• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hey, how about we up the spawn rate of the horses?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been looking all night at maps from KR and BDO tome for locations of horses and have only seen TWO in the wild. While there are people getting 4 or 5 in some places. Can we up the spawn rate on these things at all? I mean, there's no reason I should have to spend hours running around and not finding any, and the only two I see are being roped.

No one in chat was helpful, and my donkey drowned himself.

Posted

I just saw 3 horses near Heidel, 5-6 minutes ago. To the west.
Checked another spot and there were 2 more T2s.

Looking for a T4 though.

Posted

I just saw 3 horses near Heidel, 5-6 minutes ago. To the west.
Checked another spot and there were 2 more T2s.

Looking for a T4 though.

What channel? Because I even tried jumping channels to see and I ain't found shit. I'm just fed up looking by myself at this point.

Posted (edited)

Just found another one near Ancient Stone Chamber.

Channel 2.

EDIT:
And a T1 in the next spot I checked.

Edited by FliP

Posted

Just found another one near Ancient Stone Chamber.

Channel 2.

omg thank you so much, I went straight there and found it.

Posted

There will always be a lack of horses. Like, always. And you'll never get a horse you like, lol
You have to be lucky that no one else has tamed the horse before you, thats all.
And when you're done looking for 2h, you go back to leveling and put all the stuff for taming in the banker, then thats the best time for a horse to spawn. Cuz reasons.

That's just how BD is.

The best and fastest wild horse you can get is the brownish horse with the bright, blonde (yellow) mane.

Looking for a T4 though.

I'm 100% sure that you'll never find a higher horse than T2. You have to mate horses to get higher.
Maybe the gms do it now for the CBT so you can see and test them, but normaly you have to mate low tier horses to get higher ones.

You also have to level the horses to get the best mating restults.

Here's a nice guide I've read: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/31drlr/all_things_horse_horse_guide/

Ps.: I've played on Japanese Servers. Means, there can be a slight difference. But the thing about the horses SHOULD stay the same, if the BlackDesert staff people do not decide to make it different.

Posted

Well, I still think there should be an increase in spawn.  I spent all day looking for a horse and only saw one and that person got off a horse to rope another horse.......very frustrated.

Posted

saw one  when i was lvl 4 on server 2 na, and that,s it, beta means testing, no way i can test whats not there

Posted

How about No.

Posted

No is a non constructive answer, a beta is to test and report whats wrong and rigth, it also includes horse taming, wich i cant find

Posted

There will always be a lack of horses. Like, always. And you'll never get a horse you like, lol
You have to be lucky that no one else has tamed the horse before you, thats all.
And when you're done looking for 2h, you go back to leveling and put all the stuff for taming in the banker, then thats the best time for a horse to spawn. Cuz reasons.

That's just how BD is.

The best and fastest wild horse you can get is the brownish horse with the bright, blonde (yellow) mane.

I'm 100% sure that you'll never find a higher horse than T2. You have to mate horses to get higher.
Maybe the gms do it now for the CBT so you can see and test them, but normaly you have to mate low tier horses to get higher ones.

You also have to level the horses to get the best mating restults.

Here's a nice guide I've read: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/31drlr/all_things_horse_horse_guide/

Ps.: I've played on Japanese Servers. Means, there can be a slight difference. But the thing about the horses SHOULD stay the same, if the BlackDesert staff people do not decide to make it different.

Ive caught three wild t5s. Not GM spawned ones - I have 4 of those. These were legit wild ones. Never seen a t4 but lots of people have wild caught ones.

Just sayin. xD

Posted

it would be nice to know where, cause im lvl 19 and i aint seen once since lvl 5 and i could not even think of taming him

Posted

So many  difrent places to look for horces and than the choise of 4 channels seens easy enough for me ok that its not a T4 your looking for is part of the RNG cant catch it market has plenty of Tier 4+ horses for sale you coudnt catch or find

Cheers

Posted

I've spend two entire evenings and half a day to try and find wild horses (outside of the events), mainly because I was eager to try the mini game and feel a sense of accomplishment from taming my own horse. I looked at the maps from KR and JP , I looked at the map on Tome and went to all the possible locations only to be left with no horse. Not sure what more I could have done at this point but it certainly feels rather frustrating to spend so much time on something that seems so basic. I ended up buying a horse in the end because that seemed less of a waste of my time. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The reason of you being unlucky is the fact that you are probably checking only the most common spots, that a lot of people know about and a lot of people check on the daily basis. There are some spots, that aren't checked so often, so there is a higher chance of finding a wild horse. When I started playing BDO i had the same problem, cause I knew only few popular spots, but later I've learned new spots that almost always had a 1 or 2 horses spawned. 

Posted (edited)

ok, today, found a good spot, last nigth watched a video on how to tame them, but at lvl 5 taming, spent 26 lasso tring and one almost done, now, being hard i dont mind, but the lasso price, come on.....wasted all my money on that for nothing, ether make it easyer or sell the lasso cheaper

Edited by Thierca

Posted

No to this.

I found one spawn spot and every time I've been there so far, there's always been at least one horse. I've caught a T3 and T4 there, increasing the spawn rates would make it too easy. I plan on breeding horses when the game releases but I don't want it to be easy, I'd like to work for it. I just got really lucky with the T3 and T4.

You just need luck and you have to really look for them, take note of all the spawn points and visit them at different times, in the morning and in the evening (game time). Obviously you'll have more luck when the game isn't as populated and most players are in bed. ;) Just bear in mind that taming horses isn't supposed to be a walk in the park, this is a grind game, things take time.