• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is Black Desert Slowly Becoming A Single Player RPG

72 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I haven't grouped a single time since starting since there has never been a need.

The solitaire nature of this game is amazing.

I am so tired of this company destroying their own game because of their psychotic paranoia for gold selling.

Stopping gold selling is NOT more important than releasing a good game.

Their priorities are just so screwed up.

You should read a bit more before posting the same thing like others. 

Also the KR/JP/RU have no trade. So being "paranoid" about Goldsellers is the least of their worries.

They are more concerned about the startup of the game. Their priorities" are properly set on the right path. They still have yet to release the beginning of the game.  

Also, they already released a statement about not changing a single thing about Trade. 

Apparently I lead by fairness lol. 
I usally make guilds on the MMOs I play, on those guilds I dont do anything like that, I make sure my guild is fully stock, and if we do guild activities we progress as even as possible. Ive gotten request like that before, wanting to elevate me high, what fun is there if you rule above others as oppose to side by side? "lead by example". Im not selfish enough to think of something like that, making my entire group do something just for my benefit.

The upcoming contents mostly toward pvp, or rather provides a huge pvp bonus (besides a reason to pvp).  Is that the interaction you and alot of people want in this almost sandbox mmo? blades clashing?

Yes, Yes I do.

Also you've missed the PvE part of it.  But it's only for players who are Geared to the balls to even try to do.

Edited by Valkian

Posted (edited)

I think it's pretty predictable at this point, though maybe some of you are still new to MMO's.

MMO is announced officially.
MMO is hyped.
MMO has alph > beta > wipe
MMO creators launch the game, high five and then fall on the face from exhaustion.

Launch day usually sucks because hangovers, layoffs, hamster deaths.
New players divide into groups and those who played beta or previous launch race ahead to end game.
End game players harass new players until the patch.
Then everyone whines about the patch.
By this time, the gold sellers have hit. Probably why you had a patch in the first place.
Gold sellers run rampant for about 2 - 3 months, and that's for a high budget game company. Low budget can take 6 months, or never get fixed well.

Next is the expansion hype.
Then the expansion comes out and everything breaks.
Some leave, some race to the new level cap and harass all the have nots.

Repeat ad nauseam until there's not enough money to keep the game running.

The content release is going to be very different for the first year with this game, but I think you get the point.

Do I think that BDO "is slowly becoming a single player RPG?" No, far from it. But this is the patter that's going to happen, and it will keep happing with most new MMO's until a truly new generation of gaming comes along - which is about due.

My two cents on grumpy pants day.

Grumpy.thumb.gif.f8b8db50f57cffca1835821

Edited by Xtort
because for grammar needed

Posted

This dudes got a lot of little pecker syndrome. No way on earth are logical adults calling other adults children because they disagree with.your opinion, and they voice their opinion with argument lol, so being an adult means you stand there and take the ass whoppin is that it? Well, sorry gramps, guess you need to leave the game make sure to park your dinosaur somewhere safe, 

So to recap, the evidence you're offering to show the world how mature you are, and how totally wrong people are to assume that you're some sort of child or man-child with access to a keyboard and a rudimentary understanding of the English language, is to desperately erect straw men to argue with while throwing in some kind of sad attempt at a genital dig for good measure.

Yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure it's going to go swimmingly for you.

As for the original topic, it's okay to not like the lack of direct trading. Such a system has upsides and downsides that have been rehashed at least a dozen times since launch, and many more times before. You don't get called a child for not liking the system, you get called a child when you suggest that the trading restrictions make this a single-player game, because it's the same 'sky-is-falling' hyperbole and overreaction people are accustomed to seeing from, well, children.

Don't like it? Try another approach.

Posted

They are more concerted about the startup of the game. Their priorities" are properly set on the right path.

yeah, because ppl really tend to forget that this mmo is VERY young.

And, seriously, for a so young mmo the quality of that game is incredible high compare to all other mmo i played at.

Posted

yeah, because ppl really tend to forget that this mmo is VERY young.

And, seriously, for a so young mmo the quality of that game is incredible high compare to all other mmo i played at.

To be fair, it's a year or two old now, they just did some shoddy voiceovers and translations that are a bit better than what you can get out of the third party mods for the JP/KR versions of the game, and I think some system tweaks. Make no mistake, this localization did not live up to its potential, and Daum has done some extremely disrespectful and questionable things with the release, but at the end of the day my conclusion is the same - incredibly high quality and fun, and potential be damned, the fun is what matters in my eyes.

Posted (edited)

Just because the game doesn't allow for 1 thousand man guild right now, doesn't make it single player. I know they will increase the number of people per guild but how about we enjoy an experiment right now.

To be fair, it's a year or two old now, they just did some shoddy voiceovers and translations that are a bit better than what you can get out of the third party mods for the JP/KR versions of the game, and I think some system tweaks. Make no mistake, this localization did not live up to its potential, and Daum has done some extremely disrespectful and questionable things with the release, but at the end of the day my conclusion is the same - incredibly high quality and fun, and potential be damned, the fun is what matters in my eyes.

yep, voice over is not that bad on this game. Have you heard voice over on BnS? Worst to date on the history of MMOs.

