• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO: Brought To You By The North Korean Government!

114 posts in this topic

Posted

to add my 2 cents:  i have tried mmos with the features that many are asking to have added to bdo and i wasn't so happy with the final results of those features, for example the over-the-top inflation of auction house items.  i came to bdo for something other...something different.  i am willing to play bdo as is in hopes of a different outcome than other mmos have had.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand,there are many unmotivated criticism about this post, but, i don't think contents be so wrong. Probably it's because this game has a lot and lot of potential that we have to say our criticism. I like this game even like it is, but, i would like it more with better cooperation dinamics. 

Party trading and coop combat system are not good enought.

There is lot of potential and we as a community, by posting threads like this, make the company (DAUM) understand our needs. We have to show them we want such changes. I have to agree with the OP as well. I love the game but there are too many restrictions. They should ease up a bit more and let the game be a bit more social friendly, if that makes sense.

2 people like this

Posted

Kudos; directly c/ping from something else I just posted on General:

I've already posted this same thing in other topics, but to repeat once more:

This heavy regulation on trade is bad. Not simply because it limits interactions between friends and guild-mates; if that were the sole reason, I would be more understanding. This regulation is bad for the same reason why heavy-handed regulation doesn't work in real life: it's unhealthy for the economy and simple unfeasible. As many people have already stated, prices on the AH (which, by the way, is the -only- way to trade AND presents a hefty, hefty tax) are messed up. The inability to sell for a price chosen by the players, instead being constrained to a min-max system designed by a system unable to accurately grasp human valuation of items, cripples buying and selling. Items can change in price depending on context: I'd be much more willing to pay more for an item if I needed it desperately, say, to complete a quest, or if I were missing one final item to craft a larger item. Conversely, if I have no immediate need for an item, I'd be inclined to pay less. Furthermore, there is no room for innovation on behalf of the player, no room to spot trends and profit from intelligent play or specialization. Everyone is constrained to sell at more or less the same prices, which naturally de-incentivizes the production or trade of items that may otherwise be desirable for a lot of prospective buyers.

Arguments I have seen so far against free trade:

1. You're a goldseller!
This isn't an argument, this is stupidity. Bringing up a valid critique of a system does not automatically delegate me to "goldseller." Additionally, I really do not believe that "gold selling" is as apocalyptic a thing as people are somehow making it out to be, even more so on BDO. Crippling a significant feature such as trade is not the fix we want.

2. A few people will buy out the market, and prices will get messed up beyond repair!
You mean more than they are currently? Where half of the available items in the game can't be bought and the other half are set at prices that would otherwise have a far larger range of motion? You mean in an AH where the system takes a hefty chunk of 30% at prices that players may already consider too low? People bring up ridiculous notions of common items being "monopolized" and sold for ridiculous prices. This doesn't work, because every item in this game is obtainable by every player. Day 3 and people were already selling +15 high end weapons, which clearly says something about how easy it is to obtain things. Raw mats? Our slave- err, workers generate a huge surplus. If someone tried to sell for an outrageous price, any other player could exploit that stupidity and sell for less. That's the beauty of a free market: items are worth what people are willing to pay, meaning if the price reaches a point where players would rather gather the item for themselves instead of buy it, then they will, and the price will go back to a reasonable level.

3. This protects players against scammers! Easier for noobs! (I don't want to research prices!)
I hate this argument the most. Coddling people is rarely, if ever the best or even correct answer to a problem. If you buy something for far more than it is worth, it is entirely your fault. Unlike in the real world, where people can blackmail you, where resources are not equally accessible to all, we are playing a game where the only person you have to blame is yourself. Information is at your fingertips via the magic of the internet. You learn by being free to make decisions, not by being restricted to the point where you can only sell and buy at prices determined by the system. Let the players decide what items are worth, and prices will naturally adjust accordingly. If someone is willing to pay me 200% of what an item "normally" goes for on the AH, guess what? That item was contextually worth that 200%, and there is nothing wrong with that.

