• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Young Mage - Petition for a change.

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello!

My name is Krystian and I find it incredibly annoying that one does not simply mage a mage look younger than 55. I've made a petition where everyone who agrees with me that age-locks shouldn't be a think can sign up. Once we hit a sufficient amount of people supporting my cause I will send the petition to developer team asking to delete age-locks.

I've seen many topics on forum regarding the Young Mages, but none actually offered a possibility for everyone who is annoyed by age-locks to show their support. My petition makes it possible. Here's the link:

https://www.change.org/p/krystian-miler-black-desert-online-no-age-locks?recruiter=449950966&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I hope that together we can banish the awful idea of age-locks.

Kind regards,

Chris.

1 person likes this

Posted

u can make him younger looking, play with the character creator more. I made one that looked more 30 than Gandolf

1 person likes this

Posted

u can make him younger looking, play with the character creator more. I made one that looked more 30 than Gandolf

Not from what I've seen. The youngest one I've seen looks 50odd unless you use tattoos that most people wouldn't be comfortable playing with . Can you post a picture of yours?

Posted

Not from what I've seen. The youngest one I've seen looks 50odd unless you use tattoos that most people wouldn't be comfortable playing with . Can you post a picture of yours?

I went ahead and gave it a try, so here's my attempt. I do not feel I succeeded

Test Wizard.png

1 person likes this

Posted

+ 1 This is a serious issue. 

1 person likes this

Posted

As I already posted on Far's post. These are my thoughts.

I feel that this petition does not deal with the true issue at hand. Sure, no one wants to play an old wizard I get that. But this feels really minimal considering it would really not be THAT much to ask to have more male classes in general. If there is a male wizard and we are arguing to make him playable as a young wizard then that would involve changing the lore. If they are going to go that far then why wouldn't there be a male sorcerer? On that note where in the lore does it explain why there is no male archers or tamers? I wont sign this poll simply because this is just some dude who wants to play the OP farming class that is Wizard but doesn't want to play an old man. Not very constructive in my opinion and hardly affects the player base as a whole. Wizard is just one of seven classes. As I have said previously I could care less about having to play a female character. But there are many who will care a lot. I mean look how many of you are up in arms about having to have grey hair and a beard. Do you really think that you are the only ones who want class changes made to accommodate the gender/appearance they want to play? So don't you think your petition might be somewhat self serving? Lets assume that the population chooses their classes and in the end the server is perfectly balanced in terms of players/class. That would mean that your poll only represents 1/7 of the player base. 1/8 if you are counting witch as a class. Now lets assume that 2/3 of people don't give a shit about the old bearded dude cause they are perfectly okay with raining hell upon their enemies as a cute little witch. At that point your petition is representing an insignificant little speck of the potential player base. Less gender locked classes in general would do Daum games a lot of good at launch and in the long run. And of course wizards should have customizable age. Together those are the real issues that people will flock to your petition for. I don't see you getting a ton of support for your beard woes.

People should be able to create the character that they want to play with minimal limitations. Valkyrie is kind of a cut and dry case obviously. I don't imagine many guys would be lining up to play male Valkyrie simply because of the class name but lets face it even the class name could be changed to make room for a male counterpart. By putting sex and age restrictions on classes and pitching to a North American audience there is going to be back lash. And there is going to be a large portion of people who simply wont buy or play the game due to a lack of relating to their character and destroying any chance of immersion. Anyways these are my thoughts on the matter. I personally will not be upset if things aren't changed. But I would like to see this game succeed and I would like to see server population flourish rather than dwindle. I am a huge fan of action combat and it is rarely implemented well into games. But with the way things are there is a strong possibility that many people will lose interest and jump on the next hype train that comes along. Servers will die and I will be back to some tab targeting piece of crap.

1 person likes this

Posted

At least he thought to create a petition, you did nothing

Creating a thread is something...

Posted

Creating a thread is something...

You might be right but creating a petition is more then he did

1 person likes this

Posted

No need to argue guys. And I didn't high-jacked anyone's idea, people have been talking about young mages for long while now, even before the EU/NA beta. I made a petition because it's pointless to have 10 different people create 10 different thread and get 5 different followers each if you can make a single petition where all 50 can work together. Now we just need more people in the petition, the current number is not sufficient.

Posted

As I already posted on Far's post. These are my thoughts.

