• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Ghillie suit

What do you people think about the ghillie suit   1,974 votes

1. 1. What do you people think about the ghillie suit

• Daum should remove the ghillie suit as it introduces a paying strategy and therefore a two-speed PvP
    • Rework the suit, refund players.
    • Rework the suit, don't refund players.
    • Ghillie is fine.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

462 posts in this topic

Posted

you should not need to -----ing adapt to something that is in the cash shop I'm sorry but that is not how it works.

If it was a in game Item I would agree but It is not so its p2w, your argument makes no sense. 

You missed the point.  If you can't adapt to a bush - which affects only an appearance and hides a name tag when it comes to pvp, how are you going to perform when someone isn't using the current meta for a build?  Google for a non-existing "how to beat xyz build" guide?  Spam the same skills over and over and hope it suddenly starts working?

I don't think it should only be on the cash shop but I'm sorry most people are just -----ing because they don't know how to play well enough to know how to deal with it.  That's a sign that they should stop -----ing and learn more about how to actually play... because they will be the exact same people crying for nerfs anytime they struggle with something.

You forgot to add "but it looks SOOO awesome" and "I like RPing as a bush".

That's what use it for.  Generally when asking people to bring me a shrubbery no less.

Posted (edited)

GVG the enemy is GLOWS bright redIf they PK you they GLOW bright red
I wear a gilly suite because it looks awesome  (mine is bright pink) so you'll always know if i pk you ^_^

people don't just pk  (the karma system sucks)

people in gillys that pk you are probably defending a grinding spot (means they wont move if you want to take revenge)

If you instantly die to a gilly (they are stronger then you) dont go back every time you  get pked you lose XP

Hate to tell you, but reality is different. I die 10 times today here just doing quests.

Some random just killed me, then when I come back, I see 2 rangers and not sure which one killed me, so what now? Kill both of rangers?

Oh, I guess having to start combo and get 1/3 of my hp before the fight even start, guess they are just OP more than me? LOL, if I got full hp, I would kill them anyway, the problem is not knowing who is the one that killed me that is the problem.

Do you even play the game? Because prepare for an attack is often the key in winning, but with guille suit, you hesitate and try to identify, thus you lose the advantage before the battle even start.

As for GvG, what if they don't attack you? They can stay unidentified and it loses the meaning of GvG.

Edit: There is always a need to put this on:

Edited by Dhaos

Posted

You missed the point.  If you can't adapt to a bush - which affects only an appearance and hides a name tag when it comes to pvp, how are you going to perform when someone isn't using the current meta for a build?  Google for a non-existing "how to beat xyz build" guide?  Spam the same skills over and over and hope it suddenly starts working?

I don't think it should only be on the cash shop but I'm sorry most people are just -----ing because they don't know how to play well enough to know how to deal with it.  That's a sign that they should stop -----ing and learn more about how to actually play... because they will be the exact same people crying for nerfs anytime they struggle with something.

That's what use it for.  Generally when asking people to bring me a shrubbery no less.

That argument is for stuff that is not p2w and in game, but most of use can adapt to stuff but If I have to adapt to something in a cash shop I'm going to moan and ask for a nerf as it is p2w.

the worst thing is suit isn't cheap and guilds are making requirements where you need the suit, this is complete bs and needs to be redesigned.

I would love to have the suit in game not cash shop and learn to adapt.

I also did get your point but the fact you said people need to learn to adapt should not be in a thread about a cash shop item that gives advantage.

Posted

GVG the enemy is GLOWS bright redIf they PK you they GLOW bright red
I wear a gilly suite because it looks awesome  (mine is bright pink) so you'll always know if i pk you ^_^

people don't just pk  (the karma system sucks)

people in gillys that pk you are probably defending a grinding spot (means they wont move if you want to take revenge)

If you instantly die to a gilly (they are stronger then you) dont go back every time you  get pked you lose XP

Some people do just PK.  Personally I like the idea of an outlaw - I'd prefer not to gain as much karma when grinding.  To be fair, I usually don't use the ghillie - it's more of a situational thing.  I'd prefer playing knowing people are out for my blood.

Also, if you instantly die to someone - do what some of the people I killed do.  Bring more friends.  You'll feel vindicated if you succeed.  Also, fighting a group instead of instantly slaughtering one person is a bit more exciting on the other end.

