• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

260 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The hair currently suffers from severe Graphical Bugs. Since I have started playing a new bug has appeared after every major patch. 

Lighting Bug:

Since CBT1 the hair does not interact with Light properly. This goes for all hair/fur/feathers/transparent fabrics, including horses, Pets, and any feathers/fur on armor/objects and NPC's. 

1. During the day it is too light.
  2. During the day in shade it is too dark.
  3. During Sunset it has a gray cast, is too light and the wrong color.
  4. During night darker hair is black with no color,   lighter hair colors glows in the dark (Light red and white).
  5. Some textures (Like the feathered hose gear) appear another color from a distance, then when you get closer the actual color pops in.
  6. On other players screens your hair appears significantly lighter. 
  7. All lighting options in Create mode render a different result than the actual in game lighting, making it imposable to get the right hair color the first try. Most of the time the hair looks 2 or 3 shades lighter in game then it did in Create mode.

See through Bug:

After CBT2  the hair now is see through. You can see the outline of your characters head and ears through the hair. It is more prominent in light-medium hair shades.

1. The head outline and ears can be see through your characters hair. As if it is partially transparent.
  2. If you stand in front of someone your hair will be invisible on the parts it is in front of the other players hair.
  3. When certain outfits (Kibelius for example)  are equipped it causes hair transparency and hair to shorten.
  4. when standing behind water (such as a waterfall) hair becomes sparse and jagged.

Hair on top Overwriting other things:

Hair makes some other things transparent when they are placed in front of it. (hard to explain, see pictures)

1. Hair shows over of other peoples hair textures.
  2. Hair shows over some clothing items, such as the Atanis Headpiece.

Hair Physics:

After launch some hair styles do not move right in game anymore. They bounce like they are slinkings or bags filled with water. at times stretching out one direction.

1. Some hairs bounce and move unrealistically.
  2. Other hairs seem to not move at all.

Changes during Hide UI:

After the soft launch headstart the hair now changes when you hide the UI. the changes are more Prominent from a distance, versus up close.

1. During Hide UI the hair  changes. The hair appears to interact with the lighting differently, causing it to seem thinner, shorter and even have gaps.

Hair looks different to other players:

I noticed while looking at my friend play, my characters hair was MUCH lighter then it is on my screen. Their characters hair likewise looked lighter on my screen. 

1. Other people's character's hair appears lighter than the one you are playing.

NA/EU hair vs other regions:

After watching some videos of the RU version I noticed their hair is much better done than ours. 

1. NA/EU hair texture is flat, see through and lighter colors glows in the dark.

Not just hair: Feathers, Fur and some Fabrics:

Other material's suffer from this glowing bug. Anything fur like or fabric that is partially transparent seems to be effected/

1. Feathers, fur on both armor and animals glow. Some fabrics (mostly partially transparent) glow also.

Examples (Work in Progress): All Images were taken on max settings (not with high end mode active) with color filters disabled.

Red, Black And White hair during different times of the day.

hair_lighting_table1.thumb.jpg.097163750

Red, Black And White hair during night and near town lights at night.

hair_lighting_table2.thumb.jpg.2e364d7c9

Versus In Create mode (Lighting option 1)

hair_lighting_table3.thumb.jpg.9eee15b2c

I think we all recognize this scene at night.

People and Horses with dark hair are not as badly affected (Though there hair color does change sometimes) the light haired ones glow at night.

hair_glows.thumb.jpg.b08da61a4c013b39103

RU vs NA/EU hair. As you can see the RU version has much more detailed hair and does not look see through or glitchy.

RUvsNA_hair.thumb.png.d4e5095ac4e56e5107

Can see hair when behind someone else's hair.

hairbleedsthroughhair.thumb.png.04590ab7

Hair appears to be on top of Atanis veil.

hairinfrontofveilbug.thumb.png.a1b7936a3

Hair become sparse and broken behind flowing water.

hairthinsbehindwater.thumb.png.65390aa57

Transparent Fabric Glow bug on Rene Charles pants:

2016-06-29_1180893334.thumb.jpg.bc696938

A video of KR characters hair.

