• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Black Desert Slowly Becoming A Single Player RPG

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

While I applaud their efforts to combat gold sellers and that they continue to do so!, I do have to say the more feature limitations they are imposing on us and have imposed on us i to combat these sellers is in my opinion slowly removing major features that help shape a mmos and the more removed are slowly turning the game into a single player rpg.   I really hope they get a handle on these gold sellers in the next couple months and perhaps rethink some of the limitations they made too features and reinstate them  back into the game in some way.  

Otherwise 6months or so might as well place the game into a single player based rpg.  Yes I am being a bit dramatic but seems like the slope we sliding down.

Edited by Talrune
2 people like this

Posted

Its a single player game already. You can do nothing but grind together right now. If you wanted to pool your resources together (1 Blacksmith, 1 Tailor, 1 Tamer for Horses, 1 Fisher, 1 Log cutting champ ect....)  like normal guilds will to become larger more quickly its impossible right now. BDO was fun and I wanted to love it because I enjoyed the combat. But the way the Devs are taking it I will sadly have to decline. If I wanted something like this I can chat with my friends on TS while playing Witcher 3 or Fallout 4, no real difference...

4 people like this

Posted

It's other way around, it will become online game later. not becoming Single Player RPG, but from that to Online RPG :P

Posted

I hear you, we'll see how it will resolve on the long run but I have pretty much the same doubts.

Posted

Play together, alone.

Posted

daum will continue to ----- their game like the kr version

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

so multiplayer is when i can trade stuff i see

questing together role playing together selling things to other player in the auction house and living in a world densely populated with other player i can chat and group doesn't count like multiplayer i need to be able to give my junk to other player to be multiplayer i see

it's a single player if u play like a single player if you make a guild and a guildmaster roleplay some sense into your brain and plan guild wars and give a meaning to what you do... is a single player of course why people is so so narrow minded.

Edited by NgocTu
4 people like this

Posted

The game is as social as you make it, there are multiple 100 man guilds running around doing things together, If you feel like this is a solo game it is because you are not engaging in activities with others. There are so many people who "Want" to solo everything. "I will grind x" they don't even bother to group it is a generation thing older gamers already know the benefits of grouping. There are a bunch of MMO players raised on the hit y button to Q for instanced dungeon or raid that they lack actual social skills to communicate and form groups outside of push button for random people to help. (catering to these people is not the answer they need to learn how to work with others and communicate. This game could go a long way in helping some people)

I think I could sum it up as. The game isn't a solo RPG it has many aspects best done with a group but it requires you to socially communicate instead of hitting a button. Thus many new MMO players are inexperienced and don't know how to group or have trouble realizing when having a group would be beneficial because the MMO's they have experienced told them when to group and when to solo

It is a pain but sometimes they need you to make them realize grouping is good.

99d26e2f32e5f7f5053efc8abe683015.gif

2 people like this

Posted

YES

Posted

Slowly? no, its not slow in walking pace, its a sprint.

All the restriction did was made sure gold spammers cant make money, other than that the chat change was only to please the QQing stupid people who cant appreciate a lively community. I guess its better seeing the seas "LFG, LFM, WTT, WTS, looking for guild, etc." as oppose to seeing actual human conversations.

And the no trading made the game more single player, instead of building a community about trading, and making crafting stuff more viable, it make the game barren in the sense that its just a pvp game where you group up and grind... and grinding, AND GRINDING, AND GRINDING... and more grinding. 

Crafters will never fully utilize the market place because right now its a complete lost for those who want to make profit, and since the game is so single player sufficient, the market place is just there for crafters... lol, not crafters, its just there for people to buy and make their own stuff. 

I can go on, and on about how much single player this is, but id rather stop now.

One things for sure, the fanboys will show up here and say its not, and stat pointing out the same thing. "you can go exploring together,you can go whale hunting together, you can go leveling up together, etc." all which you can do alone LOL. Fanboys who probly think the 2.9k cash shop outfits are fair enough, who thinks daum can do no bad. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have been in groups from 1-50. I was able to hit 50 the first weekish. 

The game is what you make of it. Stop being a bunch of little -----es jesus christ. 

GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING WHA WHA WHA EVERYBODYYYYYYYY had a chance to know what this game was before they played it or sunk money into it. IT was launched in 3 fen different places before EU/US. IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW THIS GAME FUNDAMENTALLY WORKS stop -----ing playing. This game is not for everyone and they have been very open about that.

Edited by Mumblez
1 person likes this

Posted

Already feels like this seeing as the character cosmetic changes with the armor in this game are so lacking that everyone looks the same pretty much. It just feels like an always online single player RPG :P

1 person likes this

Posted

No. Next question?

One things for sure, the fanboys will show up here and say its not, and stat pointing out the same thing. "you can go exploring together,you can go whale hunting together, you can go leveling up together, etc." all which you can do alone LOL. Fanboys who probly think the 2.9k cash shop outfits are fair enough, who thinks daum can do no bad. 

