• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

guide Named workers (Location and bonuses)

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. I've decided to work on a spreadsheet with all the named workers around BDO universe. For those who don't know, these are NPCs you get to hire as workers after you get 500 amity with them. All workers are yellow grade and have an inherent ability.

Please notice some information is still to be confirmed. If you spot any errors or have any suggestions please do reply to this thread or send me a private message.

Also, do make sure you read the FAQ below to avoid confusion or frustration in the future.

Link to spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/zysn45u

Recent changes:

16/03/2016

:: Changed Tarte's race from Goblin to Human

:: Changed Bravant's inherent ability

:: Confirmed Bravant's affiliation (Trent)

13/03/2016

:: Redesigned worksheet for easier visualization

:: Workers' stats are now in individual cells and highest values have been highlighted

:: Added screenshots with workers' locations (hover your mouse cursor over node)

:: Added more named workers

F.A.Q.

Q1 - What's so special about these workers?

• A1: They are professional workers (yellow grade) and have an inherent ability. Also, they are named NPCs which I particularly like because it just makes my life easier when I want to assign them to a task. ATTENTION: these workers CANNOT be promoted to artisan/legendary.

Q2 - So are they better than any worker I can get from the worker's supervisor?

• A2 - Not necessarily. Base stats and worker skills matter a whole lot. It's up to you to decide which stats and set of skills work out best for you in a given situation. Nevertheless, I would say some of them are a very decent option until you have energy to spare on gambling for workers.

Q3 - Ok, cool! How do I get them?

• A3 - You need to locate them and play amity game (conversation) until you reach 500 amity, after which it will unlock the possibility of buying a special contract for 15k silver. Do NOT try the amity game unless you have knowledge on at least 80% of the people the NPC is interested in.

Q4 - How do I increase my amity level with the NPC?

• A4 - There are plenty of guides out there. But essentially you want to make sure beforehand that you'll have knowledge on at least 80% of the people the NPC is interested in. You can check that list by clicking on the NPC. Then, when the minigame starts, you just need to read the condition shown on top of each conversation and play your "cards" accordingly. Seriously, make sure to read the condition. Some conversations will only be sucessfull if you FAIL to spark the interest of the NPC. Notice that some "cards" have a combo - even though I don't consider this to be fundamental, do read them before you play them mindlessly. The key to win at this game is to ALWAYS do the follow-up conversation since it will cost no energy and will boost the amount of amity gain. I've managed to go over 500 amity on all NPCs by spending a maximum of 15-20 energy on each given I had collected all the KNOWLEDGE I needed beforehand.

Q5 - Can I bind the workers to any city I choose?

• A5 - No. The workers are bound to the city displayed in the contract.

Q6 - I've bought the contract but I can't seem to claim it. What's wrong?

• A6 - Check your lodging space and try again. Notice that each worker is affiliated with a determined city, that's where you'll need to get additional lodging.

Q7 - I've accidently fired the worker / deleted the contract. What do I do?

• A7 - Just go back to the NPC (use the ingame search function to make it easier to find) and buy a new contract. You can buy it as many times as you want and you can have multiple of the same named worker out. ie: 5 Parcci's. HOWEVER you'll have to reach 500 amity again (not sure if from 0 or somewhere in between).

Q8 - I can't be bothered getting them all. Which worker is the best?

• A8 - Please notice that each player has a different approach to the game's economy so there is no right answer to this question. For example, if you are mainly a gatherer you'll want a different set of workers than a crafter would have. Also your gaming habits will determine whether it's efficient or not to bet on a specific worker. Taking the goblin worker Tirol as an example, this guy has a massive working speed (90) but extremely low stamina (5). This means if you are offline or AFK for long periods of time, chances are this guy will be out of stamina a good percentage of that time, making it less efficient for mass production than, say, a giant worker with 30 stamina and average work speed.

TIPS:

1. Create alts and do the tutorial (you'll know when you're done the moment you can see your energy bar, minimap n such). Both your knowledge and energy pools are shared amongst all your characters. If you don't feel like "wasting" your main character's energy on conversations, you can simply switch between characters and spend their energy instead. This "trick" is just as good to many other things such as node investment, intermediate crafting or strategic placement of farms.

EDIT: Attached a text only document (open it in wordpad for formatting reasons) for those who feel insecure opening my spreadsheet link. It does not contain screenshots though.

NAMED WORKERS - TEXT ONLY.rtf

Edited by FalseFiction
Updates
32 people like this

Posted

Thanks for this! Man I'm already maxed on workers in Velia, gonna have to figure out who to fire to replace with these guys.

Posted

Thanks for this! Man I'm already maxed on workers in Velia, gonna have to figure out who to fire to replace with these guys.

No problem :) Lodging is quite limited in Velia unfortunately, but I'm sure you'll find a way!

