• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Karma System needs a rework.

97 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

LOL. Ain't nothing Carebear about me. I'm a huge PvP advocate and I PvP in every game I play. I was a hardcore PvPer back in my Darkfall Online days. I love PvP and plan to do my fair share of it in this game. But I hate griefers, gankers, and pkers, and so does this game and its developers which is why they put things in place to discourage that kind of thing. So if its what you want to do and the type of PvP you want to do and you don't like the penalty...well this is the wrong game for you.

Learn a bit before you open your mouth.

Right now people go Red karma because they get team tagged and try to defend their teammates.

Once you're Red you lose karma for defending yourself, even when you don't initiate fights. And you get zerg'd all day by hypocrites of your kind.

And you're part of that cross breed carebear/pvp people, seen plenty of yours in these forums.

Anyways, OP made his point, but too many rainbows here, i'm out ~

Edited by muscarine

Posted

Pretty much just take the penalty away all together so i can pk people whenever i want with no consequences. LOL

Posted

Thank you Captain Obvious....isn't that the case with opinions that they are subject to the individual. The fact of the matter is the system is working for what it was intended to do and that is to make people think twice about PK'ng.

If the system suddenly makes it that karma is useless and/or karma suddenly becomes easily recoverable then all that will happen is you will get the idiots who will just PK lowbies on a frequent basis and trust me it will happen. I played Archeage and it happened god knows how many times in that game where lvl 50 players would step into a lvl 30 zone and kill the lvl 30's just for the sake of it knowing the punishment was laughable.

So when you look at the situation and determine what is the lesser of the two evils then to me losing out on a few mobs is far less severe than people losing god knows how much XP due to repeatedly getting killed by people just for the fun of it. 

There is a common ground between the two, just take the system from Lineage 2. It had no faults. Rarely would a player ever PK random people for no reason at all except in newbie zones when the game was brand new, but at the same time the punishments for PKing weren't so extreme that you wouldn't do it to protect something like your PvE spot.

Posted

most likely been said but I believe there a rework in the makings for PvP

Posted

There is a common ground between the two, just take the system from Lineage 2. It had no faults. Rarely would a player ever PK random people for no reason at all except in newbie zones when the game was brand new, but at the same time the punishments for PKing weren't so extreme that you wouldn't do it to protect something like your PvE spot.

Being able to drop your gear in Lineage 2 is more severe than any punishment that this game has. Being able to delevel is more severe than any punishment this game has. Lineage 2 had more severe penalties. People just look at it with rose tinted glasses. Lineage 2 did have the better flagging system, but we were flat out told no to that by the developers.

Posted

Yeah rofl so you basically get mad when people punish you for trying to KS/interfere with their efficiency? Its like getting mad for getting punched when you call someone a retard.

I dont PK people that walk around , like i said i PK people only after i've asked them kindly to find another spot so we dont get in eachother's way and they're still abnoxious little -----s that just wanna ----- me up but dont have the balls to flag up.

Yes, I am. You're the retard here getting butthurt when someone walks by your mobs for a second. "It's like getting mad for getting punched when you call someone a retard". Except you're the both the retard, and the one who punches the other for no reason whatsoever. You didn't mention asking people to leave in your OP, so don't suddenly come with that bs. You simply pk them because you think they might, albeit accidently, kill a mob or two from your pull with "messes up" your pull, Really, it messes it up? What happens to it? Do all the mobs start flying away or something? You're full of shit.

Posted

@OP If you spent less time crying and more time playing you might have that Mark of Shadow.

Oh RNG not being fair, to bad.

Posted

Why don't people just invite them to a party and kill the mobs together???

xp reduction and cost for weapon if you get a good drop

Posted (edited)

Being able to drop your gear in Lineage 2 is more severe than any punishment that this game has. Being able to delevel is more severe than any punishment this game has. Lineage 2 had more severe penalties. People just look at it with rose tinted glasses. Lineage 2 did have the better flagging system, but we were flat out told no to that by the developers.

