• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

260 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not really experiencing this issue. I had one at first where it was not loading my character design at all. I fixed that by editing a .dat file in the mainfolder for BDO, then getting into a channel I had previously not been in. Only issue I've had recently is my hair lighting up in the darkness as if it was daylight. The fix for the character customization problem is posted by a GM Cairag Here. My current graphics card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

hair.png

Posted

I'm not really experiencing this issue. I had one at first where it was not loading my character design at all. I fixed that by editing a .dat file in the mainfolder for BDO, then getting into a channel I had previously not been in. Only issue I've had recently is my hair lighting up in the darkness as if it was daylight. The fix for the character customization problem is posted by a GM Cairag Here. My current graphics card is a EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

Does river water look black to you usually?

Posted

HAHAH you tell me, i messaged the support about it too and sent them the screenshots. these screenshots are on high end mode. its funny that the game looked so beautiful in trailers and other marketings, and then when you play the actual game, it felt like you just got lured into a cheap game....sigh...2016-04-06_33347208.thumb.JPG.ea95e84939

2016-04-02_86013333.JPG

2016-03-16_155119604.JPG

2016-04-02_85077985.JPG

2016-04-02_85087880.JPG

The hair currently suffers from severe Graphical Bugs. Since I have started playing a new bug has appeared after every major patch. 

Lighting Bug:

Since CBT1 the hair does not interact with Light properly. This goes for all hair/fur/feathers, including horses, Pets, and any feathers/fur on armor/objects and NPC's. 

1. During the day it is too light.
  2. During the day in shade it is too dark.
  3. During Sunset it has a gray cast, is too light and the wrong color.
  4. During night darker hair is black with no color,   lighter hair colors glows in the dark (Light red and white).
  5. Some textures (Like the feathered hose gear) appear another color from a distance, then when you get closer the actual color pops in.
  6. On other players screens your hair appears significantly lighter. 
  7. All lighting options in Create mode render a different result than the actual in game lighting, making it imposable to get the right hair color the first try. Most of the time the hair looks 2 or 3 shades lighter in game then it did in Create mode.

See through Bug:

After CBT2  the hair now is see through. You can see the outline of your characters head and ears through the hair. It is more prominent in light-medium hair shades.

1. The head outline and ears can be see through your characters hair. As if it is partially transparent.
  2. If you stand in front of someone your hair will be invisible on the parts it is in front of the other players hair.
  3. When certain outfits (Kibelius for example)  are equipped it causes hair transparency and hair to shorten.

Hair Physics:

After launch some hair styles do not move right in game anymore. They bounce like they are slinkings or bags filled with water. at times stretching out one direction.

1. Some hairs bounce and move unrealistically.
  2. Other hairs seem to not move at all.

Changes during Hide UI:

After the soft launch headstart the hair now changes when you hide the UI. the changes are more Prominent from a distance, versus up close.

1. During Hide UI the hair  changes. The hair appears to interact with the lighting differently, causing it to seem thinner, shorter and even have gaps.

Hair looks different to other players:

I noticed while looking at my friend play, my characters hair was MUCH lighter then it is on my screen. Their characters hair likewise looked lighter on my screen. 

1. Other people's character's hair appears lighter than the one you are playing.

NA/EU hair vs other regions:

After watching some videos of the RU version I noticed their hair is much better done than ours. 

1. NA/EU hair texture is flat, see through and lighter colors glows in the dark.

Examples (Work in Progress): All Images were taken on max settings (not with high end mode active) with color filters disabled.

Red, Black And White hair during different times of the day.

hair_lighting_table1.thumb.jpg.097163750

Red, Black And White hair during night and near town lights at night.

hair_lighting_table2.thumb.jpg.2e364d7c9

Versus In Create mode (Lighting option 1)

hair_lighting_table3.thumb.jpg.9eee15b2c

I think we all recognize this scene at night.

People and Horses with dark hair are not as badly affected (Though there hair color does change sometimes) the light haired ones glow at night.

hair_glows.thumb.jpg.b08da61a4c013b39103

RU vs NA/EU hair. As you can see the RU version has much more detailed hair and does not look see through or glitchy.

RUvsNA_hair.thumb.png.d4e5095ac4e56e5107

Can see hair when behind someone else's hair.

hairbleedsthroughhair.thumb.png.04590ab7

I find it strange since everything else in this game interacts with lighting so realistically. Fabric, armor, environment, skin. Everything looks so realistically shaded... then the hair is glowing and changing colors constantly. Seems like a huge oversight.

@CM_Jouska

Posted

hair.png

That is a seperate issue, where some people's characters would become default appearance after creation.

I notice its worse for other people around you. Like my hair does not look so bad, but on my friends PC, my hair looks really light and glowy. Same thing for me, other people's hair is really light a glowy until you zoom in super close. When you zoom in really close (first person) and look at someone they seem to look more like how your own character does. MEH its hard to explain.

I know!! I felt the exact same way. I don't recall seeing any glow in the dark hair in the trailers <_< Heck the other versions just have better hair textures for some reason.

How do you get the @ thing to work anyway?

