• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Ghillie suit

What do you people think about the ghillie suit   1,974 votes

1. 1. What do you people think about the ghillie suit

• Daum should remove the ghillie suit as it introduces a paying strategy and therefore a two-speed PvP
    • Rework the suit, refund players.
    • Rework the suit, don't refund players.
    • Ghillie is fine.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

462 posts in this topic

Posted

A cash shop Item should not be something that effects the battle field and also I never said I can't see ghillies I'm saying during a mass war for 100s of ghillies around you its so hard to pick out the classes and have names to call.

example: there is a well known top player in a guild you are fighting there is no way to see he's name so you can't focus him.

Its not easy to pick out classes when there is mass chaos and there is nothing but ghillie suits.

It is a clear advantage.

It doesn't affect the battlefield........anyone can do what the ghillie can by going prone, if the person in a ghillie is attacking a friendly then he is enemy, simple. You seem to think GvG still small scale, if one person is really good he may make a small difference, but in the end you and everyone nearby will feel that person is dangerous and should be dealt with first. If you cannot recognize other classes simply by their moves, sound effects or stances by level 50 you shouldn't pvp, because that clearly indicates you were a carebear and have not touched pvp in any format other than being ganked. Any mass fight is chaotic in nature, that is where good leaders are separated from the bad ones, no good leader will send their entire guild after one player because they're "good", good leaders will send people to find the enemy FOB and destroy it, effectively ending the fight in that area. It offers insignificant advantage in GvG. Only time it will have advantage is in a 1 to 3 player unorganized gank where it is slightly harder to detect in your peripheral vision, but the fault lies with the player's inability to see a man sized bush running at them.

The point of using ghillie suit in GvG is not to be the only one running around as a tree. You and your friends will run around all in the same ghillie suit that hides both your name and appearance, then you will use witch/wizard, a glass cannon type class, and the other guild won't recognize that you are preparing for 1hit KO aoe type attacks till they die the very first time. After you are killed, now you have to identify that wizard sneaking around, while combating the various other guild members.

Wizards are typically something you seek out to kill first, and that gives a competitive advantage in guild warring that flares can't even counter. Not to mention you can't even craft them yet.

Why do you think guilds are looking to only recruit members with the suit? To have a team uniform?

If you look on reddit, there are wizards who even actively use the suit and say that it gives a clear advantage, and terrain is not one of those things. Being unable to call out the glass cannon class in the middle of the fray makes it extremely difficult to win unless you do the same. And guild warring is end game, so....it's pretty much p2w

As I already said, that fault lies with you, the game offers you all the necessary tools to mark and single out a player. The responsibility of pointing out a target does not lie just with the party leader, it is everyone's duty and every party member and guild member can do it. the ability to SEE their name, doesn't help you identify their class, how you identify their class is like everyone else in the game, by looking at their weapon at hand and moves they use unless you mean to tell me you have some hacks that can auto detect player's and stats via their names? Being unable to call out a target in the middle of a fight is your own inability. Guilds that recruit members that have the suit only can be easily countered with competence and teamwork.

1 person likes this

Posted

It doesn't affect the battlefield........anyone can do what the ghillie can by going prone, if the person in a ghillie is attacking a friendly then he is enemy, simple. You seem to think GvG still small scale, if one person is really good he may make a small difference, but in the end you and everyone nearby will feel that person is dangerous and should be dealt with first. If you cannot recognize other classes simply by their moves, sound effects or stances by level 50 you shouldn't pvp, because that clearly indicates you were a carebear and have not touched pvp in any format other than being ganked. Any mass fight is chaotic in nature, that is where good leaders are separated from the bad ones, no good leader will send their entire guild after one player because they're "good", good leaders will send people to find the enemy FOB and destroy it, effectively ending the fight in that area. It offers insignificant advantage in GvG. Only time it will have advantage is in a 1 to 3 player unorganized gank where it is slightly harder to detect in your peripheral vision, but the fault lies with the player's inability to see a man sized bush running at them.

so you want me to go prone with 0 movement just to be like a ghillie that can run around like it, I still don't see why you say this gives no advantage.

even streamers that do a lot of gvg say It gives a advantage on the battle field, with all the effects and skills going off you are telling me you can still see a wizard in a ghillie with all that shit going on I don't see your point and every time you say something it confuses me even more. 

1 person likes this

Posted

My 2 cents.

As it stands now the suit is a clear advantage in PvP with no disadvantage (that I can think of). It does need a rework as it is something that can only be paid for via. $$ and does give an advantage.

