• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] Patch Notes - March 11th

279 posts in this topic

Posted

Rushed a +15 Seleth staff to save up for Liverto upgrade. Later on learned Liverto staff wasn't in the game, so I decided to use my saved up 30 black stones on enchanting Yuria. Now I find out it's being added...

Why would anyone +15 a seleth? That's just a terrible move. +7 everything until yuria then go 15. You wasted tons of stones I'm sure

Posted

Gone!  I was waiting for a "rumored" fix for our lack of trading and we get this?

First, it was supposed to be "Family Bound" so we can at least put the few items we can trade in our warehouse so we don't take up inventory space. Now, they are character bound and we can't even use the items for crafting anymore? WTF?? 

Other stuff are nerfs also! They have completely destroyed what was left of a potentially great game for my entire family. I now regret even buying this game. I thought they would fix things but I see now they are going in a backwards direction. 

Daum ---- There are great ideas all over the forums for completely stopping gold sellers and opening up trading. Perfect ideas! But you choose not to implement them, almost like you WANT sellers and push us out of the game. Why?

I'll look in on the state of the game from time to time but I'll just put my money back in my wallet that I was going to use for Pearls. So will others I'm sure. You had a chance here to show us you care, but NO, you did not.

More than half of this game wants trading and there are solutions available. But you chose to further destroy trading for absolutely NO reason IF you were listening to the forums!

Good luck with the game . . . .

Who the ----- cares what you want -.-

This game was great before you showed up, let the developers do what they please. I like what I see, A LOT, so I trust they will take the time and choose the best option for them going forwards. 

1 person likes this

Posted

All this is good and all but some new costumes/outfits would also be nice.

Posted

• EXP amount gained from Fat Catfishman, Rhutum Elite Brawler, Green Orc Skeleton Warrior, Calpheon Shrine Elite Warrior, Calpheon Shadow Guard was lowered.

Very bad decision. Why? Do you want to make those that no-lifed until now & achived lvl 54/55 gods? You literarly made those that are not lvl 55 even weaker compared to those that are, by lowering thier chances at competing. @CM_Jouska That's a very bad decision.

You`re rewarding the players that account shared to level up until now, by making them gods in pvp, while it is against the rules to share your account, instead of baning them. GG

With this account bound thing, you guys should allow trading for a lot more items (well, kind of all items beside those that were encahnted aka only +0 can be traded). Right now, there is no reason to not do it, since there is no way to monitize anything that has been traded.

You could buy the items you need like blackstone off someone for real money. Still very exploitable. Agree with the exp reduction. 

Posted

Buy them now, level them and breed them later?

Who said the revamped breeding will still be the same?

Posted (edited)

As much as I'm against the goldsellers and stupid bots that are attracted to good games. You guys are seriously going about it wrong in every aspect. Your limitations are actually punishing team based players (like myself as I play with my gf all the time) by not allowing us to actively trade anything with each other. Yeah sure can still trade foods and potions....but to what purpose? Why even have a "trade" option if that's literally all you can trade and they are gained by almost every quest.....pointless. 

I'd rather see severe restrictions in the following ways (which still prevents goldsellers in every way):

1st make it so only friends can trade (must be friends for over 1 week to trade items other than potions/foods)

2nd make the stuff bound to the account (not character....) as I'm perfectly fine with that, even the no selling idea

3rd You should allow friends to trade up to say 50k silver to each other every week. While it's not much, it can really help out someone just starting (and with such restrictions as above no goldseller will really bother with it). This would be 50k total tradable, meaning even if a goldseller tried it....they'd only be hurting themself as each account can only trade such a tiny amount it'd be pointless. 

4th Maybe even restrict it to being in the same guild (they'd have to actually be in the guild for a week, be friends for a week, and limited to 50k a week for silver trading AND then any items traded would be bound and unsellable)

I seriously think those restrictions would do perfect, and as a result teamplay would be encouraged and it would kill these stupid goldsellers (at least for awhile till they figure a way around it as they always do eventually...). That's my thoughts on it anyway....otherwise if you're going to restrict it so harshly, just better off removing it entirely....

I mentioned a similar system in a previous thread. Players who play as a group are severely punished by the trading system. My girlfriend enjoys gathering while I enjoy crafting, and making it so traded goods can't be used for crafting is really rough.

That being said, the current restriction on trade works fine as a band-aid solution, discouraging goldselling and giving time for the Daum Devs to implement a proper solution to the problem. Hopefully things work out in the long run.

