• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Going negative karma (red) is like your worst nightmare

224 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, i'm here to talk about my experience as a red 50 wizard (-605k karma) and i can tell you that IT'S HELL!!

Let's start by telling you how i've got this karma: At the beginning, i was at +300k because i don't PK and stuff...a good player. When i started grinding for witch's earing, some players started stealing my mob packs that i gather to kill at once after...so of course i'm mad, i flag and boom GT*O, then i continue grinding.

After 3 days i was at like 160k+ karma, pretty much fine karma, i was 50.90 then so i decided to do my dailies at catfish and go for 51, i started grinding, suddenly a warrior starts stealing my packs, i change the place then he follows me again and again, of course like above, i'm mad, i flag and boom GT*O. The problem is, he was not alone, so i ended up killing 2 of his teammates because my black spirit rage was at 100%, now because they were 5 grinding, the 2 others come to help, and i'm still flaged so i f*cking rapped them and flaged off.

Now here is the tricky part wich disturbes me so f*cking much: killing 5 means 5 x 60k = -300k, so i'm red now, but i still don't know what that means, they came back the 5 of them, and remember i'm flagged OFF, and they can attack while they are flagged OFF too, so i was thinking, well i'll f*ck them up i can't lose more karma because logicaly i'm flagged OFF, but here the surprise: I CAN'T TOUCH THEM !!! THEY ARE ATTACKING ME AND I CAN'T ATTACK BACK, so the only solution is i flag on and i f*cking ----- them again, and just by doing that to defend myself, i've got -300k karma AGAIN, then i check my karma and WTF?? -650k HOLLYSHIT.

So that was the story, let's talk about how the life change: 

- I can't afk anymore, so RIP afk fishing and any other afk activities

- I can't go to capitals to get my materials and store my drops or doing whatever i normaly do without been attacked by guards and players that you CAN'T ATTACK BACK unless you flag on to LOSE MORE KARMA

- I must grind like ALL THE TIME, the maximum karma i get for now is 64 + 3% karma gem on head = 65, 650k divided by 65= 10 000 mobs to kill, and while grinding, players attacking me and killing me just because they won't lose SH*T from that...so i need a secret grinding spot that gives 65 karma per kill...figure that out if you can!

- When i'm attacked my only option is to run, like a f*cking wizard would be able to run in 1v1. Remember i can't ATTACK BACK, so i must run or die = lose 2% exp + all my 600k-1M worth gems broked + drops from my bag....

So yeah, you feel like, i can't play this caracter anymore (of course if you didn't chose to be a red player), let's hear from you guys, and please players who come to cry and say bad things, don't comment, it's a discution about, in my opinion, an imblanced system.

Update: even if someone flagged ON is attacking you, you can't attack him back unless you flag ON too!! WTF

Edited by PyreX
Updates
24 people like this

Posted (edited)

It seems to be working as intended. I only see the max negative karma being an issue. -900k is ridiculous

No, no it isn't. 

This is called collective punishment, where every single player is treated the same as a PKer griefer, even if you're just defending yourself, you're a bad guy. 

Edited by j0hnt2
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

It seems to be working as intended. I only see the max negative karma being an issue. -900k is ridiculous

So being attacked while you can't attack back is normal and intended? to defend your self from assulting player you must lose more karma is normal? people killing killers in real life is normal, then i must kill every criminal i see in real life and i would not be a considered as a killer or a serie killer? Hell f*cking nor !

Edited by PyreX
typing faults...
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

i'm mad, i flag and boom GT*O,

then i continue grinding.

R.I.P.

Edited by Grevier
1 person likes this

Posted

The lesson here is dont PvP. Ever.

Lol if they dont change anything about this BDO will burn faster than Archeage.

11 people like this

Posted

There's nothing much to do, people should learn to dose their Karma.

Anything else would transform the game into Far West where everyone constantly kills everyone and nobody would be able to play unless in major hardcore guilds.

Posted

You were in negative karma, thats your fault for being a fool and killing 5 people for a farming spot. Some people have to learn its a bad idea to stick a fork in an electrical socket the hard way such as yourself

if you know how to analyse things, you would understand that i was intending to kill 1, and it became 10...can argue with people hating PKs anyone.