Posted

But you cannot attack while crouching....

If you are thinking that you will find a single player in a group of 100, then maybe you should really revisit GvG. It's not like a warrior or zerker, taking out 1 at a time, it's the mage doing heavy AOEs, and not being able to locate them even when you do know they are there. It's like going to a war during the 1700s, with your bayonets and muskets and rifles and rapier, but your opponent has their cannons in camouflage. You aren't going to be able to recognize what happened till noticeable damage has been done, but you still have to identify where the cannonball came from. Only the cannon is mobile, and very well hidden.

As I already said, that fault lies with you, the game offers you all the necessary tools to mark and single out a player. The responsibility of pointing out a target does not lie just with the party leader, it is everyone's duty and every party member and guild member can do it. the ability to SEE their name, doesn't help you identify their class, how you identify their class is like everyone else in the game, by looking at their weapon at hand and moves they use unless you mean to tell me you have some hacks that can auto detect player's and stats via their names? Being unable to call out a target in the middle of a fight is your own inability. Guilds that recruit members that have the suit only can be easily countered with competence and teamwork.

yeah, okay but this is operating under the notion that you aren't facing another competent guild. Why do people pretend that a team using an advantage isn't competent at all. Two competent, skilled guilds go at each other, one with ghillie set, the other without, who has the clear advantage? The guild with treants running rampant.

Posted (edited)

so you want me to go prone with 0 movement just to be like a ghillie that can run around like it, I still don't see why you say this gives no advantage.

even streamers that do a lot of gvg say It gives a advantage on the battle field, with all the effects and skills going off you are telling me you can still see a wizard in a ghillie with all that shit going on I don't see your point and every time you say something it confuses me even more. 

Because the whole point of you lying prone in a bush is to hide.....not fight. When the ghillies do fight you immediately know what class they are the moment they pull out their weapons. Ya I'm saying I do see them and can track them as the fight starts as can all my friends, that is why I do not see your point. If its an ongoing battle that I'm running into, I don't just jump into the fray, observe first then go in.

But you cannot attack while crouching....

If you are thinking that you will find a single player in a group of 100, then maybe you should really revisit GvG. It's not like a warrior or zerker, taking out 1 at a time, it's the mage doing heavy AOEs, and not being able to locate them even when you do know they are there. It's like going to a war during the 1700s, with your bayonets and muskets and rifles and rapier, but your opponent has their cannons in camouflage. You aren't going to be able to recognize what happened till noticeable damage has been done, but you still have to identify where the cannonball came from. Only the cannon is mobile, and very well hidden.

It is you that needs to revisit discipline. ALL guild members should be already briefed about what to do, just because you or I can't see it doesn't mean our other guild members can't, and if they don't or the guild does not do this then they are very new to GvG or refuse to adapt to the reality that is the game. Ghillies are not hidden when they are fighting, they are moving and running around casting magic, the only thing the ghilllie serves them is making it slightly harder to pick out from our peripherals because of their color.

Edited by Alleyne

Posted

Because the whole point of you lying prone in a bush is to hide.....not fight. When the ghillies do fight you immediately know what class they are the moment they pull out their weapons. Ya I'm saying I do see them and can track them as the fight starts as can all my friends, that is why I do not see your point. If its an ongoing battle that I'm running into, I don't just jump into the fray, observe first then go in.

You should not need to adapt to a cash shop item.

1 person likes this

Posted

You should not need to adapt to a cash shop item.

That isn't adapting, that is being tactical. ie understanding the situation before going in. You should always do that regardless of a ghillie being present or not. You make it sound like you attack the first thing you run into instead of picking out their glass cannons.

Posted

That isn't adapting, that is being tactical. ie understanding the situation before going in. You should always do that regardless of a ghillie being present or not. You make it sound like you attack the first thing you run into instead of picking out their glass cannons.

I wasn't quoting that I'm saying we should not have to adapt to ghillie suits advantage, I know about situation awareness that is not what I'm getting at.

I just don't like the advantage ghillie gives and I don't like adapting to a cash shop item.

Posted

yeah, okay but this is operating under the notion that you aren't facing another competent guild. Why do people pretend that a team using an advantage isn't competent at all. Two competent, skilled guilds go at each other, one with ghillie set, the other without, who has the clear advantage? The guild with treants running rampant.

Still don't see how they get an advantage from hidden names.....in fact its easier to see what they're holding in their hands without all that clutter that are their names.

