• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

LF Blader Armor Guide/Discussion

78 posts in this topic

Posted

i dont rly get why everyone is Sure that  grunil Head/glove combo is the way to go.

Sure, u get 4 Slots and +5 AP.

It complements a bladers strengths very well, they need the WP from taritas and they are a high damage assassiny type class. So +5 AP from your armor is not something you want to give up easily. 

Stun/stiffness is probably the least threatening CC of them all because it doesn't have a damage bonus attached to it. Although it often leads into a knockdown, but skills that cause stun are very few and easily avoidable. While Knockdown and grapple are almost everywhere.

Knockdown has down attacks, floating has air attacks and floating actually leads into a knockdown where you can do down attacks as well.

Being grappled leads into knockdown -> down attacks

First priorities of blader/plum is making sure you can max out attack speed and crit. Grunil gloves make that very easy, and the crystals for +2 att spd are only 300k.

I'll admit, grunil isn't for everyone if you can't afford to replace crystals but if you can then i'd say it is the best. Until boss armor anyway. 

CC resist is capped at 60% in pvp.  I wouldn't make it your main focus to cap CC resists, as learning how to use iframes and super armor are much more beneficial

Posted

It complements a bladers strengths very well, they need the WP from taritas and they are a high damage assassiny type class. So +5 AP from your armor is not something you want to give up easily. 

Stun/stiffness is probably the least threatening CC of them all because it doesn't have a damage bonus attached to it. Although it often leads into a knockdown, but skills that cause stun are very few and easily avoidable. While Knockdown and grapple are almost everywhere.

Knockdown has down attacks, floating has air attacks and floating actually leads into a knockdown where you can do down attacks as well.

Being grappled leads into knockdown -> down attacks

First priorities of blader/plum is making sure you can max out attack speed and crit. Grunil gloves make that very easy, and the crystals for +2 att spd are only 300k.

I'll admit, grunil isn't for everyone if you can't afford to replace crystals but if you can then i'd say it is the best. Until boss armor anyway. 

CC resist is capped at 60% in pvp.  I wouldn't make it your main focus to cap CC resists, as learning how to use iframes and super armor are much more beneficial

A lot of good points. Agerian is all in all, bad. Besides, you can go with cheaper crystals until you can afford the better ones. Also, crystals aren't expensive. If you think about how much they give and what they cost, they are very price worthy. I have posted, and explained, why 2grunil+2taritas is the best on many posts, so I don't feel like doing it again. I just get the feeling you want to be hipster and not have the same gear as everyone else but still be as strong as them. I am not gonna lie, that is very unlikely. 

Posted

A lot of good points. Agerian is all in all, bad. Besides, you can go with cheaper crystals until you can afford the better ones. Also, crystals aren't expensive. If you think about how much they give and what they cost, they are very price worthy. I have posted, and explained, why 2grunil+2taritas is the best on many posts, so I don't feel like doing it again. I just get the feeling you want to be hipster and not have the same gear as everyone else but still be as strong as them. I am not gonna lie, that is very unlikely. 

Abolutely not..
I didnt want to bother anyone but sharemy thoughts to get input on how to improve myself ;)

True, i am not rly on the grunil hype train, but i still considered it as an option during my research.

maybe i was just wrong with that.

but i am not only considering BiS.

going with 3 agerian parts and 2 gems (=1,8m silver) give me 4AS and 3Crit, or 2 gems (=540k) give me 2AS and 4 Crit.
With grunil i need 3 gems (=2,1m) for 3AS and 3Crit and i cant see how to further increase AS without kzarka weapon.

im sure u can find better fitting gems

but: i'm trying to find an alternative to grunil that can get similar stats while those stats should not fully rely on the gems and therefore a much cheaper possibility.
I know u will hardly find sth equal to full socketet grunil set and i know that not dying prevents u from losing them.
i was highly imbued by that post: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4ckppu/why_should_i_use_grunil_over_agerian_and_kzarka/

Thx for ur opinion

Posted (edited)

Abolutely not..
I didnt want to bother anyone but sharemy thoughts to get input on how to improve myself ;)