4. Lol work for yourself noob, you can get everything for free!

Gathering materials by myself IS NOT FREE, contrary to what many misinformed people believe. There is opportunity cost, time, and energy spent to consider. Any material I gather to craft instead of sell is silver lost. Crafting one item over another that might sell for a more profitable price in accordance to the AH is silver lost. Gathering raw materials and crafting takes time. Specifically with the energy system in place, items can be broadly valued based on their energy:price valuation. The bottom line is that you are essentially doing the same as buying an item if you gather it.

TL;DR: I think the restrictions on trade hurt the game, not help it. Not only does it stymie interaction between friends and guildmates, it also hurts the very thing it purports to protect (the economy) and trivializes the depth and potential this game has, especially with such a detailed crafting system and core gameplay centered around resource management.

3 people like this

Posted

This post makes valid points and i hope that Daum does look into the issues that he raises because i agree with him. That being said, i haven't really seen anyone propose any solutions so for now i think myself and a lot of other players are just going to enjoy the game since we've paid for it and hold off the cash shop until the devs respond in some way to the issues raised on the forums like trading or pvp punishments. On another note i still think that they've created a great game that i'm enjoying thoroughly but i still hope that the mighty devs look into these mighty issues that plague the forums.     

Posted (edited)

So prefacing this with, I actually like the game. But it's okay to like something and think it needs improvements. I feel a lot like the OP myself, honestly. Please don't confuse sitting in a dungeon queue and wanting to party as the same thing. I'd love for this game to be less solo play and more about pushing people to be more social. I love grouping with my friends and it'd be nice to have some benefit to that. As it is now though my friends barely log because the world apparently feels really big but lonely.

On the outside it's a game where you are having conversations with npcs & building relationships, huge trade routes, homes, nodes, animal breeding and adventuring, which to me screams social, community and fun. But on the inside it's all of those things, with a lot of walls put up to prevent much open interaction. In other games if I had friends joining me that were new to MMOs or new to the game in general, I'd give them stuff I'd saved in my inventory to get started. Not being able to do that here to stop a few gold sellers is confusing. Not being able to interact when crafting and trade back and forth with people who may need it is frustrating as well. 

But I guess my biggest disappointment, is that my friends just aren't logging in, because it feels as I mentioned big, and lonely. It feels like a single player RPG where you happen to see other live players running by. They aren't blowing off Black Desert for another mmo, or because it doesn't have a million dungeons they want to sit in queues for. They aren't logging in because if they wanted to play a large, non linear RPG, they'd just go play anything Elder Scrolls. For me, I'm still around because the world is pretty and I can log in, kill a few things, and log off and doing something else. I for sure don't devote the same amount of time here as I would in other MMOs. I realize some of the problem can be fixed with a guild, but that is just a band aid on the issue really. 

- Me

Edited by Grixdale
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

-snip-

I hate rants like this. So so much..

But, I agree with you, and I hate myself for it. The trading is very anti-social and I very rarely find myself interacting with other people. I -almost- would rather have gold buyers with a better (and more reasonable) way to report them than this. Also, my guild has to split into THREE SEPERATE GUILDS because of how large it was. We don't really get to chat with each other unless its on Discord, we barely feel like one large guild.. more like three guilds with one leader. : /

As for the AI, I've actually noticed they seem a bit more responsive than they were in the KR version. Is that just me? I think they're actually working on this, and this will be fixed in time. The other things I think are probably here to stay, and that's unfortunate. Maybe they'll compromise and give us a better system in the end.

+1, man. 

Edited by Jaei
-snippity snip snip-

Posted

There is lot of potential and we as a community, by posting threads like this, make the company (DAUM) understand our needs. We have to show them we want such changes. I have to agree with the OP as well. I love the game but there are too many restrictions. They should ease up a bit more and let the game be a bit more social friendly, if that makes sense.

except you think the whole community wants this shit and they dont im happy the vocal minority is ignored here only thing agreeable is pvp karma hits as for general chat they can stack that shit to the roof its 90% 4chan meme bullshit if guilds or people actually need help then they can dish it out

1 person likes this

Posted

except you think the whole community wants this shit and they dont im happy the vocal minority is ignored here only thing agreeable is pvp karma hits as for general chat they can stack that shit to the roof its 90% 4chan meme bullshit if guilds or people actually need help then they can dish it out

Wow dude!, that run-on-sentence just made me not want  to take you seriously anymore.