Posted (edited)

Still don't see how they get an advantage from hidden names.....in fact its easier to see what they're holding in their hands without all that clutter that are their names.

don't you think because you have already adapted to it that you find It hard to see are point of view?

Edited by Ancientdragon

Posted (edited)

GcLIBTN.jpg

Edited by srifenbyxp
Too must salt can cause high blood pressure

Posted

I sexually identify as a tree and this thread triggers me.

Posted (edited)

don't you think because you have already adapted to it that you find It hard to see are point of view?

No, because that is standard procedure in any fight, unless you are new you would know that.

Tactical-Facepalm_o_93742.jpg

Edited by Alleyne

Posted

No, because that is standard procedure in any fight, unless you are new you would know that.

Tactical-Facepalm_o_93742.jpg

again your are talking about tactics in a fight not the ghillie suit Idk what you mean any more.

Posted

Lol I'm being as polite as I can, but you must've not done so well in comprehension. But I shall try to enlighten you one last time.

You claimed that you had to "adapt" to the ghillie suit, by not being able to pick out who the priority is, my point being made here is that regardless of the person wearing a ghillie suit or not. You already subconsciously scan the battlefield quickly to find their squishies and that it isn't any harder to find them whether they're wearing a ghillie or not when they are fighting, they're simply wearing dark green (which can also be achieved by dyeing regular clothes green). If they are prone hiding they are also not at an advantage because anyone can do the same and they cannot attack while prone. So in the conclusion, the advantage you speak of is superficial and insignificant.

tumblr_nzb3gjhogK1tndn6wo1_500.gif

Posted

again your are talking about tactics in a fight not the ghillie suit Idk what you mean any more.

maybe he is, because you keep hinting at the ghillie suit having a ''tactical'' advantage, that you refuse to identify with, and addapt to, because it's ''P2W'' i your own opinion.

I have the suit, and i've done a decent chunk of pvp so far, and i can tell you that while it is advantageous for spotting enemies in tall grass, it does nothing, i say again NOTHING. against a good player whatso ever, because a good player will spot you wether you are wearing a ghillie suit or a 60's disco costume with LED lights on it.
 Hell theres even a counter to it BUILT into the game, that 90% of the playerbase doesnt know of.

If you are unhappy about the ghillie suits popularity and what it brings, then THAT is what you should be outraged about, that there are no clear info ingame informing players that there are flares, and what they will do / how they are used.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let's all blame a cash shop item because we suck at pvp.

Posted

Stop -----ing, jesus.

Posted

honestly at this point i consider asking for an overall removal of nametags in the whole game.

this is so getting out of hand. Get rid of nametags, only show name in the interact window.

Could people finally start dealing with it then?

3 people like this

Posted

I wouldn't say remove it... but perhaps shuffle it over to the loyalty shop for anyone who buys it from that point on.

1 person likes this

Posted

honestly at this point i consider asking for an overall removal of nametags in the whole game.

this is so getting out of hand. Get rid of nametags, only show name in the interact window.

Could people finally start dealing with it then?

First really constructive idea ive read across endless posts regarding ghillie suit in pvp. +1 good sir you have my like.

Posted

Ghillie suit is clearly P2W. It offers gamebreaking advantages which cannot be acquired in any other way other than paying real money. So remove/rework and refund obviously. 

If we allow Daum to get through with this, they will add even more P2W stuff in a buy to play game. 

Posted

Lol you idiots really think they will rework it and refund everyone? You all must be dreaming. The suit has been the same throughout all versions of the game, its not going to change. 

Posted

Lol you idiots really think they will rework it and refund everyone? You all must be dreaming. The suit has been the same throughout all versions of the game, its not going to change. 

Childish attitudes like yours are what's going to ruin this game and its community.

Daum could easily change it or remove it.  They've already taken out other controversial aspects from the cash shop, and they can do it again.  The only people who are even voting for it to remain the same make up about 1/4th of the votes and are likely kids with your mentality or people who want to keep their advantage in PvP.

Posted (edited)

Childish attitudes like yours are what's going to ruin this game and its community.

Daum could easily change it or remove it.  They've already taken out other controversial aspects from the cash shop, and they can do it again.  The only people who are even voting for it to remain the same make up about 1/4th of the votes and are likely kids with your mentality or people who want to keep their advantage in PvP.

Childish attitude hu? Says the one constantly crying about a suit that is not even close to being p2w. And if anyone ruins the game it will be the people spamming the forums with "P2W P2W" and driving potential players away.

As I said, the suit has not and will not be changed. Unless Daum wants an even bigger shitstorm from actual paying customers.

Edited by Flylow