True, i am not rly on the grunil hype train, but i still considered it as an option during my research.

maybe i was just wrong with that.

but i am not only considering BiS.

going with 3 agerian parts and 2 gems (=1,8m silver) give me 4AS and 3Crit, or 2 gems (=540k) give me 2AS and 4 Crit.
With grunil i need 3 gems (=2,1m) for 3AS and 3Crit and i cant see how to further increase AS without kzarka weapon.

im sure u can find better fitting gems

but: i'm trying to find an alternative to grunil that can get similar stats while those stats should not fully rely on the gems and therefore a much cheaper possibility.
I know u will hardly find sth equal to full socketet grunil set and i know that not dying prevents u from losing them.
i was highly imbued by that post: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4ckppu/why_should_i_use_grunil_over_agerian_and_kzarka/

Thx for ur opinion

Just wanted to comment about the reddit post.

Cast speed is absolutely useless on a blader/plum

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/3d7esn/blader_list_of_skills_affected_by_attack_speed/

I'd also argue move speed is pretty useless on a blader/plum as well, our chase skill gives us ridiculous amounts of mobility and it uses WP, and we have a skill on a 10s CD that restores WP. Those shoe slots should have been used for resist crystals.

Agerian also doesn't give you a bonus to WP, which is more important than anything. That's why we use the 2 piece taritas, also has more DP than agerian.

With grunil gloves, we can fit 2 +2 att speed crystals in there for 600k. 4 att speed from only the gloves

Liverto gives +3 crit with 2 slots, get 1 +1 att speed +1 crit crystal for 1m, and a +1 crit crystal for 30k.

If you go Kzarka, you can put 2 +2 crit crystals in the gloves, +1 att speed +1 crit crystal and a +1 att speed for the same results of 5 att spd, 5 crit

We have everything we need, with 1 slot left in taritas armor for HP, 1 slot in taritas boots for resist, and 2 slots in the grunil helmet for whatever you'd like

If you do use agerian, you have to get WP from somewhere else because the base amount is not going to be enough. So you end up sacrificing accessory slots for WP, not to mention our main damage skills get bonus damage from our maximum WP.

No hype train here, only facts. Use agerian if you like, but that reddit post is full of errors

Edited by Sicate
1 person likes this

Posted

so it's better the 3 taritas 1 grunil, 2/2 , or full grunil... i can't understand it.

Posted (edited)

Here is my contribution. I have spent hours to create the most optimal build. I believe that this is, infact the best build you can be running in PvP. If you don't agree or have questions, you are welcome to ask. (Note, most of these items come in Mediah patch, and all items are considered +15 or PRI).

Blader.png

Very nice. This is actually my initial armor build in BDO:JP before boss armors - hybrid grun+steel taritas. I have a lvl 57 female blader main in JP.

You don't need x2 assault crystals on your gloves if you are running double carmaes and vice versa - you'll end up with 2 + 4 = 6 attack speed. You can either put a black viper crystal (1 atk spd 1 cst spd +2 accuracy) on your glove slot or an ancient viper (I'm not sure about your version but there is no Ancient assault in my server, just Assault which adds +2 atk spd but breaks easily, so I might as well put a less easily-broken crystal there). Alternatively you can take out 1 Carmae crystal and place a 5AP gem on your Liverto. This means you have 5 atk spd but are short 1 crit, but I always use the Serendia Special food buff to make up for it. It helps train your health stat and adds several attack buffs to yourself too.

An alternative to going helm/glove grunil and armor/shoe steel taritas is to go helm/glove Heve instead of grun (choice between 5AP or 250hp), or do helm/glove grunil and armor/shoe Rocaba (+75HP +75WP, you'll get that when Valencia releases).

When boss armors are released together with the next update the most important things to get first are Bheg's gloves and Red Nose chest if you are sufficiently ahead in the game - red nose has 100WP on its own plus additional HPR regen, and Bheg's gloves give additional accuracy per enchantment. This completely negates the need for a black horn bow, allowing you to run an AP offhand (White Horn Bow, Nouver Horn Bow (when it releases)). Of course this breaks up your grunil set bonus, so you can either do switch out your grunil helmet for another Taritas (giving you a whopping 200WP from just armors), or swap to helmet/shoe Heve, or continue using that grun helmet for the KD resist and use Talis shoes for +2 movespeed, if that's your thing.

