• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Ghillie suit

What do you people think about the ghillie suit   1,974 votes

1. 1. What do you people think about the ghillie suit

• Daum should remove the ghillie suit as it introduces a paying strategy and therefore a two-speed PvP
    • Rework the suit, refund players.
    • Rework the suit, don't refund players.
    • Ghillie is fine.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

462 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Title & poll.

Edited by Zakrao
2 people like this

Posted

Ghillie is a must have for 1v1. If you don't have one, or can't afford one, just don't engage in 1v1 and grind in a group so you don't get ganked.

2 people like this

Posted

Ghillie is a must have for 1v1. If you don't have one, or can't afford one, just don't engage in 1v1 and grind in a group so you don't get ganked.

wrong mentality

1vs1 against ghillie is easyly doable, why reply on their hp bar just keep fighting till they drop "INVISIBLE CHARACTER" use your eyes to spot them in a boss battle you dont look at its hp bar only right? you look at its movements and they are pretty damn clearly to see

Posted

wrong mentality

1vs1 against ghillie is easyly doable, why reply on their hp bar just keep fighting till they drop "INVISIBLE CHARACTER" use your eyes to spot them in a boss battle you dont look at its hp bar only right? you look at its movements and they are pretty damn clearly to see

I guess you haven't done much PvP in this game... 

15 people like this

Posted

Only thing needed to change is once you attack you lose the ability to hide your nameplate until you are out of combat. That simple really no need to remove or rework it. 

23 people like this

Posted

Gonna post this for people who are some how unaware on the costume and it's effect.

Posted

I guess you haven't done much PvP in this game... 

i pvp often and i havent had any trouble with it

1 person likes this

Posted

wrong mentality

So if you try to find someone who killed you and there are 2 people with the suit in the area and same class, how do you "SPOT" them?

Seriously, it is imbalanced, it makes PvP with people having it more advantage.

Posted

they never should have made p2w shit.

So

- rework to remove all cheated advantage

or

- make the suit buyable IN GAME

Ofc, dont refund ppl that bought it because its a p2w crap, imho, that their own fault for beeing somes coward player that need to pay to compensate their lack of courage in pvp and get easy win. That's pathetic

3 people like this

Posted

Only thing needed to change is once you attack you lose the ability to hide your nameplate until you are out of combat. That simple really no need to remove or rework it. 

That only solve 1 problem, the problem is PvP and recognize who is your enemy. If you try to revenge on random PK, too bad you can't see their name and in GvG, use flare, but wrong person, then what?

Posted

That only solve 1 problem, the problem is PvP and recognize who is your enemy. If you try to revenge on random PK, too bad you can't see their name and in GvG, use flare, but wrong person, then what?

Nothing. The suit would be doing its purpose. Which is to hide the user until his/her cover is blown. 

Posted

i pvp often and i havent had any trouble with it

No you don't, stop lying. Or maybe you are the one with the suit.

Seriously, how do you revenge people if you don't see their name? Or GvG if you don't even know they are your enemy?

4 people like this

Posted

This costume ruins open world pvp and gvg.

13 people like this

Posted

No you don't, stop lying. Or maybe you are the one with the suit.

Seriously, how do you revenge people if you don't see their name? Or GvG if you don't even know they are your enemy?

It just seems to undermine everything the game is trying to do. It promotes open world PvP and GvG. It's litterally the main component that draws people to this game. Why retract from that focus by making battles easier to avoid.

The fact is without this item being a Paid item it wouldn't exist. It simply is a manipulative mechanic to get people to spend more money and it's trying extra hard to do so. I was told buy to play with cosmetic cash shop. And I get this...

3 people like this

Posted

I think it is a stupid item that needs to get removed. It gives people pvp advantages at the cost of real money. Basically : p2w.

It not also breaks the immersion of the world when everyone looks the same (and looking pretty ugly at it) but you are forced to get one if you plan on group pvp. 

Lets say I'm the only player in a 30vs30 fight without the treant suit, and im a wizard. All the enemies have to do is say in ventrilo/discord "all attack genoxide" and im toast.

With the treant suit they wont be able to single me out if i stand inside the zerg. If they say "all attack the wizard in the middle of the group", and we have 5 wizards they wont be able to coordinate to take one of us down since we can blend in with the others.

Ive also talked to some of the major pvp guilds and they all say that ghillie suit is an requirment to join because its just that damn good.

So wanna join a good guild ? Well pay tons of real money!

13 people like this

Posted (edited)

It just seems to undermine everything the game is trying to do. It promotes open world PvP and GvG. It's litterally the main component that draws people to this game. Why retract from that focus by making battles easier to avoid.

The fact is without this item being a Paid item it wouldn't exist. It simply is a manipulative mechanic to get people to spend more money and it's trying extra hard to do so. I was told buy to play with cosmetic cash shop. And I get this...

Tell me about it.

I am level 51 and today I died 10 times, 3 times from the same person, but I killed that person once.

4 times from random at Catfish with a party, but again I manage to find that person and revenge.

Now the last 3 times, it is from 2 Guille suit people. 2 from a ranger and 1 from a sorc. This pisses me off really bad, I try to find ranger after respawn, only to get team up, then another from soloing the sorc, but got d/c and die. The problem is 3 death, I got hit first because I am not sure if it is the same people, so basically I lost 1/3 of my hp before I even start to fight.

This suit is PAY2WIN by any definition. It allows user to hide from others and avoid the most basic concept of PvP, which to identify the person you want to fight with.

Edit: All 10 death happens in 3 hours. Too many PvP today, but I am fine with it.

Edited by Dhaos
1 person likes this

Posted

I had originally thought this set was made so gatherer's at level 50 could gather without being PK'd as easily.. so I had assumed their nameplate would show whilst in combat.

I was wrong. Where its at now, it is an advantage to whoever is using it. You can argue "just look at their character", but the reality is its making the player do more work to PvP. People with the suit have an advantage against those without, and that's a fact. Its a million times easier to spot someone who has huge white (or blue) letters above their name than it is without. I believe it should just hide your name while outside of combat.. yes, its still advantageous, but nowhere near where its at now. 

Posted

Easy solution would be that while you're wearing a Ghillie Suit everyone else's nametags are invisible to you.  Not perfect but it levels the playing field a bit.

Posted

Easy solution would be that while you're wearing a Ghillie Suit everyone else's nametags are invisible to you.  Not perfect but it levels the playing field a bit.

that option is visible in settings, hence would upset everyone who bought it

Posted

that option is visible in settings, hence would upset everyone who bought it

Funny lots of these people keep saying "We are paying entry fees for this game to prevent P2W", yet they are the one that are willing to give money to any P2W elements as soon as possible.

3 people like this

Posted

Wish they would fix this. 

Posted

rework and refund players

Posted

Doesn't matter what they do, if they remove it then it should be refunded in pearls so they can buy non-"P2W" stuff. No reason to remove it and not refund it. You want the forums to blow up?!

Posted

So hideous. I swear people would wear a -----roach costume if it was op.

Posted

Doesn't matter what they do, if they remove it then it should be refunded in pearls so they can buy non-"P2W" stuff. No reason to remove it and not refund it. You want the forums to blow up?!

Gotta give people voice for every possibility.