• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not sure how to start with nodes, trading or even fishing

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been playing for the smaller part of two days now (the evenings), and I am at about level 11 (and level 10 and level 8 as I'm proving to be one of those alt-a-holics again), and I can't really figure out how to start dealing with nodes because it tells me I have to connect to Velia or something like that. Is this just a town that I haven't seen yet, or am I just not understanding where I'm supposed to be connecting to? I also thought about fishing but where do you get a fishing pole? Or how do you make one, as I haven't figured out how to do ANYTHING involving craft skills yet.

Yeah, I know this all probably sounds really newbie-ish, but that's what I am and I really want to start getting into some of the stuff in this game. I read a few guides on nodes and all that, but I'm kind of at the infamous "Learn a programming language" second step after learning how to make "Hello, World" where the second step usually goes into quantum physics rather than shows you how to do the next thing.

This isn't a complaint, by the way. I'm looking forward to doing all sorts of stuff in this game, once I figure out how to start doing just that.

Posted

I would jump onto YouTube and check out the node tutorials there. I couldn't figure it out for a while and once someone explained it on Youtube everything clicked. 

Basically you need to start at a city, like Velia, and then start connecting nodes one at a time to make a path somewhere. So to connect Velia to Western Guard Camp, connect Velia to Loggia Farm, then to Imp cavern, then invest in Western Guard Camp.

Hope that helps a little. 

Posted

I think the problem is I've not found a city yet. I'm still in the middle of nowhere with little villages as the closest thing to a city I've found.

Posted (edited)

Just follow the quests, don't level yet through grinding. 
By following all the quests and your black spirit ones, you get interesting items and you will go through all the different places. Once you've been through those around lvl 15-18, you should have encountered the cities Velia and Heidel. 

Do everything on foot, so it will increase your stamina. Now, after you have encountered Heidel (and every farm inbetween), you can slowly start looking out how the horse / trading / nodes kinda work. 

Go back to Velia and look for the trader called "BAHAR", see what he can learn you. 
You should've got some money as well by now, look into the housing system (your first house should be a storage probably). 

Just google it step by step or search for 'beginners guide' for black desert or anything likewise. 

I'm sort of in the same playingfield with you. I haven't got a clue and I can't really be bothered going through countless of youtube films all day long. At some point, you're watching more youtube than actually playing. 

As for the nodes, what I read up till now is:

Start in Velia (invest in the node),  go to Loggia Farm (west of velia) invest, then go to Imp cave and lastly the Western guard camp. This should be your first trade route. Idk how or what to trade yet though as I still have to figure out the trading, myself. However,I think I'll get into the horse taming first.. it sounds more fun, and fun is what primes, right? 

Edited by EaglePhoenix
2 people like this

Posted

I think the problem is I've not found a city yet. I'm still in the middle of nowhere with little villages as the closest thing to a city I've found.

BD Foundry has a really good interactive map: http://blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#7/-9.042/-44.561

If you want to run straight to a city then you can use the map to find the way. If you haven't found Velia yet then I would do what EaglePhoneix suggested and follow the quests. I got to Velia around level 13 and started all my crafting quests then. Once you get into Velia the crafting quests there will provide you with most of the resources needed to start. 

Posted

Don't make the same mistake I did and spend all your contribution points on storage housing. You'll need increasing numbers of points for each step along the trade route you build by adding nodes along a path between cities. As you add nodes, the available links shown as thin white lines on the map change to thin yellow lines. When you've connected two cities together, you use of traders significantly increases your income from selling things (like rare fish) to them, instead of selling to any old shop.

Fishing rods can be bought near the beach in cities like Velia. Press M to see the map and look for the little fish symbol.

Like you, I'm baffled by a lot of the game. It would be much easier to understand if there was a usable and comprehensive beginners guide for the money we paid, instead of having to find independent guides on sites such as http://www.blackdeserttome.com/ and the excellent node guide on http://dulfy.net/2016/03/01/black-desert-node-management-and-hiring-workers-basic-guide/ 

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0