Hi...I found this video and it is currently in Korea. I think this is one of the best example that the hair should look like and my god the details of the shadow casting from almost every strands of hair on his character!!!! Not to mention it is a bright color and its not blown out like we currently have right now. =(  

https://youtu.be/47nocWlVFPY?list=PLdzMLfeLXi0pxBeuEeBXQNUZukmwIwCYQ

I find it strange since everything else in this game interacts with lighting so realistically. Fabric, armor, environment, skin. Everything looks so realistically shaded... then the hair is glowing and changing colors constantly. Seems like a huge oversight.

UPDATE FROM PEARL ABYSS!!!!

Hey everyone, sorry for my absents. Have not really been playing BDO.

I just read an interview with Pearl Abyss, seems they are aware of this bug! Sadly it seems to be caused by the engine, and they might not be able to fix that.(Just like the horrible Pop in)

You can read the full interview here: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/09/11/black-desert-online-interview-pearl-abyss-talks-dark-elves-future-updates-fixes-and-much-more/

"

GN: Another problem is that under certain lighting conditions hair becomes a little “neon.”

PA: I know, I hate it! (laughs)

GN: Will that be mitigated as well?

PA: That problem is actually linked directly to the game’s engine, and we keep complaining about it ourselves, since the cosmetic side of our game is really important for us. We’re totally aware of it.

GN: Is the engine made by another studio?

PA: No it’s made internally.

GN: So you’re basically complaining with your own colleagues.

PA: (Laughs).

GN: We’ll wait. I have black hair, so I’m fine I guess…

PA: Yeah, bright hair is a problem in game for now. Mine is white so… And yellow colors are totally bright as well."

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive, I really feel if we not voiced so loudly here it may of not been asked. Lets hope they can find a solution!

Edited by Z.chu
37 people like this

Posted

There is also a ton of issues with hairstyles not having shaping enabled for certain classes, but working perfectly fine with others.

There is also a transparency issue with one of the hair styles when shortening it's length (image below).

USqrJPd.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep, I've been noticing all these issues as well. :/ 

It's really annoying, and as you said, very odd, considering how great most other things look and work (and that it wasn't as bad in CB1). It's kinda ridiculous how many problems have been stacking up for just the hair. It's made all the more depressing because the hair is actually really well done. If you look at the Korean version and see how it's meant to look, it's absolutely stunning! Sadly, due to all bugginess of it in our version it's wonder is totally lost. I really hope they address all this at some point. :(

Don't have anything new to add at the moment, but I'll keep an eye out.
Here's a good example of one of the issues I snagged the other night though. High settings, no color filters.

HairBugExample_001.png

1 person likes this

Posted

2016-03-14_16828555.thumb.JPG.aae615dac32016-03-14_16823906.thumb.JPG.2f62dad77e

clearly the UI is related. 

Thanks Tips, something clearly is up.

2016-03-03_6692467.JPG

2016-03-03_7092340.JPG

2016-03-03_7205184.JPG

2016-03-14_16797619.JPG

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Venslar armor is currently bugged, as well as hair. Check this out: http://imgur.com/a/SZTA3

I think it has something to do with hair, feathers and fur being abnormally sensitive to ambient light data.

Edit: I should add that I do not have the see-through problem. That seems to be a separate bug.

come in under the shadow of this rock.jpg

Edited by Lesbia
more info
1 person likes this

Posted

The hair in this game has sooo many problems but I doubt they will ever be fixed. :<

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sorry everyone, I made replies to all your comments but when i post it cuts them all out. I have no idea why, but the site has been buggy for me lately.

Thank you all for sharing your experience and screencaps of this hair issue. Keep posting! :D

Edited by Z.chu

Posted

I hope they fix these issues. In a world as lovingly and beautifully crafted as they made, these issues are absolutely glaring, standing out like sore thumbs. Thank you for bringing it to their attention!  *fingers crossed that they fix it!*

Posted

I hope they fix these issues. In a world as lovingly and beautifully crafted as they made, these issues are absolutely glaring, standing out like sore thumbs. Thank you for bringing it to their attention!  *fingers crossed that they fix it!*

I hope so too!