Posted (edited)

Just because a company doesn't openly respond doesn't mean the vocal "minority" is ignored. Studios work in pipelines, since the game just launched they have a lot ahead I'm sure before they can even start addressing things like this. Changes in things like how trading and the market work would probably take a lot more time and it wouldn't be as easy as just flipping a switch. 

People need to voice their concerns and frustrations clearly and politely, while being patient to see if in the coming months their needs are addressed.

Edited by Grixdale

Posted

How is it that there is this segment of people who are demanding a "feature" they claim is critical for this MMO to be an MMO missing the simple fact that this was expressly and intentionally excluded from the game, as an advertised tenet and a principle?  How in Hades can you expect anyone to give you any sort of credence when you're asking for the developers to reverse one of the design features that many of us, a majority of us, bought into and fully support?

I understand the desire to see a product improve and evolve —but not to the point of asking the leopard to change its spots.  I think you'd have better luck in getting SWTOR to bless full nudity or for a LEGO MMO game to allow blood and guts instead of bricks.

Posted

How is it that there is this segment of people who are demanding a "feature" they claim is critical for this MMO to be an MMO missing the simple fact that this was expressly and intentionally excluded from the game, as an advertised tenet and a principle?  How in Hades can you expect anyone to give you any sort of credence when you're asking for the developers to reverse one of the design features that many of us, a majority of us, bought into and fully support?

I understand the desire to see a product improve and evolve —but not to the point of asking the leopard to change its spots.  I think you'd have better luck in getting SWTOR to bless full nudity or for a LEGO MMO game to allow blood and guts instead of bricks.

I don't mean this to be rude, but when you offer an opinion, just like the fellow above, it helps to only speak for yourself. Saying things like "the majority of..." implies you are speaking for a community. Which you aren't, it really helps to voice opinions and concerns for yourself.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love BDO, just because I have issues with the fact that an MMO is really not an MMO does not mean I should leave and play another game. Believe it or not, suggestions sometimes help games get developed. If it weren't for us complaining before the party system would still be broken along with many other things. 

If you disagree with anything I've said you're welcome to post your opinion but telling people to leave doesn't help anything. 

Ignore the haters, those who are blinded to the flaws of the game are the ones who contribute to its destruction, the sensible ones who love it yet can see the flaws are the ones who actually try to improve it and make it better. Sadly though there's far too deluded people and the devs will only listen to masses even if it means their own downfall

1 person likes this

Posted

to add my 2 cents:  i have tried mmos with the features that many are asking to have added to bdo and i wasn't so happy with the final results of those features, for example the over-the-top inflation of auction house items.  i came to bdo for something other...something different.  i am willing to play bdo as is in hopes of a different outcome than other mmos have had.

Do you know how civilized people name ones - that do exactly same thing over and over, expecting every time  different results....?

Posted

MOBS

Mobs are the easiest things in this game, even strong type mobs that are "violent" are easy. 1 person can clear his/her way EASILY to max level and beyond without ever needing to group or seek assistance. There are no dungeons, barely any world bosses (unless summoned - but they're pretty easy and if you can dodge you can farm bosses) so there is no need to form any[groups];

" 1 person can clear his/her way EASILY to max level and beyond without ever needing to group or seek assistance."

This is true of 90% of mmos out there. And dungeons aside that's pretty true about the bulk of games. MMO's that strongly push *NEEDING* a group, especially to level, have largely either failed or gone super casual to meet market demands.

GROUPS / PARTIES

Until very recently this game had grouping completely wrong. You were penalized for grouping, but since CBT2 they changed the values you get from xp around a little bit which improved it a bit. But now unless you're soloing or in a party of 3 or 5 you're either missing out or wasting xp. :/ Also, a note about the world bosses which "encourage" teamwork of up to "40 players" is kind of false, and the devs even admit it. With skill and gear it can be completed with approx 10 people which really means 1 person can handle that world boss(If he gets a chance ^^). And again very recently, if you participated in killing the world boss, you weren't even guaranteed a drop- which was changed for the release of NA. Why would Devs try so hard to hurt the player base?