I feel that this petition does not deal with the true issue at hand. Sure, no one wants to play an old wizard I get that. But this feels really minimal considering it would really not be THAT much to ask to have more male classes in general. If there is a male wizard and we are arguing to make him playable as a young wizard then that would involve changing the lore. If they are going to go that far then why wouldn't there be a male sorcerer? On that note where in the lore does it explain why there is no male archers or tamers? I wont sign this poll simply because this is just some dude who wants to play the OP farming class that is Wizard but doesn't want to play an old man. Not very constructive in my opinion and hardly affects the player base as a whole. Wizard is just one of seven classes. As I have said previously I could care less about having to play a female character. But there are many who will care a lot. I mean look how many of you are up in arms about having to have grey hair and a beard. Do you really think that you are the only ones who want class changes made to accommodate the gender/appearance they want to play? So don't you think your petition might be somewhat self serving? Lets assume that the population chooses their classes and in the end the server is perfectly balanced in terms of players/class. That would mean that your poll only represents 1/7 of the player base. 1/8 if you are counting witch as a class. Now lets assume that 2/3 of people don't give a shit about the old bearded dude cause they are perfectly okay with raining hell upon their enemies as a cute little witch. At that point your petition is representing an insignificant little speck of the potential player base. Less gender locked classes in general would do Daum games a lot of good at launch and in the long run. And of course wizards should have customizable age. Together those are the real issues that people will flock to your petition for. I don't see you getting a ton of support for your beard woes.

People should be able to create the character that they want to play with minimal limitations. Valkyrie is kind of a cut and dry case obviously. I don't imagine many guys would be lining up to play male Valkyrie simply because of the class name but lets face it even the class name could be changed to make room for a male counterpart. By putting sex and age restrictions on classes and pitching to a North American audience there is going to be back lash. And there is going to be a large portion of people who simply wont buy or play the game due to a lack of relating to their character and destroying any chance of immersion. Anyways these are my thoughts on the matter. I personally will not be upset if things aren't changed. But I would like to see this game succeed and I would like to see server population flourish rather than dwindle. I am a huge fan of action combat and it is rarely implemented well into games. But with the way things are there is a strong possibility that many people will lose interest and jump on the next hype train that comes along. Servers will die and I will be back to some tab targeting piece of crap.

I'll answer in points to make it easier for everyone:

1) Every class will have both male and female representatives at one point so however many females there will be, equal amount of males will exist.

2) The lore should be changed because it doesn't make sense the way it is, I'll copy what I posted on a different sub-forum  "If the Wizard I'm playing spent his entire life learning magic then why does he only know one spell at first? It doesn't make logical sense, it's me who's progressing that mage and it's me who decides what magic he will learn and what he will master. At the point of creating a character he is nothing but a beginning Wizard with very little knowledge of magic"

3) Do I think my petition is self-serving? Of course, if I would have no benefits from the petition I would not make it in the first place. I did however say that any suggestions are welcome :)

4) "That would mean that your poll only represents 1/7 of the player base" Not really, you don't necessarily have to play mage to agree that he shouldn't have a gender lock. Like me for example, I don't play tamer and yet I'd really want to see a possibility of making a male tamer asap.

5) "Now lets assume that 2/3 of people don't give a shit about the old bearded dude" If 2/3 people don't agree I still have a 1/3 behind my back. Even if I'll only have 1/10 or even 1/100 that's still a lot of people fighting for the same cause. I don't think any developer can just ignore a high amount of people asking for something and not expect a shitstorm. There's little people now but that number will grow.

6) "People should be able to create the character that they want to play with minimal limitations" 10/10 couldn't agree more.

7) "And there is going to be a large portion of people who simply wont buy or play the game due to a lack of relating to their character and destroying any chance of immersion." And that is a point that can be used when asking for limiting the age-locks. I will either edit or make a different petition asking for more in future but we can't have everything at once, we need to work stage by stage and eliminating the age-lock is not too much to ask for so it's a good thing to start with.

Black Desert Online seems like a great game so far but a lot more has to be eliminated than just the grind mechanics to suit EU & NA players.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello!

My name is Krystian and I find it incredibly annoying that one does not simply mage a mage look younger than 55. I've made a petition where everyone who agrees with me that age-locks shouldn't be a think can sign up. Once we hit a sufficient amount of people supporting my cause I will send the petition to developer team asking to delete age-locks.

I've seen many topics on forum regarding the Young Mages, but none actually offered a possibility for everyone who is annoyed by age-locks to show their support. My petition makes it possible. Here's the link:

https://www.change.org/p/krystian-miler-black-desert-online-no-age-locks?recruiter=449950966&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

I hope that together we can banish the awful idea of age-locks.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Do you really think a petition is necessary?.......

Posted

How should i know ? I Don't like mage anyway.

Do you think giving 1% from your taxes is enough for charity ? Would it be better for them if you would add more ?

Posted

Don't you think that if developers would listen to singular units who were basically bitching about old mages would be enough I wouldn't make the petition? I don't want to seem rude but I've already explained that the easiest way to fight for a change is to do is as a group, not units.

Posted

How should i know ? I Don't like mage anyway.

