• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma System needs a rework.

97 posts in this topic

Posted

It really does.

Its completely horrible atm , i've not been above 100k karma for 4 days now. The penalty is way too high compared to how much you can actually gain. I only Pk-ed people that came into my spot killing 2-3 mobs messing my whole pull. If i kill a guy i need 20-30 mins to get karma back by killing mobs. But of course that wont happen because 3-5 mins later another one comes with his friend walking around killing 3 mobs as 2 people after like 30 seconds.

We need PK to secure spots , it hurts me way too much to see some random walk in hitting 1 mob from my spot , moving ahead killing 2-3 mobs in the next one i mean come the ----- on dude.

Daum has a few different ways to solve this problem:

1. increase channels (worst one)

2. reduce PK penalty (mid worst)

3. increase Karma rate from mobs (the best , it rewards people that grind and try to protect their spots while having the same penalty for people that just wanna PK)

P.S: Im only putting this rant out because in 24h of grind i didnt drop any Mark of Shadow while in two occasions some random that was killing 1 wizzard from my 15 mob pack got a ring right infront of my eyes.

2 people like this

Posted

oh sorry, i dint know you had written down your name on those mobs

13 people like this

Posted

Have you tried telling them to leave? You make it sound like you kill them on the spot.

That could be your problem.

2 people like this

Posted

Have you tried telling them to leave? You make it sound like you kill them on the spot.

That could be your problem.

I always ask them nicely to leave but my charname is Arrogance so most people just think im beeing a -----.

Posted

Increased karma rate from mobs sounds ok. 

Posted

I see plenty of people PK for spots. The only issue is that it is a 20 second walk back for those that died. You make the karma penalty as light as you think it needs to be, then it will be useless for what it is meant to do.

5 people like this

Posted

I always ask them nicely to leave but my charname is Arrogance so most people just think im beeing a -----.

instead of 20+ mobs why not less? people will be people and mobs are there for everyone tagging them doesnt mean you own them

Posted

OP lacks social skills. Ask them to group and level faster.

1 person likes this

Posted

OP might need to learn that game isnt supposed to be a online fps where you kill ppl in sight ?

2 people like this

Posted

I've been grinding at various places, PKing everyone I see.

You have two options:

1) Party and suck it up

2) PK and get -karma.

I usually pick #2 and I've been around -300k to -500k for the majority of the last few days. If they form a party, I kill them, or occasionally run away if they're too strong/too many.

As an avid PVP/PKer I have no issues with this system.

Blah blah punishment too harsh : Don't die

Blah blah no rewards: There shouldn't be rewards for PKing.

6 people like this

Posted

Change game mechanics rather than the way I play?

I thought this was a PvE player argument.

Sarcasm.

If the karma penalty is too high for killing people that are 'spoiling your pulls'... then... try joining the dots in another way.

1 person likes this

Posted

No it doesn't need a rework and as I have mentioned in other posts similar to yours ......that isn't your spot.

It is an mmo and not a single player game so there is no spot that you own as no-one owns it.  So either group up, put up with it or move elsewhere. If you decide to PK them then that is on you, so put on your big boy pants and live with the appropriate punishment that was given. 

5 people like this

Posted

Because you are being an ass - if you are not capable of sharing mobs and have to PK you suffer the consequences for it - tough shit go cry me a river.

Posted

Because you are being an ass - if you are not capable of sharing mobs and have to PK you suffer the consequences for it - tough shit go cry me a river.

damn that's some bad social skills friend, and on the topic of sharing mob pulls, if I spend my time grouping the Mobs together why should someone else get to take the loot from it.

Posted

So basically you want the game to change to make it easier on you. What kind of PK are you?

When you can't stand the heat, don't do any kitchen work ;-)

Posted (edited)

I dont want the game to be easier , all im asking is for a more balanced system.

I have no interest in grouping up , im killing them fast enough to clear a whole pack of 10-15 mobs in under 15 seconds. Why should i split my chances of getting loot by grouping up with every guy that shows up on the spot i've been grinding for hours and asks for a party?

Im not complaining about the penalty , im complaining about the time needed to get karma back from killing 1 guy. I honestly see no point into having to grind mobs for 30 mins just to afford to PK once

Im not a PKer im just a guy that wants to grind without every -----ing pleb coming into my spot every 5 mins. If a guy comes in and he reks my shit im fine with that , thats the food chain.

