• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] Patch Notes - March 11th

279 posts in this topic

Posted

dont be stupid, it will support gold sellers selling ITEMS and SETS for real money. god use your brain

Yep, because a +0 set it really is worth 90 euros, and not 100k of in-game silver, REALLY!

Posted (edited)

You're joking right?  They don't just push a button and *Voila! More armor meshes and textures!*

Someone has to actually make them.  Which can take days if not weeks, depending on detail and approval from their bosses.

On top of that, I feel it is a rather low priority compared to some of the other things that need attention.

To be completely fair, though, I wouldn't mind more variety in the cash shop, though I probably won't buy any outfits until the prices are a bit lower.  Cute witch clothes please!

There's already a ton of outfits (in cash shop of course) on the KR version, so honestly it probably wouldn't take much more than the click of a button to implement. Also it'd be nice if all the outfits weren't cash shop bound, as BDO NA is b2p while KR and everywhere else is f2p, so the cash shop bound outfits make sense there, and the severely overpriced cash shop outfits over here make no sense. Hopefully they change this, it may help keep the game from dying within a couple of months.

Edited by Emforay

Posted (edited)

Woo, patch notes.

Due to the increased "goldseller" population, we are beginning to put systems in place to suppress their market.

Players were able to abuse an exploit that allowed trading any amount of silver it through Potions. 
Payer A could purchase potions, trade them with Player B and B could sell them back to the NPC to gain silver out of it. (or other items)

• Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC, nor used for professions such as crafting/alchemy/cooking anymore (character bound)

• Previous statement about energy consumption for Channel Chat has been removed; this did not change and remains same as it was before.
1st message = 1 energy, consecutive messages within 10 seconds from previous one have increased energy
We will monitor this closely and determine whether or not to change this in the future.

I never traded with anyone before and up to this point so this doesn't affect me at all; increased energy for consecutive energy is fine because it should not be much of a problem to people who have more than ~50 energy and it keeps people from spamming be it arguments or just bot spam. (thanks for increasing the character limit to 350 too!)

Thank you for doing your best to thwart the RMT population, Daum.

Monsters

• EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.

Have the EXP valves been lowered by a large margin or just enough to suit the levels in which we can fight them so fighting just a handful won't give bursts of EXP? I'm okay with this, I just hope the EXP valve hasn't been crippled enough to where we have to spend several weeks or longer killing them just to surpass them.

Thanks a ton for your support in making this game better for your player-base, Daum.
Please keep up the momentum and don't let any naysayers hinder it~

(Eagerly waiting for patch notes mentioning future season 4, new outfits, and Merv's Palette.)

large.gif

Edited by Fi
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know why they couldn't just have a GM  in control of 2-3 channels that's dedicated to perma-baning gold sellers as soon as they spam on chat, or at least create some sort of program that targets unusual spam in general ( -,^,%,.com, odd spacing every other letter) and lets them review it to see if it's a legitimate gold seller or not. Or you know, not effing charge 30 energy for people to request a chat ban (I'd be okay with 15) so the gms could get the info they need and boot the people that don't belong on this game.

Posted

Anyone else having problems getting the map to work today?

Posted

Great job, keep it up!

Posted (edited)

How long until the NA/EU will be patched to match the content of Korean servers?

Edited by AJFWG

Posted

Cant believe you guys did not solved the "Billing System Error" issue that so many of us have when trying to buy Daum Coins.... And no, changing Browser and clearing cookies does

not work for alot of ppl like 

It might not be on their but yours.

Some banks have a block where you can't make purchases outside the US I know my bank had that on mine had to have it removed 

Posted (edited)

WOW, Such a good job. I don't see any gold spammers in channel chat anymore!!!

Sarcasm, for those of you who remember what that is...

Edited by CrowX2M

Posted

And you should NOT quote the entire CM's post.

wanted to get my point clear ;P

Posted

I find it funny that some of the higher ranked guilds have gold sellers as members spamming chat and when whispered with information about it they defend them if you ain't against them you are one of them i suggest be careful who you invite.

Posted

This system prevents from Golldselling perfectly, let us trade all items in game in this manner.

But it won't prevent player A from paying player B $15 for item X

If the intent is to just buy an item, then that can still happen this way.

I think trading is necessary in an MMO if you want to be able to help your guildmates. Maybe a trading system that require both players be in the same guild for 5 days (just a passing thought, I haven't analyzed this in my head too much). It's so frustrating that I can't chop some ash timber and give it to a pal to help him build his fishing boat, etc.

