• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Question for geared zerkers

76 posts in this topic

Posted

my stats are currently 96/145 and I still essentially get KD 1 shot by Rangers and sorcs. Zerkers with better gear than me how are you faring?

Posted

build Knockdown resist/taritas helm + gems?from all the videos I watched seems like that's most important.Sorry idk the rest cuz Im not a geared zerker

Posted

my stats are currently 96/145 and I still essentially get KD 1 shot by Rangers and sorcs. Zerkers with better gear than me how are you faring?

You need to start shaking off or something. Use your i-frames. I find that to be the strong point of the class. Lava pierce+Shake off+ire of beast are all valid options to mitigate hits. You chose the toughest pvp class, now live with it.

Posted

Way provide useless feedback I know how to play my class and it's unrealistic to assume you will never get knocked down. I'm wondering if zerkers with more dp than me can handle geared rangers burst.

Posted (edited)

Heya, I saw this video last night. Not sure about their gear but it shows some ranger VS berserker arena pvp. Berserker drops rally fast, but he does win if he gets close. Not sure how it will work with the grab immunity tho. Ranger VS Berserker

Edited by Opz

Posted

A geared Ranger's Charging Wind spam will always hit pretty hard, but with that little disclaimer in place - yes, we do get extremely tanky, and you shouldn't worry too much. Chaining super armor abilities in combination with high DP, HP, and a bit of evasion makes you a ridiculous CC machine and you can stroll your way through the enemy backlines like nobody's business.

Bear in mind, too, that it comes down to playstyle and context as much as gear. The dynamic of small-scale fights like 1v1s and 1v2s is very different from large-scale guild wars. In smaller engagements, you may be the only target or one of very few targets for the enemy, which means you'll be getting focus fired and taking sustained damage for the entire duration of the fight. At the same time, without teammates to back you, you have to shoulder the burden of dealing damage as well. This isn't our strong suit - we're a CC class by design, intended to set up friendly DPS classes for kills rather than do damage on our own. When you have to try to put out damage while simultaneously mitigating incoming damage, it's going to be a tough balance to strike and very easily leads to vulnerability when you stop using Super Armor abilities. If you leave a Ranger or Wizard out of CC for more than a few seconds to capitalize on that vulnerability, you'll start feeling the damage really fast.

In large-scale fights, when you can focus solely on disruption, AoE CC, and survivability, you'll really start to see the Berserker's tankiness. My guild just did a mock battle of around 80vs150, and I had no issues whatsoever using Lava Piercer to rush in, hopping around with Predatory Hunt, tossing in a Wrath of Beast, then spamming Shake Off to dash around and drop AoE stuns. When you're chaining skill after skill with Super Armor like that, you can soak an absurd amount of damage. I'm 77/212 right now, and had no issues holding the attention of 10+ enemies at once for the handful of seconds it took to disrupt their formation and give my own damage dealers their opening, and the incoming damage plummets as soon as your own Rangers and Wizards take advantage of your initiation and everything around you starts dying.

3 people like this

Posted

A geared Ranger's Charging Wind spam will always hit pretty hard, but with that little disclaimer in place - yes, we do get extremely tanky, and you shouldn't worry too much. Chaining super armor abilities in combination with high DP, HP, and a bit of evasion makes you a ridiculous CC machine and you can stroll your way through the enemy backlines like nobody's business.

Bear in mind, too, that it comes down to playstyle and context as much as gear. The dynamic of small-scale fights like 1v1s and 1v2s is very different from large-scale guild wars. In smaller engagements, you may be the only target or one of very few targets for the enemy, which means you'll be getting focus fired and taking sustained damage for the entire duration of the fight. At the same time, without teammates to back you, you have to shoulder the burden of dealing damage as well. This isn't our strong suit - we're a CC class by design, intended to set up friendly DPS classes for kills rather than do damage on our own. When you have to try to put out damage while simultaneously mitigating incoming damage, it's going to be a tough balance to strike and very easily leads to vulnerability when you stop using Super Armor abilities. If you leave a Ranger or Wizard out of CC for more than a few seconds to capitalize on that vulnerability, you'll start feeling the damage really fast.

In large-scale fights, when you can focus solely on disruption, AoE CC, and survivability, you'll really start to see the Berserker's tankiness. My guild just did a mock battle of around 80vs150, and I had no issues whatsoever using Lava Piercer to rush in, hopping around with Predatory Hunt, tossing in a Wrath of Beast, then spamming Shake Off to dash around and drop AoE stuns. When you're chaining skill after skill with Super Armor like that, you can soak an absurd amount of damage. I'm 77/212 right now, and had no issues holding the attention of 10+ enemies at once for the handful of seconds it took to disrupt their formation and give my own damage dealers their opening, and the incoming damage plummets as soon as your own Rangers and Wizards take advantage of your initiation and everything around you starts dying.

