• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

260 posts in this topic

Posted

@PM_Belsazar @CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

So......... Do you guys just not care that the people literally paying your bills aren't happy..? or...????????  Seriously, this has gone on LONG ENOUGH.

Seems like they just ignore this post for good reason, they just don't want to give any false information or this topic is not popular enough. Maybe they try to wash their hands by staying silent and waiting for ppl to just forget about it?

Posted

More than likely they don't have a good community management team and have zero say in what gets patched or addressed by korea.

Posted

More than likely they don't have a good community management team and have zero say in what gets patched or addressed by korea.

They do have a say, but in the end, pearl is the studio that actually makes the content. As for the community management... I'd say they need to be a bit more active in damage control here. This thread has been open and front page for more than a MONTH with no response whatsoever. If it's your job to manage the community, why aren't you managing the community? All I'm asking is for ANYONE in an admin or manager position to say "Yea we know about this". Apparently typing 5 words to ease your paying customers is too hard.. I'd like to stay positive but wtf, this is getting ridiculous.

Posted

They do have a say, but in the end, pearl is the studio that actually makes the content. As for the community management... I'd say they need to be a bit more active in damage control here. This thread has been open and front page for more than a MONTH with no response whatsoever. If it's your job to manage the community, why aren't you managing the community? All I'm asking is for ANYONE in an admin or manager position to say "Yea we know about this". Apparently typing 5 words to ease your paying customers is too hard.. I'd like to stay positive but wtf, this is getting ridiculous.

I am pretty sure this is what most of us care about. I would even be happy if they just told us that they consider this not an issue and therefore it won't get addressed in the near future. I pretty much stopped playing because I need to know whether I have to live with it and therefore should reroll with different hair or just go ahead and keep playing because it will get fixed in the future.

At the end of the day there is no good reason to ignore this and not tell how they will handle this bug unless they plan on ignoring this issue so they can sell more appearance change scrolls because there are surely people that will buy them because of the bug.

Posted

I tried out Black Desert in alpha and wasn't so sure if the game is for me, so I decided to try again today with a Guest Pass from a friend, and this visual bug isn't helping.

The difference was very noticeable and I'm really surprised there isn't more awareness from the community regarding this bug, do some not experience this?

Whatever the case, for the staff here to not have a single say on the matter, not even a mention of it "We have forwarded this to the developer, they are working on it, no worries.", is very discouraging.

I mean, how can this version be in such a state, when the other regional editions do not have an entry fee and do not have this bug. While this, one costs $30 and doesn't get any attention on the matter by the publisher, the developer or heck even just a community manager? For a whole month?!

I heard that there's new classes coming out in 2 days, I assume it will be a major patch, so I hope it'll be resolved before my guest pass expires.

But still, knowing this is how they treat this sort of thing discourages me from paying, unless they fix it or even acknowledge it. It doesn't feel right, you know? Trustworthy-wise.

Posted

Will continue to refrain from cash shop purchases and playing the game until this is fixed. Suggest anyone else bothered by this to do the same.

4 people like this

Posted

We know it is not likely to ever be 'fixed', so we just all changed our lighter haired characters to dark haired ones.

Outside of the Valkyries redheads, lighter hair colors are nowhere near as common as they were in CBT when we were all new and learning.

Posted

a month later and i'm still seeing the scalp and ears through my character's hair

nBZvx.png

this is getting ridiculous, I don't even want to look at my character anymore tbh

@CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

2 people like this

Posted

I feel ya everyone. My main character has light blue hair, she is a very old OC of mine that I refuse to change due to this bug.

I know the KR and RU versions are not perfect in the hair department, but still so much better then ours.

I will never understand why only we get blinding-glow-in-the-dark-see-through-hair!

All we can do is keep bumping this thread. Keep it up everyone, don't give up! *pom poms*

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've reported this again to Pearl Abyss so they can have a global look at the different kind of issues you've reported over the last weeks. Don't hesitate to post screenshots, as it's always better than a big wall of text with such issues. :)

Edited by CM_Tytyes
8 people like this

Posted

I've reported this again to Pearl Abyss so they can have a global look at the different kind of issues you've reported over the last weeks. Don't hesitate to post screenshot, as it's always better than a big wall of text with such issues. :)

wow! Thanks alot for noting this, I was losing hope on this topic. :) You made my day!

Posted

Anyone have any screenshots of the areas of water/rivers that are missing shaders? Preferably one that shows the border of a functioning shader next to a non-functioning shader?

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any screenshots of the areas of water/rivers that are missing shaders? Preferably one that shows the border of a functioning shader next to a non-functioning shader?

I thought the water was fixed this patch because it is the first time I had normal water. Went closer to it and then it started to get black. The second screenshot shows that I entered the working water and it also turned black. If I go away far enough it returns to normal.

High-End mode enabled btw.

After playing around with the settings I figured out the water bug disappears if I set the graphic settings to very low. Meaning whatever is causing it has to be something that gets enabled at from very low to low.