Edited by Slasher

Posted (edited)

Its a single player game already. You can do nothing but grind together right now. If you wanted to pool your resources together (1 Blacksmith, 1 Tailor, 1 Tamer for Horses, 1 Fisher, 1 Log cutting champ ect....)  like normal guilds will to become larger more quickly its impossible right now. BDO was fun and I wanted to love it because I enjoyed the combat. But the way the Devs are taking it I will sadly have to decline. If I wanted something like this I can chat with my friends on TS while playing Witcher 3 or Fallout 4, no real difference...

Hi cancerous person who knows nothing about the game yet types as if he do. 

The following can be done tougheter in BDO:
1. Daily bosses, a must to do with a group
2. Weekly bosses, a must to do with a group
3. Relic boss, a must to do with a boss
4. The daily group quests
5. Repeatable group quests
6. Whale hunting
7. Spear fishing
8. Guild wars
9. Grinding as mentioned
10. Soon to come, dungeon
11. World boss
12. Elite hunting

And that whats only on top of my head. 

"Wait theres pve in this game omg i didnt know wtf lulz i dont do research on a game i just spit out cancerous answers, wait wutz theres group play in dis game lul"

Edited by Kraved
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think it's pretty predictable at this point, though maybe some of you are still new to MMO's.

MMO is announced officially.
MMO is hyped.
MMO has alph > beta > wipe
MMO creators launch the game, high five and then fall on the face from exhaustion.

Launch day usually sucks because hangovers.
New players divide into groups and those who played beta or previous launch race ahead to end game.

End game players harass new players until the patch.

(Endgame? what's that?) The game haven't even touch a single percent of anything. There is no endgame to the game if anything don't compare endgame from other games to BDO.  I don't mean that in a bad way, but in a VERY good way.

But to rephrase myself. Endgame won't begin til Lv70. This is from the developers from KR. Which they haven't reach yet.

By this time, the gold sellers have hit. Probably why you had a patch in the first place.
Gold sellers run rampant for about 2 - 3 months, and that's for a high budget game company. Low budget can take 6 months, or never get fixed well.

(What's a goldseller?) :)

Then the expansion comes out and everything breaks.

(They already release a few parts of the new expansion to the game like 00.506%)

Some leave, some race to the new level cap and harass all the have nots.

(There is no Level CAP) Also dwarfs might be coming :P

Repeat ad nauseam until there's not enough money to keep the game running.

(KR have enough money to keep the game running in all available countrys) BDO isn't the only game Daum have.

The content release is going to be very different for the first year with this game, but I think you get the point.

My two cents on grumpy pants day.

Grumpy.thumb.gif.f8b8db50f57cffca1835821

I like this.

^ My edits :P

Edited by Valkian
1 person likes this

Posted

yep, voice over aren't that bad on this game. Have you heard voice over on BnS? Worst to date on the history of MMOs.

I haven't, I skipped over BnS because I wasn't thrilled with the art style or what I saw of it overall after being on the fence for a little while. I don't doubt that it was worse, but Daum very clearly did not invest in professional-tier voice talent nor a native English speaker (or group of them, or third party company) to proofread the translations. And I'd even forgive all of that if not for the cringeworthy intro.

No big deal, it's an imported game, I wish they'd done better but won't let it stop me from enjoying the actual gameplay.

Posted

I haven't, I skipped over BnS because I wasn't thrilled with the art style or what I saw of it overall after being on the fence for a little while. I don't doubt that it was worse, but Daum very clearly did not invest in professional-tier voice talent nor a native English speaker (or group of them, or third party company) to proofread the translations. And I'd even forgive all of that if not for the cringeworthy intro.
No big deal, it's an imported game, I wish they'd done better but won't let it stop me from enjoying the actual gameplay.

I played BnS til lv10 and lost my thrill.

Posted

Play together, alone.

^ This. So much this.

xD

Posted (edited)

well, no game is perfect, not all decision can be liked from everyone.

( but sure our version isnt perfect for the commercial side, but its also different from the game itself tho, since so far, and for now, they didnt killed the game itself because they lurk way too much on money like MANY other mmo.. even GW2 fell on that side with shitty update - support and poor content and nearly only focused on the cash shop )

And well 2years isnt that old either + when you see the overhall quality of that game, imho it requier way more work than whatever random mmo that have quick made map with copy paste quest everywhere.

They still make the effort to bring new weapons ( so new skills, so new animation, so new gamepaly ) for each class instead of throwing somes random powercreep like all good WoW shit clone & so on.

I mean, thoses guys are sure clearly not somes lazy devs.

Edited by woots

Posted

^ My edits :P

Stop trying to make sense of my non-sense. Today's grumpy pants day!!

hmph128593186526463586.thumb.jpg.31766d9

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stop trying to make sense of my non-sense. Today's grumpy pants day!!

hmph128593186526463586.thumb.jpg.31766d9 it"S CUTE

this is my pet hawk ;)

Edited by Valkian

Posted

I mean, thoses guys are sure clearly not somes lazy devs.

