• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Going negative karma (red) is like your worst nightmare

224 posts in this topic

Posted

This is why I don't like flagging. This group at Susan kept flagging and killing the weakest in the party 3vs1. It's was seriously pissing me off so I flagged to help him killed two and my karma goes to 150k... Huh??? Is it based off level? If a 51 kills a 50 does it take more off?

Posted

OP chose to PK and now he has to grind off the karma and play nice, boo hoo?

Would the OP care to explain how so many people have hit 55-57 without having the same problem as him?

Posted

I am outlaw witch at Minus 1 000 000 karma.

I FEEL YOU !!!

The system is -----ING BAD

LIKE WTF

BUT

Now as a Witch 1v1 i win 95% of my fight even vs sorc.

Why ?

Because I PvP all day and im getting good at it.

I drop 1 or 2 Mark of Shadow EVERYDAY because i can kill everyone in the cavern and farm efficient.

I win TONS of SP and thats the only thing you wont loose for behing OUTLAW.

Currently at 754 SP

As far for the Enchant Lost +15 to +14 , when it happens , IT SUCK BUT i can Build more failstack and try DUO Mark or DUO Witch.

( you only loose enchant from PvE) So when you sit at Minus 1 000 000 Karma , Actually you should fear monsters and never die from PvE witch is relatively easy to do but SHIT HAPPENS.

Being at Minus 1 000 000 karma is activating the game at HARD MODE.

IT CHANGES YOUR GAME EXPERIENCE

And you clearly getting better and better by playing this gamestyle.

At the end of the day its where all maters .

Did you had fun Doing 300 PK in your day ?

Yes ?

Why stop ?

Its fun and video games are meant for fun.

When im possitive Karma and people KS mobs around me What should i do ??

Give them a hug ?

Summon a Rainbow Unicorn  and eat a feast with him ?

KILL HIM HE DESERVE IT

2 people like this

Posted

The karma system is definitely too punishing. I have been playing the game for the past week at -1 mil karma because it seemed fun. And it is fun, it is very fun. But the downsides are extreme, and there are basically no upsides aside from it being fun to some people. Yesterday I lost around 10% exp at 55 and dropped from +15 on armor, gloves, and shield to +13. It sucked, but at the end of the day it's keeping me playing this game because of how much fun I am having PKing without worrying about my karma. If it just kinda happens, you are pretty -----ed. If it's a conscious decision, and you prepare and plan for it ahead of time, it's bearable.

Posted

NAHILU THATS EXACTLY wHAT I WANTED TO DO IN THE GAME <3

but gear op.... 

Posted

The lesson here is dont PvP. Ever.

Lol if they dont change anything about this BDO will burn faster than Archeage.

This isn't really the case. As much as I'd like to say otherwise we PVPers are not nearly a majority audience these days. =/

Posted

OP killed 10 players to defend a grinding spot? Was your grind spot all of Kala lake?

All your catfish are belong to us!!!!

mobs will get you back karma regardless of the mob level. Go farm karma in a level 20-30 zone and hide from pvp level players if you can't handle the heat of being red.

I lose a few hundred thousand karma over the course of a week usually. It sucks that I get negative karma for killing asshats that try and gank n00bs at catfish and skeletons, but that's just the breaks. I'm more or less restricted to about 2 kills a day before it starts getting really inconvenient.

Then I upgraded my clan to guild status and just declare war if it seems I have to kill a bunch of PK'ers from the same guild.

There's lots of ways to PvP without wrecking your karma status.

If someone's Kill stealing you, or even a whole group, declare war and go to town.

Easy peasy, lesson learned.

Now go grind some mobs for karma and suck it up.

Posted

yeah the first time you go deep into red is always a shocker, you notice how bad the system is.

it will just stop you from pvping randomly i guess + not sure when this bounty hunter system is comming out : /

Posted (edited)

System is good, but players are stupid.

Edited by Junkpile

Posted

i made an alt wizard, going red on purpose just ridin around on my tier 7 horse killing everything in sight, and if i notice they are to high lvl i just sprint  away and kill somone else... I guess i already killed like 200-300 guys in the  past 2 days and only died once losing 5 cheap crystals....

Posted

My only real problem with the system is that you get punished for defending yourself.  If you or someone in your party or guild is attacked, you should be permitted to fight back without fear of penalty.  The idea that you can be kept in the hole just because you are attacked seem asinine to me, especially if there are no "outlaw areas" where they can have some semblance of a home.