You are so right, the fact the rest of the game is so well done make sit all the more noticeable. Seems really weird it got past the devs into launch! I also don't really know why our version would be worse than the others.

1 person likes this

Posted

Same here, I hope they fix it soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also having terrible issues with how the hair looks on all graphics settings. Looks the worst on horses for me, which bums me out because I've been working on breeding nice horses. Would love a fix for it soon, even if the hair doesn't look fantastic for me I'd love for it to display the right color at least.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm having same problem too, but when I see other ppl screenshots I noticed that this problem is not happening to everyone. I'm using GTX 980 so is this hardware problem? Anyone with AMD having this issue?

1 person likes this

Posted

This post needs to be stickied or bumped until the admins acknowledge it. Excellent write up.

I'm running and AMD 290x and I get these issues too. It is a problem across all cards.

4 people like this

Posted

I'm having same problem too, but when I see other ppl screenshots I noticed that this problem is not happening to everyone. I'm using GTX 980 so is this hardware problem? Anyone with AMD having this issue?

I have not seen anyone's screen shots where it does not have this problem in our version. In videos and screencaps of RU and KR version the hair looks completely different.

I use a Geforce Graphics card myself. GTX 970m.

If anyone is not having this issue please post a screenie/video and let us know your set up. Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

It is pretty ridiculous that such a large and visible bug made it through all the betas without ever being acknowledged. They really need a community manager.

1 person likes this

Posted

This isn't that big of a deal to fix, I have done some 3d models and during rendering I had this kind of problems and it might happen when you are importing 3d models to other softwares. The problem is that surface of the hair is not created properly or the materials are not compatible with other software.

The hair meshes might have done single sided and that makes it invisible from certain point of view and in this case the hair model is for some reason inverted. I attach bad sample of single sided mesh and double sided mesh. But anyway when you look at the complicated 3d model like pigtails, you can see that the problem is the surface of the hair, it's inverted and does not render it correctly.

meshsample.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

This has been bothering me a lot, especially how hair glows in the dark. I didn't realize it was a bug and that is was fixed in the RU version.

It is actually the only reason I have not bought a long haired cat from the pearl shop.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

2 people like this

Posted

I would love to create 2nd character, but this hair render issue is holding me back. When they fix this, I hope daum gives us a chance to alter our characters hair. There will be lot of angry people when they notice that the characters appearance has changed after fix.

Posted

Glad to hear it's a bug, never played other region versions so wasn't sure if it's really that horrible.

And here's my horses green hairline, under specific lightning it can be bright green.

BlackDesert64 2016-03-17 19-38-58-082.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes! Hair is extremely frustrating. Has anyone been seeing NPC hair glitches?? Their hair is definitely not supposed to be white/grey. I first noticed it during a cutscene at Delphe Castle, then again in this screenshot when I switched to my alt. I've only noticed it on NPCs related to black spirit quests , but I also haven't run around checking yet. I might do so in the morning and grab some more screenshots.

2016-03-17_545442828.PNG

Posted (edited)

This is still a major issue and needs a response from admins or devs.

Edited by CountingWizard
3 people like this

Posted

I'm  wondering if the bugged hair textures mixing with bugged lighting effects  (dark nights missing) is what is causing the glowing hair?

Not only is the hair wrong here, the skin color and makeup are off. Could all be related to a lighting bug? 

2016-03-17_541027411.thumb.PNG.2e5946ee1 

Nights really aren't dark.  Lighting bug?

2016-03-18_627715623.thumb.jpg.2f6b90297

Black water. Lighting bug?

2016-03-19_635185288.thumb.PNG.7c4e2b76c

NPC hair bright white and see through. (I had the Filmic filter and low gamma on when I took this screenshot, but it doesn't affect the bug.)

2016-03-18_629271161.thumb.PNG.a251d3802

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome pics. Still no response from admins.

I wonder if these are issues that have already affected the korean versions but were later patched out, or if it is a result of our own special little localization.

Posted

Throwing in my support. The shader issues with hair definitely need to be looked at and asap. A game with character creation like BDO shouldn't launch with issues like this.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

nBZvx.png

This really needs to be fixed or at least addressed.

Edited by Beauty
4 people like this