• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Problems with knowledge

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey,

I am a fan of searching every bit of the map for stuff to discover. And I basically like this knowledge system. But there is a big problem: You simply don't get some knowledge. And it is annoying the shit out of me. This is some kind of rage and some kind of bug report and some kind of "what da heck am I doing wrong?!" thread.

Bleeker Fish: I was sitting there for hours trying to catch this fish, but no way there is one in this whole river. Did you ever catch one?

Extraction Mill: This should be gained just by getting there, but nope, I did not get it. I totally don't know, what I have to do to gain that knowledge.

Swamp Naga Commander: This one is the most annoying one. There are only 2 on the map with around 300 "distance" to each other. You can run from to the other and just see them spawning. So I ran and ran and ran. Killed a shit ton of em and just killed them for hours, but nope. No way I'm getting the knowledge.

Harpy Abductor: The moment I was writing Abductor, I finally got the knowledge...

Seriously, there should be some kind of progress thing somewhere. Or did I miss something? How am I supposed to get these things other then blindly running around to find the trigger. I am a perfectionist and this is killing me -.-"

BTW: I love this game, these are just small things and maybe not important for others, but when I see a game like this, where so many small things are done perfectly, than I got the feeling to qq about stuff like this.

Greetings.

Posted

I believe you have to purchase knowledge of the extraction mill from some npc for energy you dont get it by going there... but i forget which npc sorry.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't find where to find the knowledge for Extraction Mill either...

Posted (edited)

Can't find where to find the knowledge for Extraction Mill either...

This is where you can find the knowledge for the Extraction Mill. Talk to the guy who I indicated with a red arrow (see picture) and accept the quest named "Extraction Mill". Once accepted, you'll instantly gain knowledge on the Mill, and you complete the quest simultaneously. The quest costs 5 energy which shouldn't really be a problem.

Edit: The NPC's name is Di Lanoa

Naamloos.png

Edited by Minkey
4 people like this

Posted

Did you ever find the Bleeker? I am having a hell of a time finding him, I've put in a combined time of probably 10 hours.

Posted

got a problem with exactly the same ones, and yea its bugging the crap out of me too hehe

Posted

Did you ever find the Bleeker? I am having a hell of a time finding him, I've put in a combined time of probably 10 hours.

Bleeker is a fish type.  Look at the oceans, see the little fish symbol under the '?' marks?  Now look next to Barossa, you can faintly see the same mark in the grass.  Get fishin'

Posted (edited)

Any tips on why My "People of Calpheon" wont show as completed even though I have every listed NPC found and all energy awarded. (only thing bugging me is the "?" in the area near the banker and Rubin.)

Edited by vilco
for some reason it double posted what i wrote once in comment

Posted

Thanks Minkey! :D 

Really helped, thought I would get this knowledge by using the extraction mill tool minigame. But after like 15 times I stopped. 

Posted

oy did you guys ever figure out the swamp naga commander? i've killed hundreds of these shits now without gaining the knowledge on them.

Posted (edited)

Swamp Naga Commander is obtainable. Sure there are only two and getting the grade is random with a low %, but it is possible. Just have to keep at it. (i have all naga grades)

The same for fish, low % when you catch one, just have to find the right place to catch them and some fish are just rare of you need better fishing skill to get it.

RNG will hit people in different places, but if you want the knowledge just keep at it.

As for other knowledge, you can get it from all sorts of methods - going to location, talking to random npc, amity game to unlock it, and so on.

I like that it is tough, it is something to work toward and energy cap is important.

Edited by oakfloorboard

Posted

You also get knowledge from bookshelves, random no-name NPCs (random as in generic villager/soldier without any icons above their heads, wouldn't even know but I'm spamming R too much) and other various world objects. 

I think there's an area with 3 Nagas and 4th in the little swamp island near the node manager west of the town. Prolly some more lukring around. Still, took me 1h+ to do em. 

Posted

Any idea on how to use "H" the knowledge? For example when I look up "Fruit Pudding" is says interest level 2, favor 41~56

Posted (edited)

Thanks a lot for the Extraction Mill knowledge!

Edited by Michel889

Posted

Swamp Naga Commander is obtainable. Sure there are only two and getting the grade is random with a low %, but it is possible. Just have to keep at it. (i have all naga grades)

The same for fish, low % when you catch one, just have to find the right place to catch them and some fish are just rare of you need better fishing skill to get it.

RNG will hit people in different places, but if you want the knowledge just keep at it.

As for other knowledge, you can get it from all sorts of methods - going to location, talking to random npc, amity game to unlock it, and so on.

I like that it is tough, it is something to work toward and energy cap is important.

Thx. I have the same problems. :)

Posted

Any idea on how to use "H" the knowledge? For example when I look up "Fruit Pudding" is says interest level 2, favor 41~56

means this is the valor of this "card" when you play amity game with some npc that have fruit pudding in his list of knowledge for playing amity game

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/

Use the internet maybe? BDPDB has the info on how to get all knowledge's. I have all topography/ecology/ocean/characters completed. >_>

Just keep grinding and reference the DB for any missing knowledge. You may need to dig a bit for some info though.

Posted (edited)

This is where you can find the knowledge for the Extraction Mill. Talk to the guy who I indicated with a red arrow (see picture) and accept the quest named "Extraction Mill". Once accepted, you'll instantly gain knowledge on the Mill, and you complete the quest simultaneously. The quest costs 5 energy which shouldn't really be a problem.

Edit: The NPC's name is Di Lanoa

Naamloos.png

I need the Northern Fogan Marsh knowledge. Does it link with this?

Edited by Blessing