Talking about a non-point. If by "very recently" you mean LAUNCH sure. And the content of this point is IN DIRECT CONFLICT with the point you just made about not needing a group. Which is it? Do you not need a group or are you being cheated for not being in a group?

GUILDS

You can only have a max player count of 100 in a guild. Well what happens if there are more people wishing to join said guild? Sorry, you have to split up or ----- off. Again this punishes teamwork/cooperation, they don't want you to have too many friends. One reason for this would be to weaken the efforts of massive guilds taking over the entire world, but this was already accomplished by simply allowing guilds to either own nodes or sections which makes sense because it gives other smaller guilds a chance to participate in sieges. With the current system, because large guilds are broken up- they have a chance to own BOTH NODES AND AREAS which is something the other mechanic was in place to counter. What a wasted effort. This only punishes the players base even more, you're either upset because your entire guild cannot cooperate together and have to split up or you're upset because your small guild has no chance against the 3+ 100player guilds who have the ability to take over the entire world because they're split. 

100 cap for a guild is kind of a lot of people unless it's just a straight up zerg guild; and it's really not all that different from other game's guild caps. And a small guild wouldn't have any more of a chance against a 300 man guild than 3 100 man guilds, so really not seeing how this is a valid point either; furthermore people are always going to game the system... if guilds had a 500 player cap but you could only control 1 thing as a guild those huge guilds would splinter to cover more ground and work with massive alliances to dominate anyways.

TRADING

Is there really anything to be said here? I can understand a lot of the little kids wont be able to read between the lines, but the idea behind not being able to trade is because of "gold spammers" and "gold sellers". What does this mean really? This means that the developers are treating each and every player as a gold sellers. Taking away a fundamental aspect of an MMO and blame it on gold spammers is called collective punishment. They're punishing the entire player base by not allowing any trading whatsoever only to combat gold sellers. If this game is not P2W, gold sellers therefore are completely irrelevant. Everything in the game currently aside from pets can be obtained simply by playing the game. Buying gold would only shorten the amount of grinding one has to do, not very game breaking. Gold sellers will find a way to sell gold. IF they don't sell gold, they'll sell accounts with gold in them. The only way I can see gold sellers disappearing is if the devs are selling gold for cheaper, but lets face it $32 for a shirt, I doubt they'll even consider it. By preventing trading you are eliminating an important part of an MMO which is player interaction. So far everything in this game discourages player interaction and trading is a massive example of it.

Also I just want to toss in my 2cent here about the marketplace while I'm ranting. ----- off dev. If I want to purchase something off the marketplace I shouldn't have to be forced to pick the cheapest option. Maybe I want to -----ing buy the most expensive item? Why do you even care? And if you're going to force players to only buy the cheapest option THEN WHY HAVE THE MAX VALUE IN THE FIRST PLACE?! Its ridiculous. Again 100% this is to combat gold sellers BUT IM NOT A -----ING GOLD SELLER. 

Some valid points here, but seriously some massive logical failures too. Lets break this down because you kind of go all over the place...
"
What does this mean really? This means that the developers are treating each and every player as a gold sellers"
Actually it means they understand the time and effort it takes to combat them, and that also means money and resources that could be put elsewhere. Game after game is riddled with gold sellers and it's one of the most common complaints.
" If this game is not P2W, gold sellers therefore are completely irrelevant."
The biggest thing holding this game back from crossing the p2w line is the fact that you cannot buy in game money; which you could then use to enchant your gear to the nth degree... soooo opening the door to gold sellers would effectively make all the other efforts to curtail p2w moot.

You do have solid points about trading limiting an aspect of player interaction, but to what degree this actually hinders player interaction is really pretty arguable.

You move that into a rant about the min/max of the AH, which is a stop-gap for runaway inflation and players exploiting the market.

PVP

If you even think about killing someone, you're going to be punished. Even if you get attacked, and to defend yourself you attack back, you will be punished. If someone attacks your friend, you have to sit there and watch, or you will be punished, but don't worry your friend is also punished for being attacked. This system just blows my -----ing mind away. Someone please tell me why EVERYONE is punished for engaging in PvP when this game openly boasts about open-world PvP? I don't get it, if Devs don't want players to attack each other, why don't they just remove the mechanic entirely from the game? Because claiming this game to be PvP(which is not) is going to attract a lot of credit card fighters who will gladly spend money on the cash shop for things like xp buffs, hp buffs and anything else they can get their hands on. O the guillie suit, that of course. 