Lol if they dont change anything about this BDO will burn faster than Archeage.

That's exactly what is disturbing, why making a system if you should never ever use it. Don't make it in the first place...

There's nothing much to do, people should learn to dose their Karma.

Anything else would transform the game into Far West where everyone constantly kills everyone and nobody would be able to play unless in major hardcore guilds.

There is something to do, allow me to f*cking defend myself so at least i can get my karma back, do you know how many time a red player get assulted? all the f*cking time, in ever f*cking corner in the f*cking map, i'm alone vs the entire world(server), i'm not a player anymore,  i became a lonely grinder.

They can reduce the karma max, why positive is +300k and negative is -1M ? 

2 people like this

Posted

Sounds like you had an anger issue that started all of this. Now deal with it.

15 people like this

Posted

If u want to have pvp in this game u need a guild. If u dont have suitable play times for guilds then u dont pvp. Thats it. Small scale pvp without guilds is getting rare right know (due to the karma system that got figured out by now)

the only ones who rlly attack others are ppl that are leaving and enjoying their last rampage *lol

also got on a good fight for a spot and had to kill 2 warriors..  and when i saw the punishment for something that happens on a daily basis in other MMOs.. ( with the words of PyreX) "HOLLYSHIT"

Posted

And you decided to kill those 10, you act like the victim here when you started it all. Deal with the consequences

Sounds like you had an anger issue that started all of this. Now deal with it.

Normaly i don't respond to this kind of useless comments, i'm not telling you my life, i'm talkin about the imbalanced PK system and trying to give a clear view to you.

Let's clarify things to people of your kind ( that i don't want to call "retardeds"):

1- I'm NOT A PK, i'm not a PK FUN and I HATE PK with NO REASON

2- I'm not talking about me, i'm not asking you to give opinions about me, i'm focusing on the PK system

3- Read the f*cking story, i was trying to get my mob pack, i ended up killing 3 instead of 1 because they were in my AOE and i didn't see them, then it escalated so quickly.

"And you decided to kill those 10" this is a PvP game sir, you get attacked, you don't run you fight, "you act like the victim here when you started it all" how dafuq do you understand things sir? where do you see me saying i'm a f*cking victim? i BECOME the victim once i'm RED, because every one can attack me and i must flag myself to attack them, wich means MORE KARMA TO LOSE.

Seriously, if you can't use your head, please don't comment...last time i'll respond to this kind of comments, peace.

4 people like this

Posted

This last comment of yours I guess made all of us happy about your current state.

Karma is Karma indeed.

6 people like this

Posted

This system is broken as hell. Actually my guest pass expires and this moronic PvP holding back me from buy this game. Seems like I have to stay in Lineage 2...

1 person likes this

Posted

This last comment of yours I guess made all of us happy about your current state.

Karma is Karma indeed.

The only missing thing is the karma system in my opinion, is that if you are red, you must be able to attack people who are attacking you even if you and they are not flagged. The rest of karma is system is fine by me :)

2 people like this

Posted

Nothing pisses me off more than when you are grinding in an area and rounding up some mobs and some tool swoops in and drops and AoE.

When I first read about the open world PvP in BDO I was very excited about it. Now, after reading your story and many others like it....I am not so excited :(

I am still a few levels away before I can see first hand, from the sounds of things outside of sieges PVP isn't exactly a welcomed thing here at BDO. 

3 people like this

Posted

You make an alt for PK. End of the story.

Posted

Yepp OP. The system sucks balls.

Posted

Ok discovered new thing if someone if interested, i'm at -352k karma now, and finally i'm safe in capitals, only guards attacking me now in safe zones, now i can go feed my workers and do what i usualy do in capitals....i'm not sure if it's -355k or some less ^^

Posted

That's too much (a ridiculous amount indeed) of a penalty to for killing so low of an amount of player. 

My suggestion of changes would be to lessen up the penalty and also the experience lost when being attacked and killed from a player.

Posted

There are spots you can grind 2k mobs an hour in a 2 man party.

