i checked this before i stockpiled a few hundred of these types 1st

fingers crossed its to be added later on?  or what is the point of dried tilefish / sea eel etc etc :( 

Posted

What nobody seemed to cover and I find deal breaking when it comes to making crates: how do you actually make large amount of crates? I do think that it's better to make crates and sell them instantly rather than relying on MP and it's ripoff 30% commission, but when you got like 66 plants that you harvest each 4-5 hours, how can you actually keep up with crate production. Cuz sure, I could buy all the crop workbenches around the map but that's an awful lot of contribution points gone. So my question here is, is there any faster way to make crates? 

well in kr workers do prune your plants, so you already save a ton of energy as you only have to harvest them. Also use fertilizer you can push the grow rate from sun flowers to 2h40m or something.

next in kr processing doesn't cost energy since the market is always oversaturated, so ppl can build crates on mass with gathering.

Problem is just our crate/market prices are not adjusted for an energy cost in processing. So our ah prices AND crate value should acutally be higher. But it isnt;(

Posted

I tried messing around with brass crates, the process is slow and not worth the contribution points invested. just gonna go back to hoarding black stones.

Posted

You have to go out and farm some stuff on your own sometimes. I am never out of powder but I grind out every crystal that drops and I mine zinc a lot so over 500 rough stones in storage and incoming. Relying on market no thank you.

Why do you farm ziinc? I'm new and I just love this game and it's life skill set up! I'm doing Vella to Trent, but the server shut down before I could do a trade run on it to see how much I profit.  I bought a nobel wagon for extra carry weight and have 30 cp put into farms, I'm gonna try and get more cp but I'm running low connecting to trent, and having workers and buildings to make the crates and the farms. 

But back to the question, why so much zinc? 

Posted

Why do you farm ziinc? I'm new and I just love this game and it's life skill set up! I'm doing Vella to Trent, but the server shut down before I could do a trade run on it to see how much I profit.  I bought a nobel wagon for extra carry weight and have 30 cp put into farms, I'm gonna try and get more cp but I'm running low connecting to trent, and having workers and buildings to make the crates and the farms. 

But back to the question, why so much zinc? 

I use Zinc to process them to Brass Ignot (but u need copper too), they make good money and give good processing xp. I prefer to sell the farms and invest into workers at lower levels. Gives more profit per cp.