• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

260 posts in this topic

Posted

Come on, are you serious? They're telling us it's a problem with the game engine when it wasn't even an issue before in other clients? What the eff..just get it fixed already. Nowadays I'm more annoyed with the outfits not being transparent/missing textures or whatever, as for example the Kibelius is just a white blob of a texture and nothing else.

V5pTIVt.jpg

rNa1JBE.jpg

Posted

Nowadays I'm more annoyed with the outfits not being transparent/missing textures or whatever, as for example the Kibelius is just a white blob of a texture and nothing else.

That costume's default is blob white but if you dye it many of the other colors will be translucent. To the point of Rated R, I'd say:

dk7oPkZ.png

Posted

They actually did something with the latest patch, at least it looks like it to me, not saying everything is fixed but the transparency with the Kibelius definitely got visibly better.

G6Iv623.jpgbxWqhzR.jpg

let's see if they did anything else.

Posted

Just as an update to anyone who might still be interested in this:

Render quality of hair has improved significantly with the new Oct 12 patch. For other characters and horses, shading is still minimal (unless high end mode is on), but for your own characters, the issues of visible scalp and lack of shading seem to be fixed. I haven't really looked around enough to see if global lighting on the hair is any better under different times of day, but here's some pics of how various lighter hair looks now in regular daylight.

2016-10-12_1849956.thumb.JPG.ef8d622d59c2016-10-12_2698485.thumb.JPG.90045253534b60bfe24b45db981effa2a80e4718322.jpg

Posted (edited)

Interesting. Hasn't gotten dark enough in game for me to test the "glow" effect yet (I assume it is still there).

The weird layering where distant icons and text float in front of hair is still there though.

I think the glow is a bit better than before, just based on hitting the cash shop and bringing up the Orange Brindle Cat and viewing with Weather 1.

Still glows, but it doesn't seem quite as bad.

I went to visit Dyleoyen again; here's the screenshot I had taken months ago:

Max settings with high-end mode:

HCCCqzk.jpg

And here's a new screenshot (different character as I don't have the same model I was using back then, sorry):

gVQeb8n.jpg

So you can see the glowing has been dramatically reduced. The lighting all around Longleaf Tree Sentry Post has been toned down quit a bit. The patterns in the cloth of my Rene costume is still a bit glowier than it probably should be, but it's not too bad and most places around the Post it is just fine now.

This clipping/layer issue is still there, but it's not really that big a deal:

dHhAnqN.png

Edited by Ahni

Posted

Nice to finally see some progress being made on this topic. Now for the extra mile to actually get it fixed for good, at least it's not as obnoxious anymore now, might get me playing more again.

Posted

Holy crap, I never knew that was translucent.  Huh.  Learn something new every day.  That would actually be pretty badass if it were more of a cloak instead of half of a loincloth, but I digress.

Just thought I'd stop by and see if/how things were improving.  Good to see progress... figure I'll drop a post to keep things bumped up there.

Posted

This seems to be a bigger issue with the witch. Every hairstyle I choose and every color no matter how dark, my hair is see through and seems so incredibly fine and thin. There are a lot of outfits I can't even wear that I'd like to buy because this is so heinous. I was going to try to alter my hair style or color but I couldn't find something that even worked. This really should be fixed by now. Also this issue was present in the Korean client when I played last year so it's not exactly a new problem.

2016-11-28_794904717.JPG

Posted

Nice to see some small improvements have been made, at least they are trying. I still am wondering what happened to the hair textures though? They use to be more realistic and had a sort of shimmer, not the textures are flat and more plastic like. it also seems as though light only shines on the back of wherever you are viewing from. Hard to explain but this picture shows it.

RUvsNA_hair.png.fb8739ebdecf6cc969c833ff

Posted (edited)

The texture actually never changed; the shading fixes show it better (screenshot below), but the transparency bug throws the look off under certain lighting conditions.

GoTvdU6.png

Basically we're halfway there.

Edited by rachcouture

Posted (edited)

Just loged in to check, it still look awful.

The hair was transparent and get behind some material, the leaf and tree is jaggering, lighting on the floral is over exposure. What the hell, it getting worst. And this is what it look like with highest setting.

