• Announcements

    • IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

      Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

      https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

      *New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

      Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

      https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

      Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

toxicity How to best deal with the toxicity?


91 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Those of you who tell him to ignore everyone, or that he's thin skinned, are idiots(offence intended). I should not be forced to LOOK through a pile of political garbage in order to find that ONE newbie who is stuck on his second quest and needs help.

I love how most of you defend the vermin that think the channel chat is a podium for them to spout their political ideals, especially when half of them are not even of age(but then again that's what's causing the issue). 

I am not going to lie. Some times it is funny. Some times it is hilarious and some hysterical.  There are times however when it becomes a pain in the ass for those seeking help and those trying to help. Essentially your solution of unchecking the channel chat is kinda like chopping your hand off because you broke your finger. We should not be forced to disregard an important feature of the game because a select bunch of idiots want to get the attention that they didn't get at home.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR SHIT ABOUT TRUMP,HILARY,BUSH,MERKEL,OBAMA or anyone else unless it comes with a glass of wine and family dinner. Many of you think it's okay to talk politics everywhere, but it is not. If you wanna talk politics, make a guild called "idiots" and use the guild chat. 

 

Edited by Zaiton
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

*If = Offended >> Set chat = 0
Is still offended pull the blug...

rb3BX4X.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

*If = Offended >> Set chat = 0
Is still offended pull the blug...

rb3BX4X.gif

if(!blug.equals("plug")

Dagi = "dumbass";

Edited by Zaiton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Literally anything could be typed into chat and it wouldn't even phase me.  Talking politics is nothing lol

Your options:

-Turn off general chat

-Ignore it

-Read it and accept that words spewed on the internet mean nothing

 

Edited by Aramyn89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

banrey beated the haet with lols an hugz an love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

So many people who seem to hate free speech.

Acknowledging that people are going to say stupid and inappropriate things in a game chat is a far cry from approval of the behavior... That being said, censorship over a video game chat hardly seems like a thing we should be asking for, especially on the internet.

Nobody is forced to look at chat, and naturally new players with questions are the ones hurt most by this behavior but it's really not reasonable to expect thought police removing language someone might be offended over from chat (and could potentially even run headlong into various laws depending on region).

It's risks of association, any time you go into public you run a chance of having a bad experience with other people. Words in a game chat are pretty low on the totem pole of things that cause harm, especially when you can ignore them in the first place.

TLDR: people gonna people; don't be such a chat nazi and reserve your time and attention for people who demonstrate they're worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

if(!blug.equals("plug")

Dagi = "dumbass";

!!triggered!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Those of you who tell him to ignore everyone, or that he's thin skinned, are idiots(offence intended). I should not be forced to LOOK through a pile of political garbage in order to find that ONE newbie who is stuck on his second quest and needs help.

I love how most of you defend the vermin that think the channel chat is a podium for them to spout their political ideals, especially when half of them are not even of age(but then again that's what's causing the issue). 

I am not going to lie. Some times it is funny. Some times it is hilarious and some hysterical.  There are times however when it becomes a pain in the ass for those seeking help and those trying to help. Essentially your solution of unchecking the channel chat is kinda like chopping your hand off because you broke your finger. We should not be forced to disregard an important feature of the game because a select bunch of idiots want to get the attention that they didn't get at home.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR SHIT ABOUT TRUMP,HILARY,BUSH,MERKEL,OBAMA or anyone else unless it comes with a glass of wine and family dinner. Many of you think it's okay to talk politics everywhere, but it is not. If you wanna talk politics, make a guild called "idiots" and use the guild chat. 

 

Oh no! You have to read to be able to find the thing you're looking for? Oh the tragedy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

9WNLWe6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

!!triggered!!

var !!triggered!! = 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

Say what you want but not everything has to be a safe zone, People like the OP they just get offended to be offended everything is offensive everything is sexist everything is racist you people just want to be offended its an addiction. stop this addiction and get help.

So spamming chat with racial and sexually explicit pejoratives isn't racist? There is a difference between anti-PC and being a racist bigot. You can not justify being an A-hole by saying you're just anti-pc. 

Edited by exosapien
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Oh no! You have to read to be able to find the thing you're looking for? Oh the tragedy.

I hope you're playing dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

trump is toxic, and ignorance is bliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I can't believe this happens in todays society i am tight af about this common guys wtf i thought we grew pass this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Here's the problem with that.
That's a different context in which to use words where you're in a professional environment where if the person in question doesn't like those words, said boss has the power to end your employment and therefore potentially leave you destitute if I say the wrong words, especially if you say them to the wrong people.  It's unprofessional to use profanity in a work environment in such a manner.

This is a game where none of you have power over another person playing.


Your hypothetical doesn't work because it's two different situations.

Nope. You just said in your last post that they are JUST WORDS. There for people need to man up no matter what the situation. If your boss fires you just take him to court and tell the judge that he needs to man up because words are harmless.

while you're at it, you can contact the team in charge of WildStar to get my friends account unbanned. He offended the wrong person with his harmless words I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I honestly don't see toxicity in the screenshot(SS) you posted but I've been seeing it constantly in this forum and even in this thread.

It's definitely already a problem and I totally think it needs to be thinned out, we most definitely need CM and volunteer moderators to start pruning the forums and moderating things in a much more heavy handed fashion.

