• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Server Maintenance

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Would it not make sense to take down the EU servers on EU AM Time stead of US AM time? for 2 days in 1 week servers are being brought down at stupid times (Just when people are coming online) to do 5 hours of maintenance (from 9 am to 2PM). Surely it would make way more sense to take the servers down at say 2am to 7 am as there would be way less people playing.

18 people like this

Posted

Voted up.  Not fun having two days this week where I am unable to play.  My working shift starts at 14:00, and I happen to be ready to play some come 09:00.  I take it I'd have to put up with this every time instead of just some of the time - if maintenance was scheduled more for the user's benefit as opposed to your own.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm agree, we have to throw away half a day of playtime because of the server down for maintenance, why?

Date: Friday, 11.03.2016

Duration: 5h

Server Down:

Server Up:

Global

09:00 UTC

14:00 UTC

West Coast (NA)

01:00 PST

06:00 PST

East Coast (NA)

04:00 EST

09:00 EST

Central (EU)

10:00 CET

15:00 CET

And like I copy/past, Central EU servers maintenance is 10h-15h. It's the middle of the day.

(For me I was on the middle of my character creation... my first character... after 45 min of customization I was thinking about the name and... "connection lost" T_T )

4 people like this

Posted

well to implement a few fixes seems like a long time to take it down for 5hrs

maybe they have to test their fixes before they can let it back up

but typically the servers have come up before the 5hrs, they just don't announce that the servers are back up

Posted

It's not the 5 hours of maintenance we disagree, it's when the maintenance begins, it's not in favor of the community.

2 people like this

Posted

Out of curiosity, What time do you suggest?

Posted

Yeah i dont care how long the maintenance is for, every game needs it. Its just the time it starts at that i have a big problem with.

Posted

Out of curiosity, What time do you suggest?

It's in the first message...

Would it not make sense to take down the EU servers on EU AM Time stead of US AM time? for 2 days in 1 week servers are being brought down at stupid times (Just when people are coming online) to do 5 hours of maintenance (from 9 am to 2PM). Surely it would make way more sense to take the servers down at say 2am to 7 am as there would be way less people playing.

Posted

Signed. And i'm not even in EU.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not the 5 hours of maintenance we disagree, it's when the maintenance begins, it's not in favor of the community.

I think what he meant is that if they have to test the fixes they have to do it during office time (9-17).
But they should have tested it the day before on a Test Server, so still no excuse for this long down time.

Posted

I think what he meant is that if they have to test the fixes they have to do it during office time (9-17).But they should have tested it the day before on a Test Server, so still no excuse for this long down time.

No you are reading it completely wrong. They could do 7 hours of maintenance if it is needed to apply a patch its just the time that they choose to do it at that is the issue.

5 hours of maintenance at 1am to 6am would be perfect because there would be very few people playing seen as tho most people will be sleeping.

5 Hours of maintenance at 9am to 2pm is horrible because most people are getting up around that time and want to play for a few hours before work/college/school/general tasks

Most of the other games do maintenance on 1 set day (wednesday) and only send out bug fixes for major bugs. Patching the game to sort out gold sellers is just dumb, but that is another topic.

Posted

No you are reading it completely wrong. They could do 7 hours of maintenance if it is needed to apply a patch its just the time that they choose to do it at that is the issue.

5 hours of maintenance at 1am to 6am would be perfect because there would be very few people playing seen as tho most people will be sleeping.

5 Hours of maintenance at 9am to 2pm is horrible because most people are getting up around that time and want to play for a few hours before work/college/school/general tasks

Most of the other games do maintenance on 1 set day (wednesday) and only send out bug fixes for major bugs. Patching the game to sort out gold sellers is just dumb, but that is another topic.

I think you missed the part where I mentioned that if they have to test the patch they would do it during office times (9 to 17).
Daum is a EU company so office time for them would be 9-17 UTC.
At 1 AM they are tucked into bed............not at the office.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you missed the part where I mentioned that if they have to test the patch they would do it during office times (9 to 17).Daum is a EU company so office time for them would be 9-17 UTC.

As massive a company that Daum is and the sheer amount of money this game gives them i think we can expect just like any other game company (ANY other MMO) that they trade in their  'friday normal work day' for a 'maintenance day' that starts at midnight all the way til 9 AM and get the rest of the day off.

They patch the game at 01:00 for NA right? Even if they were a EU company that would mean they start patching at 19:00 and are done at 24:00 midnight. That's certainly not within your 9-17 ratio. Why are we -----ed when the NA isn't?

It's not an excuse so stop making them for them.

Posted

You want them to work 1am to 6am after working a full normal work day for maintenance on a video game? Get real!

