• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No one wants to create ugly characters

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Beautiful characters everywhere. No one has the heart to create ugly looking characters

except for me, i made Garry Busey. Though it wasn't my intention

2016-03-05_19535530.JPG

busey-460_1014998a.jpg

2016-03-05_20138245.JPG

Posted

I see a lot of ugly characters.

But maybe because I don't share the common taste of creating manga cartoon dolls.

3 people like this

Posted

you could say that the character creation is, to an extent, limited to beautiful characters? i tried to make the most out of the tattoo system to create scars or burns but its not efficient and doesnt look at all that great.

Posted

you could say that the character creation is, to an extent, limited to beautiful characters? i tried to make the most out of the tattoo system to create scars or burns but its not efficient and doesnt look at all that great.

Yeah you can't even have fat or short people, while the character creator has a tonne of options, you're very restricted within those options

Posted

Yeah you can't even have fat or short people, while the character creator has a tonne of options, you're very restricted within those options

yes you can you  can make short or very ugly fat. lol

as for gary come on now hes a great actor and i love the guy

Posted (edited)

It's pretty easy to create ugly character - just roll the wheels in the editor in the extreme points and that's it. See them quite often.

It's arguably easy to create "just fine" character with a little bit of uniqueness - since mostly all standard faces are regular and respond "beauty standards" in general meaning small adjustment will add that uniqueness and won't spoil the picture.

But it's incredibly hard to create really beautiful/charming face that doesn't feel like a "standard face №105". And I found that it varies from class to class (for some it's a bit harder, for some it's a bit easier - just because there are some restrictions starting from hair models + their blueprint vertexes).

Edited by Dellecross

Posted

Back in the day of Xbox poker games, I used to see people create the most god-awful hideous characters ever. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a game.

Posted

i would say this game doesnt let you create "good bad looking characters"

basically mainly the lack of options like scars, burns, moes and dimples

and the severely lack of any tattoo that doesnt look tribal and options for freckles that goes beyond opacity, colour and positioning

basically, you cant create an ugly character that looks like how an actual ugly person would look

ugly characters in this game is basically characters who has their faces so skewed that they barely look human

Posted (edited)

THAT'S WHAT'S UGLY TO YOU?

Bro get on my level o.O 

2016-01-20_836122510.thumb.JPG.40e124326

Added these 2 incase that was too much trauma :D

Valk
 2016-02-28_-1908181171.thumb.JPG.c808912

Sorc
56e2c3385bb35_2015-10-27_135592865243_-6

Edited by KyrandisX
didn't want people to have a heartattack
1 person likes this

Posted

/thread

charactersB6.jpg

Posted

yes you can you  can make short or very ugly fat. lol

Try getting past 6 on this image for "fatness"

I+am+honestly+disgusted+by+obese+people+

I won't even say try to get a 9 because I know that's impossible

Posted (edited)

Your kidding right? I have seen some toons with faces that looks like a smashed crab. Once they upgrade there graphics card they will be like.... WOW I looked like that the whole time!

Capture.PNG

Edited by Amica

Posted

I'm more concerned by the lack of effort people make with the characters past the initial defaults. most are just recolors of those. Kinda sad really.

Posted

At least there was an option to add freckles, so I could make my Valkyrie extra cute instead of looking like a plastic doll.

Posted

----- you shiity forums posting my shit two times and pics i used for other posts .....

Posted (edited)

/thread

charactersB6.jpg

WTF!!??

2016-03-05_20150918.JPG

Edited by Jedite1000