Posted (edited)

Hi...I found this video and it is currently in Korea. I think this is one of the best example that the hair should look like and my god the details of the shadow casting from almost every strands of hair on his character!!!! Not to mention it is a bright color and its not blown out like we currently have right now. =(  

https://youtu.be/47nocWlVFPY?list=PLdzMLfeLXi0pxBeuEeBXQNUZukmwIwCYQ

Edited by captainbutthole
wrong video
1 person likes this

Posted

How do you get the @ thing to work anyway?

Honestly, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think you just have to refresh or something :)

@CM_Jouska hi could you shed some light on this thread please 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi...I found this video and it is currently in Korea. I think this is one of the best example that the hair should look like and my god the details of the shadow casting from almost every strands of hair on his character!!!! Not to mention it is a bright color and its not blown out like we currently have right now. =(  

https://youtu.be/47nocWlVFPY?list=PLdzMLfeLXi0pxBeuEeBXQNUZukmwIwCYQ

Nice find! Yeah her hair looks AWESOME! That's cause she is standing right next to a fire!!! In our version her hair would turn blonde and glow next to a fire:(

Now just the glowing either, it just looks better overall. I hope they fix our version.

Honestly, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think you just have to refresh or something :)

@CM_Jouska hi could you shed some light on this thread please 

Ohhh I see. I wish someone would acknowledge this.

1 person likes this

Posted

HAHAH you tell me, i messaged the support about it too and sent them the screenshots. these screenshots are on high end mode. its funny that the game looked so beautiful in trailers and other marketings, and then when you play the actual game, it felt like you just got lured into a cheap game....sigh...

-snip-

@CM_Jouska

As far as I'm aware that's kinda what the NA version is.

From what I've seen both the Korean and Russian versions of the game look much, much better. Both in actual graphics and UI.

My experiences so far have told me that NA BDO players got the short end of the stick. Almost certain of this.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nice find! Yeah her hair looks AWESOME! That's cause she is standing right next to a fire!!! In our version her hair would turn blonde and glow next to a fire:(

Now just the glowing either, it just looks better overall. I hope they fix our version.

Ohhh I see. I wish someone would acknowledge this.

bro, if you look more into Steparu's video in the link i posted, his got alot of videos that it was in night time, and man did his game rendered perfectly in the dark, i mean i don't see any glowing here at all! there was even a castle siege beta test and alot of them were in a hallway fighting, and in our version, usually when we get to a hallway, our hair starts to glow because its dark in there, where in his video everything was just perfect. here is another best example. enjoy!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1_0s9jhCo&nohtml5=False

so @CM_Jouska, please shed some light into this!

By the way guys, I found what caused the bug. check out my post. now im trying to figure out why is this the case.

Edited by captainbutthole
2 people like this

Posted

Does river water look black to you usually?

Not unless it's night time.

Posted

bro, if you look more into Steparu's video in the link i posted, his got alot of videos that it was in night time, and man did his game rendered perfectly in the dark, i mean i don't see any glowing here at all! there was even a castle siege beta test and alot of them were in a hallway fighting, and in our version, usually when we get to a hallway, our hair starts to glow because its dark in there, where in his video everything was just perfect. here is another best example. enjoy!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU1_0s9jhCo&nohtml5=False

so @CM_Jouska, please shed some light into this!

By the way guys, I found what caused the bug. check out my post. now im trying to figure out why is this the case.

This isn't really a fix. There are still some weird anomalies. It definitely makes a change though.

Posted

bump

Posted

Any news on this? :/

Posted

Any news on this? :/

Haven't heard any news about this, and haven't even seen any sort of acknowledgement either, even given the amount of content regarding this topic..

@CM_Jouska Can you confirm that this is a known issue or that it is being looked at? All I'm after is any response really..

Posted

Just adding another vote to at least get some sort of acknowledgement on this.  @CM_Jouska a response of some sort would be appreciated.

Posted (edited)

And another vote is added. I've got the transparent hair issue.

Edited by Cabbitz

Posted

I think the game just needs a massive hair physics overhaul.

1 person likes this

Posted

PLEASE @CM_Jouska

Posted

I guess it's quite apperent that the CM's and Daum is trying to pretend like this thread and issue does'nt exist..

Posted

I guess it's quite apperent that the CM's and Daum is trying to pretend like this thread and issue does'nt exist..

I feel the only way to get them to care is to tag and pm every single cm and gm >.>

that said, this thread has been on the front page for days now and is what, the 2nd most popular?  Surely they've noticed by now, right...?

Posted

Noticed? sure.  Do they care about it? I doubt it.

Posted

Bump. I hope we get some kind of acknowledgement soon!

Posted

I don't have a lot to add besides bumping this thread back to the front page until there is an offical response. I am really not happy with wasting several hours into the character creator just to end up with fully white hair.

Either fix this issue or just break the character creator as well so that I don't have to recreate my character a thousand times until the hair looks okay ingame.

Posted (edited)

Just found that most of this issues (hair glowing like a neon and transparecy of items like a costume could be) are fixed when high-end mode is enabled, the same as when you disable the UI.

BUT the high-end mode is simply impossible for 90% of players because of the stutter and framedrop issues, but the UI off doesn't affect to my framerate and also fixes all this? don't get it, if this happens, then it should be an easy thing to fix...

Edited by FONS

Posted

@PM_Belsazar @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

So......... Do you guys just not care that the people literally paying your bills aren't happy..? or...????????  Seriously, this has gone on LONG ENOUGH.

3 people like this