With BSOEs and escapes to clan hall there was never really a concern about dropping your gear. Not to mention that you didn't drop gear until you reached 5 PKs, and there was a lengthy quest you could do to reset 9 (I think) of your PKs and go back to 0. My clan had a rule you weren't allowed to wear clan owned gear (like boss jewels or enchanted S grade armor) with more than 5 PKs, so we regularly did that quest.

Edited by Einhasad

Posted (edited)

as others said,either ask them to leave,if they go emo on you just PK them,or if you can suck it up ask for a group up,again if they ignore you or go weird on you,again beat em like its a game of street fighter,but if you can warn them your PK,that way you warned in advance.

Edited by Ace7580

Posted (edited)

Yes, I am. You're the retard here getting butthurt when someone walks by your mobs for a second. "It's like getting mad for getting punched when you call someone a retard". Except you're the both the retard, and the one who punches the other for no reason whatsoever. You didn't mention asking people to leave in your OP, so don't suddenly come with that bs. You simply pk them because you think they might, albeit accidently, kill a mob or two from your pull with "messes up" your pull, Really, it messes it up? What happens to it? Do all the mobs start flying away or something? You're full of shit.

You sound like some pleb i PKed after i saw him struggling with 2 shadow knights , im sorry for the 2h you lost for that 1%.

Had you read the whole thread you would've seen i only PK after asking people kindly and nicely to leave so we dont get in eachothers way. Carebears just looking for an excuse to flame someone who PK's. Maybe if you stopped to think about things for a second instead of beeing the sad guy that replies on a forum and makes a fool out of himself like Draeko.

You did it guys , you purged the evil within me with your smart replies. (@Deservo i have 40-50h grind in total but i dont mind not dropping any marks , i mind people dropping them right infront of me when i have 15 mobs and they're killing 1 wizzard in the corner)

serious.gif

Edited by 920

Posted

Kill mobs faster then. Learn about your class

Pretty much this ^ .. If you can't pull and kill the whole wave in the time it takes them to grab a few you really need to maximize what skills your using to clear packs.

I love when someone comes into my preferred grinding spot. I just up my grinding speed to maximum so they can't get any mobs at all, so they eventually leave. 15+ mobs at a time within 5 seconds is easy.

Posted

There are 3 types of Shadow Knights , wizzards , priestess and knights , wizzards barely move cuz huge range , priestess is so slow and knights follow you decently , while trying to get a good pull in since the mobs are not catfishes you move around abit first , giving people competing for the loot an easy shot once you've gathered them. Those mobs can drop a rare ring so they're highly contested.

You reek of carebear , how can you be a huge PvP fan yet dont understand the difference betwen protecting your spot/mobs and yourself and common ganking and pking.

But hey we've already established you make no sense since you brought up that comparison in the other post. Keep going.

Bahahah.....ok you keep thinking that.  I'm not the one having trouble grinding mobs and complaining about the penalty after deciding to PK.

Had you read the whole thread you would've seen i only PK after asking people kindly and nicely to leave so we dont get in eachothers way

You just don't get it.  THEY DON'T HAVE TO LEAVE ITS NOT YOUR SPOT  So if you CHOOSE to PK them....accept the consequences and stop crying about it.

Posted

i keep reading the reason "people came into my spot"
honestly, if that is your reason to kill someone else in an online game, you deserve a harsh karma penalty and a hard route ahead of you to regain that karma.
how arrogant can you be? go play a single player game if you have a problem playing with others.
or man up and take the penalty that is given to you.

Posted

The only problem i have is with the game basically forcing me to split my chances of loot/efficiency.

The only reason people dont leave spot when they're asked even if they cant KS efficiently is because they're passive aggresive little -----s. Just because its an online game that doesnt mean the only approach has to be partying up/putting up with other's people bullshit just because they're there.

My point is that , there is no incentive to be a nice guy , there is only penalty for beeing the bad guy. Yet you care bears get soo mad when someone dares to be so arrogant.

Im glad i picked up charname Arrogance seeing that it triggers people to such an extent.

Posted

The only problem i have is with the game basically forcing me to split my chances of loot/efficiency.