That argument is for stuff that is not p2w and in game, but most of use can adapt to stuff but If I have to adapt to something in a cash shop I'm going to moan and ask for a nerf as it is p2w.

the worst thing is suit isn't cheap and guilds are making requirements where you need the suit, this is complete bs and needs to be redesigned.

I would love to have the suit in game not cash shop and learn to adapt.

I also did get your point but the fact you said people need to learn to adapt should not be in a thread about a cash shop item that gives advantage.

Honestly, ----- those guilds then.  Nothing like that should be required, and if they do require that they sound like a bunch of tools that you'd be better off not playing with anyway.

The ghillie's benefit is mainly for shenanigans, and escaping - that's pretty much it.  Yes, it should be added as an in-game item - but that doesn't change the fact that the most vocal of the complainers are complaining that it's P2W claiming that the benefit is far more than it really is.

Posted

Some people do just PK.  Personally I like the idea of an outlaw - I'd prefer not to gain as much karma when grinding.  To be fair, I usually don't use the ghillie - it's more of a situational thing.  I'd prefer playing knowing people are out for my blood.

Also, if you instantly die to someone - do what some of the people I killed do.  Bring more friends.  You'll feel vindicated if you succeed.  Also, fighting a group instead of instantly slaughtering one person is a bit more exciting on the other end.

Honestly, ----- those guilds then.  Nothing like that should be required, and if they do require that they sound like a bunch of tools that you'd be better off not playing with anyway.

The ghillie's benefit is mainly for shenanigans, and escaping - that's pretty much it.  Yes, it should be added as an in-game item - but that doesn't change the fact that the most vocal of the complainers are complaining that it's P2W claiming that the benefit is far more than it really is.

It is not just for shenanigans and escaping, in a gvg war you can not see there names so how we going to call targets when we can't see shit.

It makes it really hard for name target callers to do there job and yes this is very important in a huge gvg war.

Posted (edited)

there is clearly a problem with this suit, i guess originally it was made for gatherers who didn't want to be bothered but atm it gives a clear advantge , not in small scale PVP but definately in large scale, being barely noticeable is a HUGE advantage, this suit let you do some sneak move undoable without it, the suit should remain in the "don't mess with me while i gather stuff" outfit

lots of easy doable ideas have been already made, like loosing the stealth while in combat

using flares (who are already ingame but i am not a fan of this idea since you HAVE to get a specific item to counter the outfit)

for me i would go even further, losing stealth when attacking AND getting a vulnerability debuff when crouched, you remain invisible, but do like 1.5 less damage on your first shot PLUS recieve like 1.5 more dmg when hit when crouched, if you stand up the debuff remain like a couple of seconds to avoid fast stand up and nuke. it will make the outfit a pure scouting/gathering item making ambushes  nearly harmless unless you go out of cover and manage to get alive for several seconds to let the debuff go.

Edited by funerium

Posted

using flares (who are already ingame but i am not a fan of this idea since you HAVE to get a specific item to counter the outfit)

The flares are so bad they only show a small area and someone in a gillie suit needs to be close to it and anyone with half a brain can avoid a flare.

It is useless.

Posted

The flares are so bad they only show a small area and someone in a gillie suit needs to be close to it and anyone with half a brain can avoid a flare.

It is useless.

well, having more effective flares then ? i am not a fan of those anyway x)

Posted

Hate to tell you, but reality is different. I die 10 times today here just doing quests.

Some random just killed me, then when I come back, I see 2 rangers and not sure which one killed me, so what now? Kill both of rangers?

Oh, I guess having to start combo and get 1/3 of my hp before the fight even start, guess they are just OP more than me? LOL, if I got full hp, I would kill them anyway, the problem is not knowing who is the one that killed me that is the problem.

Do you even play the game? Because prepare for an attack is often the key in winning, but with guille suit, you hesitate and try to identify, thus you lose the advantage before the battle even start.

As for GvG, what if they don't attack you? They can stay unidentified and it loses the meaning of GvG.

Edit: There is always a need to put this on:

Even if they dont attack you In GVG THEY GLOW RED
If someone has killed you 10 times they would be negative karma and guess what THEY GLOW RED

Posted

So many bads trying to defend their easy mode even though this hurts the game.

Moronic.