Saws, what armor do you have to have 212 dp?

And do you only use predatory hunt for AoE CC?

And isnt Wrath of Beast kind of a suicide in such big fights? You cant move while doing it and it doesnt give super armor.

Posted

Saws, what armor do you have to have 212 dp?

And do you only use predatory hunt for AoE CC?

And isnt Wrath of Beast kind of a suicide in such big fights? You cant move while doing it and it doesnt give super armor.

I got a number of PMs inquiring about my gear/build, so I'll just cover it here.

Gear: http://imgur.com/21oxFHr

Agerian Helm/Armor/Gloves, Taritas Shoes, Yuria Axe, Saiyer Ornamental Knot, Talis Necklace, Rhutum Elite Belt, Shrine Guardian Token x 2, Token of Friendship, Earring of Sealed Magical Power (to be replaced with another Token of Friendship)

Current build: http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/berserker/8328

Next will be Lava Piercer 3 at 54, and SP: Beastly Wind Slash at 55.

I almost exclusively use Predatory Hunt for large-scale PvP, not just for the CC, but also for the mobility/super armor. It's pretty tough to do damage to a Berserker in the middle of Predatory Hunt. Plus it makes it easier for my squadmates to spot me in the melee and engage the targets surrounding me. Very rarely will I use it in 1v1s or small-scale fights, and then it's more for the lols than anything else.

Wrath of Beast doesn't give super armor, but it actually gives you something better - first, it still makes you immune to all debuffs except grapples (just like super armor), and it also gives you a massive omnidirectional defensive shield like the Warrior/Valkyrie block. You can still get grabbed out of it, but at that point in the chaos it's not super likely, and the cast itself does an AoE stun around you in the meantime, which is awesome.

1 person likes this

Posted

I got a number of PMs inquiring about my gear/build, so I'll just cover it here.

Agerian Helm/Armor/Gloves, Taritas Shoes, Yuria Axe, Saiyer Ornamental Knot, Talis Necklace, Rhutum Elite Belt, Shrine Guardian Token x 2, Token of Friendship, Earring of Sealed Magical Power (to be replaced with another Token of Friendship)

I almost exclusively use Predatory Hunt for large-scale PvP, not just for the CC, but also for the mobility/super armor. It's pretty tough to do damage to a Berserker in the middle of Predatory Hunt. Plus it makes it easier for my squadmates to spot me in the melee and engage the targets surrounding me. Very rarely will I use it in 1v1s or small-scale fights, and then it's more for the lols than anything else.

Wrath of Beast doesn't give super armor, but it actually gives you something better - first, it still makes you immune to all debuffs except grapples (just like super armor), and it also gives you a massive omnidirectional defensive shield like the Warrior/Valkyrie block. You can still get grabbed out of it, but at that point in the chaos it's not super likely, and the cast itself does an AoE stun around you in the meantime, which is awesome.

Is there a reason you're using Agerian over Taritas? Seems like everything I see says to take Taritas for the accuracy and WP.

Posted

Is there a reason you're using Agerian over Taritas? Seems like everything I see says to take Taritas for the accuracy and WP.

I don't see any need to go Taritas for the accuracy - Saiyer is more than enough for me. I did originally intend to go Agerian helm/gloves and Taritas armor/shoes for the WP, but after getting my Taritas armor to +10, I just got way too fed up with trying to snipe it off the AH. And no way am I dropping my energy on some amity game over in Heidel for it. So I swapped, and life is good.

Posted

I don't see any need to go Taritas for the accuracy - Saiyer is more than enough for me. I did originally intend to go Agerian helm/gloves and Taritas armor/shoes for the WP, but after getting my Taritas armor to +10, I just got way too fed up with trying to snipe it off the AH. And no way am I dropping my energy on some amity game over in Heidel for it. So I swapped, and life is good.

Ah, I see. Mind if I ask what Crystals you run?

Posted

If you were able to get your hands on Taritas armor easily, would you still have went Agerian helm/gloves and Taritas armor/shoes? Also, you went with the Agerian helm over Taritas helm because of the 100hp and the stun/stiffness resistance?  Do you think knockdown resistance is important? (there are like a million knockdown skills out there) so what about Zereth Helm/shoes  (knockdown resist+400 endurance for more shake off/evasion)  and Taritas armor/gloves and slotting knockdown resist in shoes. 

Oh yeah what crystals are you running to achieve 5 akspd? 

Thanks! Sorry for the overwhelming questions.

