• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

LF Blader Armor Guide/Discussion

78 posts in this topic

Posted

So I posted this earlier in the Guide section but since I see that half the content of this forum thread is: "Blader" "When is Blader coming out?" "Anyone else waiting for Blader?" etc. I figured that I might get more answers/feedback here xD

I plan to main a Blader/Plum and maybe have a Ninja/Kunoichi as a Secondary. As neither are out on NA/EU, I am currently playing as a Tamer, running 3 piece Agerian + Talis Boots for Attack Speed and Movement Speed. However, while I wait I would like to prepare for Blader/Ninja.

I've been reading up on the best armor sets for each class and so far it seems like Neil Tree (Grunil) is the best overall with two crystal slots, and bonus AP & HP. However it seems like people also recommend the Steel Taritas for the Blader for the bonus MP. It also has the bonus accuracy/evasion but I heard evasion & accuracy has been nerfed (can anyone provide information on that)? I used to run 2 piece Taritas for +120 MP and shoe + glove Zereth for the +400 endurance, but it felt like the added endurance wasn't useful in combat as I never fully recover it all while fighting. It was also difficult to obtain Attack Speed enhancements with only one crystal slot and no armor bonuses.

Most of the guides I see about Blader seem to be at least 9 months old and hence not completely up to date with the recently released NA/EU version. Any information or help/suggestions with armor sets + crystal socketing will be greatly appreciated. Anyone figured out a way to get max Attack Speed + Critical Hit Chance on Blader? Also will be very grateful for any help with how to craft Steel Taritas (which nodes to send workers, which mats we have to manually collect and how).

Cheers 
^_^

Posted

Just to preface, I haven't played Blader, so my advice is mostly based on theory and other people's ideas elsewhere. I'd appreciate insight from a more experienced player as well.

I'm planning on running with 3 piece Taritas (std so I can enhance it easier) with Agerian gloves. The Taritas stats are useful, even though evasion was nerfed from what I hear it's still noticeable, just not busted as it was previously. Agerian gloves grant 1 attack speed stack, so it'll be less of a pain to build it later.

This is the main point I'm unsure of, but also the main reason why (if I'm right) the Taritas set is so useful. If I'm correct Blader/Plum don't gain MP from levels, leaving them with 100 MP at max level. As a result the Taritas set essentially doubles your available MP pool, and with the Blader Spirit skill fully restoring your MP pool this gives you a muuuch bigger resource pool to work with even if you can't easily refill it just by slashing.

Again I'd appreciate if someone could confirm any of this info. Just what I've heard.

2 people like this

Posted

I just want to give a friendly bump because I would also like to know this. So far I'm doing the same thing as Synfire is doing but I haven't started upgrading the gear because im not sure yet.

Posted

Just to preface, I haven't played Blader, so my advice is mostly based on theory and other people's ideas elsewhere. I'd appreciate insight from a more experienced player as well.

I'm planning on running with 3 piece Taritas (std so I can enhance it easier) with Agerian gloves. The Taritas stats are useful, even though evasion was nerfed from what I hear it's still noticeable, just not busted as it was previously. Agerian gloves grant 1 attack speed stack, so it'll be less of a pain to build it later.

This is the main point I'm unsure of, but also the main reason why (if I'm right) the Taritas set is so useful. If I'm correct Blader/Plum don't gain MP from levels, leaving them with 100 MP at max level. As a result the Taritas set essentially doubles your available MP pool, and with the Blader Spirit skill fully restoring your MP pool this gives you a muuuch bigger resource pool to work with even if you can't easily refill it just by slashing.

Again I'd appreciate if someone could confirm any of this info. Just what I've heard.

I plan on maining a blader as well and have no experience so far with the class, but I think you're right. Guides keep speaking about the "rotary" set for blader. I have yet to find out what the rotary set is. It seems really close to the taritas set. As for weapons... probably just liverto?

Posted

Also interested in this ... so if anyone has some insight please feel free to share :)

Posted

I just finished making a full green Steel Taritas set yesterday.