I've been very critical of Daum over the past couple of weeks for their serious missteps in some areas, but this is just pathetic. My girlfriend and I picked up the game specifically to play together and are enjoying the hell out of it. You're wrong, and it's not even the kind of wrong that people can debate over, it's just a handful of whining kids making up things to be upset over.

If you're going to be critical over something, make sure it's something that's an actual problem ffs.

1 person likes this

Posted

Slowly? no, its not slow in walking pace, its a sprint.

All the restriction did was made sure gold spammers cant make money, other than that the chat change was only to please the QQing stupid people who cant appreciate a lively community. I guess its better seeing the seas "LFG, LFM, WTT, WTS, looking for guild, etc." as oppose to seeing actual human conversations.

And the no trading made the game more single player, instead of building a community about trading, and making crafting stuff more viable, it make the game barren in the sense that its just a pvp game where you group up and grind... and grinding, AND GRINDING, AND GRINDING... and more grinding. 

Crafters will never fully utilize the market place because right now its a complete lost for those who want to make profit, and since the game is so single player sufficient, the market place is just there for crafters... lol, not crafters, its just there for people to buy and make their own stuff. 

I can go on, and on about how much single player this is, but id rather stop now.

Yeah kinda feel the same.

Even our guild is rather quiet after 11th march update and we have 75ppl LOL

Posted (edited)

Get a better guild. 

"MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE IS A REFLECTION OF EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG"

Edited by Mumblez

Posted

I have been in groups from 1-50. I was able to hit 50 the first weekish. 

The game is what you make of it. Stop being a bunch of little -----es jesus christ. 

GRINDING GRINDING GRINDING WHA WHA WHA EVERYBODYYYYYYYY had a chance to know what this game was before they played it or sunk money into it. IT was launched in 3 fen different places before EU/US. IF YOU DONT LIKE HOW THIS GAME FUNDAMENTALLY WORKS stop -----ing playing. This game is not for everyone and they have been very open about that.

DSCN0754.thumb.jpg.28968b918973e050c43d2

No. Next question?

I've been very critical of Daum over the past couple of weeks for their serious missteps in some areas, but this is just pathetic. My girlfriend and I picked up the game specifically to play together and are enjoying the hell out of it. You're wrong, and it's not even the kind of wrong that people can debate over, it's just a handful of whining kids making up things to be upset over.
If you're going to be critical over something, make sure it's something that's an actual problem ffs.

Whinny kids wanting more actual player interaction? LOL, just because they dont agree with you doesnt mean theyre kids. That is the stupidest logic I keep encountering here. You think the world would have evolved if we had people like you in charge? people who are content? LOL

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah kinda feel the same.

Even our guild is rather quiet after 11th march update and we have 75ppl LOL

Quality over quantity, man. My clan is two people and always active.

Whinny kids wanting more actual player interaction? LOL, just because they dont agree with you doesnt mean theyre kids. That is the stupidest logic I keep encountering here. You think the world would have evolved if we had people like you in charge? people who are content? LOL

No, they're not kids because they don't agree. They don't agree - and whine in the way that they do - because they are kids, in either physical or emotional age. I appreciate you volunteering as an example, by the way, but if you're aiming to get your point across and not look foolish you may want to avoid calling someone content when the very post you're quoting mentions being critical of Daum over actual issues.

Nothing is stopping you from interacting with players in this game but yourself. Get over it.

Posted

Quality over quantity, man. My clan is two people and always active.

No, they're not kids because they don't agree. They don't agree - and whine in the way that they do - because they are kids, in either physical or emotional age. I appreciate you volunteering as an example, by the way, but if you're aiming to get your point across and not look foolish you may want to avoid calling someone content when the very post you're quoting mentions being critical of Daum over actual issues.
Nothing is stopping you from interacting with players in this game but yourself. Get over it.

Regardless of who is correct, the assumption being made that everyone who complains is kids it's just wrong and dumb

Posted

Cant trade, so must be a single player game.. Didn't we see enough of this hyperbole pre-release.

Posted

What exactly do you even want? more interaction? Like what? Can you give an example? Is it just going to be asking for Trading?

fYYanMF.gif

Posted

There are other players in this game? I thought they were all NPCs

Posted

Is Black Desert Slowly Becoming A Single Player RPG?

<Looks. Sees other players online>

Nope.

Posted

<Looks. Sees other players online>

Nope.

Ya just don't, like, GET IT, ya know, man? 

Posted

Regardless of who is correct, the assumption being made that everyone who complains is kids it's just wrong and dumb

No, if we are to generalize, they are not kids, per se, so much as frustrated gold buyers and/or sellers.

Posted

Straw man. Unless you mean everyone who is complaining specifically about no trading (as opposed to complaining in general), in which case it's a pretty safe bet.

No, if we are to generalize, they are not kids, per se, so much as frustrated gold buyers and/or sellers.

AKA kids, either physically or emotionally. Let's add intellectually, for good measure. Maturity is hard, man.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0