• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

<PETITION> Make processing energy free !

Should following be energy free?   549 votes

1. 1. Processing stuff => grinding, heating, drying, etc.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Also thought about gathering ... What do you think should be fair way to make it?

• 1 energy per gather like now but with % chance to not use it
    • Energy free for all of it
    • 1 energy per gather, but only some types of gathering
    • Scaled per gather: Easy non-consuming, yet end-game items several energy per gather

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

182 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

Well many have already pointed out we are getting VERY unfair energy system in the game compared to other regions, especially Asia.

So we might as well try to state that to the GMs and see their response. But in order to keep everything civilized I made a pool with ideas stated earlier in various topics.

Pick that you like and leave your opinion if you want to.

PS: If possible keep this thread as "hot" so GMs won't bury it as "who gives a f***?" topic

So because some people here can't make basic math and only came to insult those who try to think (so far 50/50 thinkers vs. hipsters), here are the things we talk about as in post later on:

OK time to give you the facts on the table so you UNDERSTAND what this topic is about ...

To craft something in BDO:

I have to gather materials 1st ...

Some may only by picked by me, but if you know how, you will utilize your workers to the best possible, and make the mhelp you a lot while picking stuff and getting enough resourcess to actually start some partial production.

Here is the catch:

I can chop a tree in 10 secs, costs 1 energy and you have rate at what you will get the product gathered. My energy replenishes in 1 point every 3 minutes unless resting in a bed which renders you useless to proceed with the task. Especially when to get 5 iron you might waste more than 5 energy.

Well you don't need one log of wood to make some partial item but several logs, and bag full of other items => worth ca 30 energy for lousy partial craft.

Already kinda backwards in terms of MMO, suited for web-browser application like C&C released in 2015, but not for MMORPG wanna be sandbox game

So I go with the flow and let workers get most of the stuff I need. GJ to ME!

Now we need to process it ...

Getting one melted shard of iron costs 5 iron ore (5 energy if picked by myself), I need 5 metal shards to make one iron ingot, so I waste 5 energy to get 1 ingot. Quite bad when some items need more than one item of such process.

Ok no problem! I will task my workers with it! ... oh wait! I can't, these things "partial processing", have to be done by player. Dang! that will take lot of time.

Finally we are getting to the product, let's say a steel pickaxe. Commonly used tool that shouldn't be that hard to craft.

Well you need 1 maple timber (not that hard to get)

3 black powder stones (that is processed by workers - 1 per few minutes to even a hour)

And lastly 4 pcs of steel ingot which is made from melted iron shards (that will be 100 iron ore pls to make half the processing), then you have to get 20 pcs of coal which doesn't grow on Ash timber trees, so you have to proceed in your lvling (not like you can craft quite basic stuff from 1st hour of gaming)

Voala, you made 1 steel pick-axe!

Only cost you impossible sum of silver and lots of energy. so you can sell it for 50.000 silver ... such enormous sum of money! Oh wait! I can make more by hour of fishing, even AFK one if you are at least little lucky.

So how does it work in any other MMO?

You waste s**t-load of time to rank crafting in GIVEN profession, however after that you are a Zillionaire because you can produce stuff only few can and sell it to the highest bidder. Here our sell sum is fixed by pre-programmed market >.>

And yes I was master craftsman in Aion as well as Guild wars 1 and 2 and several other MMOs. So this game's craft system gives me real creeps. knowing you normally have to rank up, level up and then you are able to start producing good items. In this game however, making anything simple is already task worth of a Olympic gold medal.

Now kids, tell me where I'm wrong in the math ;)

Edited by Arcticcz
3 people like this

Posted

Nope, totally disagree, imho there's nothing wrong with the energy system in it's current state.

31 people like this

Posted

I actually like the energy mechanic to limit spamming of activities and give a little bit of strategy to crafting/looting/trading.

It does feel too stingy though. Just needs re-balancing (with the crafting economy).

4 people like this

Posted

no ty.

PS: If possible keep this thread as "hot" so GMs won't bury it as "who gives a f***?" topic

but it is a '' who gives a f***? topic.

9 people like this

Posted

no ty.

Posted

Nope, totally disagree, imho there's nothing wrong with the energy system in it's current state.

game was designed without it. prices are set to make sense without it. virtually every aspect of the game other than grinding mobs and afk fishing are severely penalized because of this. you either havnt tried to do anything other than mindlessly level by grinding or you are extremely ignorant.