Steel Taritas = Rotary, it's basically regular Taritas but with more durability and less weight (and you can use regular Taritas to repair max durability)

I made the full set but I'm still torn on what offset piece to use, atm I'm leaning toward gloves... Taritas gloves give +2 accuracy but you get +5 from 3 set bonus, so torn between Talias gloves that give +1 Crit, and Zereth gloves that give +2 DMG to all races :S

Anyway to answer the question about making Steel Taritas armor (warning: It's a bit of a long process :P ) you have to have level 3 armor workshop, there are 2 in Heidel, and a few in Calpheon, materials required are Steel, Fine Hard Hide, Mud Crystals and Black Stone Powder

You get steel by heating 5 melted iron with 5 coal, (also believe you have to do initial Processing quest in Heidel that you get when you hit gathering 14). You probably found plenty of Iron nodes, but coal is a bit tougher to get,

You can get it from a mining node directly north of Keplan.

Fine Hard hides are easy but take a bit of time and a lot of energy to get. Grab a tanning knife and go south of Heidel to the first body of water (where the naga statue node is) and start killing small salamanders and skinning them. You will get Lizard Skin, you will need 5 lizard skins to process into a Hard Hide and 10 Hard Hides to process into a Fine Hard Hide (hence why i mentioned why you will need a lot of energy ^^ )

Mud Crystals were a massive pain in the a** for me as i didn't do enough research and actually went around Glish ruins and manually mined them from Muddy Quartz nodes that can be found around Glish ruins, easier way to do this (albeit slower) is to unlock the node directly east of Glish called Southern Marshes i believe, there you will have an Iron node which you can send a worker with high luck to mine and you have a chance of getting rough mud crystals which you can later process.

As you probably noticed to make this set you will need materials from all over the place... Which can get expensive to transport around if you dont have Heidel,Glish,Keplan and Calpheon (will explain in a bit) connected unless you want to manually haul these materials to your city of preference.

You can completely setup Steel Taritas armor crafting in Heidel, however for some reason it's not possible to transport goods (in this case Coal) directly from Keplan to Heidel even when they are connected. So you will need to transport them to Calpheon first and then send it from Calpheon to Heidel.

I chose to do this transport by myself as it gives me a chance to level my horses a bit :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Also interested in this ... so if anyone has some insight please feel free to share :)

I just want to give a friendly bump because I would also like to know this. So far I'm doing the same thing as Synfire is doing but I haven't started upgrading the gear because im not sure yet.

I've been preparing for Blader/plum myself and have a couple different ideas of what i wanna do. Dunno if you guys are interested still, but i tagged you anyway. 

Taritas/Steel taritas is a must for at least the 2 set bonus. Blader/plum has a few skills that give +6%, +10%, etc. damage based on max WP. So i'd say Taritas helm and armor are a good choice

Now, there's lots of debate over accuracy/evasion and whether or not it is useful. From what i know, if you're the same level as your target then you don't need accuracy unless they have evasion. Blader/Plum also have a skill that decreases the targets accuracy by 30 for 10 sec, and the ultimate version is instant cast. I wouldn't build evasion on a blader just because of the amount of iframes, super armor, and mobility we get from the chase skill. As for accuracy, i'm aiming for around 15 or so

For gloves/boots, there are a few options if you go with Taritas Helm/armor.

Zereth I think is a bad idea, our Chase skill is our main evasion and mobility skill and it does not use stamina. It uses WP, and we get a skill that restores 150 WP at max rank. So the +400 stamina from zereth is not that useful, and the +2 damage to all species isn't enough to justify getting zereth imo.

Talis is an okay choice, you get 3 move speed, and 1 crit. Blader/plum really needs to max att speed though as a majority of their skills/animations scale off of it. With only 1 crystal slot on the gloves, we can only get 1 +2 att speed crystal so we have to rely on the weapon slot and potions/food to hit 5 attack speed. Also very low DP on Talis, not to sure about it.

Agerian is a little better than Talis imo. We get 1 attack spd/1 cast spd, 1 move spd, and 100 hp. Still only 1 glove slot so have to rely on other means to get att spd maxed. More DP than Talis

Heve gives us more flexibility. Set bonus gives us 250 hp and 4 crystal slots. 2 Glove slots means we can get 4 att spd from just our gloves and frees up our potion/food buff to help out with something else.

Or you can go with Grunil Helm/gloves for +5 AP and 4 crystal slots. Then Taritas for Armor/boots. Assuming Grunil is in the game by the time we get blader it seems like a really strong choice.

As far as maxing crit and att spd goes, Liverto gives +3 crit and Zaka weapon gives +3 att spd. Zaka is going to be hell of a lot more rare. You could get +4 att spd or crit using 2 crystal slots in gloves and then making up for what ever is remaining with the 2 crystal slots on liverto/zaka. Both have the same AP, but kzarka has more accuracy (which is hidden, for some reason). 