Posted (edited)

There's really nothing that's going to be done about it currently.  They've already proposed a new pvp and flagging system that will resolve most of these issues, such as you being able to defend yourself without losing additional karma.  Changes are already in the works, but will take time to get here because Daum will likely apply those changes to all versions at the same time.  They've also categorically rejected any temporary ideas like lowering karma amounts received (they could always change their stance, but that's last we heard) because they fear it will increase more PK/Griefing action and they're already dealing with players who are complaining about having to potentially PvP at all.  So at this point it's a waiting game for those changes. 

Until that time, you basically gotta decide if playing the game is worth it to you as a primarily PvE carebear title.  People will be able to get all up in on ya and if you do anything about it then you're largely going to be severely punished for it.  This is the stance I've taken with the game currently as I don't got time for that -1 million karma nonsense with the current system in place and just stick to farming PvE and building up my account.  Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it now, try to grind it back.

Since I also use a Wizard at this I'm kinda surprised you have problems farming/stealing mobs from other players however, as any single other player (except another Wizard) or gorup of players I tend to shit all over them in terms of damage and can easily take any group/pack I want.  Also if people really on your nuts, just start pulling/killing mobs 2-3 at a time instead of massive packs and there ain't crap they can do about it. 

Edited by Kodiak
1 person likes this

Posted

if you know how to analyse things, you would understand that i was intending to kill 1, and it became 10...can argue with people hating PKs anyone.

That's exactly what is disturbing, why making a system if you should never ever use it. Don't make it in the first place...

There is something to do, allow me to f*cking defend myself so at least i can get my karma back, do you know how many time a red player get assulted? all the f*cking time, in ever f*cking corner in the f*cking map, i'm alone vs the entire world(server), i'm not a player anymore,  i became a lonely grinder.

They can reduce the karma max, why positive is +300k and negative is -1M ? 

boom gtfo.rekt lel.

Posted

There's really nothing that's going to be done about it currently.  They've already proposed a new pvp and flagging system that will resolve most of these issues, such as you being able to defend yourself without losing additional karma.  Changes are already in the works, but will take time to get here because Daum will likely apply those changes to all versions at the same time.  They've also categorically rejected any temporary ideas like lowering karma amounts received (they could always change their stance, but that's last we heard) because they fear it will increase more PK/Griefing action and they're already dealing with players who are complaining about having to potentially PvP at all.  So at this point it's a waiting game for those changes. 

Until that time, you basically gotta decide if playing the game is worth it to you as a primarily PvE carebear title.  People will be able to get all up in on ya and if you do anything about it then you're largely going to be severely punished for it.  This is the stance I've taken with the game currently as I don't got time for that -1 million karma nonsense with the current system in place and just stick to farming PvE and building up my account.  Unfortunately there's not much you can do about it now, try to grind it back.

Since I also use a Wizard at this I'm kinda surprised you have problems farming/stealing mobs from other players however, as any single other player (except another Wizard) or gorup of players I tend to shit all over them in terms of damage and can easily take any group/pack I want.  Also if people really on your nuts, just start pulling/killing mobs 2-3 at a time instead of massive packs and there ain't crap they can do about it. 

That's pretty much it, i agree with of that. About the mobs, killing 2-3 at time is a huge lost in time, it uses the same amount of mana that you would use for killing 10-12, and i don't fight for the spot, i fight for my mobs, people waiting me to gather them and they attack them, why don't they attack the mobs just next to the ones that i pulled (these kind of people makes 20% of the server now)

Posted

They've also categorically rejected any temporary ideas like lowering karma amounts received (they could always change their stance, but that's last we heard) because they fear it will increase more PK/Griefing action and they're already dealing with players who are complaining about having to potentially PvP at all.  So at this point it's a waiting game for those changes.

I can not understand this decision. The game already lost incredible amount of players in KR exactly because the game does not offer anything except PvP while the PvP system is broken. Not PK/Griefing actions they should afraid, but fact people are bored/pissed off because of this system.

Posted

I agree that you should be allowed to defend yourself if attacked without losing karma.

Having said that, I think the OP took it too far to begin with. If balling up mobs is not working due to kill-stealing, you change tactics and work smaller groups.

Also, satisfy yourself once by killing someone, then move on or change channels.  No point in dwelling on it, get your kill in and move on

Posted

So, is the pvp system from the top of the forum NOT implemented yet?

Because it sounds like if it was, this wouldn't be a problem.