Do you think giving 1% from your taxes is enough for charity ? Would it be better for them if you would add more ?

Lol.

Don't you think that if developers would listen to singular units who were basically bitching about old mages would be enough I wouldn't make the petition? I don't want to seem rude but I've already explained that the easiest way to fight for a change is to do is as a group, not units.

Daum has already proven to listen to feedback. Creating a petition isn't helping your cause.. as a developer, if I saw a thread devoted to a petition without listing any real information on the post, I would probably completely disregard it. Instead, write a detailed post explaining exactly what it is you want keeping it constructive rather than bitchy.

Posted

play the witch. 

Posted

Lol.

Daum has already proven to listen to feedback. Creating a petition isn't helping your cause.. as a developer, if I saw a thread devoted to a petition without listing any real information on the post, I would probably completely disregard it. Instead, write a detailed post explaining exactly what it is you want keeping it constructive rather than bitchy.

Really? Like, really?

" I find it incredibly annoying that one does not simply mage a mage look younger than 55. I've made a petition where everyone who agrees with me that age-locks shouldn't be a thing can sign up."

My first sentence is literally the reason. There isn't much more to it. The lore doesn't make sense Wizard-wise and there shouldn't be an age lock. Daum has already proven to listen to feedback. Yeah, to feedback given by massive amounts of people, not a random Bob from London who just came back from pub and wanted to play a young wizard but can't (no offense  to any Bobs out there, just an example :P). Hence the petition. Many who agree can sign up, I'll send a nice mail to Daum with a proof that more people agree instead of forcing them to go through entire forums and read every single thing to see if it's truth that more people want it.

play the witch. 

If I'd feel like playing a witch I wouldn't ask for a possibility to make a younger Wizard. I have no interest in playing a female character.

Posted (edited)

Lol.

Petition will do the same as post, except that petition might get to where it should go in order to change what you want to change faster.

If i would be a bd developer i wouldn't bother if it's a petition or post. Whatever would reach me faster would be read and changed or remain the way it is.

Edited by Dev

Posted

play the witch. 

As far as i know witch is female. Can i play male witch ? I'm not sure if your knowledge/intelligence can answer that question my friend :) 

Posted

Really? Like, really?

" I find it incredibly annoying that one does not simply mage a mage look younger than 55. I've made a petition where everyone who agrees with me that age-locks shouldn't be a thing can sign up."

My first sentence is literally the reason. There isn't much more to it. The lore doesn't make sense Wizard-wise and there shouldn't be an age lock. Daum has already proven to listen to feedback. Yeah, to feedback given by massive amounts of people, not a random Bob from London who just came back from pub and wanted to play a young wizard but can't (no offense  to any Bobs out there, just an example :P). Hence the petition. Many who agree can sign up, I'll send a nice mail to Daum with a proof that more people agree instead of forcing them to go through entire forums and read every single thing to see if it's truth that more people want it.

If I'd feel like playing a witch I wouldn't ask for a possibility to make a younger Wizard. I have no interest in playing a female character.

Yes really. A petition offers nothing constructive: "I find it incredibly annoying...." just sounds like whining. If you want people to listen to you and take you seriously you should provide more reasoning than what you find annoying. You don't like being old? Don't play the class then. That is how I would respond to you.

Instead, you could point out that you feel that all classes should be able to be portrayed as young or old. You could make suggestions such as allowing the wrinkle slider to remove all wrinkles from the wizards skin. But no, instead of that you make a completely pointless thread self-advertising a petition that is going nowhere.

Petition will do the same as post, except that petition might get to where it should go in order to change what you want to change faster.

If i would be a bd developer i wouldn't bother if it's a petition or post. Whatever reach me faster will be read and changed or remain the way it is.

See my above response.

Posted

Yes really. A petition offers nothing constructive: "I find it incredibly annoying...." just sounds like whining. If you want people to listen to you and take you seriously you should provide more reasoning than what you find annoying. You don't like being old? Don't play the class then. That is how I would respond to you.

Instead, you could point out that you feel that all classes should be able to be portrayed as young or old. You could make suggestions such as allowing the wrinkle slider to remove all wrinkles from the wizards skin. But no, instead of that you make a completely pointless thread self-advertising a petition that is going nowhere.

See my above response.

I quoted that response :) 

Posted

I quoted that response :) 

Sigh... the response to Milladyn's post directly above your quoted post. Not my previous post.

Posted

Sigh... the response to Milladyn's post directly above your quoted post. Not my previous post.

Damn you got me...

I was looking at the previous post :P 

Posted

As far as i know witch is female. Can i play male witch ? I'm not sure if your knowledge/intelligence can answer that question my friend :) 

make the witch look like a guy. be creative with the character design, Sure it'll take time but you get to know more about your dress-up simulator.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0