I actually like the energy mechanic to limit spamming of activities and give a little bit of strategy to crafting/looting/trading.

It does feel too stingy though. Just needs re-balancing (with the crafting economy).

again, the game and entire economy (which is not free market in any way) is designed around this energy cost not existing. what they did does slow down spamming leveling, but it has essentially neutered everything in the game other than afk fishing and grinding mobs. needs a full overhaul to balance the economy, or reset to the way the game was designed in the first place. the last minute taped on "solution" is horrible for the game.

no ty.

I find it hard to believe that you have played the game for any amount of time and genuinely believe the energy system is fine. have you done ANY bulk crafting? have you tried to make any scenario where you actually make money through crafting? the crafting in Korea is a great way to make money and break up the monotony of the grind. here it is worthless, and will never be a viable source of money. just a waste of time.

4 people like this

Posted

again, the game and entire economy (which is not free market in any way) is designed around this energy cost not existing. what they did does slow down spamming leveling, but it has essentially neutered everything in the game other than afk fishing and grinding mobs. needs a full overhaul to balance the economy, or reset to the way the game was designed in the first place. the last minute taped on "solution" is horrible for the game.

I've never played the KR version, and the biggest thing I've crafted is the calpheon ferry so far.

How does the KR version balance investing in nodes and conversations without the energy mechanic BTW?

Posted (edited)

that's why only our version have the energy usage for the processing and for ALL other version its free ?

yeah right, nothing wrong :]

Hello everyone,

Well many have already pointed out we are getting VERY unfair energy system in the game compared to other regions, especially Asia.

So we might as well try to state that to the GMs and see their response. But in order to keep everything civilized I made a pool with ideas stated earlier in various topics.

Pick that you like and leave your opinion if you want to.

You could also have set a option to setup a minigame to regen faster energy while in bed :]

Edited by woots
1 person likes this

Posted

I honestly couldn't care. The energy system is fine in my eyes since I can do other things in the game while waiting for it to recharge. At the same time, I'd be perfectly OK with it not existing.

1 person likes this

Posted

game was designed without it. prices are set to make sense without it. virtually every aspect of the game other than grinding mobs and afk fishing are severely penalized because of this. you either havnt tried to do anything other than mindlessly level by grinding or you are extremely ignorant.

I find it hard to believe that you have played the game for any amount of time and genuinely believe the energy system is fine. have you done ANY bulk crafting? have you tried to make any scenario where you actually make money through crafting? the crafting in Korea is a great way to make money and break up the monotony of the grind. here it is worthless, and will never be a viable source of money. just a waste of time.

Thx for REAL insight into the game Slurpee. Unlike the "well educated" people above your post, you actually played the game for more than 10 minutes.

Personally I prefer gathering, crafting and stuff like that instead of power leveling to the top since that way you never learn such complex game.

Only 2 things I really feel sad about:

That I am not from Korea, so I could play the game the way it was coded, not the way it was made to milk money >.>

Also that forums are usually mostly filled with trolls and hipsters who only wanna post random or sarcastic/insulting answers to make themselves be seen :D ... yet, I don't blame them, even mental disease, is still a disease.

3 people like this

Posted

I've never played the KR version, and the biggest thing I've crafted is the calpheon ferry so far.

How does the KR version balance investing in nodes and conversations without the energy mechanic BTW?

kr has energy for conversations, gathering, node investment, hiring workers, shadow vendors, and a couple other things I can't think of right off hand. they do not have energy requirements for processing, cooking, and alchemy. our system will limit making armor and weapons, a ferry, projects, etc A BIT. the aspect I am more concerned with is the changes to the economy. in KR it is highly profitable to run farms and create trade packs with farming and alchemy. your workers can tend the farms and bring all the raw materials in, and your processing isn't limited. trade packs can be made and profited from. there are many other similar ways to make money with crafting / alchemy which I won't get into. the way the entire economy is balanced revolves around these trade packs bringing in money to the game, and he prices of much of the items are balanced around processing taking no energy. the prices of things are fixed using these formulae, and our version does not work in the same way, as our balancing is vastly different. this was not a well-developed change. it only came about in closed beta one... the system was not properly implemented, our prices are skewed, and much of the game is nearly impossible to access due to harsh energy restrictions.

that's why only our version have the energy usage for the processing and for ALL other version its free ?

yeah right, nothing wrong :]

You could also have set a option to setup a minigame to regen faster energy while in bed :]

Russia also has similar energy limits, and they hate it.

bed mini game could be interesting, would rather they fixed the problem that poorly treating the solution.

