• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Customer Support and You

289 posts in this topic

Posted

..."Greetings,

Thanks for staying in touch.

Posted (edited)

We detected the issue. Orwen and Uno were swapped in the selection for NA. (again NA... I know... :$

This has been fixed. Please use CTRL + F5 to refresh the page.

Confirmed working.  :) 

See I just saved you a shit ton of tickets..haha

Thanks again...

Edited by Faayberi

Posted

Is there a way to contact Support in game?  if not, could you post a link to the Support page?  Thanks

Posted

Automated messages are the way to go, really.  Good job setting that up.  No response is worse than an automated response.  At least with an automated "We received your ticket" message, you can limit the number of multiple same requests.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pfft, can't believe I saw somebody just say that.

I sure do like having my ticket closed before I have a resolution. I mean, do you like being sent to the back of the line without getting what you were waiting for?

Posted

Thank you so much for keeping us in the loop, and thank you for the amazing customer support team for putting up with the anger, the rage, the annoyance and the general impatience of the community! It's a thankless job, but we really appreciate you working as hard as you do.

Thanks for being awesome, guys!

1 person likes this

Posted

..."Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support and for your interest in Black Desert Online."...

Many of you have seen this message, or one just like it, in reply to your support ticket. This message may sound automated, or impersonal, but it carries the greetings, and the sincere thanks of a living, breathing person, who wants to help you with your problems, whether they be Gameplay related, or any one of a thousand other reasons you need to contact Customer Support for. Some of you have had to wait hours, to see this message, while others have waited days. It is for this reason that we, the Black Desert Customer Support Team, have chosen to share some information with you, to help explain the silence, or what may seem to you like uncaring, customer support.

My name is GM Cairag, and I am only one of the people who makes up the Community Support Team. Like most of you, I am an avid gamer, and I am very passionate about Black Desert Online, both from a personal and professional standpoint. It is my hope that I can turn that passion into a way to better assist you, the players, when you have questions, or concerns that bring you to Customer Support.

When we first began the process of introducing Black Desert Online to the NA/EU market, we had high hopes for the game’s popularity, and its ability to draw players into a myriad of complex, creative and, sometimes, confusing content. Your interest in this game outpaced our wildest projections. Thank you, for sharing the passion and excitement that we all feel for Black Desert. We are glad you decided to join this game, this community, however, there are significantly more of you than there are of us. This means that, as thousands of tickets are pouring in every day, we are unable to keep up. We are trying our best to get to your ticket, to address and fix your problem because you are important to this community, and we want to help you.

Even though it goes against everything we believe in as a Customer Support Team, we have had to utilize automated messages, and mass replies to get information to you. The issues during Early Access and Launch contributed heavily to this. Additionally, the issues players have been having with game access, payment failures, and refund requests have been getting a large portion of our attention.

Test_3.PNG.c04bd2c24292997e5369e1006cd5b

So, in the interest of full disclosure, here are some of the issues and concerns we feel the need to be addressed by our team, to make your gaming and support experience in Black Desert Online better:

• Frequent use of Automated Messages and Mass Replies

• Long Wait Times for Ticket Responses

• Unanswered Questions

• Lack of GM Exposure to the Community

Many of you may be asking yourselves how are we going to address these issues, and whether our methods are going to make a difference in your personal experience. First, we are significantly increasing the size of our Customer Support Team. There will always be significantly more of you, than there will be of us, but more GMs mean more people to answer your questions, and help to solve your problems, so we can get you back in game, doing what you love. We also plan to expand our Helpdesk Articles. As many of you may have noticed, some are a little outdated. It is our intention to remove outdated, or inaccurate information, and replace it with more helpful, informative content, so that you can get the answers you need without waiting on a response directly from us.

Those of you who are waiting for us to process requests, or investigate an issue further, or even review our internal policies, we have not forgotten you. You have not gotten lost in the system. We are here. All of the problems we face can be solved, and we will have answers for your unanswerable questions. Please just be patient with us a little bit longer, these changes will take time. Give us the chance to make your experience with Customer Support a better one.

Test2.jpg

Thanks for the post. I hope the customer service team bulks up and is able to address everyone's issues faster.

I am on 8 days with two, clearly automated, replies that have nothing to do with my issue. It is one thing to take so long to get a real reply, but automated replies that have nothing to do with the issue at hand and attempt to close my issue is throwing salt in the wound. Especially since the 2nd reply was after my reply clearly stating 5 times, that the first reply has nothing to do with my issue. 

The only automated message that should be sent out is one that says "We haven't forgotten about you, we have a lot of tickets and are doing our best to get to yours". Any other message, especially ones that close issues automatically, are horrible customer service and should be stopped ASAP.

1 person likes this

Posted

@GM_Cairag Thank you very much for keeping us informed. I have one question that should really be answered that is probably on the minds of a few people. If people are having issues that involve pearls/Cash shop items and the ticket was not answered before the sale is over then they are kinda being forced out of this benefit that many other people are getting. Will anything be done for those people who have an issue like that such as Personally discounted prices when their ticket gets noticed. I ask because I am holding onto my pearls right now due to what my ticket is about.