Posted

If you were able to get your hands on Taritas armor easily, would you still have went Agerian helm/gloves and Taritas armor/shoes?

Yes.

Also, you went with the Agerian helm over Taritas helm because of the 100hp and the stun/stiffness resistance?

Yes.

Do you think knockdown resistance is important?

Yes.

what about Zereth Helm/shoes  (knockdown resist+400 endurance for more shake off/evasion)  and Taritas armor/gloves and slotting knockdown resist in shoes. 

Perfectly viable, though I haven't felt the need for extra stamina personally. See the discussion of gear sets in this thread http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/22141-movement-speedatk-speed/ for more info on gear sets.

Oh yeah what crystals are you running to achieve 5 akspd? 

+2 attack speed / -1 crit for weapon.

Ah, I see. Mind if I ask what Crystals you run?

+2 attack speed / -1 crit for weapon, luck in helm/offhand, knockdown resist in shoes, HP in chest, grapple resist in gloves.

4 people like this

Posted

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Perfectly viable, though I haven't felt the need for extra stamina personally. See the discussion of gear sets in this thread http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/22141-movement-speedatk-speed/ for more info on gear sets.

+2 attack speed / -1 crit for weapon.

+2 attack speed / -1 crit for weapon, luck in helm/offhand, knockdown resist in shoes, HP in chest, grapple resist in gloves.

Thank you Saws.

Posted

A geared Ranger's Chargin ind spam will always hit pretty hard, but with that little disclaimer in place - yes, we do get extremely tanky, and you shouldn't worry too much. Chaining super armor abilities in combination with high DP, HP, and a bit of evasion makes you a ridiculous CC machine and you can stroll your way through the enemy backlines like nobody's business.

Hi, Is this BDSaws from YouTube? 

Posted

Hey Saws,

Just wondering about which type of defense upgrade you think is best on armour? I was personally thinking about upgrading to magic defense as that would help with both wizards and sorcs.

Posted

Hey Saws,

Just wondering about which type of defense upgrade you think is best on armour? I was personally thinking about upgrading to magic defense as that would help with both wizards and sorcs.

Just saw you post.

I´m wondering the same and started the following  "green to blue" Topic.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/46442-green-to-blue-gear-upgrade-discussion/

Would be nice to hear your opinions to this issue.

Posted

1st Sorc>>>>>zerc in duel! (2ez4Sorc)

2st Arch>>>zerc in duel! but u can ez kill Arch in smoll room.

if u want kill some one (in same gear) u need Max AP not DP! For mass PvP(GvG) u can use DP gear.

3th Agerian.... Plz ppl STOP been SOO stupid!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

I almost exclusivel use Predatory Hunt for large-scale PvP, not just for the CC, but also for the mobility/super armor. It's pretty tough to do damage to a Berserker in the middle of Predatory Hunt. Plus it makes it easier for my squadmates to spot me in the melee and engage the targets surrounding me. Very rarely will I use it in 1v1s or small-scale fights, and then it's more for the lols than anything else.

why not steel taritas instead? of  angerian and  zereth helmet?   and no liverto? theos offhand aint better? damage reduction is better than dp

Posted

1st Sorc>>>>>zerc in duel! (2ez4Sorc)

2st Arch>>>zerc in duel! but u can ez kill Arch in smoll room.

if u want kill some one (in same gear) u need Max AP not DP! For mass PvP(GvG) u can use DP gear.

3th Agerian.... Plz ppl STOP been SOO stupid!!!!

Is that supposed to be English, What are you saying? 

1 person likes this

Posted

Is that supposed to be English, What are you saying? 

if you do not understand - you do not need this information. 

Posted

People have no idea about how to properly gear a zerk. 

Get rid of that agerian crap. Also Zereth. 

Taritas helmet/chest, Heve boots/hands. Yuria/Liverto mainhand, Saiyer Knot. You can easily get 5 atkspd and crit. You get way more HP and MP out of that setup. 

To quote @app1c "STOP been SOO stupid and start using your brain" ;)

Posted

Taritas helmet/chest, Heve boots/hands. Yuria/Liverto mainhand, Saiyer Knot. You can easily get 5 atkspd and crit. You get way more HP and MP out of that setup. 

sounds legit, what crystals? 

Posted (edited)

Boots --> Knockdown resist and/or Movement speed 

Gloves --> atkspeed and/or crit. Whatever you need to max out your stats

Weapon --> see gloves

For the rest use whatever you prefer. 

This setup is most efficient if you have a Liverto Axe. You might not be able to 5 atkspd and crit without it.

Edited by xMovingTarget

Posted (edited)

Movingtarget you do realize crit is useless for a zerker in pvp....

Edited by Totes