FYI : I dont complain about KSers , if they can KS me it means that they can probably kill me too , again its the food chain. The game's RNG is simply too strong to afford to be nice.

If you think its funny or normal for you to grind in a spot efficiently for days without getting anything , having to put up with people who kill 1-2 mobs out of a full room and drop rare stuff while they go "grouppe?" in all chat , ----- YOU.

Edited by 920

Posted

I dont want the game to be easier , all im asking is for a more balanced system.

I have no interest in grouping up , im killing them fast enough to clear a whole pack of 10-15 mobs in under 15 seconds. Why should i split my chances of getting loot by grouping up with every guy that shows up on the spot i've been grinding for hours and asks for a party?

Im not complaining about the penalty , im complaining about the time needed to get karma back from killing 1 guy. I honestly see no point into having to grind mobs for 30 mins just to afford to PK once

Im not a PKer im just a guy that wants to grind without every -----ing pleb coming into my spot every 5 mins. If a guy comes in and he reks my shit im fine with that , thats the food chain.

FYI : I dont complain about KSers , if they can KS me it means that they can probably kill me too , again its the food chain. The game's RNG is simply too strong to afford to be nice.

If you think its funny or normal for you to grind in a spot efficiently for days without getting anything , having to put up with people who kill 1-2 mobs out of a full room and drop rare stuff while they go "grouppe?" in all chat , ----- YOU.

Time needed to get karma back from killing is part of the penalty. This is a social multiplayer game. If you cannot stand people coming into a grind spot you are at, you should probably play a different game because that is never ever going to change.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are heavily penalised for PKing, this is intentional and the entire purpose for the karma system. if you don't want to have to deal with the penalties, then either party up with people in grind spots or don't PK them. Your behaviour and attitude needs a rework, not the karma system.

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time, as they say.

Posted

It really does.

Its completely horrible atm , i've not been above 100k karma for 4 days now. The penalty is way too high compared to how much you can actually gain. I only Pk-ed people that came into my spot killing 2-3 mobs messing my whole pull. If i kill a guy i need 20-30 mins to get karma back by killing mobs. But of course that wont happen because 3-5 mins later another one comes with his friend walking around killing 3 mobs as 2 people after like 30 seconds.

Research MMORPG

Can you share your grinding spot, server, channel?

I'm just going to watch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry! i cant see your claim you have setup around the spot and took your bright red marker and written down "my spot no entry"

its a mmorpg its not Your spot and if someone goes into a spot it means THEY want to play too

if you want your OWN special place play single player games or something

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ah another one of these and all the carebears attack it like vultures with one of the 3 replies. They either compared it real life events, tell YOU to go away by switching channels or give you the it's not your mobs you don't own it reply. Clearly these guys have never played a open world mmo and are use to instances. OP no matter what you do or say you're in the wrong here on these forums. You can explain to these people why this system is terrible til your blue in the face and they will refuse to listen to you anything you may suggest. 

Edited by GrandCross
1 person likes this

Posted

have you tried asking them to join your group instead of pk?  then shut up and deal with it

Posted

Wow this is one of the biggest circle jerks i seen in my life rofl.....

Posted

Ah another one of these and all the carebears attack it like vultures with one of the 3 replies. They either compared it real life events, tell YOU to go away by switching channels or give you the it's not your mobs you don't own it reply. Clearly these guys have never played a open world mmo and are use to instances. OP no matter what you do or say you're in the wrong here on these forums. You can explain to these people why this system is terrible til your blue in the face and they will refuse to listen to you anything you may suggest. 

Played Lineage 2, love Lineage 2. Penalties here are even softer than lineage 2.

You should also read the entire thread because there is a player that is basically perma red saying that the penalties are fine.

Posted

Played Lineage 2, love Lineage 2. Penalties here are even softer than lineage 2.

You should also read the entire thread because there is a player that is basically perma red saying that the penalties are fine.

Penalties are much harsher then Lineage II. Least with L2 if you had a friend nearby you could hand em your gear and kill em kill you til you're white again. Not to mention delvling, going down a gear rank or if your stupid enough losing your skills. The only thing good about this system is getting karma isn't as difficult as lowering your pk score in l2. I cba to read this entire thread cause all it took was 3 glances at the replies to see this wasn't gonna go anywhere lol