• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Young Mage - Petition for a change.

39 posts in this topic

Posted

"A petition offers nothing constructive: "I find it incredibly annoying...." just sounds like whining" But that's because I am whining. I don't like the fact that Wizard has an age-lock. Loads of people don't like that. So instead of pointlessly bitching on the global chat I made a petition where everyone can agree.

"provide more reasoning than what you find annoying" age-lock is annoying. BDO gives you an amazing character creation and then locks the bloody age. Like what is the point?

"Instead, you could point out that you feel that all classes should be able to be portrayed as young or old." They should. I don't like age-lock on Wizard because no other classes have that.

"instead of that you make a completely pointless thread self-advertising a petition that is going nowhere" The fuck? Do you think I will send a mail to Daum and be like "Yo mate, delete age-lock. 100 people agree with me. Peace". Obviously I will explain it thoroughly to them but there is no point in doing it here. It's a petition for people who don't like age-lock. I don't need to be all professional. If someone agrees with me they are encouraged to sign the petition, if someone doesn't they're free to leave or present me with their points I will not listen to.

Posted

make the witch look like a guy. be creative with the character design, Sure it'll take time but you get to know more about your dress-up simulator.

O.o

You just came with the weirdest idea ever mate :D I think I'll pass and hope for the deletion of age-locks.

Posted

..but there is no point in doing it here [..] I don't need to be all professional.

And we're done talking. Good luck.

Posted

To be honest even in the previous thread I was responding to at work I feel you didn't even give a try with the character customization, when I got home and messed around with the Wizard for a good 30 minutes I ended up with this.

Default Old Fart

2015-12-16_-2132675945.thumb.JPG.51ab669

vs. my Godot looking wizard,

2015-12-16_-2132724789.thumb.JPG.decd8f1

CERTAINLY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE SOMEONE OVER 55 because if it does to you then you might as well have a said a person in their mid 30s or 40s looks like an old man. And also because I used reference. 

If I saw Wizards looking like Haegi/Sylas from Vindictus or harry potter from hogwarts I'd absolutely abhor this game into the trash not only because they're breaking away from some FORM of medieval gritty realism with fantasy mixed in the game but also moving away from their original vision to begin with.

The fact that Wizard and Witch are identical classes and this petition is just to remove age-lock from Wizard I'm surprised that removing agelock from Witch also isn't included because I'd love to make an old hag that looks like a decayed being from Left4Dead and go jumping people at night. However it is completely disregarded and is only tunnel visioned into 1 aspect of 1 particular class of a very meaningless gesture of "incredibly annoying". To also revamp the lore and NPC text just to accommodate story origin from each class for instance like say making a Male Sorc is also completely ridiculous as opposed to releasing new areas in the game. If you're going to remove age-lock lets just remove gender-lock and then all the other locks as well make it a Second Life MMORPG++ because that's seriously what all these threads are starting to look like. ¬¬

And to add to those who are also saying "incredibly annoying" without reasoning is true, I could push that to the extreme and say I find the game entirely annoying change it. How does that help the developers?
And yes the other classes have age-lock, I can't make my ranger look like an old woman or a berserker to look younger than the warrior in general aesthetic nor can I make the Sorceress look any younger than the Tamer.

1 person likes this

Posted

make the witch look like a guy. be creative with the character design, Sure it'll take time but you get to know more about your dress-up simulator.

Even if i will make a witch that will look like a man it will still be a woman. Why would he spend time creating something that in-game is gonna be called as she by npc ?

Posted

To be honest even in the previous thread I was responding to at work I feel you didn't even give a try with the character customization, when I got home and messed around with the Wizard for a good 30 minutes I ended up with this.

Default Old Fart

Hidden Content

vs. my Godot looking wizard,

Hidden Content

CERTAINLY DOES NOT LOOK LIKE SOMEONE OVER 55 because if it does to you then you might as well have a said a person in their mid 30s or 40s looks like an old man. And also because I used reference. 

If I saw Wizards looking like Haegi/Sylas from Vindictus or harry potter from hogwarts I'd absolutely abhor this game into the trash not only because they're breaking away from some FORM of medieval gritty realism with fantasy mixed in the game but also moving away from their original vision to begin with.