KSh0McHgqblYL0L0aTHT0nlRcBhCD017DpKXOt-J

Edited by hocai1992

Posted (edited)

I still see bright glowing hair, which goes away when I turn off UI (Ctrl + U):

fWIaESQ.jpg

BQtcz4X.jpg

Edited by Sleepingstone

Posted

*sigh* Bump.  No further comment, but I'm at least keeping this thread up there until they fix these damn lighting shaders.

Posted

Hair transparency is bugged again as of the last patch. Well, more bugged than usual, it was actually starting to get pretty close. :(

Posted

February 15, 2017 Patch 

• Improved the graphical appearance of characters hair during snowy and rainy weather.

• Characters’ hair and costumes will appear more naturally-colored during evening and dawn lighting.

Todays patch address some issues. Looking forward to checking it out in game once it finishes patching. Anyone notice any improvements?

Posted

Anyone notice any improvements?

Hair color is significantly better in all aspects as of the 2/15 patch. Time of day no longer seems to magically change your hair color, and lighting is far more consistent with the shading of your hair. The worst offender in terms of lighting, longleaf post, no longer destroys your hair. However, as always, NPC and other player hair does not have detailed shading until high end mode is enabled.

Posted

I think the patch has made it worse. My character has white hair and it now glows yellow as soon as it's afternoon/night same for the people around me and my white horse glows in the same way. The screenshot with the fireworks are just before the patch. You can see the cape is glowing in the same way.

2017-02-14_757862337.JPG

2017-02-16_881699685.JPG

2 people like this

Posted

I think the patch has made it worse. My character has white hair and it now glows yellow as soon as it's afternoon/night same for the people around me and my white horse glows in the same way. The screenshot with the fireworks are just before the patch. You can see the cape is glowing in the same way.

2017-02-14_757862337.JPG

2017-02-16_881699685.JPG

I noticed this Lul. 

I got blonde hair and mine glows orange in the evening

2 people like this

Posted

This worse than before. I dont want this neon-red Hair

before patch:

2017-02-12_60716073.thumb.JPG.850fc20c29

2017-02-02_989524020.thumb.JPG.6abf60ce2

AFTER PATCH:

(Yes, even the Pearl-Helmet feathers are visual bugging now)2017-02-15_20211859.thumb.JPG.5e64a1decc

2017-02-15_22058489.thumb.JPG.9d6174cf98

2017-02-15_22367873.thumb.JPG.42430464d4

re-post here. Change this pls!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I suffer from a very strange case of color-oriented OCD, and I regret to say the new patch has made the game unplayable to me,
and I'd like to say I'm a very dedicated player putting in 9-16 hours a day on this game. Until the hair coloration is fixed I cannot play. 

My hair in the character select menu is fine, and in the beauty salon cycling through all the weathers, but in-game is horrid. 

Before the patch: 
pl1M4Xc.jpg

After the patch with different lighting and wetness:
OrjCFyO.pnguujAmil.jpg
V5vpx23.pngJxAW1cp.jpg

I've tried changing my graphical settings, restarting my game, but nothing seems to change it, and it's making me very anxious.
As you can see my hair has gone from a pastel purple, to a blonde, and to a strawberry blonde. 
I'd also like to point out the color of my feathers on my weapon, and my horses mane and tail have gone from jet black to dark golden.

Edited by AvoxPaine
Adding in a final point

Posted (edited)

Aw man this is sad news. I notice my characters hair looks more green now... which is super frustrating (her hair is suppose to be blue).

Will try and get some comparison shots once I get off work.

I also noticed that the character creation screen default background color and lighting is super blue, almost purple even now. And STILL no creation screen lighting look like how it actually will in game!

At least they are trying, hopefully they will fix it in the next patch...

Edited by Z.chu
1 person likes this

Posted

Weird.. I guess my specific shade of red works perfectly fine all times of day now. I found it rather odd that everyone else is saying it's broken, so I tried another color. Can confirm, everything else looks horrible. Just when I thought we could put this issue behind us, its worse than ever. Is it seriously THAT difficult to make something appear as the color you selected? -_-  I mean, how broken does a shader have to be to turn a mid-purple tone into blonde?

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

"Characters’ hair and costumes will appear more naturally-colored during evening and dawn lighting."
I think they took the "naturally-colored" part too seriously.

Edited by AvoxPaine

Posted

This is after patch. my horse' feather now is glowing white in the dark with high end mode on

2017-02-15_116681531.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

funny that this shit is still a thing...