Personally I don't see the need for the additional 60WP on the blue coral rings. With lvl 30 health stat and with steel taritas, you'll have 420WP - more than enough for your dash spam needs. I'd use double mark of shadows for the additional AP, but that's my preference - it's up to you what you want to do for your build.

If you do use agerian, you have to get WP from somewhere else because the base amount is not going to be enough. So you end up sacrificing accessory slots for WP, not to mention our main damage skills get bonus damage from our maximum WP.

IIRC only max ranked Beheading gets bonus damage from maximum WP and the additional damage isn't as dandy as the description would have you believe :P I'm all for more WP on the Taritas though, but Agerian's actually a pretty good alternative if you don't W+F+right click spam all day like I do and prefer to use MS to get around. The hp bonus is nothing to sneeze at too, plus the base attack speed allows you to run AP crystals.

Edited by FrizFroz
2 people like this

Posted

Very nice. This is actually my initial armor build in BDO:JP before boss armors - hybrid grun+steel taritas. I have a lvl 57 female blader main in JP.

You don't need x2 assault crystals on your gloves if you are running double carmaes and vice versa - you'll end up with 2 + 4 = 6 attack speed. You can either put a black viper crystal (1 atk spd 1 cst spd +2 accuracy) on your glove slot or an ancient viper (I'm not sure about your version but there is no Ancient assault in my server, just Assault which adds +2 atk spd but breaks easily, so I might as well put a less easily-broken crystal there). Alternatively you can take out 1 Carmae crystal and place a 5AP gem on your Liverto. This means you have 5 atk spd but are short 1 crit, but I always use the Serendia Special food buff to make up for it. It helps train your health stat and adds several attack buffs to yourself too.

An alternative to going helm/glove grunil and armor/shoe steel taritas is to go helm/glove Heve instead of grun (choice between 5AP or 250hp), or do helm/glove grunil and armor/shoe Rocaba (+75HP +75WP, you'll get that when Valencia releases).

When boss armors are released together with the next update the most important things to get first are Bheg's gloves and Red Nose chest if you are sufficiently ahead in the game - red nose has 100WP on its own plus additional HPR regen, and Bheg's gloves give additional accuracy per enchantment. This completely negates the need for a black horn bow, allowing you to run an AP offhand (White Horn Bow, Nouver Horn Bow (when it releases)). Of course this breaks up your grunil set bonus, so you can either do switch out your grunil helmet for another Taritas (giving you a whopping 200WP from just armors), or swap to helmet/shoe Heve, or continue using that grun helmet for the KD resist and use Talis shoes for +2 movespeed, if that's your thing.

Personally I don't see the need for the additional 60WP on the blue coral rings. With lvl 30 health stat and with steel taritas, you'll have 420WP - more than enough for your dash spam needs. I'd use double mark of shadows for the additional AP, but that's my preference - it's up to you what you want to do for your build.

Nice to see another plum main :) So boss armor is not out yet?

Posted (edited)

Plum main too? :P Sweet. Boss armor isn't out I believe, it'll be out together with Kzarka. Though I don't actually have an NA/EU account yet so I might be talking out of my ass there, but that's the news I read at least. Waiting for the blader release ;)

Here's a gameplay vid of a full attack speed/crit/425WP Plum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVweTHL-20). Aka shameless advertising of my YT. Onboard the hype train!

Edited by FrizFroz

Posted

Plum main too? :P Sweet. Boss armor isn't out I believe, it'll be out together with Kzarka. Though I don't actually have an NA/EU account yet so I might be talking out of my ass there, but that's the news I read at least. Waiting for the blader release ;)

Here's a gameplay vid of a full attack speed/crit/425WP Plum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVweTHL-20). Aka shameless advertising. Onboard the hype train!

I will be maining it :), and mediah - kzarka boss is out already :) so i believe boss armor is out also?

