• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Effective Gathering?

83 posts in this topic

Posted

This goes out to the more experienced players out there:

Is there a way to level up your gathering effectively? I'm currently sitting at skilled 3 and using 100 energy for something like .5 levels seems harsh. I've tried mining, woodcutting and even gathering bloody cabbages; nothing seems to give more than like .3% exp. Is that just the cold harsh truth of it, to continue like this or is there a way (or a site) to check for a decent method of leveling up?

Thanks.

Posted

This goes out to the more experienced players out there:

Is there a way to level up your gathering effectively? I'm currently sitting at skilled 3 and using 100 energy for something like .5 levels seems harsh. I've tried mining, woodcutting and even gathering bloody cabbages; nothing seems to give more than like .3% exp. Is that just the cold harsh truth of it, to continue like this or is there a way (or a site) to check for a decent method of leveling up?

Thanks.

I am wondering that too. Especially when I see pictures of people being professional in multiple crafts all on one character I wonder if there is something else going on there.

Posted

Who knows, maybe they focus on crafting? Otherwise....

latest?cb=20150822174323

Posted

Who knows, maybe they focus on crafting? Otherwise....

latest?cb=20150822174323

Right, they dont do any quests for CP nor run around getting knowledge and have like 50 energy pool and buy everything off market, but use 24/7 to craft. Now I wonder if someone better in maths than I am can calculate the energy and time one needs to get to professional in single craft? That would be rather interesting.

Posted

Hey I'm not saying they don't. Maybe the KR or Rus version of the forums have some info on it, but you better speak rus or kr well then ;)

Posted

Doing the Gathering Level 11 - 23 (in your case) quest would also help getting some levels. All (most?) life skills have additional quests that give a good amount of EXP for them. Your Black Spirit can show you the way under his "Guide" section.

All of them require you to gather them after the quest though, as it is gather 10 X and turn 10 X in.

1 person likes this

Posted

Doing the Gathering Level 11 - 23 (in your case) quest would also help getting some levels. All (most?) life skills have additional quests that give a good amount of EXP for them. Your Black Spirit can show you the way under his "Guide" section.

All of them require you to gather them after the quest though, as it is gather 10 X and turn 10 X in.

Black Spirit quests come once and you get 90% of one level from it. Done those. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be daily gathering quests the way there are cooking ones, so can't rely on those either.

Posted

Black Spirit quests come once and you get 90% of one level from it. Done those. The problem is, there doesn't seem to be daily gathering quests the way there are cooking ones, so can't rely on those either.

Olvia and Florin are amazing places for boosting your life skills 

2 people like this

Posted

Quick Tip but it is a competition so not giving all away.

Some things you gather enhance experience more than others. Work out what they are for your lvl...

'Shhhhh' ;P

1 person likes this

Posted

I know the feeling these days i'm just in bed recharging my energy to gather, just hit skilled 1. I hit ranking to see what the highest was and it turned out to be artisan 4... my mind just went poof. If anybody has some info let me know :S 

Posted

So it´s probably raising faster if you mine something rare instrad of feldspar, iron or copper. I´ve seen some really weird mining spots but they´re always empty. Is that emerald or something? If yes, and those give you more exp, it´d explain why they´re always empty. As for trees... there´re no rare trees, are there? Or do you get more exp from what you´re looting from that tree? So getting red tree lump ( or something like that ) gives you extra exp but it´s luck and skill based... sooo... get more luck to get more rare drops to get more life exp? I´m gathering skilled 5 but I don´t really keep track of it...

Posted (edited)

So it´s probably raising faster if you mine something rare instrad of feldspar, iron or copper. I´ve seen some really weird mining spots but they´re always empty. Is that emerald or something? If yes, and those give you more exp, it´d explain why they´re always empty. As for trees... there´re no rare trees, are there? Or do you get more exp from what you´re looting from that tree? So getting red tree lump ( or something like that ) gives you extra exp but it´s luck and skill based... sooo... get more luck to get more rare drops to get more life exp? I´m gathering skilled 5 but I don´t really keep track of it...

Don't listen to Deska, he's trying to be all mysterious whilst obfuscating...

You are right with "something rare", but that rare can come from basically anywhere - mining Feldspar, Diorite,... can throw gold/platinum/silver ore too and that moment gives more exp. Same with trees and flowers (btw you can get Fruit of <something> from Hoe gathering, not only Gardening).

There are gold and plat nodes, but like 2 and 2 of each in our available area, so that's hardly worth focusing on.

Those empty nodes you speak of - put out your cat, turn on the cat's skill... not so empty now, are they? Cat tags them, but you cannot touch them (no "R") - you need Gathering Skilled 5 to hump these, this is also the level after which you start getting the gold ore and procs like that, and also be able to mine the gem nodes (Beryl, Ruby, Sapphire), but they are really scarce and not worth trekking around for them just to lvl up gathering.

Simply: the cat doesn't tag it - it's empty, she tags it - you either lack skilled 5 or you have wrong angle, the cat tag is usually also the point you need to look at the boulder/thing to get the "R" option, especially valid for big rocks. If you've spent time to reach some gem node or such and it's idd empty, change channel.