The fact that Wizard and Witch are identical classes and this petition is just to remove age-lock from Wizard I'm surprised that removing agelock from Witch also isn't included because I'd love to make an old hag that looks like a decayed being from Left4Dead and go jumping people at night. However it is completely disregarded and is only tunnel visioned into 1 aspect of 1 particular class of a very meaningless gesture of "incredibly annoying". To also revamp the lore and NPC text just to accommodate story origin from each class for instance like say making a Male Sorc is also completely ridiculous as opposed to releasing new areas in the game. If you're going to remove age-lock lets just remove gender-lock and then all the other locks as well make it a Second Life MMORPG++ because that's seriously what all these threads are starting to look like. ¬¬

And to add to those who are also saying "incredibly annoying" without reasoning is true, I could push that to the extreme and say I find the game entirely annoying change it. How does that help the developers?
And yes the other classes have age-lock, I can't make my ranger look like an old woman or a berserker to look younger than the warrior in general aesthetic nor can I make the Sorceress look any younger than the Tamer.

True, you've made an amazing looking mage, I'm not even gonna lie, but you've shown him from profile(ish) instead of front which a) makes him look younger b) Still looks like in his early 40s. He's looking amazing compared to my mage but that's still not what I am looking for. I want to be able to play a young mage. Like mid twenties.

I've mainly focused on Wizard because I haven't played anyone else. However, if the age-lock is annoying on every race and gender like you've described it's a point worth of adding to the petition and I will definitely do that.

You've mentioned revamping the lore. If you've read the lore for Wizards you probably know it needs revamping. The lore as it is doesn't make sense. If the Wizard I'm playing spent his whole life mastering the art of magic then he has to be really dumb if he only knows one spell.It's me as a player who progresses with the Wizard and makes him stronger. It's me who chooses what spells the Wizard will know and what spells he will master. If the lore says Wizards need to spend their entire life learning magic then the lore should either be changed or developers should make our character look older with every new spell we learn.

"If you're going to remove age-lock lets just remove gender-lock and then all the other locks as well make it a Second Life MMORPG++ because that's seriously what all these threads are starting to look like" I've previously mentioned that once age-locks will be removed I'll try to create a petition to remove gender locks as well instead of trying to do both things at once to increase the chances of success.

I've mentioned above that I will thoroughly describe the issue to developers and sound professional but right now players do understand my point. I don't want to be forced to play on old Wizard. ~IMO~ that has a huge impact because most people play young characters anyway so there's far less wanting to play old than there are wanting to play young, hence why I focused on a Wizard for now.

Also, if you'd say that you find the entire game annoying the developers would most likely just tell you to play a different game. If you want to change a single aspect however and have people backing you up change is possible.

Posted

More proof it isn't in the lore and that people just made that up: Al Rundi Wizard, clearly not an ancient old man.  Has a younger voice too.

923ee3f788a4b850f4c2944a64095173.thumb.p

Posted (edited)

True, you've made an amazing looking mage, I'm not even gonna lie, but you've shown him from profile(ish) instead of front which a) makes him look younger b) Still looks like in his early 40s. He's looking amazing compared to my mage but that's still not what I am looking for. I want to be able to play a young mage. Like mid twenties.

A 3/4shot is always one that depicts all details compared to a frontal & a side. Any character artist will confirm with that.

I've mainly focused on Wizard because I haven't played anyone else. However, if the age-lock is annoying on every race and gender like you've described it's a point worth of adding to the petition and I will definitely do that.

If you're completely okay with watering down every class to have no unique traits then so be it, just be forewarned that you shouldn't be complaining when everyone's looking the same and no actual unique identifier to what class they are. Plenty of Action MMORPG games with age-lock and gender lock, (Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Continent of the 9th Seal to name a FEW.) (I also firmly point you to PvP wars in Black Desert I'd be running away from sorcs/ranger most of the time if I can tell from a distance).

You've mentioned revamping the lore. If you've read the lore for Wizards you probably know it needs revamping. The lore as it is doesn't make sense. If the Wizard I'm playing spent his whole life mastering the art of magic then he has to be really dumb if he only knows one spell.It's me as a player who progresses with the Wizard and makes him stronger. It's me who chooses what spells the Wizard will know and what spells he will master. If the lore says Wizards need to spend their entire life learning magic then the lore should either be changed or developers should make our character look older with every new spell we learn.

I can easily refute this with multiple examples of other famous games like Final Fantasy at how Tellah doesn't know the meteor spell and was acclaimed to be the most powerful tech available yet several other characters learn of it later on like it's nothing. Games that have sequels don't seem to have their abilities carry over either like Yuna doesn't have all her summons or Holy spells as a summoner in FFX-2. Or Lightning from any of the previous FF13's. Etc.
Just because he spent his life studying and mastering them doesn't mean he's ever put them to practice. If his life span was 65 years and you're playing his 65th age for 2 hours obviously you don't know shit about his character either. Just saying! Until you reach level 50(which I've heard from multiple sources doesn't take that long) that is completely up for debate on a very flimsy piece of glass. By reversal argument with a young wizard in his twenties he shouldn't know anything at all except Dan(from street fighter)-like spells correct?