Posted

I will be maining it :), and mediah - kzarka boss is out already :) so i believe boss armor is out also?

I have yet to see any boss armor drops pop up, don't think they're in. Or they're just stupidly rare

Posted

I have yet to see any boss armor drops pop up, don't think they're in. Or they're just stupidly rare

Not THAT rare, so we can assume its not out yet.

Posted

These are my plans. Let me know what you think.

PRI/Earring of Sealed Magical Power (6AP/1DP) x2
PRI/Ring of Sealed Magical Power (6AP/1DP) x2
     *I'm going for these rather than Witches/MoS because they are more guaranteed and if I fail on Upgrading I can get them again no problem.

Yuria with 1AS/1Crit Gem until I can get Liverto. Probably put AP Gem for second slot with Liverto
Black Bow with 1Crit Offhand Gem
     *This Puts me at 2Crit until Liverto putting me at 5Crit.

Taritas Chest: Either MP or HP Gem, not sure which will be more beneficial. Thinking MP? But, it is only +35MP vs +100 HP&Weight Increase
Taritas Helmet: Bound Resistance 10% Gem
Taritas Boots: Bound Resistance 25% Gem
     *This Puts me at 55% Bound and 35% Floating Resistance
Grunil or Heve Gloves: 2AS Gems x2
     *With these and the 1AS from Weapon puts me at 5AS
     *Possibly Heve as they will become cheaper to repair as I'm upgrading it, and will want to switch to boss gloves as my first piece.

Things I am uncertain of are my Necklace and Belt. Ogre Ring Necklace would be nice, but the chances are I won't be able to get that for AWHILE. So, maybe Necklace of Good Deeds or DUO/Bares? Belt I have now is PRI/Rhutum Elite Belt (6DP) I'm not sure which AP belt I should strive for, Tree Belt probably. I could be wrong, but I feel like DP accessories aren't very good for Blader.

Another option is to drop the Taritas Helmet and pickup Grunil for the 2pc bonus of +5AP, and extra helmet Gem. But, that drops me down the 5ACC(Not insanely useful endgame), but the 15% Floating Resis, which is great. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed super good helmet Gems. Thus, making that second gem slot not as useful as the 15% Floating/5 Accuracy Combo.

Again, I am just trying to prep as best I can. I know for a Fact I want to keep my 2PC Taritas for the additionial 120MP. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!

-Mixar

Posted

*I'm going for these rather than Witches/MoS because they are more guaranteed and if I fail on Upgrading I can get them again no problem.

Yuria with 1AS/1Crit Gem until I can get Liverto. Probably put AP Gem for second slot with Liverto

Taritas Chest: Either MP or HP Gem, not sure which will be more beneficial. Thinking MP? But, it is only +35MP vs +100 HP&Weight Increase
     *Possibly Heve as they will become cheaper to repair as I'm upgrading it, and will want to switch to boss gloves as my first piece.

Things I am uncertain of are my Necklace and Belt. Ogre Ring Necklace would be nice, but the chances are I won't be able to get that for AWHILE. So, maybe Necklace of Good Deeds or DUO/Bares? Belt I have now is PRI/Rhutum Elite Belt (6DP) I'm not sure which AP belt I should strive for, Tree Belt probably. I could be wrong, but I feel like DP accessories aren't very good for Blader.

Another option is to drop the Taritas Helmet and pickup Grunil for the 2pc bonus of +5AP, and extra helmet Gem. But, that drops me down the 5ACC(Not insanely useful endgame), but the 15% Floating Resis, which is great. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't noticed super good helmet Gems. Thus, making that second gem slot not as useful as the 15% Floating/5 Accuracy Combo.

Again, I am just trying to prep as best I can. I know for a Fact I want to keep my 2PC Taritas for the additionial 120MP. Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!

-Mixar

I don't think you can enhance the sealed magical power accessories, like 95% sure.

I'd say go for the HP crystal if you're going for Taritas set piece, the health training skill also increases your max WP so you shouldn't have a problem there.

