• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Transparent (see through) Hair

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been having this issue, atleast i think it's an issue, with my character hair being transparent, i can see the scalp and jewellery through the hair and it's alarming...

I've created a video about it, apologies about the mic quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmKOpC_Y8kE 

1 person likes this

Posted

nBZvx.png

Honestly I thought it was just my client so I redownloaded but it didn't fix anything. It's been bothering me a lot too :( 

2 people like this

Posted

Yeah, i can only find a handful of people suffering the same thing, i don't know whats going on... so redownloading isn't an option i guess? :(

Posted

Yeah, it's happening to me too. Causes my hair colour look different as well.

Posted

It's been a while though, the problem started happening after headstart so I hope they address/identify/fix this issue soon :c Still no reply on my ticket~

Posted

It's been a while though, the problem started happening after headstart so I hope they address/identify/fix this issue soon :c Still no reply on my ticket~

When did you start your ticket?

Posted

When did you start your ticket?

1 week ago on Friday~

Posted

I noticed that transparent/glowing hair is a problem when you have too much white in it. Try and adjust your dye/tip color to a darker shade of grey or even black. It will give the hair a darker tone, but does stop the transparency issues along with the super sayan glow. Here are some examples of the difference in tone before and after with similar lighting that would cause super sayan hair. The left image is with full white dye while the right image is full black.

12837225_1245678478795255_1887256291_o.t12421892_1245678505461919_1243225760_o.t

Posted

I noticed that transparent/glowing hair is a problem when you have too much white in it. Try and adjust your dye/tip color to a darker shade of grey or even black. It will give the hair a darker tone, but does stop the transparency issues along with the super sayan glow. Here are some examples of the difference in tone before and after with similar lighting that would cause super sayan hair. The left image is with full white dye while the right image is full black.

12837225_1245678478795255_1887256291_o.t12421892_1245678505461919_1243225760_o.t

Doesn't seem to effect my character at all to be honest because of the outfit i wear... it has a black ribbon around her neck.

Posted

Doesn't seem to effect my character at all to be honest because of the outfit i wear... it has a black ribbon around her neck.

I wonder why a black ribbon would throw off the colour? Contrast rendering maybe?

Posted

The super bright/glowing hair is a separate issue from the transparent hair glitch.

Posted

The super bright/glowing hair is a separate issue from the transparent hair glitch.

This makes me very sad panda :( 

Posted (edited)

This makes me very sad panda :( 

I've been sad since I run angelicandice.com & charactercrush.com and I haven't been able to post any new character templates lately. :( I usually go on the Russian BD client to make characters but now both versions have the glitch and I don't know what to do :(:(:(:( 

Edited by Beauty
2 people like this

Posted

I'm gonna create a ticket, see if they get back to me, i'll post the reply here if they do!

Posted

Hey everyone, i think it is a graphics bug since CB2 that no one ever noticed it til recently. I submitted a ticket about this issue yesterday, because i think all of us are experiencing the same thing. to be honest, got a reply and this is what he said 

GM Fenrir (Black Desert Online)

Mar 16, 11:02

Greetings,

You are receiving this in response to the ticket you created regarding a bug.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will investigate this for you and take action in accordance with our policies.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again, should you need further assistance.

Posted

I just recently downloaded the Korean version and the hair glitch is also there too.. I don't know what to do anymore :(

Posted

Hey everyone, i think it is a graphics bug since CB2 that no one ever noticed it til recently. I submitted a ticket about this issue yesterday, because i think all of us are experiencing the same thing. to be honest, got a reply and this is what he said 

Right, i got a response, i'll post it here...

Thank you for contacting Black Desert Online Customer Support and for your interest in our game.

Please forgive us for the late reply. We currently have an increased amount of enquiries, which could delay our response time.

Please delete the cache folders from the following locations which should fix this issue.

\Documents\Black Desert
C:\Black Desert Online

Keep an eye on our website and social media outlets to not miss any potential future announcements:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bdo_news

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you, and thank you for your understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

GM Tomganks English Customer Support Team

Well i tried this with no luck, so i responded saying it didn't work, they also sent another reply which i'm trying right now. which is this:

You could try repairing the game files. Here is the link:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207749345-Repair-Game-Files

Keep an eye on our website and social media outlets to not miss any potential future announcements:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackDesertOnline/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bdo_news

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you, and thank you for your understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

GM Tomganks English Customer Support Team

I'll let you guys know if it works!

Well... it didn't fix it, so i've replied telling them.

Posted

It seems the delete cache folders and rename version.dat file to repair game files is Daum's recommendation for any graphical bug. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for any of the issues I'm having. I have the transparent hair bug (which I believe might be a texture issue with hair - check screenshots from other versions of the game, their hair textures look much better), the glowing hair (could be related to the lighting bugs that we have? like the nights not being dark anymore), lighting bugs, missing weather effects (rain drops don't really exist for me), and the newest for me is NPC hair being white. I haven't gotten a response on any of the issues I'm experiencing.

2016-03-17_545442828.PNG

Posted

They haven't even answered to my ticket and it was like 2 weeks ago lol

Posted

My character has black hair, and I have the transparent hair issue too: 

2016-03-20_609532998_(2).thumb.PNG.309b5

I thought it was a "feature" actually, just something that happened due to how hair worked in the game, but if it's a bug, yeah, a fix would be really nice.

Posted

nPZpr.png

Finally got an update on my ticket~ 

Posted

Not sure if it is related to this or not, but a friend and I discovered a bug with the Afro hair style on the berserker. He started the game, created his afro berserker, and as soon as he started playing he noticed his FPS was very low. His system should be more than enough to handle BDO, but his FPS remained in the 15-20 range, even with all graphics settings on low.

It wasn't until I looked closely at his characters hair, by angling my camera close to his head, that I noticed my FPS dropped too, again down to around 15-20 FPS. My system is a higher spec than his, and the game in all other respects has been running very smoothly with everything maxed out.

As soon as my friend created a new character, a wizard this time (no afro), his FPS was at a much more acceptable range. Therefore, I think there is definitely a problem with the afro hairstyle. Not sure if this is related to this transparency issue, but thought I would bring it up here just in case it helps the devs pinpoint an issue somewhere.