Edited by Calcas
2 people like this

Posted

This is one of the cleanest launches of any MMO I've ever played. You guys are doing a considerably great job handling everything. I have great hopes for Black Desert's future.

Posted

Let me give you a hypothetical though.  You know currently in the state of the game you can trade consumables with others, but now there is the trade-once limitation on this system.  I'm fine with this, as no one is going to buy like 500 beer off some website for $5.  However, on the flip-side of that, let's say I get a Yuria +15, what would stop me then from listing it anywhere and selling it for $100.  That doesn't seem right, does it?

There would be no way to regulate these kinds of trades, I could easily justify saying it was for my guild, and then people EVERYWHERE will be upset because someone just got a HUGE boost in their damage because they opened up their wallet.  There needs to still be some way to regulate what gets player traded, or RMT is going to go through the roof.  Everyone will be buying equipment online.

The only way I would like to see player "trade" to open up, is for guilds to have a "shared-craft" system.  Let's say I have a weapon's workshop in Calpheon and I need x amount of materials, I can send a request to my guild and they can have workers send items to that player's workshop.  This would give very basic items, or weapons to guild members which seems to be a fair trade system in my book, but also would require you to free up a worker, and have them move items from one town to another.  This actually puts a limitation in place, adds some work to it, and doesn't allow RMT nearly as much as just trading weapons and armor.

The above is all opinion, not fact, take it as you will.

I like your idea of using workers to move supplies for sharing - but would like to see it workable for clans and guilds (for those of us disinterested in the clans).  As for trading a +15 weapon for cash; well, personally, I'd like to see many more things tradeable, but *not* +X gear.  Ideally, we should be able to help each other build boats and wagons (not that there is much point in doing those things right now), or chuck the odd potato to a mate when he runs out during cooking, but not give massive artificial boosts to new players (swapping massive gear to our own characters is already doable, and is fine - but being able to hand off massive gear to new players is a bad idea, as you say).

Also, it would be fairly rudimentary for the devs to limit trading to only characters which have existed, and *played*, for a certain amount of time - to further limit the potential of new players just buying cool kit, and to limit gear farming/selling.

Posted (edited)

Due to the increased "goldseller" population, we are beginning to put systems in place to suppress their market.

Players were able to abuse an exploit that allowed trading any amount of silver it through Potions. 
Payer A could purchase potions, trade them with Player B and B could sell them back to the NPC to gain silver out of it. (or other items)

• Items traded 1:1 will become character bound and can not be sold anymore to the NPC, nor used for professions such as crafting/alchemy/cooking anymore (character bound)

You might as well disable trading altogether then. What is the point in allowing craft materials to be traded if they can't be used in crafting. Why don't you also start selling horses that you can't ride. This crack down on gold sellers is completely eliminating cooperative elements of gathering/crafting.

Here is how 1:1 trading should work...
- Your trade partner must be a friend or guild member.
-  (Friends) The market value of how much can be traded is directly tied to the length of time you have been friends with another player. Less than a month maybe 1000 silver per day, 2 months maybe 5000, etc...
- (Guilds) The market value of how much can be traded is directly tied to the length of time both traders have been in the guild. Or more specifically the newest of the two.
- (Party) Can only trade potions/buffs and become player bound.

This means even silver could be traded/given among friends/guild members.

Edited by centrifugal
4 people like this

Posted

if (name == jumbled_garbage) then {allowchannelchat == 0};

This would probably be a pretty simple way to prevent bots from creating characters since the character names are just underpaid chinese workers slapping their forehead on the keyboard during character creation.

At the same time, depending on how PA coded it, it may not be possible.

Also, quite a few legitimate players of this game seem to have created their names using that method :P

Posted

Still not implemented more variety in armor looks ? Shame on you. Do not turn this into the new ArcheAge (by not listening to your community)

Never going to happen, they're not going to add/modify models that aren't in the KR version.  Look poor, or PAY to look fabulous.  

Posted

Here is how 1:1 trading should work...
- Your trade partner must be a friend or guild member.
-  (Friends) The market value of how much can be traded is directly tied to the length of time you have been friends with another player. Less than a month maybe 1000 silver per day, 2 months maybe 5000, etc...
- (Guilds) The market value of how much can be traded is directly tied to the length of time both traders have been in the guild. Or more specifically the newest of the two.
- (Party) Can only trade potions/buffs and become player bound.

