• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

HP per Level seems to be random!

1,176 posts in this topic

Posted

If anyone can create a wizard with same zodiac and lvl it up to 7 pls do it and upload screen i dont have more slots to do test

Lol gotta say all in all. Every feature is annoying enough to give you a headache but not enough for the community to leave. Well done. This feature is like Windows 10 nobody asked for it. 

yea and that is a thing u can see but what about acuracy evasion and others hidden stats?.... Ppl with bad rolls can have a shit character and another ones can have a god ones :S pls any gm or jouska or anyone pls answer that post and throw some light to it 

Anyone can post the message for cm_jouska? I dont know how to do it

Posted

just leveled  5 tamers to level 10 for enchant on alts last night, here are their stats:

tamer 1
level 10
154 hp
102 mp

tamer 2
level 10
151 hp
106 mp

tamer 3
level 10
162 hp
92 mp

tamer 4
level 10
154 hp
97 mp

tamer 5
level 10
153 hp
91 mp

as you can see none of them have the same stats

Posted

This makes sense.

Also, basic D&D rules meant you rolled for your hitpoints each level. Nothing new in RPGs.

I like to see some people don't forget what RPG means.

Posted

lmao brb refunding, what a joke.

Posted

And no organized D&D play I have ever seen (think the campaigns run by WotC or independent equivalents thereof) used either the random HPs per level or the random stats at character creation. That kind of thing might work in your home campaign, but in a setting where you play with random people having some characters just be worse because RNG wasn't acceptable to anyone.

Posted

Common we need more ppl replying that thread for call any atention and pray for an answer.

(sorry bad english but i want an answer)

Posted

lmao brb refunding, what a joke.

bye Felecia 

Posted

*screenshot posts*

Just letting you know you can hit "Print Screen" and find screenshots in "My Documents > Black Desert > Screenshots" for more clear images in the future. <3

Keep on with the thread though this is an interesting read and something I'm going to be looking into personally to try and test differences.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have 6 or so wizards I will test on now, will update in an hour or so.

Posted

IMG-20160417-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.b5f573f7fIMG-20160417-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.1357776e0well i dont want to believe its a rng so i do test 2 wizards lvled up to lvl 7 and yes its a rng sistem hp and mp and thats is what you can see but what about acuracy and others hidden stats?.... And sorry for bad quality its from my phone and sorry again for my english 

IMG-20160417-WA0007.thumb.jpeg.81f4ea696

Dude why are u taking pictures of your screen in 2016?

make screenshot pls i'm triggered

5 people like this

Posted

Considering this game has PvP, that is utterly insane.

Posted (edited)

preliminary results from two characters hp/mp 1st char (+4 +1)(+3 +0)(+1 +0)(+2 +1)(+2 +18) 2nd char (+5 +1)(+1 +0)(+3 +1)(+2 +1)(+3 +20)

2016-04-17_39301045.thumb.JPG.01c4f6d3db2016-04-17_39835082.thumb.JPG.ae134f976c

Edited by drfuzzyduck

Posted

Men its bad but its really a minor issue. Over the course of 55+ "rolls" you average out. And if its weighted then even more averaged.

Aka coin toss theory.

Posted

And no organized D&D play I have ever seen (think the campaigns run by WotC or independent equivalents thereof) used either the random HPs per level or the random stats at character creation. That kind of thing might work in your home campaign, but in a setting where you play with random people having some characters just be worse because RNG wasn't acceptable to anyone.

The point is that it is a legitimate RPG mechanic and is clear as day in the official D&D ruleset. From what I can gather in BDO, you can stack the odds in your favour by levelling health before you level and hence potentially gain higher than average HP on levelling.

I dunno, I tend to approach a game where I look at the mechanics presented and then game those mechanics to my advantage - or not, if I want to put a wrinkle in my charters progression for whatever reason. Understanding and exploiting mechanics in an RPG is part of the fun, IMO.

1 person likes this

Posted

what I see from my test is that even the level up hp/mp gained nets a different result than what is shown in the pictures I took.

Posted

Need review this. 

Posted

Men its bad but its really a minor issue. Over the course of 55+ "rolls" you average out. And if its weighted then even more averaged.

Aka coin toss theory.

You sure? I've been getting reports of huge differences in "base" HP pools (over 10% differences). There were a few threads about this in the Ranger section of these forums.

Inb4 the white knights arrive and say "RNG HP/MP is a good choice. It adds to the longevity of the game. It adds a long term goal. This game is grind, face it."

Posted

@CM_Jouska @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes

Please look into this... Also, would appreciate if you could provide some information on:

-Is this intended or is it a bug? If a bug, disregard the following questions but please fix this as soon as possible.

-If it is intended, is it completely random or does class/horoscope/leveling method/etc affect it?

-Is there a range for how much hp & mp you can get each level? And does this range increase as you reach higher levels? 

-Is there any particular reason this is implemented in the game? Or is this just another RNG feature to make the game last longer?

-Are there any other stats that are RNG based like this? If so, could you tell us which?

Posted

Aka coin toss theory.

sorry, but 55 rolls is not NEAR enough to even out, would need a few hundred at least, what 55 is however is enough roll for a potential HUGE difference in HP/MP

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but what if the difference evens out once the char reaches lvl50 (or 56?). Like the increase is kind of random (+1%-50/56% increase during each lvl up but all numbers can only be "taken" once) but at the end everyone will end up with the same hp/mp ?! But this would invovle leveling up two char up to 50 without training hp (food) to not mess with the results.

Edited by Alcorius

Posted (edited)

Finally a good quality and informative forum post! Thank you for sharing this OP.

Edited by Jnn

Posted

Not sure if this was already mentioned, but what if the difference evens out once the char reaches lvl50 (or 56?). Like the increase is kind of random but in the end everyone will end up with the same hp/mp ?! But this would invovle leveling up two char up to 50 without training hp (food) to not mess with the results.

if that were the case why would there even be RNG on a per level basis?  makes no sense.

Posted (edited)

if that were the case why would there even be RNG on a per level basis?  makes no sense.

well it actually would make sense quite a lot. This way everyone would be interested to level up as soon as possible (especially above the soft cap if that applies to those levels above) = invest lots of time = more money for Pearl Abyss (PC-Bangs in Korea cost money; more time needed = more money earned ;))

Edited by Alcorius

Posted

100 more hp dont make huge diference but, what about hidden stats like acuracy evasion and others? the cm and game master can evade that question easy if they say its only hp. and you know why? because that game dont give any ---- information about ur stats only ap dp from equiped items :S we need a better information system.

Posted

well it actually would make sense quite a lot. This way everyone would be interested to level up as soon as possible = invest lots of time = more money for Pearl Abyss (PC-Bangs in Korea cost money; more time needed = more money earned ;))

How does random amounts of HP/MP per level equate to the above?

You're going to need to keep this thread alive for a few days, I don't think anyone at Daum works on weekends.