• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

i think pking should more penalties

24 posts in this topic

Posted

i think pking should have more penalties, i'm not talking pvp just pking. the game is great im just worried about getting bullyed. when i say bullyed i mean people just non-stop attacking me even if i change chanels bc there is no reason for it.everyone wants to injoy the game and it would be alot more fun.  we dont need AA 2.0 or Aion 2.0 if that what your into then go play that. im not saying take pvp out of the game but there are are arenas that you can do just for fun but everytime i see them no one is there. if the pking keeps goin on it will just turn into AA 2.0 and people will start to leave then.

Posted

fcepalm2.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

fcepalm2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

fcepalm2.jpg

Nothing to add - well said.

1 person likes this

Posted

No end in sight...

Posted

The only thing they need to change is that you dont lose exp for dying to player unless you are flagging. It's so frustrating getting ganked and losing 1% which takes 10-20 minutes and there is nothing you can do

Posted

So your reason is bullying? The punishments are already very severe for the PKers lol.

Posted

fcepalm2.jpg

^

Posted (edited)

fcepalm2.jpg.e46b20133d12ba0d24838749749

Edited by Alexandrious

Posted

24489474.jpg

Posted

So your reason is bullying? The punishments are already very severe for the PKers lol.

you can pk up to 10 players a day without consequences .   they tried to appeal the pker loud crowd but instead they are making the game very unappealing to pvers .    the karma penalty is a joke right now, and very easy to bypass.    and costumes make possible to hide your red status .  

Posted (edited)

you can pk up to 10 players a day without consequences .   they tried to appeal the pker loud crowd but instead they are making the game very unappealing to pvers .    the karma penalty is a joke right now, and very easy to bypass.    and costumes make possible to hide your red status .  

I'm sorry you don't seem to enjoy PK/PVP or whatever you want to call it, but aren't MMOs all about being social? For every player that enjoys preying on easy kills to feel good, there is a player that enjoys to kill them while protecting pvers. A lot of guilds look for pve oriented players for economic gains and will help them whenever a red player shows to harass. Also I do believe there is a guild option that allows the guild leader to protect X amount of members from pvp for Y amount of time( not sure about that one, I saw a streamer mention it, so I assume it's a legit working option)?

P.S. I agree the ghillie suit is retarded.

Edited by iLikeFish

Posted

I'm sorry you don't seem to enjoy PK/PVP or whatever you want to call it, but aren't MMOs all about being social? For every player that enjoys preying on easy kills to feel good, there is a player that enjoys to kill them while protecting pvers. A lot of guilds look for pve oriented players for economic gains and will help them whenever a red player shows to harass. Also I do believe there is a guild option that allows the guild leader to protect X amount of members from pvp for Y amount of time( not sure about that one, I saw a streamer mention it, so I assume it's a legit working option)?

I enjoy pvp.  

I rather spend my time polishing my nails irl than pking random people though , especially when there is absolute nothing to gain from  other than making yourself look like a total tard.

they need to make penalties for pking random people comparable to the ones in korea.

Posted

I like PvP when it's friendly and I'm not forcing some unsuspecting and likely pre-occupied bystander to humor me. I love spending time in the arena with friends and I'm pretty quick to rush to a friend's side when some basement dweller is bullying them. I think the overall karma low end could be deeper and I think that they should drop -equipment- lineage 2 style as well... but I think that PKers shouldn't have their path to redemption and association with normal human beings screwed over by defending themselves when attacked.

Posted

Yes I completely agree with you. As a real PvPer I find no honor in killing randoms while they're just minding their own business grinding mobs, but the game doesn't label people as one kind or the other so accidents can happen. The karma system is broken and I'm starting to think it would have been better to go the opposite factions route and have both PvE areas and faction contested territories.

Posted

"making the game very unappealing to pvers"

In a game where you need to do shtload of pve to be competitive in pvp.... some people are beyond carebear...

Posted

PK'ers should have less penalties, not more. I have no interest to do PK'ing, but it's already unfair for the PK'ers. And BDO is PvP oriented, just fight the PK'ers back and don't whine.

Posted

Posted

fcepalm2.jpg.e46b20133d12ba0d24838749749

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yeah thats if they are a part of a guild lmao. if they arent you go red 5 kills. no one is going to go below 0 karma because that is just suicide since anyone can attack you anywhere. Ghillie suits dont hide your red status. wtf r u playing... you still glow red in a ghillie suit if u have negative karma

Edited by Safety
1 person likes this

Posted

I could care less if the PKers get penalties, don't make the player being killed get screwed out of xp.

Posted

PK'ers should have less penalties, not more. I have no interest to do PK'ing, but it's already unfair for the PK'ers. And BDO is PvP oriented, just fight the PK'ers back and don't whine.

PvP oriented doesn't mean PK oriented. What exactly is unfair if you PK low geared random solo players with your high level char and make them lose 1% ?

Enjoy that you are able to PK at all, and stop whining about dealing with negative karma.

Posted

You're right, they should have more penalties. I think in EVERY game they should have severe penalties, however in most open world pvp games there are not. We should be thankful I guess that this game has any at all. But then we have the retard pk'ers who think they should get rewards for going around ganking lowbies or killing innocent players who didn't want to pvp with them in the first place - LOL, what delusional idiots. They already got the pvp level threshold down to45, and now they're asking for more.

However, I did always think that a great idea for a penalty for red-names is that whenever they get killed they have a good chance to drop gear and/or money as well; the chance for it dropping would increase depending on how bad their karma is. Screw them just losing crystals or enchantments, just make them drop the gear too..unless its bound or something.

Posted

There should be less penalty for PKing. You can buy your experience back, but not your karma. If you don't like being PKed either gear up or learn how to fight back. You can also just go grind somewhere else. I've PKed hundreds of people so far, and only one was for fun. Every other time the person was trying to steal my mobs or troll my karma.