I've mentioned above that I will thoroughly describe the issue to developers and sound professional but right now players do understand my point. I don't want to be forced to play on old Wizard. ~IMO~ that has a huge impact because most people play young characters anyway so there's far less wanting to play old than there are wanting to play young, hence why I focused on a Wizard for now.

Good luck(Being honest, not sarcastic). If that happens I'm leaving, Pretty sure I won't be missed and my money won't be missing BD either.

Also, if you'd say that you find the entire game annoying the developers would most likely just tell you to play a different game. If you want to change a single aspect however and have people backing you up change is possible.

You can say this about any game, that point still stands. If everyone finds the game annoying then maybe they should change everything too yes? Or you going to say Developers should just continue to shun their ENTIRE playerbase. Yours was singular, I merely changed the opinion to an all.

I can reword that to "If you want to change all the aspects however and have people back you up change is possible" <- That doesn't sound any different from what you said.

Edited by KyrandisX

Posted

More proof it isn't in the lore and that people just made that up: Al Rundi Wizard, clearly not an ancient old man.  Has a younger voice too.

923ee3f788a4b850f4c2944a64095173.thumb.p

Also a dead wizard and with very few spells.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have no issue with the concept of adding younger wizards to the game, however at the same token I have a feeling the same resources that would work on this would be the ones responsible for bringing us the classes in other versions that we are missing, and I would say that my preference would be that.

Young Wizards: Sure.

Young Wizards if it means delaying Blader/Kunoichi/Ninja/etc - No.

Posted

Honestly, they should keep Wizard old and just make new male/female mage classes eventually and not have those males be old.  Necromancer, Druid, Enchanter, whatever.

There's really no sense in making a second wizard copy class with the same animations/clothes for the sake of giving him a different face/body and keeping everything else the same.  That's a lot of time/resources for very little/specific gain, it brings nothing new to the table.  I'd prefer they just work on making new magic-focused classes and not rolling out Grandpas on those.

Posted

At least he thought to create a petition, you didn't.

the petition is not going to solve anything

Posted

the petition is not going to solve anything

Neither will this post :) 

Posted

As I already posted on Far's post. These are my thoughts.

I feel that this petition does not deal with the true issue at hand. Sure, no one wants to play an old wizard I get that. But this feels really minimal considering it would really not be THAT much to ask to have more male classes in general. If there is a male wizard and we are arguing to make him playable as a young wizard then that would involve changing the lore. If they are going to go that far then why wouldn't there be a male sorcerer? On that note where in the lore does it explain why there is no male archers or tamers? I wont sign this poll simply because this is just some dude who wants to play the OP farming class that is Wizard but doesn't want to play an old man. Not very constructive in my opinion and hardly affects the player base as a whole. Wizard is just one of seven classes. As I have said previously I could care less about having to play a female character. But there are many who will care a lot. I mean look how many of you are up in arms about having to have grey hair and a beard. Do you really think that you are the only ones who want class changes made to accommodate the gender/appearance they want to play? So don't you think your petition might be somewhat self serving? Lets assume that the population chooses their classes and in the end the server is perfectly balanced in terms of players/class. That would mean that your poll only represents 1/7 of the player base. 1/8 if you are counting witch as a class. Now lets assume that 2/3 of people don't give a shit about the old bearded dude cause they are perfectly okay with raining hell upon their enemies as a cute little witch. At that point your petition is representing an insignificant little speck of the potential player base. Less gender locked classes in general would do Daum games a lot of good at launch and in the long run. And of course wizards should have customizable age. Together those are the real issues that people will flock to your petition for. I don't see you getting a ton of support for your beard woes.

People should be able to create the character that they want to play with minimal limitations. Valkyrie is kind of a cut and dry case obviously. I don't imagine many guys would be lining up to play male Valkyrie simply because of the class name but lets face it even the class name could be changed to make room for a male counterpart. By putting sex and age restrictions on classes and pitching to a North American audience there is going to be back lash. And there is going to be a large portion of people who simply wont buy or play the game due to a lack of relating to their character and destroying any chance of immersion. Anyways these are my thoughts on the matter. I personally will not be upset if things aren't changed. But I would like to see this game succeed and I would like to see server population flourish rather than dwindle. I am a huge fan of action combat and it is rarely implemented well into games. But with the way things are there is a strong possibility that many people will lose interest and jump on the next hype train that comes along. Servers will die and I will be back to some tab targeting piece of crap.

there will be more male classes just be patient

wizards are supposed to be old

witches are also old but use their magic to 'look' young (or just feed off the life energies of younger women)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0