1 person likes this

Posted

Knew this thread would come up more than a couple times - CM's are welcome to bury it, lock it, burn it with fire, use a creative meme to destroy it. :) 

I spend most of my time with cooking and alchemy. You know... seeing those +15 weapons for millions, I don't think crafting is the Golden Goose, monster grinding probably is. Crafting things like fishing poles, saddle, armor, come from workers. Melt weapons for hard to gather items... that itself conserves energy.

Energy is an interesting mechanic, perhaps flawed (though I can't think of a quantifying statement to support that), but it forces player decision points lots of them. I think that is a good thing. Taking energy away removes many of those decision points. It would certainly affect the market, and not in a positive way.

Energy based decision points helps the market feel more... I don't know simulated? staggered? Meaning, if I spend 50 energy getting potatoes to make beer, I cannot spend it to make carrots. Another player spends theirs making carrots and cannot make beer in the same time frame.

You don't like it, I do. Neither of us are wrong. Why can't players accept differing mechanics between games, enjoy them or move on? No, we go on crusades to make it in our image. meh, I don't have an answer, I like the system. If it really bothers some there are dozens of games to pick from.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have 140 energy x 7 characters. no problem crafting anything.
thank you.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I honestly couldn't care. The energy system is fine in my eyes since I can do other things in the game while waiting for it to recharge. At the same time, I'd be perfectly OK with it not existing.

you don't care now, but if you get bored of grinding / afk fishing / horse taming? (the only things you can do without energy), and try to set up a moneymaking network of workers, build any big craft items like boats or armor sets, do cooking or alchemy to enhance your character, etc you will hit a wall. for no good reason. 

Thx for REAL insight into the game Slurpee. Unlike the "well educated" people above your post, you actually played the game for more than 10 minutes.

Personally I prefer gathering, crafting and stuff like that instead of power leveling to the top since that way you never learn such complex game.

Only 2 things I really feel sad about:

That I am not from Korea, so I could play the game the way it was coded, not the way it was made to milk money >.>

Also that forums are usually mostly filled with trolls and hipsters who only wanna post random or sarcastic/insulting answers to make themselves be seen :D ... yet, I don't blame them, even mental disease, is still a disease.

meh they are allowed their opinion, I just havnt heard a good reason to keep the current system, the only argument for it seems to be "meh it doesn't hurt me that much I don't mind." 

this is a pretty poor reason to cripple people who want to craft.

the Korean version isn't perfect, but it makes much more sense than ours. if they developed the entire game with our system in mind it would be fine, but that's not how it is.

Edited by Slurpee

Posted

No. I like that you use energy for processing. I feel like I've accomplished when I finally craft something with enough energy. Not only that but it encourages people to work for more energy. The system needs tweaking, sure. However, I like that you have to use energy to process. 

P.S. You're not going to be taken seriously if you're insulting others intelligence and making assumptions about how they spend their time in game. Just because they disagree with you. 

1 person likes this

Posted

bed mini game could be interesting, would rather they fixed the problem that poorly treating the solution.

created a suggestion for that

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/41400-mini-game-to-regen-energy/

Sure, they might never spend time to create something like that, but well, that energy system was FIRST ( and ppl really need to wear blinker to not see it ) designed for a F2P AND sell energy potion in CS.

But since they more or less changed that in our version, the energy isnt ofc working properly, so it definitely need some change / adjustment.

Posted (edited)

No. I like that you use energy for processing. I feel like I've accomplished when I finally craft something with enough energy. Not only that but it encourages people to work for more energy. The system needs tweaking, sure. However, I like that you have to use energy to process. 

P.S. You're not going to be taken seriously if you're insulting others intelligence and making assumptions about how they spend their time in game. Just because they disagree with you. 

How does one "work" for more energy when it recovers at exactly the same rate for everyone ?

Have a higher pool of energy won't help recover any faster than someone with a low pool

I have 140 energy x 7 characters. no problem crafting anything.thank you.

Yeah and how much time do you spend afk fishing, sleeping in a bed, or doing things other than crafting ?

Edited by ArgleBargle

Posted

How does one "work" for more energy when it recovers at exactly the same rate for everyone ?

Have a higher pool of energy won't help recover any faster than someone with a low pool

Yeah and how much time do you spend afk fishing, sleeping in a bed, or doing things other than crafting ?

You can work for energy by completing quests.

Posted

You can work for energy by completing quests.