Posted

+1

09:00-14:00 is inconvenient for players. And being a Friday is extra annoying for me as it's my day off, so I can't play in the morning.

Why did it change from Wednesday?

Dear Players,

We will perform our weekly maintenance as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 09.03.2016

Duration: 5h

Server Down:

Server Up:

Global

09:00 UTC

14:00 UTC

West Coast (NA)

East Coast (NA)

Central (EU)

10:00 CET

15:00 CET

Posted

I think what he meant is that if they have to test the fixes they have to do it during office time (9-17).But they should have tested it the day before on a Test Server, so still no excuse for this long down time.

Hm... Who does the test? EU offices or NA offices? Because NA server maintenance is :

West Coast (NA)

East Coast (NA)

Do you really think they test it during the maintenance? 1h-6h is not a time for work at a office. No, they just patch our servers at the same time than their. It just (sorry for telling that) lazy work, they just have to delay the time. 

Right now, It's 5h in East Coast, great time for maintenances, not in EU.

+1

09:00-14:00 is inconvenient for players. And being a Friday is extra annoying for me as it's my day off, so I can't play in the morning.

Why did it change from Wednesday?

You're missing the right hours, for us in central EU it's 10h-15h, their launcher show 9h-14h but it've started at 10h for some of us (I'm French so yes it's at 10h)

Posted

the one deciding on this maintenance hours must vote trump ... just stupid   Europe wakes up to see a maintenance start ....

1 person likes this

Posted

As massive a company that Daum is and the sheer amount of money this game gives them i think we can expect just like any other game company (ANY other MMO) that they trade in their  'friday normal work day' for a 'maintenance day' that starts at midnight all the way til 9 AM and get the rest of the day off.

They patch the game at 01:00 for NA right? Even if they were a EU company that would mean they start patching at 19:00 and are done at 24:00 midnight. That's certainly not within your 9-17 ratio. Why are we -----ed when the NA isn't?

It's not an excuse so stop making them for them.

No every other MMO do their tests on a Test Server and they do it  during their working hours.
Daum seems like they do not have a Test Server hence they have to keep the Server down while they perform the tests on Live servers.
And that's inexcusable.
I also said that, but you missed that as well as you don't like read other people posts, you care only to say your bit.

Hm... Who does the test? EU offices or NA offices? Because NA server maintenance is :

West Coast (NA)

East Coast (NA)

Do you really think they test it during the maintenance? 1h-6h is not a time for work at a office. No, they just patch our servers at the same time than their. It just (sorry for telling that) lazy work, they just have to delay the time. 

Right now, It's 5h in East Coast, great time for maintenances, not in EU.

You're missing the right hours, for us in central EU it's 10h-15h, their launcher show 9h-14h but it've started at 10h for some of us (I'm French so yes it's at 10h)

Dawn don't have NA Offices..........just the Server location.
It's only EU, so the working hours is between 9-17 UTC (  -5 hours EST and -8 hours PST)
The time correspond exactly........check your facts.

Posted (edited)

Dawn don't have NA Offices..........just the Server location.It's only EU, so the working hours is between 9-17 UTC (  -5 hours EST and -8 hours PST)
The time correspond exactly........check your facts.

And how your idea works in NA? Are you telling me that : "They test the NA Maintenance in EU" ?

Edited by Dorus

Posted

its really annoying, half of the day the servers are down. again.

Posted

they really need to do that at night times. I think it works for other games too, why not here as well. I go to work at 2 pm and i want to play a bit before i have to go.

Posted (edited)

Why all of the games do the same.

Maintenance for EU in US timezone its stupid.

Do separate maintenaces, EU maintenance in EU night time and US maintenance in US night time...

"Why you work twice when you can work once and you can f*** half the population?"
Edited by Tzuiki

Posted

My grandpa wise words would be: Just let it happen, you can not change it

I'm out PEACE !

Posted (edited)

And how your idea works in NA? Are you telling me that : "They test the NA Maintenance in EU" ?

Of course.
Have you ever heard about "Remote Maintenance"?

Maintenance means they check the Server software is working correctly so you don't get lag or Server crash.
Or do you think that when they do maintenance to a Server they actually physically dismantle it and polish it with some wax?
It's not a car Lol

If there is a Server hardware failure they call the hosting Company and they will replace the part.
That's how it works dude.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

I think you missed the part where I mentioned that if they have to test the patch they would do it during office times (9 to 17).Daum is a EU company so office time for them would be 9-17 UTC.

Yes and it has already been said that they could do all the testing during their work hours on a test server... We pay the company for playing time not for down time...