I like the distinction between party trading and friend trading in this post

Overall a good solution

Posted (edited)

I also noticed in the patch you stealthily changed Ashrogue's interest level from in the 40's to 23, which impacts my Yuria buying :\

But I see you also buffed Luolo Grebe so it's fine.

Edited by lione

Posted

Fix the grabs. Nuff said.

1 person likes this

Posted

Fix the grabs. Nuff said.

+1

Posted

Thank you for the patch notes, and the detail that went into them. Specifically to mention the transparency in some of the notes.

Personal thoughts on the Trading Locks -  frankly speaking I have never had any reason to trade items from one character to another unless I was selling something to them, or giving something away such as armor/weapons to a guild-mate; and with the trading system as it is, with prices basically set, it is not difficult to supply someone with a desired piece of equipment.   However, I do understand where others are coming from on a particular notion, and I agree, that instead of "Character Bound", the traded items should be "Family Bound"  so that they can be stored in your warehouse, wagon, horse, etc.   I see no downside to that particular change.

All in all it looks good, and I have no complaints.  Personally I find it refreshing to see a trade-locked system, and anything you can do to nullify gold-sellers is a blessing, even if it means a slight inconvenience to the masses.  In the long run, it will do more good than harm.

~Andy

Posted

OH COME ON! the one on one trading needed to be opened up MORE not further restricted! What's so wrong with helping guild buddies and friends craft things they want? The system forces you to do global self sufficiency, where you have to make all the materials you want to use. I just wanted to specialize in certain types of materials and provide those to my friends. 

Its not global self-sufficiency, you can still buy materials on the marketplace.  

Posted

You could buy the items you need like blackstone off someone for real money. Still very exploitable. Agree with the exp reduction. 

I have to say, they really messed up with the experience reductions. This whole "slow down, buddy" attitude from DAUM is discouraging progress to let casual players enjoy the game more. But what contradict this generous nerf which is in fact hurting more people than it's helping, is how the game was designed; this game requires TIME put in for you to progress. I couldn't agree more with both of you. All these progress deterrents need to STOP @CM_Jouska

I understand that there are plenty of places to level other than catfish, so not a big deal unless you plan on doing this with Mediah region also. This is my main concern with not saying anything.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned a similar system in a previous thread. Players who play as a group are severely punished by the trading system. My girlfriend enjoys gathering while I enjoy crafting, and making it so traded goods can't be used for crafting is really rough.

That being said, the current restriction on trade works fine as a band-aid solution, discouraging goldselling and giving time for the Daum Devs to implement a proper solution to the problem. Hopefully things work out in the long run.

I do agree we should somehow have more than one use for the consumables that are traded. The only problem is that people want trading more open, to "help" a new player, but completely ignore the fact that if this new player were to go through all the black spirit quests, and a couple town quests on their way to 50, then the game itself would be helping them (you also get blackstones from 50+ quests which are party encouraged, but doable with low tier gear). Point is, making 50k is too easy in the game for there to even be a reason to allow silver to be traded.

However, commutative crafting could be achieved in some form. "Friends for x days" and/or a "guild's warehouse" are good examples. Just keep in mind that trading was introduced by a majority rule (very diplomatic), and that crafting/alchemy makes a LOT of money in game, which is why its regulated so strictly.

Last thing:

A person could do alchemy/craft solo, and make lots of passive income later on, as more content is released. Meaning that this whole system could be ignored by PA since the game was NOT really designed to be this way.

Posted

some of the changes are nice..and some are making this more and more single player -_-. I really wish they would just let us trade, and the chat will now just be filled with bots only cause no one wants to use up their damn energy to talk in it, and the bots dont care.

Posted

Well... Now it's annoying more than before:

21kdu1w.jpg

Posted

i hope you can reconsider just making trade items family bound. but good work on stopping gold spammers!

Posted

Well... Now it's annoying more than before:

21kdu1w.jpg

I noticed that too. Prior to the patch, I only saw maybe 1. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, I am a NA players who played on the 28th February between 08:00 UTC (opening) and 18:00 UTC but I don't have the name exchange option under my account page. Please advise?

Posted

I mentioned i a following spot that trading for itms above +0 and blackstones should no be allowed. But ofc, removing trade all together is a lot easier than making it so blackstones can't be traded, indeed. A LOT easier. *facepalm*

Posted

Im not gonna read 11 pages of this post, but my launcher does not work after patching.. I cant log in. Is there a fix for this?

Thanx