Edited by Destabilizator
4 people like this

Posted

You are right with "something rare", but that rare can come from basically anywhere - mining Feldspar, Diorite,... can throw gold/platinum/silver ore too and that moment gives more exp. Same with trees and flowers (btw you can get Fruit of <something> from Hoe gathering, not only Gardening).

There are gold and plat nodes, but like 2 and 2 of each in our available area, so that's hardly worth focusing on.

Those empty nodes you speak of - put out your cat, turn on the cat's skill... not so empty now, are they? Cat tags them, but you cannot touch them (no "R") - you need Gathering Skilled 5 to hump these, this is also the level after which you start getting the gold ore and procs like that, and also be able to mine the gem nodes (Beryl, Ruby, Sapphire), but they are really scarce and not worth trekking around for them just to lvl up gathering.

Simply: the cat doesn't tag it - it's empty, she tags it - you either lack skilled 5 or you have wrong angle, the cat tag is usually also the point you need to look at the boulder/thing to get the "R" option, especially valid for big rocks. If you've spent time to reach some gem node or such and it's idd empty, change channel.

Uhhh, interesting, thanks for the input! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you may be confusing the issue with 'rare' items. Rare items are RNG and not really targetable usefully.

It is correct that some things give you more Gathering XP than others as I mentioned before. For instance mining copper tails off quite quickly compared to lets say mining lead.

As your skill progresses you can mine the 'nodes' more frequently. i.e. a Silver node will allow you to mine it 3 or 4 times before running out rather than once. The same for all others. That way you work out what materials give you more gathering XP and focus on them. For natural materials, herbs, veg, fungi. more will show up for you to gather as you level  and yes def use your cat. Cats are invaluable to gathering profession.

Another tip... Materials found further away from the starting area tend (on average) to give slightly more gathering XP than those at the start.

Posted

Alright, I bought a cat but she never seems to point out any nodes for me.  Either I'm not "turning on" my cat's skill or I just am missing it because I don't know what to look for.

How do I "turn on" the cat's skill?  Is there a way to confirm if the skill is on or off?  Can you describe what the cat does when they find a node?

Thanks for your help!

Posted

Welp what a shame, not gonna buy a cat : /

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have all three pets including the cat and I haven't noticed it going to resources. Thanks for the info, I'm now skilled 6.

-edit

WOW you have to right click the pet icon to bring up the menu to active them lol

Edited by Sweon

Posted

In case someone still needs info, farming red quartz in Khuruto Cave gives more skill xp than some other things. Not sure how Grain Soup, Suto Tea and gathering outfit affect anything, the tea should add xp too.  There are loyalty scrolls that give +10% life xp as well. So much from my personal, limited experience. Skilled 6 right now and it wasnt exactly easy getting there.

Oh wait I should have posted that on EBay I guess 9_9

Posted

In case someone still needs info, farming red quartz in Khuruto Cave gives more skill xp than some other things. Not sure how Grain Soup, Suto Tea and gathering outfit affect anything, the tea should add xp too.  There are loyalty scrolls that give +10% life xp as well. So much from my personal, limited experience. Skilled 6 right now and it wasnt exactly easy getting there.

Oh wait I should have posted that on EBay I guess 9_9

Once i found out about those i realized why nobody wanted to share info. Their re-spawn timer is quite high. 

Posted

Once i found out about those i realized why nobody wanted to share info. Their re-spawn timer is quite high. 

Look for a crack in the wall, there's pretty nice and cozy tiny cave filled with gem nodes :) 

Posted (edited)

I also advise you to get a "Silver Embroidered Gatherer's Clothes", when they're fully enhanced to +5 they give you +4 movement Speed, +3 Gathering Speed (with Elixier of Worker that's +5 Gathering Speed which means you'll probably need only about 1-2 Seconds per gathering Process) and the most important, +35% Gathering Exp, the only problem is that they're a freaking pain in the ass to enhance since their enhancement works like accessoires, not like armor for some reason.

Also as people said before, the best thing to do is to do all the gathering lv quests, there's one for each level from 10 on and every 5 levels (and in shorter intervals from lv. 30 on there's a big one). They give you some extra gathering exp. Only problem here is, that the big advancement uests from lv.30 on are missing since the reward item for them isn't implemented yet :(

Edited by Crux
1 person likes this

Posted

If you right click on the pet symbol you get pictures on each pet, if you leftclick on the specific pet you get to see all their skills and which are active. special skills (4th ball normally) is off by default and needs to be turned on. This is true for all specials Cat(Gathering nodes), Dog(PvP detection), Hawk(Rare spawn detection).

2 people like this

Posted

There are super-gathering quests which reward even 5x that Gathering Experience thingy. I have found one hub at the crossroads near bandit camp (guy eventually wants you to bring Gold Ore) and lower lvl hub at the farm east from Glish.

Posted

There are super-gathering quests which reward even 5x that Gathering Experience thingy. I have found one hub at the crossroads near bandit camp (guy eventually wants you to bring Gold Ore) and lower lvl hub at the farm east from Glish.

Hmm, the only life quests i gotten at the crossroads is the processing advancement quests, might be to low with skilled 9

Posted (edited)

What do people gather at the pro 7 - 10 range?

Edited by Sweon