This game is not PvP, Even in guild wars, the players themselves specifically are not punished but the entire guild as a collective is. To declare war on another guild you have to pay 1 million silver and 300,000 every two hours the war lasts. The only thing a war accomplishes is it removed the -karma debuff when you attack/kill someone participating in the guild war. The kill count doesn't do jack shit, its merely for bragging rights. Guild cannot win anything for winning wars, the only thing that happens is the loss of money. 

The PvP karma system was put in place because of "griefers" and "pkers". Do you know what this means? By punishing EVERYONE who participates in PvP, the devs are treating EVERY player as a griefer or a Pker. Again, this is called collective punishment. We're all bad people, even if we're not. 

This is either a boldfaced misrepresentation of how karma works or an example of how you do not understand it. The only time you would take a negative karma hit for defending yourself is if you were negative karma and they aren't; and same thing goes with defending your friend. That being said, I am not a fan of the karma system but it was put in by repeated complaints from the PvE crowd; You'd hear no complaints from me about it being completely removed.

As for the War Dec costs... you are misinformed and talking about a different version, sorry. It's 100k not 1 million and I don't believe there is an upkeep fee.

Leaving out the part about chat because I don't particularly disagree with you there.

But the TLDR is that this post is rife with hyperbole and misinformation and you really should do your research before dropping a wall of text on us.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You haven't met 5% of the community so you wouldn't really know what the majority thinks, now would you? 

I did know that trading was not part of the game. But they keep putting limitations, more limitations on something that's almost completely unavailable. Why? The reason isn't because "a majority" of the community wanted to take trading away. The reason is because of gold sellers, this is coming directly from the devs. My rant (if you read it) is about the fact that we are being categorized as gold sellers and being punished as such. 

If a gold seller wanted to make money, they could create an account, get gold and sell the account. In fact, this happens in a lot of games. Continuing this trend of restrictions, soon we would all be forced to only use 1 password forever, and we cannot reset it because that way gold sellers wont be able to trade accounts.

At what point does it break down and become ridiculous? 

By the way, collective punishment never works. Ever. 

Edited by j0hnt2

Posted

I don't mean this to be rude, but when you offer an opinion, just like the fellow above, it helps to only speak for yourself. Saying things like "the majority of..." implies you are speaking for a community. Which you aren't, it really helps to voice opinions and concerns for yourself.

Okay, let's put it this way.  Daum was pretty open about the fact that there would be no player-to-player trading in the NA/EU release of BDO, and gave plenty of reasons for why this was no oversight, but intentional.  Why are you crying about something you KNEW (or should have known) was not ever intended to be a feature?  I would like to assume most people were not stupid and read the feature-set before purchasing.  So what's your excuse?

You haven't met 5% of the community so you wouldn't really know what the majority thinks, now would you? 

I did know that trading was not part of the game. But they keep putting limitations, more limitations on something that's almost completely unavailable. Why? The reason isn't because "a majority" of the community wanted to take trading away. The reason is because of gold sellers, this is coming directly from the devs. My rant (if you read it) is about the fact that we are being categorized as gold sellers and being punished as such. 

If a gold seller wanted to make money, they could create an account, get gold and sell the account. In fact, this happens in a lot of games. Continuing this trend of restrictions, soon we would all be forced to only use 1 password forever, and we cannot reset it because that way gold sellers wont be able to trade accounts.

At what point does it break down and become ridiculous? 

"Gee, Tesla, I came to your dealership to specifically buy a brand new Hummer, and all you had were these electric vehicles.  You're just not going to be very sucessful until you start selling the same gasoline powered vehicles as the other dealerships."

Posted

"Gee, Tesla, I came to your dealership to specifically buy a brand new Hummer, and all you had were these electric vehicles.  You're just not going to be very sucessful until you start selling the same gasoline powered vehicles as the other dealerships."