Posted

Thanks so much for this! Hate having to promote workers and having them fail >.>

Posted

there is a video on youtube and that has all the yellow location and name in it

Posted

Thanks for the video

Posted

Most likely human worker Tarte at Gabino Farm west of Heidel. Just found him and guessed he is potential worker because of 500 amity shop. Not confirmed.

Posted (edited)

Most likely human worker Tarte at Gabino Farm west of Heidel. Just found him and guessed he is potential worker because of 500 amity shop. Not confirmed.

Thanks for the info. I did find him and now the guide is updated with more workers and added screenshots.

As for the video posted above, it's always good to have multiple sources of content :) I'll keep the spreadsheet up since it's being used by a lot of people currently.

Edited by FalseFiction
1 person likes this

Posted

Nice! Thanks. Please do keep a document version live.

Posted

Nice! Thanks. Please do keep a document version live.

No problem. I'm currently working on another guide, but this will be up and updated as often as needed.

Posted

He not human hes a junk giant. Let me SS it. As you can see he is a building worker. I hate giants slowest things ever And I want materials fast. ANysways SS is included the NPC was byy the apple trees .... Pretty sure it s the one

2016-03-13_8281651.JPG

Posted

I have to point out the somewhat not obvious thing:

You can hire them multiple times! (Just reach 500 Amity again) and can never promote them to Legendary.

Posted

He not human hes a junk giant. Let me SS it. As you can see he is a building worker. I hate giants slowest things ever And I want materials fast. ANysways SS is included the NPC was byy the apple trees .... Pretty sure it s the one

2016-03-13_8281651.JPG

Thanks for the input. Tarte is actually a Goblin, from Gabino Farm. The one you linked is Parcci from Finto Farm :)

I have to point out the somewhat not obvious thing:

You can hire them multiple times! (Just reach 500 Amity again) and can never promote them to Legendary.

This is correct. It's also in the FAQ (2nd tab of the spreadsheet). I'm considering editing the original post and include the FAQ as some people might be missing it in the document.

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/npcs/friendly/

Set the page to 100 and you can scroll through them pretty quick. Everyone with Yellow text is a worker that can be hired.

1 person likes this

Posted

FAQ now added to the original post.

Posted

did not know this was even a thing. thanks for sharing.

Posted

FAQ now added to the original post.

Great, I have indeed missed that.

Q5 could be expanded saying that if you connect cities, you can use the worker from other city on nodes of second city. If you have some speedy goblins, it might be even viable. Sometimes I suck up the longer time rather than bother with Transport (eg. Keplan -> Calpheon -> Heidel).

Posted

I want chime in on something here and laugh at me if you want but this is reality and I bet there are many others like me.

Security is a huge issue for me. I wont actually ever click your links no matter how safe or what you say. Instead of going from site to site I suggest an easy Alternative.

This is how it works.

Enter the info into a text Document and organize it(this uses notepad). Notepad works best because we all have it almost. I think it come with Turbo C++ distributable or actual windows legit versions(we don't used hacked things because we want the jobs here :) ) which you must have to play the game.

You can copy all the info by pressing control + A(highlights everything in doc) and then control + c(loads the highlighted text into memory so you can paste it) to use the "copy Feature", you can then minimize it and return to your text document on you pc and press control+v to paste it(in the document of choice). If you're new to this which I doubt just create a new folder and put some documents in there named 1,2, and 3. SO you can test this out.

Now you have an updated document on your pc that you can upload and download in seconds with less than 4 clicks and post to web sites, guild, forums, and this forum. As much as I would love to see the info how can I ever feel safe on the internet when companies can't even control gold spam. Ill include three pictures that show what I am talking about and the only reason general and channel is turned on is to take these pictures.

IMO it breaks the MMO experience that companies allow this, at the very least the company should stop it and sell the service(itself and it would be legit). I'm not saying that's what I want but I'm saying why let gold seller A make any money off the title you made/published. Now you ruin my experience of the game, causing me to turn on off features and miss out on a large social aspect that I need to have a successful character in year or two(with friends).

Anyhow, that wraps that up but if you would consider posting something in a text document more along the lines of copy and paste I think you will get more views and help our growing community out more. People don't want adds, spam, or things they are unsure of which = (unsafe in their opinion). It all makes sense and I hope you can make this happen I'd love to get some more orange workers. Especially the humans.

If you cant well below is three pictures taken since last night that ruin my game experience for BDO and cause lack of trust for any link I cannot full understand the routing for.

This site does allow direct upload and if your not worried about your computer tighten up your shared folders and stop making us visit 10 sites to watch a 45 minute video on how to make beer. Doesn't apply here but you get the point.

Pictures included below from last 12 or so hours, I hope you understand what I am saying. I do not even have a facebook or twitter as the features provide nothing in life that I need or want. Now newegg and some other sites have my vote. But all this other stuff that has popped up over the years feels unsafe and I can and have found flaws in the security of a large majority of them but due to circumstances I can't disclose more.