Posted

Oh, you can't buy it so it's bad? lol

Posted

:P I dont instantly die 2 people im fairly high level with decent gear iv fought with bushes and been the bush :P and i just think its not rly that big a deal.

when you are red you risk de- leveling your gear  (do you think people with +15 gear will do this with out a reason) your gems breaking and losing a hole day worth of XP
well there is a small group but this group of people are level 54+ with near perfect gear and have no fear of ever dieing (so it dosent matter if they are red)

Posted

This thing is the biggest issue me and my friends have with BD. It has to be changed, and I already stated a few times why in different threads, but TLDR: It has become mandatory to purchase this item to remain on even footing with people that have it, or you will simply be at an disadvantage either way.

- OR - 

Introduce a "camouflage" gear slot with craft-able camouflages that hide the name. These last 3 days, and can come in different environmental designs, as well as with a visibility toggle (show/hide the camouflage). The perk of the suit would be that it would not expire, unlike the crafted camouflages.

- In any case - 

The suit or camouflage should always auto-display your name when PvP flagged.

Posted (edited)

PAY 2 WIN!

is it going to change? nope they making too much money... You want to change things, vote with your wallet, don't buy anything from cash shop.

Edited by Chewtoy

Posted (edited)

Idk it helps out in gvg issues as in a smaller guild can fight for an area with a bigger guild without fearing gvg will break out

Edited by galaenitan
auto correct

Posted (edited)

PAY 2 WIN!

is it going to change? nope they making too much money... You want to change things, vote with your wallet, don't buy anything from cash shop.

so if a level 54player with out a gilly  was walking along in Trents killing trees

then 5 level 50s jumped out of bushes with gillys  and ganked him

do you know what would happen - all level 50s would die

a group of 5 players "Ganked" me yesterday and i pked them all at the same time ( i was wearing pre-order armour because i was levelling)

if the level gap is big enough number of people trying to pk you does not matter  if your gear gap is big enough it dosent even matter if they are the same level as you

this game is NOT pay to win (you wont WIN with a gilly on) this game is NOLIFE to win, you will all cry  even harder when +20 weapons are around believe me you wont care about a bush

Edited by Xzoviac

Posted

Even if they dont attack you In GVG THEY GLOW RED
If someone has killed you 10 times they would be negative karma and guess what THEY GLOW RED

you obviously have a problem with your eyesight and you asked me if i played this game lol here let me help you

THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED THEY GLOW RED

You really have reading comprehension problem. I die 10 times, not killed by a single person 10 times. Learn the different.

Glow Red? Seriously, try to get someone to kill you in Guille suit and come back to find that person in an area where people passing by, then tell me if that person glow red.

LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ.LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ.

so if a level 54player with out a gilly  was walking along in Trents killing trees

a group of 5 players "Ganked" me yesterday and i pked them all at the same time ( i was wearing pre-order armour because i was levelling)

if the level gap is big enough number of people trying to pk you does not matter  if your gear gap is big enough it dosent even matter if they are the same level as you

this game is NOT pay to win (you wont WIN with a gilly on) this game is NOLIFE to win, you will all cry  even harder when +20 weapons are around believe me you wont care about a bush

It is P2W. Your 5 attackers must be new lv 50 and barely upgrade the equipment. I got a sorc did it this morning, barely doing damage to me and I killed in self defense, but then party of that sorc came with warrior keep bashing and other CC me, I managed a good fight, but still die in the end.

The Guile suit allows people to hide name, make other confuse of the identities and who to attack. They often ambush with combo and got 1/3 of your hp from the start.

So in a fight where you get surprise and lost 1/3 hp, you tell me that is not advantage? If I prepare, then I could win or run away, but the problem not knowing who the person you are about to face. It could be a total random, or your killer.

That's the problem with not showing names. Have you played KR or RU version? Because not knowing or recognize name of people who killed you, that's a big game breaker there.

Posted

A no lifer with ghillie suits, by your experience, would have the ultimate advantage, right?

I don't get why people always give examples like "imagine a fully optimized high level player vs a not fully optimized lower level player with this [insert] item. the high leveled player will win every time!!!!!"

Duh. Now imagine a high level fully optimized player vs another high level fully optimized player with [insert] item, in PvP or even in GvG. That player with specific item gives you an advantage that cannot be countered. That item is locked behind a paywall. Either you rework how flares work or you mitigate the effects of the item so that it doesn't work mid combat.

Posted

It's by far the most toxic item I've ever seen in an open world pvp game. Make it stop working as soon as you pull a weapon out or when you enter combat. 

It's absolutely ludicrous as it is. 