I don't know what changed but even the hair bug stopped occuring at low settings for me. I chose a location that was my default test area because constant lighting and awful hair. First screenshot is how I assume it is supposed to look. Now if I increase the graphic settings to medium I get the last picture.

2016-04-20_15807825.JPG

2016-04-20_16008781.JPG

2016-04-20_16591648.JPG

2016-04-20_16613476.JPG

Edited by Bigworsh

Posted

I think you're in the wrong thread, this thread is about hair bugs.

I've reported this again to Pearl Abyss so they can have a global look at the different kind of issues you've reported over the last weeks. Don't hesitate to post screenshots, as it's always better than a big wall of text with such issues. :)

Thanks so much!

I will keep updating as I find more bugs (just added a couple new ones I found)

hairthinsbehindwater.thumb.png.c3dee6631hairinfrontofveilbug.thumb.png.4c09c59be

A big wall of text? I worked really hard to categorize and simplify the list. :(

I was worried about putting a lot of large images on the front post as it might take awhile to load for some. I will be sure to add more from now on.:)

I thought the water was fixed this patch because it is the first time I had normal water. Went closer to it and then it started to get black. The second screenshot shows that I entered the working water and it also turned black. If I go away far enough it returns to normal.

High-End mode enabled btw.

After playing around with the settings I figured out the water bug disappears if I set the graphic settings to very low. Meaning whatever is causing it has to be something that gets enabled at from very low to low.

I don't know what changed but even the hair bug stopped occuring at low settings for me. I chose a location that was my default test area because constant lighting and awful hair. First screenshot is how I assume it is supposed to look. Now if I increase the graphic settings to medium I get the last picture.

2016-04-20_15807825.JPG

2016-04-20_16008781.JPG

2016-04-20_16591648.JPG

2016-04-20_16613476.JPG

That's interesting. Must be some sort of lighting effect that is making the hair flip out.

Posted

[Water bug]

I think you're in the wrong thread, this thread is about hair bugs.

Actually, the hair bug is an issue with tranparency in general, which affects outfits and horse armors too, so the black water issue may very well be related to the same problem, being a semi transparent material. I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly. :P

and btw, THANK YOU SO MUCH for finally making a public note of this, it's much appreciated

Posted

Actually, the hair bug is an issue with tranparency in general, which affects outfits and horse armors too, so the black water issue may very well be related to the same problem, being a semi transparent material. I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly. :P

and btw, THANK YOU SO MUCH for finally making a public note of this, it's much appreciated

It would be so ironic if they now fix the water bug and leave the hair unfixed. :D

Posted

Just wanted to add another little issue with the shading.
In high end mode and photo mode, when hair does have better shading on it, it may exhibit a weird sort of snapping, where the shading and alpha sorting seems to change. It is slight, but noticeable on transparent materials and hair. Here's a gif of it in action:

88a335cd29819ba25a49c2393d319c9a.gif

Posted

Could you guys hire an intern and pay him/her in frozen waffles to just drop a one line comment in these threads within a decent time frame?  When the topic of your customer service and support comes up the response is typically negative.  Three minutes to type an acknowledgement completely changes that perception, even if it's just a: We are looking into this (topic,issue) thanks for bringing it up.  Then you can literally do nothing about it and everyone considers it the greatest customer support of all time.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

oqyDj0g.jpg

If you import a template with this hairstyle on Maehwa, it glitches out and the tail on the back kinda floats in the air as seen in this pic. No way to fix this except not use a template. My character is permanently glitched when I try to put this hairstyle on and it sucks.

Could be specifically kr/ru templates that causes this, but I haven't tested this yet. I attached a template with this problem.

glitchedtemplate

Edited by bdoperson

Posted

bump :D

cant let this fall down the list too far.. still a priority for me till its fixed

Posted

I don't get it, it seems like many (or all??) Korean & Russian players don't have this issue but when I start up either of those clients (KR & RU), the problem persists. Is it a file that's causing the transparent hair problems maybe?

I've already tried redownloading and everything else. 

PLS FIX :((((

Posted

Shaders were definitely improved with the Musa/Maehwa patch. Transparency is still very borked, though. :c

Posted

I don't get it, it seems like many (or all??) Korean & Russian players don't have this issue but when I start up either of those clients (KR & RU), the problem persists. Is it a file that's causing the transparent hair problems maybe?

I've already tried redownloading and everything else. 

PLS FIX :((((

Well that doesn't make any sense. You're saying that you experience some/all of these texture/shader/transparency glitches in the other versions too? I keep hearing we are the only version suffering.

Posted

Well that doesn't make any sense. You're saying that you experience some/all of these texture/shader/transparency glitches in the other versions too? I keep hearing we are the only version suffering.

Yup! Although in the beginning, the problem was only in NA after launch but then a few weeks in, RU released a new update/patch and the hair transparency issue started happening there too.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Fine example how hair is bugged. :)

tukka.PNG

tukka2.PNG

Edited by huudis
1 person likes this