That's definitely not what I said. Its ok if you don't want to understand, I realize some people will have a hard time comprehending but I'll just leave this here with you, maybe you will get a clue.

Apollonius: Any thoughts on server population?

Brian Oh: We’re aiming for a single server to be able to house as many as ten thousand players.

Apollonius: Now that’s a big number compared to other games. Why do you want so many players in a server?

Brian Oh: Black Desert Online puts a lot of emphasis on player interaction, be it combat, trade or politics, so it is important to us, that there will be a population able to accomplish that.

Posted

That's definitely not what I said. Its ok if you don't want to understand, I realize some people will have a hard time comprehending but I'll just leave this here with you, maybe you will get a clue.

Brian Oh: We’re aiming for a single server to be able to house as many as ten thousand players.

Apollonius: Now that’s a big number compared to other games. Why do you want so many players in a server?

Brian Oh: Black Desert Online puts a lot of emphasis on player interaction, be it combat, trade or politics, so it is important to us, that there will be a population able to accomplish that.

That awkward moment when you realize the auction house is literally player trading...

Posted

Your problem is that you want to associate "Trade" with direct player-to-player trading.  There is Trade, just not the player-to-player variety you demand.  And right-or-wrong, despite whether their original post-it notes might have thought about free-and-open trading or not, they have since determined that it has far too many cons for a game that is not meant to be a pure trading simulation.  

Posted (edited)

That awkward moment when you realize the auction house is literally player trading...

Sure, in its most simplified form. Yet, they still manage to put limitations on it like who you can trade with and for how much money. Hilarious. 

Kind of sounds dictatorial if you ask me. 

they have since determined that it has far too many cons for a game that is not meant to be a pure trading simulation.  

Gold sellers? That's only 1 con. Let's punish 99% of the community to combat that pesky 1% of players who are selling gold. You're obviously confused and are missing the bigger picture. 

Edited by j0hnt2

Posted

Sure, in its most simplified form. Yet, they still manage to put limitations on it like who you can trade with and for how much money. Hilarious. 

I have no doubts that you feel that way, even if it's flaming hyperbole.

Actually direct trading is "it's most simplified form" (literally) and as I said on my break down of your rant those limitations are actually floating ceilings and floors based on median price and serve as a stop-gap for runaway inflation and prevents players from manipulating the market to the detriment of other players.

I think it's actually a pretty smart system that helps prevent people from abusing the market to make items unobtainable or prevent massive under-cutting to maintain the integrity of in game value of items.

Posted

You're clearly right, see?

kim_jung_un_clapping.thumb.gif.285ad0a08

1 person likes this

Posted

Gold sellers? That's only 1 con. Let's punish 99% of the community to combat that pesky 1% of players who are selling gold. You're obviously confused and are missing the bigger picture. 

"Punish"?  "99%"? Now who is presuming to speak for the majority?!?!

Posted

I have no doubts that you feel that way, even if it's flaming hyperbole.
Actually direct trading is "it's most simplified form" (literally) and as I said on my break down of your rant those limitations are actually floating ceilings and floors based on median price and serve as a stop-gap for runaway inflation and prevents players from manipulating the market to the detriment of other players.

I think it's actually a pretty smart system that helps prevent people from abusing the market to make items unobtainable or prevent massive under-cutting to maintain the integrity of in game value of items.

Have you seen the AH lately? The items are either priced way too high to purchase or are completely flawed in the sense that rare items will sell for lower price than the cheaper quality armor. How does that make sense? It doesn't kind sir. 

And the restictive AH is actually a simplified for of trading, because there is no trading involved. Trading between players usually includes negotiations and bargaining. The only type of trading we're allowed to do is sell our items for the determined lowest amount of money to get our items to sell. If we're buying we can only buy the cheapest item. It just doesn't make sense and we're all being punished because of a few gold sellers. 

"Punish"?  "99%"? Now who is presuming to speak for the majority?!?!

Yes, I doubt the gold seller market is more than 1% of the playerbase, if not even smaller. Are you slow? I feel like I'm wasting my time talking to someone who clearly is not equip to handle such advanced topics. 

1 person likes this