I'd suggest looking up Sapphire necklace of Storms and Corrupt ruby necklace, 5 ap plus 30% resist for various CCs

I'm going for +3 kalis belt, accuracy is not super important right now but when the +20 enhance cap gets here. You're going to need more accuracy because of the massive amounts of DP that people will have. Higher DP actually has an affect on your hit rate

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't think you can enhance the sealed magical power accessories, like 95% sure.

I'd say go for the HP crystal if you're going for Taritas set piece, the health training skill also increases your max WP so you shouldn't have a problem there.

I'd suggest looking up Sapphire necklace of Storms and Corrupt ruby necklace, 5 ap plus 30% resist for various CCs

I'm going for +3 kalis belt, accuracy is not super important right now but when the +20 enhance cap gets here. You're going to need more accuracy because of the massive amounts of DP that people will have. Higher DP actually has an affect on your hit rate

I have a PRI/Magical Power Accessory. It is 6AP and 1DP. There is actually a Video about it all on youtube if you are curious about it. Basically 1AP&1DP Gain vs Witches is 2AP.

Interesting, I may drop the Taritas Helm and pickup Grunil if I do go for that Sapphire Necklace of Storms. What Helmet Gems would you recommend? 5Accuracy doesn't seem like much. Pretty much what the 3Pc Taritas gives. I'll consider it, but I feel like there is a better belt out there to really pull everything together. Thanks for your input

Edited by Mixar

Posted

I have a PRI/Magical Power Accessory. It is 6AP and 1DP. There is actually a Video about it all on youtube if you are curious about it. Basically 1AP&1DP Gain vs Witches is 2AP.

Interesting, I may drop the Taritas Helm and pickup Grunil if I do go for that Sapphire Necklace of Storms. What Helmet Gems would you recommend? 5Accuracy doesn't seem like much. Pretty much what the 3Pc Taritas gives. I'll consider it, but I feel like there is a better belt out there to really pull everything together. Thanks for your input

Huh, learn something new everyday i guess. Considering it takes a 9 hours worth of hourly quests to get them, not worth it to me personally. To each their own though.

I'm going for the +50 hp gems since we're missing out on the HP set bonus with the 2/2 set up

Posted

Huh, learn something new everyday i guess. Considering it takes a 9 hours worth of hourly quests to get them, not worth it to me personally. To each their own though.

I'm going for the +50 hp gems since we're missing out on the HP set bonus with the 2/2 set up

Yeah, it's a grind. But I have contribution/energy put into those nodes since I have to grind them so much. Increasing my chances of getting witches/MoS. I just feel super unlucky on RNG upgrading. Ideally, I would prefer to purchase a PRI/WItches or MoS. They will suffice for now. And family bound. So, win/win. 

It's really down to a few different combinations, in my eyes. Full Grunil, 3PcTaritas/Grunil Gloves, or 2PcTaritas/Grunil Helm&Gloves. My main issue is I don't know how hard it really is to start obtaining boss gear. If it's next to impossible, 2Pc or Full is what I'm leaning towards. But, if it is only moderately difficult I am leaning towards 3Pc.

Posted

Yeah, it's a grind. But I have contribution/energy put into those nodes since I have to grind them so much. Increasing my chances of getting witches/MoS. I just feel super unlucky on RNG upgrading. Ideally, I would prefer to purchase a PRI/WItches or MoS. They will suffice for now. And family bound. So, win/win. 

It's really down to a few different combinations, in my eyes. Full Grunil, 3PcTaritas/Grunil Gloves, or 2PcTaritas/Grunil Helm&Gloves. My main issue is I don't know how hard it really is to start obtaining boss gear. If it's next to impossible, 2Pc or Full is what I'm leaning towards. But, if it is only moderately difficult I am leaning towards 3Pc.

After about a week of going back and forth on Full grunil and the 2/2 Taritas & grunil Helm/Gloves, I think i've decided on the full grunil. I just like the 8 gem slots, lots of flexibility.

Posted (edited)

After about a week of going back and forth on Full grunil and the 2/2 Taritas & grunil Helm/Gloves, I think i've decided on the full grunil. I just like the 8 gem slots, lots of flexibility.