Posted (edited)

My ticket was open two weeks ago...closed...I updated it to re-open it...was closed again.

Created a new ticket (which was assigned to GM-Tokaji- the newest incarnation being 11 days old now.

Even sent a pm on the forums to Jouska, Belsazar, and later added Tokaji as he was assigned to my ticket.

NO RESPONSE WHATSOEVER.

At this point I'm ready to go above and beyond a simple refund request and start filing fraud claims.

Ticket #'s are 19422 and 31623 respectively.

Edit: Now going to add Cairag in the vain hopes someone at Daum will behave professionally.

Edited by Rahvin
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

OMG an official reply to the community. I thought I would never see this. 

Dear GM's and/or dev team: Many of us are still having major issues with crashing due to a "File Corrupt" error. While many of us may have other issues, this is the one that is most pressing to us. We just want to be able to log in and play. Beyond that, well, that's secondary to everything else. We have been sending in support tickets about these errors. Please address them asap. Thank you in advance.

Edit: We already know and have tried -
-Setting to admin
-Exclusion with antivirus software
-Deleting .dat files
-Deleting the game and reinstalling it
-Many, many other potential fixes. The problem continues. Effects many versions of windows, drivers and computer specs. Nothing in common.

filecorrupt.jpg

Edited by Stabby
1 person likes this

Posted

I still have a ticket with no replay of more than a week old ID: 40381    How is this possible -.-  you need hire more GMs to share work to get quick response on tickets. 

Hope a response on my ticket. 

Thank you. 

Regards.

Posted

1728fee2b5a96593d5a754a7dcfad0e2.thumb.g

Posted

I'm having the same issue, Orwen characters aren't showing up, Edan characters are showing up.

I have the identical issue with Orwen characters not showing up. Edan works tho (the server my main with the wrong name is on)

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'm getting close to the refund option, even though all of my friends play this game and I love it too. I bought a Conqueror's Package on Feb 25th, redeemed it on Feb 28th, tried to get my items 20 minutes into launch, never received them. To this day, more than two weeks in, I still don't have them. I filed a ticket on February 29th. Nobody has replied to that ticket. I've kept it open and going. I post on it daily to make sure it doesn't go away, even though it's a one-way chat so far. Again, it's two weeks old. 

Hell, I've had one of your CMs assure me that three maintenances ago (!), I'd have my items. I didn't. Another time, in the Head Compensation thread, I was re-assured that your team would look at my issue "right away". Nothing was done. I've sent PMs to both your CM and PMs. To no avail.

At this point, given that I've paid 100$ for several things I have never received, I'm getting very close to asking for a refund and buying a regular 30$ package instead. I'm hoping - against reason it'd seem - that this here thread finally gets some GM attention.

Ticket #24739.

N.B: Also - and it almost goes without saying - I received the wrong compensation package. Which, at this point, feels almost inadequate, given that I'm two weeks without my pre-ordered items and I'd be receiving the same compensation as people who've been two days without them. But hey, I wouldn't mind at least getting it.

Edited by Ulfnaor
3 people like this

Posted

Sorry for the mistake in the first place. I begin to understand the main advantage of Megaserver. At least from my perspective :ph34r:

@GM_Cairag Could anyone please reset my outfit claim, been stuck with a Ranger pre-order outfit for my Sorceress for 12 days now since first day of headstart.

It's really frustrating paying 100€ for the Conqueror's Package partially for that outfit then to not even be able to use it, I was certain I picked Sorceress outfit when I claimed it. I got the Sorceress amulet and talisman.

Ticket: 20783

Family: Dankest

Posted

Personally, I'm getting close to the refund option, even though all of my friends play this game and I love it too. I bought a Conqueror's Package on Feb 25th, redeemed it on Feb 28th, tried to get my items 20 minutes into launch, never received them. To this day, more than two weeks in, I still don't have them. I filed a ticket on February 29th. Nobody has replied to that ticket. I've kept it open and going. I post on it daily to make sure it doesn't go away, even though it's a one-way chat so far. Again, it's two weeks old. 

Hell, I've had one of your CMs assure me that three maintenances ago (!), I'd have my items. I didn't. Another time, in the Head Compensation thread, I was re-assured that your team would look at my issue "right away". Nothing was done. I've sent PMs to both your CM and PMs. To no avail.

At this point, given that I've paid 100$ for several things I have never received, I'm getting very close to asking for a refund and buying a regular 30$ package instead. I'm hoping - against reason it'd seem - that this here thread finally gets some GM attention.

Ticket #24739.

N.B: Also - and it almost goes without saying - I received the wrong compensation package. Which, at this point, feels almost inadequate, given that I'm two weeks without my pre-ordered items and I'd be receiving the same compensation as people who've been two days without them. But hey, I wouldn't mind at least getting it.