Posted

This same exact thing happened to me. Someone started kill stealing my mobs so I kill them, they had a couple friends with them so I kill them too. They come back to fight again and I defend myself. That's it, now I am -264k karma. I grinded catfish for 2 hours and rhutums for 3 hours while guildies watched my back because people were constantly attacking me when they saw I was red. End of story. Okay so I don't think the karma system should be removed, I think that would ruin the game. But I do think that the time it takes to grind out that karma should be reduced. I wasted five hours of my life for pking a couple people then defending myself when they came back. It just seems a bit excessive to me that's all.

Posted

So is it nice to be randomly attacked by people while knowing you wouldn't want that?

I think the karma system is starting to act nicely, to be honest it is a little too relaxed for me, i'd actually prefer 200K karma pernaly for kill and 300k karma cap as stated in the in BDO tome karma page (http://www.blackdeserttome.com/wiki/Karma) which appears also as in game "official" help file.

The game is GvG not PK'ing around.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just make a jail system, where if a negative-karma player gets caught (or turn themselves in, make that an option!), they can do the time and have their karma regenerate up until 0 or 1 (whichever does not count as negative anymore). Yeah it'll probably be boring sitting in prison for a while, but it can be made better by allowing the use of like skills (mining, woodcutting, slave labour anyone) and give an option to the players stuck in the negative karma spiral that cannot get out by grinding mobs.

Oh yeah, and if anyone wants to be an outlaw, prison should be fairly easy to escape.

Edited by Comrey

Posted

go manshas

Posted

If I recall from Ultima Online almost 20 years ago they handled Karma a bit differently and it made sense, and of course there have been many iterations of the game so I can only speak from experiences before like 2002. The way it worked was if you were red or grey (neutral) and someone attacked you, you could kill them with no loss in Karma. Self defense. 

Posted (edited)

Karma farm is easy. Not intebded to be 'fun' as it is an anti-grief ing system. Problem is karma griefers. People who run in to get killed to drop your karma. There should be a pvp activation timer, as  in when you get deleted 3, 4, 10 times, you cannot participate in pvp for a duration. Karma system does work. Doesn't make it any less inconvenient for those of us unafraid to defend our guildies and grind spots.

Edited by Fisty

Posted

stop being immature if you want to pvp it's rather easy. Hit him till he last with a low amount of hp and dont kill him. The game punish the killing heavily while atking doesn't so if you kill his gear and his pots then it's fine. I know this sounds brutal to some pple but learning how to calculate or know how to let the enemy get mpked is very rewarding on it's own. Also you do not have to kill the people all the time. If you have a faster clear speed then that makes it easy, you just ignore them and they will leave immidiatly if they are stupid they start flagging and you get the benefits from it. The game is based on outsmarting your enemy not killing them.

Posted

It is understandable that @PyreX wanted to defend his leveling up time in an area, though the punishment for attacking someone is fair 9_9

Posted

stop being immature if you want to pvp it's rather easy. Hit him till he last with a low amount of hp and dont kill him. The game punish the killing heavily while atking doesn't so if you kill his gear and his pots then it's fine. I know this sounds brutal to some pple but learning how to calculate or know how to let the enemy get mpked is very rewarding on it's own. Also you do not have to kill the people all the time. If you have a faster clear speed then that makes it easy, you just ignore them and they will leave immidiatly if they are stupid they start flagging and you get the benefits from it. The game is based on outsmarting your enemy not killing them.

Now try outsmarting that zerker that ll come at you with his 1 hp and kill you in one grab combo if you let him alone ex dee

Posted

Now try outsmarting that zerker that ll come at you with his 1 hp and kill you in one grab combo if you let him alone ex dee

take of your gear and let him smack you for a bit till his karma drops below go to the repair to get ur weapon repaired and it will be time for somepayback. he will need to flag against you while his karma is drpping and dropping till he quits and leaves the area. This is very helpfull if you get some guildies to join in the fun. First you appear weak and afterwards he will be crying.

Posted

The karma system since removal of XP lose is imbalanced/lacks logic/isnt fun. Im "ok" with the xp lose taken out, but the system NEEDS changed and balanced.

Posted

The Current Karma system:

When Status=Red Karma<0

Deaths from any cause: killed by mobs, guards, players, falling, drowning, environmental effects, guild wars, node wars, any cause...

Exp Loss

Crystal Loss

Equipment Enchant Level Downgrade

Posted

The Current Karma system:

When Status=Red Karma<0

Deaths from any cause: killed by mobs, guards, players, falling, drowning, environmental effects, guild wars, node wars, any cause...

Exp Loss

Crystal Loss

Equipment Enchant Level Downgrade

PvP Deaths don´t downgrade Equipment Enchants since Valencia Part 2....

Posted

PvP Deaths don´t downgrade Equipment Enchants since Valencia Part 2....

Not true, just happened to me last week. My liverto duo and vangertz duo both went down to pri