Wall of text, i know. I'm just excited for Plum, lemme know what you guys think lol

Edited by Sicate
2 people like this

Posted

I've been preparing for Blader/plum myself and have a couple different ideas of what i wanna do. Dunno if you guys are interested still, but i tagged you anyway. 

Taritas/Steel taritas is a must for at least the 2 set bonus. Blader/plum has a few skills that give +6%, +10%, etc. damage based on max WP. So i'd say Taritas helm and armor are a good choice

Now, there's lots of debate over accuracy/evasion and whether or not it is useful. From what i know, if you're the same level as your target then you don't need accuracy unless they have evasion. Blader/Plum also have a skill that decreases the targets accuracy by 30 for 10 sec, and the ultimate version is instant cast. I wouldn't build evasion on a blader just because of the amount of iframes, super armor, and mobility we get from the chase skill. As for accuracy, I don't plan on having it on my main set, i'll have a secondary off hand and accessory with accuracy on it if i need it.

For gloves/boots, there are a few options if you go with Taritas Helm/armor.

Zereth I think is a bad idea, our Chase skill is our main evasion and mobility skill and it does not use stamina. It uses WP, and we get a skill that restores 150 WP at max rank. So the +400 stamina from zereth is not that useful, and the +2 damage to all species isn't enough to justify getting zereth imo.

Talis is an okay choice, you get 3 move speed, and 1 crit. Blader/plum really needs to max att speed though as a majority of their skills/animations scale off of it. With only 1 crystal slot on the gloves, we can only get 1 +2 att speed crystal so we have to rely on the weapon slot and potions/food to hit 5 attack speed. Also very low DP on Talis, not to sure about it.

Agerian is a little better than Talis imo. We get 1 attack spd/1 cast spd, 1 move spd, and 100 hp. Still only 1 glove slot so have to rely on other means to get att spd maxed. More DP than Talis

Heve gives us more flexibility. Set bonus gives us 250 hp and 4 crystal slots. 2 Glove slots means we can get 4 att spd from just our gloves and frees up our potion/food buff to help out with something else.

Or you can go with Grunil Helm/gloves for +5 AP and 4 crystal slots. Then Taritas for Armor/boots. Assuming Grunil is in the game by the time we get blader it seems like a really strong choice.

As far as maxing crit and att spd goes, Liverto gives +3 crit and Zaka weapon gives +3 att spd. Zaka is going to be hell of a lot more rare. You could get +4 att spd or crit using 2 crystal slots in gloves and then making up for what ever is remaining with the 2 crystal slots on liverto/zaka. Both have the same AP, but kzarka has more accuracy (which is hidden, for some reason). 

Wall of text, i know. I'm just excited for Plum, lemme know what you guys think lol

This is really good information. I was going to go with Zereth boots but was unsure what chase used as a resource. Sounds like I'll be going with taritas/heve if grunil isn't out by then. Good thing i'm playing a ranger while I wait for plum. Already got heve almost fully upgraded.

Posted

Here is my contribution. I have spent hours to create the most optimal build. I believe that this is, infact the best build you can be running in PvP. If you don't agree or have questions, you are welcome to ask. (Note, most of these items come in Mediah patch, and all items are considered +15 or PRI).

Blader.png

6 people like this

Posted

I'm going for 3x taritas and 1 grunil glove "neil tree", why? because simple accuracy bonus from 3x taritas is hella important for blader/plum and then WP, evasion etc for spam dodging. and i can fill in 2 slot on glove with attack speed for 5x crit and 5x attack speed, while i will be using liverto katana and white horn or black horn not sure which is AP one. I'm aiming for pvp.

Posted

I'm going for 3x taritas and 1 grunil glove "neil tree", why? because simple accuracy bonus from 3x taritas is hella important for blader/plum and then WP, evasion etc for spam dodging. and i can fill in 2 slot on glove with attack speed for 5x crit and 5x attack speed, while i will be using liverto katana and white horn or black horn not sure which is AP one. I'm aiming for pvp.

3 Taritas with a 2 glove socket is bad for many reasons. First, the mediocre stats of the Taritas Helm does not make up for the Accuracy, since there are many items that are good and give Accuracy. (Good deeds, Tree Spirit, Ancient, Red Coral). Also, a single 2 socket glove does not give any set bonus or item effects, hence you only get two sockets. Best combo in my opinion is double Taritas + double Grunil (purple, coming with Blader release), which means you will get 120 WP + 5 AP, and 2 extra sockets.