Pearl Abyss (game developers, they make BDO) are ridiculously impressive, at least in my eyes.

Daum EU, the publisher for our version of the game, is probably not 'lazy'. In fact, I imagine they are being worked incredibly hard. However, it's important to draw a distinction between the hardworking people making everything function and the people who hold the reins of power and make the actual decisions, such as withholding cash shop items from CBT2 at launch and skimping on the voice talent and translation QA. Who are probably making those decisions without much if any direct work on the things they are deciding, and may or may not even be on-premises while the daily gears are turning.

Those decision-making guys are dicks, near as I can tell.

Posted (edited)

They are putting fire where it counts.Making sure they don't breed again. 

Edited by Valkian

Posted (edited)

Pearl Abyss (game developers, they make BDO) are ridiculously impressive, at least in my eyes.
Daum EU, the publisher for our version of the game, is probably not 'lazy'. In fact, I imagine they are being worked incredibly hard. However, it's important to draw a distinction between the hardworking people making everything function and the people who hold the reins of power and make the actual decisions, such as withholding cash shop items from CBT2 at launch and skimping on the voice talent and translation QA. Who are probably making those decisions without much if any direct work on the things they are deciding, and may or may not even be on-premises while the daily gears are turning.

I know who are the games devs and publisher. But yeah i agree about PA thoses guys made a crazy job on that game :o

But its like that for every games, most decision that annoy ppl are thoses made by ppl that want money, and sometime publisher also kill games because of that ( nexon, archage )

Or just bad management, like BnS west is pretty much beeing doomed because they dont correctly act where they need to.

But imho, except all thoses idiot players that keep complain like if it was the worse mmo in the world, i dont see any reason to REALLY complain about that game, sure somes stuff could be better, but when i see all other mmo ( so management & so on ) we are pretty good here

Edited by woots

Posted

Stop being a loner and make some friends, maybe you'll meet a lady friend ;).

But honestly I play fine with my friends, it's fun.

Posted

Idk I feel like there's plenty of player interaction if you seek it out. "But I can only pvp or grind in a group." Its supposed to be a Korean grinder mmo, I thought anyway. Does no trading kill any social aspect? I don't think so. Some have argued its s major gimp to the game but that's s different conversation all together. It's not a full blown sandbox but for the most part you can play how you want. Want to be alone? Be alone. Want to grind with peeps? Grind with peeps. 

What's missing that would make you say that its a online single payer game besides trading? Being grouped with randos for instanced content? That was never intended anyway. Should there be more incentives to group to grind? Then the solo ppl get left out. 

Hate to be that fanboy everyone hates but BDO isn't for every kind of mmo player. There's alot of games out there, there must be one for just about everyone.

Happy gaming ladies and gentlemen.

Posted

Straw man. Unless you mean everyone who is complaining specifically about no trading (as opposed to complaining in general), in which case it's a pretty safe bet.

AKA kids, either physically or emotionally. Let's add intellectually, for good measure. Maturity is hard, man.

I like you.

1 person likes this

Posted

From my own experience. Trading aspect within my guild or friends never come to mind. We had a 2 Hour war which was the most fun at had in a MMO since Lineage 2. 

Posted

The game is as social as you make it, there are multiple 100 man guilds running around doing things together, If you feel like this is a solo game it is because you are not engaging in activities with others. There are so many people who "Want" to solo everything. "I will grind x" they don't even bother to group it is a generation thing older gamers already know the benefits of grouping. There are a bunch of MMO players raised on the hit y button to Q for instanced dungeon or raid that they lack actual social skills to communicate and form groups outside of push button for random people to help. (catering to these people is not the answer they need to learn how to work with others and communicate. This game could go a long way in helping some people)

I think I could sum it up as. The game isn't a solo RPG it has many aspects best done with a group but it requires you to socially communicate instead of hitting a button. Thus many new MMO players are inexperienced and don't know how to group or have trouble realizing when having a group would be beneficial because the MMO's they have experienced told them when to group and when to solo

It is a pain but sometimes they need you to make them realize grouping is good.

99d26e2f32e5f7f5053efc8abe683015.gif

I have spammed LFG in chat many times, Ive had 2 groups that have done any amount of good, I don't wish to play a MMORPG SOLO... That isn't why I bought the game, I have Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 for those days. Ive done my own bit of grinding in the same areas I see people run by in a small group so I ask, May I join or Could you use another? With absolutely no response. I have a guild, 80ish people, mostly either higher level than myself or way under myself. I have grouped with people about 8 levels higher in hopes I would get decent XP and NOTHING. Again, I hope to see the devs change their way of thinking but I highly doubt they will with the direction I see this going so far. I paid for the game and I am going to try to get my monies worth so its not a quit all right at the moment. The game is nice looking at least. its awesome to chat with my buddy on Voice Chat while fighting burning health pots and asking for people to group over and over.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0