I think the first wawe of refunds will clean their slowpoke`s little brain. As for DAUM i just have one question- if you seen how much pre orders and normal packgages was sold- why dont you took more ppl for your support service? Feels like all of this mad amount of tickets was answered by 2,5 poor guys.

Posted

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be using this thread as a way to mention your ticket and jump the queue. Support forum's thataway, everyone. Oh well.

I, for one, never had many doubts about the support team, and suspected there was an issue with team size for a while now. It's a little known fact in the MMO world that a major factor in an MMO's success is actually in the size of that team.

As for DAUM i just have one question- if you seen how much pre orders and normal packgages was sold- why dont you took more ppl for your support service? 

I can probably answer that one for them. Hiring people takes time, and you can't fight that.

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the post. I hope the customer service team bulks up and is able to address everyone's issues faster.

I am on 8 days with two, clearly automated, replies that have nothing to do with my issue. It is one thing to take so long to get a real reply, but automated replies that have nothing to do with the issue at hand and attempt to close my issue is throwing salt in the wound. Especially since the 2nd reply was after my reply clearly stating 5 times, that the first reply has nothing to do with my issue. 

The only automated message that should be sent out is one that says "We haven't forgotten about you, we have a lot of tickets and are doing our best to get to yours". Any other message, especially ones that close issues automatically, are horrible customer service and should be stopped ASAP.

This is support in a nutshell. I've worked in support for a long time and when your dealing with problems on a large scale and have sent out several hot fixes to resolve some of them then you need a system to attempt to clear out the majority of the tickets so you can focus down on the ones that are still issues. 

If they send the automated message... simply reply and have the ticket reopen. Don't make a new ticket.. don't fret. Give them time. If you worked at Starbucks and had a team of 5 highly trained and awesome baristas and then 24,000 people all ordered a 15 min drink you'd be freaking out too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be using this thread as a way to mention your ticket and jump the queue. Support forum's thataway, everyone. Oh well.

I, for one, never had many doubts about the support team, and suspected there was an issue with team size for a while now. It's a little known fact in the MMO world that a major factor in an MMO's success is actually in the size of that team.

I can probably answer that one for them. Hiring people takes time, and you can't fight that.

Support forums cover technical issues, in-game bugs and quest/localization problems. Not missing pre-ordered items, afaik. 

As far as the size of their team goes, while hiring takes time, they had plenty of time to adjust and predict that they would need a larger team. They announced on February 15th that they had already sold over 300,000 pre-order packages. From there, they had solid data to predict roughly how many players would join in. 

Fact of the matter is that they hoped that everything would go smoothly. Now they're swamped and can't even get through tickets that were filed less than 24 hours after the game was launched, more than two weeks ago. That's on them.

I'm a reasonable customer. I'm more than willing to give them some slack and room to breathe, but two weeks without more than 60$ of items I paid for - items whose value was largely time-sensitive by the way - is inexcusable. Especially when all they have to do to solve my issue is to reset my coupons. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Test2.jpg

mfw only the top shelf is red bull

i kid but hopefully this means good things

Edited by stan

Posted

This is support in a nutshell. I've worked in support for a long time and when your dealing with problems on a large scale and have sent out several hot fixes to resolve some of them then you need a system to attempt to clear out the majority of the tickets so you can focus down on the ones that are still issues. 
If they send the automated message... simply reply and have the ticket reopen. Don't make a new ticket.. don't fret. Give them time. If you worked at Starbucks and had a team of 5 highly trained and awesome baristas and then 24,000 people all ordered a 15 min drink you'd be freaking out too.

Also if you think about the community of this game that we all play with just think about how helpless a lot of them are. Not only are they probably getting duplicate tickets but if you look at a lot of questions asked in channel chat over and over and over again you get to see just how many of the people that play this game will refuse to look into anything. They will not read information that has been given to them before unless they directly ask for it, and about half of them don't appear to know they have a web browser it seems. If any of you have been here since conq release then you should all see how mad/upset the people who have answered these hundreds of times. While yes not a lot of the information was given to us on a lot of things their has been a lot of information given to us that people will just flat out ignore.
tl;dr: they are probably getting tons of duplicate tickets/tickets about questions that have been answered in forum post. while it may not be insanely taxing to send out an automated response to most of these tickets, assuming they read them before they send it, it would still be taxing to read the same thing over and over and over again.

1 person likes this

Posted

no time for tickets lads, to busy bathing in pools of liquid gold and lighting Cigars off 500 euro notes...

1 person likes this

Posted

I figure this will make it more likely to get noticed. You guys need to literally have people watching the chats.. in Orwen right now we have people using EVERY SINGLE character to fill up the entire chat. This is why we can't have nice things. They need to be banned from chat but I'm not wasting 30 energy points for doing your guy's job. At least lower the energy it costs.. I am trying to work on my crafting and gathering.

Posted

Love posts like this. Keep it up guys :)