Posted

3 Taritas with a 2 glove socket is bad for many reasons. First, the mediocre stats of the Taritas Helm does not make up for the Accuracy, since there are many items that are good and give Accuracy. (Good deeds, Tree Spirit, Ancient, Red Coral). Also, a single 2 socket glove does not give any set bonus or item effects, hence you only get two sockets. Best combo in my opinion is double Taritas + double Grunil (purple, coming with Blader release), which means you will get 120 WP + 5 AP, and 2 extra sockets.

Hm i though glove gives 150 health as item effect anyway?, well your point makes sense as well, i might go double combo, 2x taritas and 2x grunil, but then i would need to exchange one of my shadow ring for deeds or the necklace one with 6+ ap and 3 accuracy. Since i want to go all ap on white horn + liverto. Maybe Liverto does the job with accuracy as it doubles it compare to Yuria weapon.

Posted (edited)

Hm i though glove gives 150 health as item effect anyway?, well your point makes sense as well, i might go double combo, 2x taritas and 2x grunil, but then i would need to exchange one of my shadow ring for deeds or the necklace one with 6+ ap and 3 accuracy. Since i want to go all ap on white horn + liverto. Maybe Liverto does the job with accuracy as it doubles it compare to Yuria weapon.

It is not an item effect. It is Helmet+Gloves set effect. Source: http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10935/ 

Edited by Adowen

Posted

It is not an item effect. It is Helmet+Gloves set effect. Source: http://bddatabase.net/us/item/10935/ 

Oh, saw it, my bad. I guess i'll go for glove + hat grunil and taritas armor + shoes

Posted

Oh, saw it, my bad. I guess i'll go for glove + hat grunil and taritas armor + shoes

Yes, I also think that is the best option.  

Posted

Omitting Grunil and Heve, with Taritas shoes and armor, would Agerian gloves and Helm work?

Posted

Omitting Grunil and Heve, with Taritas shoes and armor, would Agerian gloves and Helm work?

Agerian is pointless due to how easy it is to get Attack Speed with sockets. 

Posted

Agerian is pointless due to how easy it is to get Attack Speed with sockets. 

I was questioning whether or not it'd be just as viable due to the fact that upping Heve requires more Heve that seems to be harder to obtain (martket place and/or drops) than Agerian.

Posted

uAgAq7Z.pngDKnFPZk.png

Agerian Armor

H8j7QZX.jpg JI1ILDu.jpg

Rocaba/ Grunil Armor

BGNeYH8.jpg2cU4MEK.png 

Zeneth Armor

29wWBaO.jpg 

Reblath Armor

f7GEPwD.jpgzmPoG0a.pngYtvJkzY.png 

Talis/ Taritas Armor

*cough* appearances *cough* 

Posted

Hidden Content

Agerian Armor

Hidden Content

Rocaba/ Grunil Armor

Hidden Content

Zeneth Armor

Hidden Content

Reblath Armor

Hidden Content

Talis/ Taritas Armor

*cough* appearances *cough* 

Looking pretty aint gonna kill people faster unfortunately 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ATM im trying to get the Liverto box and save it for my blader. Also leveling up a taritas set 3 piece with different boots. might have Heve for PvP just for fun or Agerian. still not 100% on what boots but thats my plan.

PS thats what i will use on my blader when its released.. will ofc farm the new stuff/sets and swap out Taritas. 

Edited by Exzear

Posted

Hm, i've think through this now, i will go full taritas, with liverto, that way i will have enough accuracy, so i can go full ap white horn, and rest accesories.

Posted

Hm, i've think through this now, i will go full taritas, with liverto, that way i will have enough accuracy, so i can go full ap white horn, and rest accesories.

You only need 3 Taritas for max Accuracy. Absolutely no point going full Taritas. Also it doesnt make up for the black horns's Accuracy (17) since you will only get 7. The more dp your opponents get the more likely you will miss, you will want atleast 40 Accuracy, and without black horn that is very hard. 

Posted

Hmm - any info on where to find those red/blue coral accesories? 

You only need 3 Taritas for max Accuracy. Absolutely no point going full Taritas. Also it doesnt make up for the black horns's Accuracy (17) since you will only get 7. The more dp your opponents get the more likely you will miss, you will want atleast 40 Accuracy, and without black horn that is very hard. 

Do you happen to have the info on where to get the coral jewelry? :) 

Posted

So are we in agreement that Taritas body/feet & Grunil gloves/head is the way to go?