• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] Patch Notes - March 11th

279 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol. You mean like the people who spend all day/every day trying to catch a beltfish, but find out that they needed a tongue sole instead with no indication of where one could be caught? Or the people who spend their time trying to get copper ore, only to find out that they needed copper ingot which can't be learned/discovered until you head into the next town? Also with no indication? 

Then you want to complain that I only care about my problem with the game only to then start complaining that I should care about other people's problems. Too funny.

This game doesnt play carebear. never has... probs never will. if you cant figure something out, move on to something else until you find info on it rather than deciding ON YOUR OWN to waste your entire day doing it then complaining about it. Much larger issues exist and will likely be addressed first. just how it is.

Posted

XP is already nerfed across the board, go on youtube and watch some videos of the KR version. its just nerfed even more now. and i really cant grasp why?

Yea they announced that XP from Korea to Here would be less, and we also do not have 200% or 300% XP weekend events like KR has.

Posted

Proper patch notes, excellent. Good job and thank you.

Posted

Hey, When I try to swap names of my characters I cannot select any name that is under the Orwen server. I am trying to switch names of my character from Edan and Orwen but the name from Edan only shows up. How do I get the name under the Orwen server to show? Does "same region" mean same server or NA? 

Screenshot (2).png

1 person likes this

Posted

We seriously need a /inv command for party invites.

And a way to see what channel other players are on when clicking on their name in the chat.

Posted

Wow, please don't nerf the droprates/exp more especially for people who didn't headstart, this is a big blow.

You should have gotten the head start huh?

Posted

L:atest update has broke the game for me. Getting an error code 2001, saying it failed to download.

Tried it at least 10 times, rebooted the PC too.

Same here, i really don't want to redownload, takes me 4 whole days... yey...

Posted

• Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC, nor used for professions such as crafting/alchemy/cooking anymore (character bound)

I agree on making these unsellable, however these items should still be tradable.  If a guild leader is given food/potions they should be able to distribute these to their guild.

Posted

I commend the effort you put forth to block gold spammers. I'm ok with the limitations put in place to break it... I don't like that it has to be done or what is effected, but love the reason for it. 

EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.

I appreciate the effort to help spread out the mob grinding points. Why reduce XP though? These guys are here for the loot drops in most cases. If we reduce the drop rate to where it's primarily an XP grinding location, people will move on.

Posted

Due to the increased "goldseller" population, we are beginning to put systems in place to suppress their market.

Players were able to abuse an exploit that allowed trading any amount of silver it through Potions. 
Payer A could purchase potions, trade them with Player B and B could sell them back to the NPC to gain silver out of it. (or other items)

• Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC, nor used for professions such as crafting/alchemy/cooking anymore (character bound)

OH COME ON! the one on one trading needed to be opened up MORE not further restricted! What's so wrong with helping guild buddies and friends craft things they want? The system forces you to do global self sufficiency, where you have to make all the materials you want to use. I just wanted to specialize in certain types of materials and provide those to my friends. 

1 person likes this

Posted

OH COME ON! the one on one trading needed to be opened up MORE not further restricted! What's so wrong with helping guild buddies and friends craft things they want? The system forces you to do global self sufficiency, where you have to make all the materials you want to use. I just wanted to specialize in certain types of materials and provide those to my friends. 

I feel  you on this - but as soon as they let those gold sellers in, this game becomes P2W. I hate that it's such a problem. Ruins good ideas and fun.

Actually! With all these updates for gold spammers - why not reduce the energy cost to request a chatban!? I've done it twice and it hurts... hard!! I probably wont use the feature again.

Posted

L:atest update has broke the game for me. Getting an error code 2001, saying it failed to download.

Tried it at least 10 times, rebooted the PC too.

I might have something that is helping. Check if the retarded Anti cheat is still open in your systemtray, the little X (white on blue). Close the program. It is starting to check files again at least. It was opening for me for some reason, but this helped.

Posted

Wait did i read this right? They are taking servers down for 5 hours this afternoon during peak hours? Really?

Posted (edited)

So to my understanding you guys are nerfing EXP because players put in too much hard work and time into leveling that they were too high level? You're punishing players for grinding too hard. This is punishing the 80% of players who chose to play the game thoroughly and giving an advantage to the 20% of players who already grinded hard to 50+. Terrible.