The only reason people dont leave spot when they're asked even if they cant KS efficiently is because they're passive aggresive little -----s. Just because its an online game that doesnt mean the only approach has to be partying up/putting up with other's people bullshit just because they're there.

My point is that , there is no incentive to be a nice guy , there is only penalty for beeing the bad guy. Yet you care bears get soo mad when someone dares to be so arrogant.

Im glad i picked up charname Arrogance seeing that it triggers people to such an extent.

LOL seriously? Uhm...that's how it works. You wanna be the bad guy, you pay the price, you accept the penalty. You keep saying how others want to be "passive aggressive little -----s" but all I keep reading is how you want to kill them for coming into "your grinding spot" (as if there were hundreds of grinding spots to go around lol) because they're stealing "your mobs".   I'm sorry, but your sense of entitlement is misplaced in this game, you don't own ---t and nothing is owed to you. Everyone has to grind the same spots, if you don't like it you have a few options. 
1) Leave the area and go do something else (if its really pissing you off that bad).

2) Deal with it and just try to get better at grabbing and grouping mobs and killing them  (I seriously grind in some crowded areas and I have ZERO problem...and I'm a warrior).

3) You PK them....and you accept the penalty of that choice and not cry about it.

You call us carebears but you're the one over here crying like a child over the penalty you received for choosing to PK.

1 person likes this

Posted

its funny to see how the PKers are the new carebears of this game, crying about the penalties LOL...

Posted

You sound like some pleb i PKed after i saw him struggling with 2 shadow knights , im sorry for the 2h you lost for that 1%.

Had you read the whole thread you would've seen i only PK after asking people kindly and nicely to leave so we dont get in eachothers way. Carebears just looking for an excuse to flame someone who PK's. Maybe if you stopped to think about things for a second instead of beeing the sad guy that replies on a forum and makes a fool out of himself like Draeko.

You did it guys , you purged the evil within me with your smart replies. (@Deservo i have 40-50h grind in total but i dont mind not dropping any marks , i mind people dropping them right infront of me when i have 15 mobs and they're killing 1 wizzard in the corner)

serious.gif

This msg pretty much sums up how retarded your way of thinking is. I'm done wasting my time on you.

Posted

xp reduction and cost for weapon if you get a good drop

Uh maybe it's my class but I've been leveling up way faster in groups then solo

Posted

Uh maybe it's my class but I've been leveling up way faster in groups then solo

becouse you kill more but for the same amount of mobs if you were solo or partying you would get less

example 100 mobs give 50% xp you need

but party 100 mobs give 40% xp but you get it faster

or something like that, i dont know the reduction rates

Posted

Penalties are much harsher then Lineage II. Least with L2 if you had a friend nearby you could hand em your gear and kill em kill you til you're white again. Not to mention delvling, going down a gear rank or if your stupid enough losing your skills. The only thing good about this system is getting karma isn't as difficult as lowering your pk score in l2. I cba to read this entire thread cause all it took was 3 glances at the replies to see this wasn't gonna go anywhere lol

Is this fun and interesting gameplay to you, to screw a system like this? The whole idea to a "karma" or "penalty" system is that your buddies shouldn't be the ones to help you. That is almost as broken as the EVE bounty system at launch. Oh someone got a bounty on me.. that's fine I'll use my alt to kill myself and collect the my own bounty. >.< it's madness!

If you want to "own" a spot.. war dec their guild and stop posting your bullshit on the forums. The system is working as it was designed and intended, there is even a way to work around it if you actually have some balls. 

Posted

Is this fun and interesting gameplay to you, to screw a system like this? The whole idea to a "karma" or "penalty" system is that your buddies shouldn't be the ones to help you. That is almost as broken as the EVE bounty system at launch. Oh someone got a bounty on me.. that's fine I'll use my alt to kill myself and collect the my own bounty. >.< it's madness!
If you want to "own" a spot.. war dec their guild and stop posting your bullshit on the forums. The system is working as it was designed and intended, there is even a way to work around it if you actually have some balls. 

...I was showing him that L2's system was easier to get around with, thus being less punishing then BDO bruh