Make itr more simple for me to use these forums as Daum is good people and I trust them!!!

Thanks

RYan

<Excel>GM

Ninjerd 1/7 characters

Family Name: Broken Spirit2016-03-14_45815893.thumb.JPG.6298f2fc572016-03-14_20402788.thumb.JPG.fe3bd9c5942016-03-14_15749537.thumb.JPG.a058ac26952016-03-14_13577725.thumb.JPG.a57f385c30 

Posted

I can confirm (I have them both) Sixto AND Khaora are both Keplan. I can get a screenshot if required when I get home.

Posted (edited)

I want chime in on something here and laugh at me if you want but this is reality and I bet there are many others like me.

Security is a huge issue for me. I wont actually ever click your links no matter how safe or what you say. Instead of going from site to site I suggest an easy Alternative.

This is how it works.

Enter the info into a text Document and organize it(this uses notepad). Notepad works best because we all have it almost. I think it come with Turbo C++ distributable or actual windows legit versions(we don't used hacked things because we want the jobs here :) ) which you must have to play the game.

You can copy all the info by pressing control + A(highlights everything in doc) and then control + c(loads the highlighted text into memory so you can paste it) to use the "copy Feature", you can then minimize it and return to your text document on you pc and press control+v to paste it(in the document of choice). If you're new to this which I doubt just create a new folder and put some documents in there named 1,2, and 3. SO you can test this out.

Now you have an updated document on your pc that you can upload and download in seconds with less than 4 clicks and post to web sites, guild, forums, and this forum. As much as I would love to see the info how can I ever feel safe on the internet when companies can't even control gold spam. Ill include three pictures that show what I am talking about and the only reason general and channel is turned on is to take these pictures.

IMO it breaks the MMO experience that companies allow this, at the very least the company should stop it and sell the service(itself and it would be legit). I'm not saying that's what I want but I'm saying why let gold seller A make any money off the title you made/published. Now you ruin my experience of the game, causing me to turn on off features and miss out on a large social aspect that I need to have a successful character in year or two(with friends).

Anyhow, that wraps that up but if you would consider posting something in a text document more along the lines of copy and paste I think you will get more views and help our growing community out more. People don't want adds, spam, or things they are unsure of which = (unsafe in their opinion). It all makes sense and I hope you can make this happen I'd love to get some more orange workers. Especially the humans.

If you cant well below is three pictures taken since last night that ruin my game experience for BDO and cause lack of trust for any link I cannot full understand the routing for.

This site does allow direct upload and if your not worried about your computer tighten up your shared folders and stop making us visit 10 sites to watch a 45 minute video on how to make beer. Doesn't apply here but you get the point.

Pictures included below from last 12 or so hours, I hope you understand what I am saying. I do not even have a facebook or twitter as the features provide nothing in life that I need or want. Now newegg and some other sites have my vote. But all this other stuff that has popped up over the years feels unsafe and I can and have found flaws in the security of a large majority of them but due to circumstances I can't disclose more.

Make itr more simple for me to use these forums as Daum is good people and I trust them!!!

Thanks

RYan

<Excel>GM

Ninjerd 1/7 characters

Family Name: Broken Spirit2016-03-14_45815893.thumb.JPG.6298f2fc572016-03-14_20402788.thumb.JPG.fe3bd9c5942016-03-14_15749537.thumb.JPG.a058ac26952016-03-14_13577725.thumb.JPG.a57f385c30 

Not sure what you want me to say here. I understand and share the frustration towards goldsellers but this is not a rant thread. But I will consider your view of things and might release a text doc soonish.:)

Edited by FalseFiction
1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't know this was even a thing. So thanks!

Posted (edited)

I can confirm (I have them both) Sixto AND Khaora are both Keplan. I can get a screenshot if required when I get home.

That would be much appreciated :)

This is how it works.

Here's the text document you've requested. I would recommend opening it with notepad. Please notice it has no screenshots, but still it should be enough for you to find the workers. This file will also be added to orignal post.

Edited by FalseFiction

Posted

Not sure what you want me to say here. I understand and share the frustration towards goldsellers but this is not a rant thread. But I will consider your view of things and might release a text doc soonish.:)

I'm so sorry for the rant it doesn't belong here and you are 100% right. I'm just pissy over not being able to socialize at all in this game because of them.

The sooner on that text document the better. All I need is type of worker- color- and approx. location. I have the knowledge.

Thanks

Posted

I'm so sorry for the rant it doesn't belong here and you are 100% right. I'm just pissy over not being able to socialize at all in this game because of them.

The sooner on that text document the better. All I need is type of worker- color- and approx. location. I have the knowledge.

Thanks

The text document is attached to the original post ;) enjoy

1 person likes this