So far the quality of posts and the inflammatory content people post in them is absolutely out of hand. We're seeing things like "let the door hit you on the way out", "we don't need thin skinned people in our game". It's disappointing that this is the quality of individuals we have in such a beautiful game.

We can absolutely start blocking people but for the overall community it's extremely damaging. At present a large percentage of posts are trashy and non-constructive... we need to actually promote constructive feedback and conversation and shut down the poor quality content and personal attacks. Unfortunately it cannot be done without help from CMs and moderators and interaction from Daum which has been lacking.

This is why I can understand why a lot of people are getting frustrated but nobody is helping it by making the forums their personal dumping ground for every unfiltered thought about the game that runs through their minds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It would be great to see GM/CM leadership and players lead an effort to end the toxicity that go on within the game. While it is understood that the Korean national law ties social security numbers to gamer's online usage, that is not with the rest of the world. Allowing anonymous bigotry, racism, injustice and obscene language overrun our games should not be the norm. Can the BDO Online community, make a pledge to somehow eliminate the discontent we are forced to endure every moment we log on? While blocking a person is a great option, it is an illusion. The issue is not being dealt with and another player will have to deal with an identical crisis. Eventually toxicity will take its toll and destroy the game as many others are. Please make a pledge to end online toxicity within BDO and point out these acts. Eventually these people will get the hint that they are not funny nor to be taken serious. Once the rest of the community alienates them, they will have no choice to adjust or simply leave. This really needs to be a large effort if it is to succeed. Make a joke of it if you will but people do suffer from online verbal abuse and hate. It is simply wrong to allow it to continue. Some will agree and others not. But do not claim that "nothing" can be done. Nothing, will be done without making an attempt, I firmly believe that. Good day and happy gaming friends! I hope a GM/CM can respond and agree to this thread.

Harrassment.png

The gold spammers and general major game bugs are a bigger prio.
besides as long as people aren't breaking the rules there's nothing you can do about it. freedom of speech and all that. You can report those who do break the rules (yh I know it costs 30 energy, that should be removed ASAP imo)

Edited by Genova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

The state of general chat is abysmal in any online game atm. I hope that one day there will be proper chat moderation again. That's the only thing that can fix this, the devs stepping in. There's nothing a player can do. Sure, you can block people, but 1) you'll end up blocking half the server and 2) you'll be seeing these weird half-conversations in chat because you blocked the other half of the people who are talking. It doesn't exactly improve your chat experience, you're better off disabling chat entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Nope. You just said in your last post that they are JUST WORDS. There for people need to man up no matter what the situation. If your boss fires you just take him to court and tell the judge that he needs to man up because words are harmless.

while you're at it, you can contact the team in charge of WildStar to get my friends account unbanned. He offended the wrong person with his harmless words I guess.

Nice cherry picking.  Unfortunately that's not how the world works.  In a personal environment such as this, anything can and should be said freely.  Chat filter exists for this reason.  In a PROFESSIONAL environment, everyone is held up to higher standards of morals because people's lives are in the balance.  

If you want to argue semantics, we can argue that but this is a game where you can block/edit your chat channels.  If you don't like what you're seeing YOU have the power to make it better by blocking people (there's no limit from what i've heard of blocking people), turning on the chat filter and removing entire channels from chat (I turned off channel chat after day one because it isn't even necessary and just promotes shit like gold selling, I really wish it was removed entirely)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

I'm Vegan.

I like vegan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

> Places them-self in an environment they know will be offensive.

> Complains about being offended.

> Refuses to use tools provided to protect them-self.

> Mandates everybody else change to satisfy them.

> Scumbag gamer.

Edited by Gunnar Ward

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

It would be great to see GM/CM leadership and players lead an effort to end the toxicity that go on within the game. While it is understood that the Korean national law ties social security numbers to gamer's online usage, that is not with the rest of the world. Allowing anonymous bigotry, racism, injustice and obscene language overrun our games should not be the norm. Can the BDO Online community, make a pledge to somehow eliminate the discontent we are forced to endure every moment we log on? While blocking a person is a great option, it is an illusion. The issue is not being dealt with and another player will have to deal with an identical crisis. Eventually toxicity will take its toll and destroy the game as many others are. Please make a pledge to end online toxicity within BDO and point out these acts. Eventually these people will get the hint that they are not funny nor to be taken serious. Once the rest of the community alienates them, they will have no choice to adjust or simply leave. This really needs to be a large effort if it is to succeed. Make a joke of it if you will but people do suffer from online verbal abuse and hate. It is simply wrong to allow it to continue. Some will agree and others not. But do not claim that "nothing" can be done. Nothing, will be done without making an attempt, I firmly believe that. Good day and happy gaming friends! I hope a GM/CM can respond and agree to this thread.

Harrassment.png

Please use PARAGRAPHS. It will be much easier to understand your problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Please use PARAGRAPHS. It will be much easier to understand your problems.

oh please his post is shorter than many of the in game explanations of a gam mechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Cmon dude, toxicity in every game is bound to happen. Even though I haven't really seen much toxicity in this game as I have in other. Just ignore it if it's bothering you or make a seperate chat window for chanel chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0