It really can achieve a lot. And when you eventually get the boss gear you can easily transfer Grunil to almost any alt with a new set of gems. I'm basically in the same boat as you from a week ago. Decisions, Decisions.

Edited by Mixar

Posted

Here's a gameplay vid of a full attack speed/crit/425WP Plum (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVweTHL-20). Aka shameless advertising of my YT. Onboard the hype train!

Can confirm that kzarka is out, we have at least one person on our server with kzarka weapon. (Kamui from Whatguild - Alustin EU)
Can't confirm boss armor is in the game as I've not seen a single piece and I don't believe ppl without screenshot. 

Posted

Thanks!

-Mixar

Do earring of sealed earring have higher chance of success than witch earring on enchant?

Posted

Do earring of sealed earring have higher chance of success than witch earring on enchant?

No, but you are guaranteed one every 18 seals. So I would enchant when I Had 3. So if it failed I would still have one. I had success at 20fail stacks and the guy who made the YouTube video said he did his at 24

Posted

No, but you are guaranteed one every 18 seals. So I would enchant when I Had 3. So if it failed I would still have one. I had success at 20fail stacks and the guy who made the YouTube video said he did his at 24

18 seals would take you 9 hours to get.  Even with bad luck and no node investment you will probably get a mark of shadows every 3-5 hours.

Posted

18 seals would take you 9 hours to get.  Even with bad luck and no node investment you will probably get a mark of shadows every 3-5 hours.

I got 2 witches and 1 mark, while just doing the hourlys. Allows me to bounce around and not grind for hours on one mob, still getting different loots. Not saying anyone has to do it, just an alternative to consider.

Posted (edited)

3 Taritas with a 2 glove socket is bad for many reasons. First, the mediocre stats of the Taritas Helm does not make up for the Accuracy, since there are many items that are good and give Accuracy. (Good deeds, Tree Spirit, Ancient, Red Coral). Also, a single 2 socket glove does not give any set bonus or item effects, hence you only get two sockets. Best combo in my opinion is double Taritas + double Grunil (purple, coming with Blader release), which means you will get 120 WP + 5 AP, and 2 extra sockets.

I wish you would stop saying this combo is the only viable blader setup.  It's just not true.  You say a single glove doesn't give a set bonus but you ignore that you will be getting the 3pc taritas bonus so you aren't losing anything.  It's a trade between 5 hidden AP and 5 hidden acc. Also if you get the bheg gloves everyone wants now your grunil set is broken and you lose 5 AP.

Additionally you say you can get acc elsewhere which is true but you will be trading some ap for acc on accessories in order to do so.  For instance duo mark of shadow has 5 more ap than good deeds.  The good deeds only gives 3 acc for that 5 AP loss.  

Lastly the taritas Helm stats aren't mediocre.  It has more dp than the grunil and float res which will be useful against other bladers and plums.  

Both setups are perfectly viable. 

Edited by Attomsk
1 person likes this

Posted

I wish you would stop saying this combo is the only viable blader setup.  It's just not true.  You say a single glove doesn't give a set bonus but you ignore that you will be getting the 3pc taritas bonus so you aren't losing anything.  It's a trade between 5 hidden AP and 5 hidden acc. Also if you get the bheg gloves everyone wants now your grunil set is broken and you lose 5 AP.

Additionally you say you can get acc elsewhere which is true but you will be trading some ap for acc on accessories in order to do so.  For instance duo mark of shadow has 5 more ap than good deeds.  The good deeds only gives 3 acc for that 5 AP loss.  

Lastly the taritas Helm stats aren't mediocre.  It has more dp than the grunil and float res which will be useful against other bladers and plums.  

Both setups are perfectly viable. 

Exactly. You get the helmet for the floating Resis, the Acc is only a bonus. Like Attomsk said, you will break up your 5AP set first anyway with Bheg gloves. Whereas with 3pc-T/1-G each upgrade will not hinder you at all. Gloves Acc, doesn't affect 3pc. Chest 100WP vs 20WP from the Taritas chest, boots evasion then activates boss 3pc, then helm lastly. Honestly, in terms of a gear build for moving into boss armor, it works perfectly.