• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Night time is to dark

89 posts in this topic

Posted

So if you sit in any room with any sun it is basically impossible to see even with gamma/contrast all the way up

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

That's the point.... You need a light source such as a lantern to see in the dark.

Darkness should be dark, not a blue filter over a completely bright game world. That goes for both night and indoors.

Edit: Also check your monitor settings. A lot of people have their contrast and/or saturation levels way, way too high. Just use the calibration tool in Windows (you still have to use your monitor controls, but the tool helps)

Edited by MChrome
14 people like this

Posted

that lantern sucks hard ,but i think in pvp that would be sick :) poor melee wont even see the ranged PKer's 

Posted (edited)

Edit: Double post... Forum software is acting up.

Edited by MChrome

Posted

I don't agree. 

However maybe the lantern could spread the light a little tiny bit more... but that's just an opinion

6 people like this

Posted

I don't agree. 

However maybe the lantern could spread the light a little tiny bit more... but that's just an opinion

The night is darker than alone in the dark.

Lantern wont suffice, i would prefer a moon or stars giving off more light source.

1 person likes this

Posted

It isn't really dark so far, your monitor isn't set to a high enough brightness

3 people like this

Posted

Knew this was gonna happen after Daum made night time darker after the alpha feedback.  I feel that the alpha feedback didn't capture the general opinion very well, just the small group that was dedicated enough to get a key. 

1 person likes this

Posted

From my brief experience with the darker night, I feel like it hurts Melee characters way more than ranged.

Posted

HAve people who are seeing too dark nights/interiors checked their monitor settings?

Contrast or saturation don't HAVE to be at 100%, which is probably causing the issue.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't agree. 

Yes, it's like i have to play with the colour filters every time the weather changes to get decent lighting..... so annoying.

Even filter is played the lighting still looks meh...

Posted

It might just be monitor as others have said with contrast and saturation, I have been able to see fine in the game when I played the game. If its the sun that should be able to be blocked off easily enough.

I personally like how dark the night is.

Posted

Night time is perfect.  You can actually tell it's night now.

7 people like this

Posted

Dark is good.

2 people like this

Posted

DUDE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE dark.

Don't you see the possiblities of night time raiding?

So many chances ~-~

4 people like this

Posted

Yes, it's like i have to play with the colour filters every time the weather changes to get decent lighting..... so annoying.

Even filter is played the lighting still looks meh...

Seriously? You're moaning about having to change colour filters? This is one of the few games that have dynamic weather systems, any games that used to have them got it taken away due to people crying about not being able to see, stop ruining this shit for people who actually want dynamic weather, who want it difficult to see because stormy weather isn't a walk in the park, because if I can train in the middle of the night, pitch black, with the wind and rain howling around me, that's how I want to bloody well train.

2 people like this

Posted

I agree completely. I can definetly see what they were trying to do with the night time and its a good concept. And i have to say its pretty cool that mobs are stronger and give more xp in the night. Its nice to have change of pace from other mmos once in a while. However given the fact that the night lasts just as long as day ( dhaaa i know right?) this means half of the time you will be playing you will have problems seeing where the hell you're going or what you're doing. And thats not fun. They could have implemented this system for example just in some areas, or make like a season based weather, with winter being the darkest. I just don't think it will be fun playing half the game not seeing where you're going. Cool concept but will probably get old real fast. And yes before you say anything, i did purchase a lantern, makes little to no difference imo.

Posted

Seriously? You're moaning about having to change colour filters? This is one of the few games that have dynamic weather systems, any games that used to have them got it taken away due to people crying about not being able to see, stop ruining this shit for people who actually want dynamic weather, who want it difficult to see because stormy weather isn't a walk in the park, because if I can train in the middle of the night, pitch black, with the wind and rain howling around me, that's how I want to bloody well train.

I 100% agree with this, cmon guys you want a mmo like any other, then there are many other mmo's out there you can play, this adds something good and new to the world and makes it a bit harder, everyone usually complains about every mmo, its to much the same its to much like other mmo's but when there is finally change then you complain its to different and to hard. I LOVE  the night its something new and it makes it harder unlike every other EASY mmo there is out there. So please stop complaining 

2 people like this

Posted

Why not make light level dependant on moon phase?

2 people like this

Posted

I personally love the idea of total darkness because of the possibilities it gives. Sieges would become more about tactics if done at night time with defenders able to flank under darkness or attackers sneaking a small force behind enemy lines :-D and its just different to add a different atmosphere to the whole game.

Big thumbs up from me!

2 people like this

Posted

I found the nights too dark too. It's nice to have dark nights but not like this. it is too much.

Posted

I don't mind the darkness you can always adjust your brightness but the lanterns could give out more light and instead of a red flare

3 people like this

Posted

+1 to the lanterns giving more light.

It is fine that the nights are dark, but the area lightened up by the lantern should be a lot wider in my opinion. We should be able to see what's in a couple of meters around us, not just if that's an actual ground that we are standing at.

The darkness at the moment is kind not fair for the Melee classes (I am not playing one, so it's not that I want an improvement for myself), as they just can't see where are they getting hit from if the attacker is a ranged class.

Posted

Night time is not a bit too dark it is far too dark.
There should definitely be an option for players who want to have it brighter.

Posted (edited)

+1 to more light from lanterns.

I like that nighttime is dark.  Maybe it could be that a cloudless, starry night could be somewhat visible, but cloudy (or stormy--that was FUN) makes it extra dark.  But I definitely feel like the lanterns didn't have enough of an effect.  As is, I can see myself fine, and whatever I'm in melee with pretty well, and anything else is basically gone.

Edit & suggestion: By sheer coincidence I was making a second character when the stormy night was tested, so I was effectively blind during the intro until I was allowed into my mailbox.  Could maybe put something for lighting where you begin?  (This was on a ranger, in case other classes have a more well-lit start)

Edited by DazzAntoni
1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0