• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Account Compromised (12/03/2016)

65 posts in this topic

Posted

I like Rift, where if you login from a different IP it puts a block on spending of any currency and such, until you check your registered email and input the code.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm "the other guy" from reddit and here is my thread:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/42250-hacked-or-database-error/

The amount of trolls and posts about "lol you fell for bikini panda" in this thread is sickening, seriously! 

I'd NEVER share my account Mail/Name OR Password with anyone, I use a different pass for each game and it always has capital letters and special characters, I work in IT customer Support long enough to know what NOT to do. 

I also am still waiting for my ticket to answer but it's "good" to know I'm not the only one, there are a few oddities like only the first char was robbed, not all warehouses plundered completely and I was left with 220 silver, things don't add up espescially because there shouldn't be a way to rob us of things!

My assumption would be the hacker sold all shit and bought a set up overpriced Item on the marketplace to "transfer" the silver. 

Posted (edited)

Many years ago I got my WoW account hacked. Never once in my have I ever bought gold. So how did I get hacked? I downloaded a mod that was popular at the time. Unfortunately, it was new and was also embedded with a keylogger program. I logged in one day to find my Shaman butt nekkid.

If you haven't shared your account info with anyone, OP, there's a strong possibility you've got some kind of keylogging program lurking in your computer.

Also note that there a MANY ways to get such a program on your PC that doesn't include downloading a program.

I would also add that if you logged into your account on the website from a PC that wasn't yours, like at the library, or at your college, or even workplace, it's possible THAT PC had a keylogging program in it and that's how you got hacked.

Edited by krapmyself

Posted

I feel sorry for your loses. And I admit - it is very frustrating that they don't support 2-factor auth. Something like battle.net authenticator installed on your phone would be nice especially considering fact that player potentially spend money on cash shop.

For now the only things that I may recommend which are quite obvious are:

- Ensure your entry point (aka your laptop/PC) can be trusted via checking it with corresponding tools.

- Do not use any external resources for any game-related purposes especially those which asks any personal information. It's not only about any sort of sellers, it's about anything related to your account

- Make sure your e-mail isn't compromised. Keep separate e-mail for your game account and your other services usage

- Chose passwords that are not easily hacked by brute-force mechanics. Don't have same password for the account and for the e-mail

- I would recommend to have password of 14+ characters which contains digits/special symbols and does not contain any dictionary words/their forms or combinations. It's difficult to remember, though, so you may come to some balance between difficulty and easiness to remember

- Do not store your passwords anywhere locally or in any cloud services. The best thing is to remember them, if you're not using something like 50+ different services then it's fairly possible to have ~10 different passwords that are highly secure

Posted (edited)

So how did he get hacked? he never used the gold seller site and never shared his information? So some -----ing wiz hacker kid remotely hacked daum database and decide to take this guys shit instead Of a lvl 50+??? With +15 gear?

Edited by Toba

Posted

Many years ago I got my WoW account hacked. Never once in my have I ever bought gold. So how did I get hacked? I downloaded a mod that was popular at the time. Unfortunately, it was new and was also embedded with a keylogger program. I logged in one day to find my Shaman butt nekkid.

If you haven't shared your account info with anyone, OP, there's a strong possibility you've got some kind of keylogging program lurking in your computer.

Also note that there a MANY ways to get such a program on your PC that doesn't include downloading a program.

I would also add that if you logged into your account on the website from a PC that wasn't yours, like at the library, or at your college, or even workplace, it's possible THAT PC had a keylogging program in it and that's how you got hacked.

Quoting this for the truth. Generally, in public networks, they usually have some servers that they can receive info from, or detect some suspicious/odd bandwidth usage as well. Some public networks making you sign in, and sometimes in the terms of agreement, saying that they have the rights to cut off your network if they feel it's violating their policy. I'm not much of a computer techie, though, I would imagine that public computers would have a key-log more for safety measures in case of situations like folks planning terrorist attacks, and trying to supposedly keep themselves ''Incognito'' by using a public computer..on a public network.

I'm also inclined to believe that the same security risk also works in the situations of private devices (laptops, Ipod, or really anything that has wifi) aren't that safe on a public network as well, which can be another factor to take in mind as well.

Posted

Considering our accounts are secured with a password only - prepare for the mass compromises. 

Posted

Are you guys sure you were hacked and the server isnt lagging? When the server laggs your bank appears empty.

Posted

Hello,

Today I had the unpleasant experience of finding out that my account was hacked.

I've already tried to create a ticket but still didn't receive any response, so I thought I'd try my luck on these forums.

I do not share my account with anyone, no one knows my login information except for me and yet somehow someone else was able to login to my account.
The only way I could think of was through some key-logger software, but I scanned with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and nothing was found.

Yesterday (11/03/2016) I stopped playing at about 23:30 and remember placing my main character near the Heidel bank.
Today I logged in at 14:15 and found this same character at Velia with all of my potions missing which I thought was strange.
Then it hit me, the realization that I was hacked, I rushed to the warehouse in Heidel where I store all my valuables to discover that it was completely ransacked.
I had so much stuff in there, a bunch of Black Stones and over 500 wheat I was farming... but worst of all my precious Pearls (at least €12+)... all gone.

I wished there was a way to see a log of the Pearl Shop purchases so i could at least see what he got himself with my money.

I've now of course changed my password, which I guess is basically all I can do right now.
I'm hoping there is some way to restore my character from where I left it yesterday. 

Could someone look in to this matter at your earliest convenience? Because this is really bugging me.
Can you believe that I don't even feel like playing anymore right now? And this game is amazing...
I just hope we can get this sorted out and at least catch the culprit.  Justice!

I've seen there is another guy on Reddit with the same problem so I'm wondering if anyone else had this happen to them?

I absolutely can, I've been hacked before and it's just really dissapointing and turns you right off. Sorry to hear about your bad news dude.

All the people in this thread jumping on the OP and blaming him is -----ing disturbing.

Posted

Yea you got hacked but can still login to your account lol.. Normally hackers change the pass and steal the account to..

Posted

Yea you got hacked but can still login to your account lol.. Normally hackers change the pass and steal the account to..

you will need registered email to confirm the changes

Posted

Are you guys sure you were hacked and the server isnt lagging? When the server laggs your bank appears empty.

Sadly yes, I checked on various different times and channels and with different chars (which are working fine) Stuff is gone.

Posted (edited)

4500 pearls for the authentificator works only on one character. All other character need his own auth. Also sometimes the auth disappear and you need to buy a new one.

Edited by Nulak

Posted

I have brought this to the attention of the CS Team, they will review it and be in contact.

3 people like this