Many of those quests require you to spend energy to complete :)

Unless you're talking about doing non crafting quests in which case it defeats the point of "sandbox"

Posted

I have 140 energy x 7 characters. no problem crafting anything.thank you.

you get 48 energy per character per day. if you have 7 characters and are online for 8 hours you get 48*6(offline chars)+32("main" when offline)+160(main when logged in). that is 480 energy per day assuming you play 8 hours a day and are 100% efficient with your energy. this is not dependent on max energy, simply how much is possible to regen per day. this is enough to sustain and process MAYBE 5-6 workers' worth of raw materials, assuming you do nothing else, don't gather yourself at all, don't make your own beer, etc. even at a mid-level of contribution, you can easily have 15-20 workers. I have ~60 contribution (quite low) and 9 workers working. I will never be able to catch up to the raw materials that they are producing.

1 person likes this

Posted

kr has energy for conversations, gathering, node investment, hiring workers, shadow vendors, and a couple other things I can't think of right off hand. they do not have energy requirements for processing, cooking, and alchemy. our system will limit making armor and weapons, a ferry, projects, etc A BIT. the aspect I am more concerned with is the changes to the economy. in KR it is highly profitable to run farms and create trade packs with farming and alchemy. your workers can tend the farms and bring all the raw materials in, and your processing isn't limited. trade packs can be made and profited from. there are many other similar ways to make money with crafting / alchemy which I won't get into. the way the entire economy is balanced revolves around these trade packs bringing in money to the game, and he prices of much of the items are balanced around processing taking no energy. the prices of things are fixed using these formulae, and our version does not work in the same way, as our balancing is vastly different. this was not a well-developed change. it only came about in closed beta one... the system was not properly implemented, our prices are skewed, and much of the game is nearly impossible to access due to harsh energy restrictions.

Russia also has similar energy limits, and they hate it.

This is kind of what it felt like, a poor balance attempt for our region.

There doesn't seem to be a profit motive. I can't spend money to craft faster.

That gives me hope that it will be re-balanced with a fun, not profit motive. Another reason I'm OK with expensive cosmetics... Keep it out of the gameplay balance!

Posted

you get 48 energy per character per day. if you have 7 characters and are online for 8 hours you get 48*6(offline chars)+32("main" when offline)+160(main when logged in). that is 480 energy per day assuming you play 8 hours a day and are 100% efficient with your energy. this is not dependent on max energy, simply how much is possible to regen per day. this is enough to sustain and process MAYBE 5-6 workers' worth of raw materials, assuming you do nothing else, don't gather yourself at all, don't make your own beer, etc. even at a mid-level of contribution, you can easily have 15-20 workers. I have ~60 contribution (quite low) and 9 workers working. I will never be able to catch up to the raw materials that they are producing.

stop crafting 24/7 ? afk in bed ?
I craft beer with my main for my 20ish workers, sell surplus in auction.
process wood on an alt ,
minerals on another
etc.

Posted (edited)

I actually despise the energy system even though I've never had any in-game issues with it.  Why should I be limited on how much crafting or gathering I can do but I'm not limited on how many mobs I can kill?  How come I can fish forever?  Or walk forever?

It's a useless and arbitrary system that has no place in a "sandbox" MMO.  It's just another resource to manage as it is, but it has no use in the game.

Edit:  Okay, it does have one use.  Daum can sell energy potions.

Edited by Professional N00b

Posted

as stated above, I don't have issues with crafting individual things or "projects", gear, boats, etc. the energy is fine for that. the problem comes with processing bulk materials gathered by workers, and the effect on the economy that comes along with this. a major part of the KR economy is gold entering the game with crafted trade packs, and this will be extremely altered with the new system. 

Unless you're talking about doing non crafting quests in which case it defeats the point of "sandbox"

major issue right here. artificially forcing people to do things they don't want to do is bad or a sandbox game.

Posted

I actually despise the energy system even though I've never had any in-game issues with it.  Why should I be limited on how much crafting or gathering I can do but I'm not limited on how many mobs I can kill?  How come I can fish forever?  Or walk forever?

It's a useless and arbitrary system that has no place in a "sandbox" MMO.  It's just another resource to manage as it is, but it has no use in the game.

Edit:  Okay, it does have one use.  Daum can sell energy potions.

edit : wich they don't.
it's made so people don't craft higher level stuff in 2days.
you know mmo are supposed to take time.
for once in the last 10 years ONE mmo got this right. ( I don't count EVE )

1 person likes this