Edited by Harlequin
1 person likes this

Posted

Even less trading, yay....why don't you just make it to where traded items get a item debuff that negates the price of the item. things being untradeable is unnecessary...just keep money untradeable and you have nothing to worry about...

Posted (edited)

No.

Absolutely not.

The last thing we need is to give gold sellers more goods to trade to players for cash.

What IS needed is the ability to trade items 1:1 for the minimum marketplace fixed price.

That way I can buy the materials/ goods from my guildies without leeching off them completely, but still getting a great price. 

It still makes individual players put in effort on their part, but we don't have to deal with the hassle of waiting 15 minutes for the marketplace queue. (And being worried someone else will buy the low cost item before you)

I seriously think ALL trading should be set so that the minimum marketplace price is charged. Food, potions, a fishing rod, etc.

If players want to charge more than the marketplace minimum, they can still list their items through the marketplace. 

Further restrictions, like requiring a certain amount of guild contribution, could prevent abuse of this system. Make it something high that requires a guild member to have shown their loyalty to the guild. 

No gold seller will sink a month or two of guild contribution gameplay into ONE guild just to sell something to only its members.

Both people trading should be in the same guild, and both should have reached the "Trading Achievement" via guild contribution.

Edited by Vorkrunne
1 person likes this

Posted

Ninja nerf to fishing by velia...............

Some of the lack of trading between players is great, some not so much.  It is hard to work as a guild when you can't trade and help fellow guildies out.  I am all for limiting the gold sellers.

Posted

give us blader news!!! 

Posted (edited)

Dear Players,

In case you haven't read it yet:

We will perform an additional maintenance as follows:

Date: Friday, 11.03.2016

Duration: 5h

Server Down:

Server Up:

Global

09:00 UTC

14:00 UTC

West Coast (NA)

01:00 PST

06:00 PST

East Coast (NA)

04:00 EST

09:00 EST

Central (EU)

10:00 CET

15:00 CET

Initially we had planned this maintenance today for the 16th March, but due to some urgent issues that had to be addressed swiftly, we decided to push this maintenance before the weekend.

The following changes will be applied during this maintenance:

Event & System

• Character limitation in the chat window will be expanded to 350
  • Removed the case sensitive limitation during marketplace search
  • Added whisper notice sound. You can switch it off in your game setting menu

Class

• Berserker
    • Raging Thunder move distance has been increased.

• Valkyrie
    • Fixed the issue where Valkyrie was not holding a sword in character creation.

• Wizard/Witch
    • Fixed the issue where using Magical Shield also protected enemies.

Items

• Drop Rates for the following items from Field Boss Bundles has been increased.
    • Mark of Shadow from Giant Mudster
    • Tree Spirit Belt from Dim Tree Spirit
    • Tree Spirit Belt from Liverto Weapon Bundle
    • Liverto Weapon Bundle from Red Nose

• Drop Rates from the following field boss has changed.
    • Giant Mudster
    • Before
      • Resplendent Ruby
      • Resplendent Topaz
      • Resplendent Emerald
      • Resplendent Diamond
      • Seal of the Hunter
    • After
      • Magic Crystal of Infinity - Swiftness
      • Magic Crystal of Infinity - Storm
      • Magic Crystal of Infinity - Valor
      • Magic Crystal of Infinity - Memory
      • Seal of the Hunter (with slightly increased numbers at random)

Monsters

• Added additional <Violent> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warriors
  • Spawn times of the field bosses (Red Nose, Dim Tree Spirit, Giant Mudster) was lowered from 24-32 hr to 12-24 hour.
  • Spawn time for <Violent> Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, <Sturdy> Calpheon Shadow Guard, <Violent> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior was decreased.
  • EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.
  •  Item drop rate for <Violent> Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, <Sturdy> Calpheon Shadow Guard, <Violente> Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior was adjusted to lower the drop rate of boss summon scrolls and accessories.
  • Mask Owl has had its level decreased from 40 to 39.
  • The following monsters are now immune to attack/movement slowing debuffs.
    • Scarecrow Ghost
    • Cultist Warrior
    • Big Horn Triangle Head Salamander
    • Patrol
    • Swamp Fogan Warrior
    • Strong Altar Imp Trainer
    • Mine Imp
    • Altar Imp Fighter
    • Khuruto Fighter
    • Waragon
    • Contaminated Butcher
    • Ruins Golem
    • Giant Possessed by Black Spirit
    • Ruins Monster
    • Petrifying Foreman
    • Orc Test Subject
    • Saunil Commander
    • Giant Combatant
    • Fat Catfishman
    • Rhutum Elite Brawler
    • Green Orc Skeleton Warrior
    • Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior
    • Calpheon Shadow Guard

