• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fresh lvl 50, looking for advice from experienced Tamers

1 post in this topic

Posted

I have recently finished the grind to lvl 50 and am now looking to find the right build and gear that suits my needs. I have not played any pvp so far which is why I have no clue which skills are useful for pvp and which aren't. I have saved my lvl 46 skill reset and would like to not screw it up. ;)

Here are a few questions. Feel free to ignore as many of them as you'd like, but I would be happy for any piece of advice that I can get.

- I don't like playing glasscannon builds, especially not as a melee. Is it viable to play a more defensive style of Tamer? And what items (sets, jewelry, sockets etc.) would be best for such a style of play? Most of the sets seem to have some kind of balance between defense and offense which makes the choice that much harder for someone like me who doesn't know how to value health, stamina, accuracy, ap in this game.

- For leveling convenience I used Roaring a lot but I'd imagine that skill would not be useful in pvp at all. Is this correct? For grinding mobs we have a lot of aoe damage already with Trample Combos and Whiplash so I am thinking about ditching Roaring altogether after my respec (or maybe only skill it to level 1 for pulling mobs in PvE). Thoughts?

- I have tried out E, S+F and S+RMB and all of these skills seem to be fairly similar knockdown/cc abilities. Which ones of these are the most useful for pvp? I was thinking of probably picking two of them (I prefer E and S+RMB so far) and max one of them.

- Shift+F and Shift+Q are also very similar. I like the utility in PvE and think I would probably want to keep one of those abilities.

- I am kind of confused about Void Lightning. I have only the base version of the skill but it does decent damage and also has a guard effect. How does the guard work in this game? Is it just some sort of improved defense for a short period of time or is it more complicated? Would you suggest maxing this skill?

- How useful are Bolt Wave/Jolt Wave in PvP?

- I know this is a broad question but what are some of the most useful combos for engage, burst damage and finishers as a tamer in PvP?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0