2 people like this

Posted

:P I dont instantly die 2 people im fairly high level with decent gear iv fought with bushes and been the bush :P and i just think its not rly that big a deal.

when you are red you risk de- leveling your gear  (do you think people with +15 gear will do this with out a reason) your gems breaking and losing a hole day worth of XP
well there is a small group but this group of people are level 54+ with near perfect gear and have no fear of ever dieing (so it dosent matter if they are red)

Yea... it's really based on the situation for me, and I don't instantly die to anything, but I have instantly killed someone.  I almost felt bad too since they were trying to help someone else.  Almost.  

Not a fan of the xp loss at the moment so I try to avoid it if possible, but that just means I usually pick and choose my battles.  Haven't heard anything about deleveling gear but I do know your gems are at a higher risk of breaking, and you suffer more xp loss.  Truthfully though, I'm not too worried about it.  Grinding a few % doesn't take too long.

The whole 54+ analysis I keep seeing is nuts though.  At the moment pretty sure there's only one on Orwen, with a handful of 51s so it's not exactly a common scenario in the first place.  Even then, I pvp to fight players rather than grind mindless AI so really the current penalties are acceptable to me.  Not saying that's all I do, but if the opportunity presents itself I don't shy away from it.

It is not just for shenanigans and escaping, in a gvg war you can not see there names so how we going to call targets when we can't see shit.

It makes it really hard for name target callers to do there job and yes this is very important in a huge gvg war.

Huh. I must've missed the massive guild battles so far.

Probably the best point, but even then they're better off just adding crafted versions.  Having that kind of chaos and uncertainty is imo something which will separate this game from all the other bland battles in almost all MMOs.

Posted

You really have reading comprehension problem. I die 10 times, not killed by a single person 10 times. Learn the different.

Glow Red? Seriously, try to get someone to kill you in Guille suit and come back to find that person in an area where people passing by, then tell me if that person glow red.

LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ.LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ. LEARN TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU READ.

It is P2W. Your 5 attackers must be new lv 50 and barely upgrade the equipment. I got a sorc did it this morning, barely doing damage to me and I killed in self defense, but then party of that sorc came with warrior keep bashing and other CC me, I managed a good fight, but still die in the end.

The Guile suit allows people to hide name, make other confuse of the identities and who to attack. They often ambush with combo and got 1/3 of your hp from the start.

So in a fight where you get surprise and lost 1/3 hp, you tell me that is not advantage? If I prepare, then I could win or run away, but the problem not knowing who the person you are about to face. It could be a total random, or your killer.

That's the problem with not showing names. Have you played KR or RU version? Because not knowing or recognize name of people who killed you, that's a big game breaker there.

yeah i played KR version , and peoples names where mostly Korean lettering  i didn't recognise may as well have had the hole server in gilly i didnt care ^_^

just going 2 have to disagree with you , my problem is im struggling to empathies  maybe im just lucky ,
I dont get pked in the way you are describing  with or with out the suit on (yes i have been ganked before)

anyway nn bored of this loop lol

Posted

they never should have made p2w shit.

So

- rework to remove all cheated advantage

or

- make the suit buyable IN GAME

Ofc, dont refund ppl that bought it because its a p2w crap, imho, that their own fault for beeing somes coward player that need to pay to compensate their lack of courage in pvp and get easy win. That's pathetic

Stupid

if you would've bought the suit you'd want a refund as well if it was changed

Posted

its been only 2weeks since the game has been out? ghillie isnt the problem, the dye system is whats p2w.. 

Yes u cant see their name, sometimes class, but i dont see this as a pay to win at all...

if their flag for pvp, or in gvg, you can see red bar above their head.

Camoflauge? get better glasses! i see no problem seeing a huge grass figure moving around in the bushes.. 

Posted

When i joined this game 2 days ago i saw the costume and i was like wow it looks nice.

Then i read the effect it has and i was like hmm this way i can stay hidden without a name removes the problem of people remembering me but little did i know that i would be near invisible as i resemble the grass around me.

When this came to my attention i was like hmmm this kinda sucks when i dash with full speed i look like a freaking nine tails or some kind of fox (i am a archer) so i am very pleased with the appearance.

But the part about a guild equiping this costume and just making it a random (fire in the hole game as in using aoe attacks as singleling someone out has no use) makes GvG very unappealing.

Posted

Sorry to be ignorant, but what does this suit give exactly?

It takes away all information such as guild/name when worn?

If you pk your name will appear, or will it stay hidden?

If it will let you hide to get on with your business and thats all you are doing, such as leveling or gathering I don't see a problem with it, but if you are not shown if you just started hitting someone pking it seems op.