• The Liverto Staff (Wizard/Witch) was missing, because it was part of the Mediah Update in KR service. It has now been added to the drop of "Hexe Marie" (Boss Scroll)

UI

• Fixed the issue where the enhancement level was being displayed on the wrong spot when a Marketplace registration notification comes up.
  • You can open the knowledge window anytime now
  • Issue with the crop information window has been fixed (You could not open it before)

Quests

• Navigation added for the quest "Reyas's Request."
  • Navigation added for the quest "Margaret's Test #2."
  • Order for certain quests  has been changed to smooth leveling.
    • "Mask Owl Rumor"
    • "Big Muscle, Big Brain"
    • The quest "A Walking Bird?" was removed.

Issues/Bugs

• Fixed the issues that did not save changes made for Custom Quickslots
  • Fixed missing battle music
  • Fixed the issue where typhoons were not seen.
  • Fixed an issue with monsters not properly respawning

Ongoing Issues

• Serendia Issue from 1st day of head start; compensation is still being worked on.
  • Pet Breeding is disabled as the system is being revamped, once complete it will be enabled.

Due to the increased "goldseller" population, we are beginning to put systems in place to suppress their market.

Players were able to abuse an exploit that allowed trading any amount of silver it through Potions. 
Payer A could purchase potions, trade them with Player B and B could sell them back to the NPC to gain silver out of it. (or other items)

After maintenance we will also offer the coupon to NA players who played on the 28th February between 08:00 UTC (opening) and 18:00 UTC (fixing the Serendia Issue) to submit a request for a "Character Name Swap between 2 existing characters" (Coupon can be found in the ACCOUNT tab on the website)

• You may register your request on that page for swapping the names of two existing characters within the same region.
  • You must have two existing characters within the same region to be able to register a 'name swap'. 
  • Registration will open latest by end of 11th March and close  March 23rd at 08:00 UTC.
  • Name Swap will be applied on March 30th during the maintenance.
  • If a character, for which a 'name swap' has been registered is deleted within this process time, your request will fail and your coupon will be consumed.
  • Only one 'name swap' will be provided. A failed coupon will not be reimbursed.
  • Only your character's names will be swapped. This doesn't affect your character's progression.
  • Note: Please make sure the chosen names are correct. After your confirmation this process is irreversible!

Best regards

BDO Team

Great. Daum making BDO even less sandboxy. As if trading wasn't already bad. 

I refuse to believe you're okay with this as a fellow BDO player.

Edited by Master Chef

Posted

Hey, When I try to swap names of my characters I cannot select any name that is under the Orwen server. I am trying to switch names of my character from Edan and Orwen but the name from Edan only shows up. How do I get the name under the Orwen server to show? Does "same region" mean same server or NA? 

Screenshot (2).png

Exact same thing for me. lol.

Posted

Exact same thing for me. lol.

This seems like a bad practice. They should also compensate those who got placed in another server by offering a server switch with the  announced maintenance on the 30th. But it seems like "same region" is specific to server. I have all names visible if I chose to switch between the same server.

Posted

Yay! the small detail for case sensitive for market was "fixed" its great! xD

Posted

This seems like a bad practice. They should also compensate those who got placed in another server by offering a server switch with the  announced maintenance on the 30th. But it seems like "same region" is specific to server. I have all names visible if I chose to switch between the same server.

It works now!

Posted

Yay! the small detail for case sensitive for market was "fixed" its great! xD

Lol - something this small shouldn't be so great... but it is hahaaa. I keep forgetting caps and can never find anything!

Posted

all this is cool but gold spammer are still in the game spamming freely in the chat even with that..the question how are they making their money right now with even pots character bound and no trading what is going to be the next time? the game in general is ok but this is breaking my immerssion of the game just simply a plague that need to be burned. next step is what everything unsellebable and non-marketable ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VJ01Y7RseI

1 person likes this