That said, thank you to the CM team and the Devs for passing along much improved patch notes this time !

Posted

• EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.

Very bad decision. Why? Do you want to make those that no-lifed until now & achived lvl 54/55 gods? You literarly made those that are not lvl 55 even weaker compared to those that are, by lowering thier chances at competing. @CM_Jouska That's a very bad decision.

By lowering the spawn timer on these mobs they increased the spawn rate. so they HAD to lower the xp in proportion to keep it balanced.
Now because there will be more of the mobs to farm more often it is overall its a net gain for the players farming them into oblivion.

The phrasing for "lowered spawn time" is backwards in the OP what they mean is they shortened it. and for at least the Elite Warriors they shortened it by 24hours. so a slight xp drop for 2x the monster spawn rate seems fair to me.

Posted

so in regards to the trading system, you guys are literally taking the whole im punishing all of you for the transgressions of the few. with the lack of player to player trading there becomes less of a point to the crafting system in its entirety. i mean i understand that its to prevent gold sellers but there is a better way to do this.

Posted

Fix grabs. Nuff said.

Posted (edited)

Character limitation in the chat window will be expanded to 350

Why?

Edited by Ex_Seven

Posted

@CM_Jouska

Thank you very much for the update, the new patch notes were done very well and the details were good.

Id like to ask if there is any eta on the new areas been open or new items being added to the item shop, i played a little on the korean servers while i was there traveling and miss some of the other pets and outfits they had on sale there.

Also thank you for the update on the information about pet bugs.

Can i also request a recommendation for a horse tame event, seeing how the server are always crowed its been hard to find a horse to tame with the flood of people after launch, so was thinking a boost on respawn times might help people to catch their own.

thank you for your time and keep up the good work, beware of trolls they not just mythical creatures

Posted

Issues/Bugs

• Fixed the issues that did not save changes made for Custom Quickslots
  • Fixed missing battle music
  • Fixed the issue where typhoons were not seen.
  • Fixed an issue with monsters not properly respawning

you should also fix the NPC Boats on the sea.

there are like 10 boats bugged at the same spot.

Posted (edited)

I'm not able to find the page to request name swap.... Could some one help me and explain how do it or link the page? I have understand it is for na account.... I have no one coupon in my eu account.... There is no way to do it? 

Edited by Ubas

Posted

I'm not able to find the page to request name swap.... Could some one help me and explain how do it or link the page? I have understand it is for na account.... I have no one coupon in my eu account.... There is no way to do it? 

I also don't see it, please help

Posted

Could u fix the blue dye because it all looks purple and i paid for blue not purple . 

Posted

+1 Daum! You guys are doing great!

Posted

• Character limitation in the chat window will be expanded to 350

I  don't know if this was a great idea. Most people will keep their chat boxes a small or normal size and when people use up a lot of characters in one message it takes up the entire chat box. This problem is even worse now that scammers/bots are spamming the chat channel constantly and using the entire character limit. On top of bots, there are also normal players abusing the character limit with really long guild recruitment messages. It's really annoying.

Posted

I understand that players who were on during a certain period will get a coupon for a name swap, but is there an option to name swap between two characters, sort of like a name change option? The reason why I'm asking is that eventually when new classes come out, I'd like to create a character in that class, but keep my current "name."

I don't want to just outright delete the old characters, however, as that's both a waste of time and experience (which I can use for crafting/trading etc.)

Posted

Due to the increased "goldseller" population, we are beginning to put systems in place to suppress their market.

Players were able to abuse an exploit that allowed trading any amount of silver it through Potions. 
Payer A could purchase potions, trade them with Player B and B could sell them back to the NPC to gain silver out of it. (or other items)

• Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC, nor used for professions such as crafting/alchemy/cooking anymore (character bound)

As expected, IT'S NOT WORKING! All you did was give the goldsellers 350 characters to SPAM THE CHAT MASSIVELY and fill our blockilist to the max (is there a max to block?)

There best way to fight goldsellers is very simple and can be done with 2 simple measures:
1, TRIAL ACCOUNTS (which they use) CAN NOT use worl chat
2. TRIAL ACCOUNTS CAN NOT /whisper other players unless they are in your guild or on your friendlist

All you have achieved now is to kill one of the major things that makes BDO a sandbox - 1:1 trading to help eachother out. Our guild can't do some of the guild quests that involve creating processed items anymore because we can't trade the pre-processed items to an other guildmember that still has enough energy.

5 people like this