• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[LV40+] How much do you die when PvEing?

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Simple question to all the Rangers out there. It's both out of curiosity and out of necessity: I've just hit Lv40 and I'd like to "move on" with my gear - especially the Armor Pieces. I'm still running around with a +0 Agerian Set (with Talis Boots) with basic crystals on them. 

Point is, I do have 2 Heve Pieces and 2 Zereth Pieces in my Warehouse, but given how expensive (and rare) "some" crystals are, I do not want to buy them unless I know that I'm not going to die at all: I've died only 4 times so far, two of these against "bosses" that oneshotted me out of nowhere (one of these was Red Nose, the other I can't remember), the other 2 were when I was pretty tired and got stuck "in the wall" while EESing around and died like a retard there. I'm a pretty careful gamer, mind me, but I do not know how the game is at LV40+ (are there many "difficult" mobs? Can you get oneshotted?) and I do not want to purchase "lv2" crystals for 2-3M silver with the chance of having some of them break because "something unexpected" happened.

So, yeah, that's pretty much it: if you tell me the game is going to become harder - that is, lots of mobs oneshotting you - then I'll think twice before upgrading my gear. On the other hand, if you tell me that the chances of being killed by mobs are the same as before, then it's all good for me.

Of course I do not consider PvP deaths as those don't trigger the chance of having a crystal break.

Thanks in advance ^^

Posted

I die often because I never use HP pots unless im under 100 hp. You will only die if you screw around like I do trying to look flashy

Lol, I was the same until I died my very first time (and I too tried to look flashy!). I think I used my first health pot at lv30+. Since then, I've started using them whenever I'm below 50%HP and I know that the mobs around me can deal more than 25%HP with one hit.

But yeah, the main point is that I do not like getting oneshotted. If some mobs are able to one-two shot me. Getting 3-shotted is fine though (as it should be, since I'm a dps class).

Posted

Do world bosses without any armor on to prevent gem loss upon death. You're a one-shot either way. Source: Walpurga

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've been taking it real slow with the game and I'm only at lvl 31 since headstart, but so far I've not died once....unless you count the time where I set my horse to auto run to my fishing spot while I went afk then came back to see me and my horse on the bottom of the ocean.....But let's not count that one.

Edited by Faythscar
2 people like this

Posted

Only time I die while PvE'ing is if my internet craps out (Which is frequently). Rangers have tons of mobility, as well as the V skill, and we carry a load of potions anyways. Really hard to die unless you somehow get CC trained by an elite.

Posted

Today was my first death since hitting 50 (in PVE) which was 7 days ago, I only died because I dced.

Hope that helps.

Posted

I only die when I'm AFK, but I'm lv 50 and carry lots of potions with me. I've learned not to rely on mana pots as much as I used to though.

1 person likes this

Posted

I only die when I'm AFK, but I'm lv 50 and carry lots of potions with me. I've learned not to rely on mana pots as much as I used to though.

wtf teach me

Posted

wtf teach me

Gather groups of 5 or more and Q cancel back to full mana. WotW EES to your hearts content, move onto the next pack of 5 or more and get max mana again by Q canceling.

Posted

I only die when using auto walk into the middle of a enemy camp ... lol.

Set autowalk to Lake Kaia -> get a coke and come back to the respawn screen :o.

Posted

Gather groups of 5 or more and Q cancel back to full mana. WotW EES to your hearts content, move onto the next pack of 5 or more and get max mana again by Q canceling.

I was hoping it was something effective, this method slows down farming by about 50%

Posted

I was hoping it was something effective, this method slows down farming by about 50%

Really? Because 3-4 Q cancel's takes about 3 seconds and you're full mana again, it also means you don't go back to shop as much which really slows down your farm by a metric ----- ton more than 50%.

Posted

The only time I Q-cancel is when I'm fighting cyclopses or PVPing. I usually use bow skill and ultimate evasive shot in conjunction with ultimate charging wind. I also bow skill until my mana refills and A + F.. It's very hard on mana, so I try not to use it often, but bow skill and evasive shot can easily be used to refill mana.

I also make proper use of my ranger's speed by putting away my bow and running like hell when I bite more than I can chew. ^_^

Posted

No one seems to be mentioning it, but you have a Get Out Of Jail Free card with "V".  Get use to using it.

Also, with 1500+ health and 100+DP, you should have plenty of time to use a pot and always keep your health above 1200 to avoid a most 1 shots.

Posted

I feel like any time I've died in PvE it was 100% my own fault for being a bad.
Rangers have crazy mobility. Stay on your toes and you'll always be fine.

:)

1 person likes this

Posted

Ive only die when theres a lag spike or to world bosses

Posted

Just curious, why is all of your gear +0?  I started upgrading around level 20, and when I hit 40 my weapon was +7, each piece of armor was +5, my offhand was +4, and I had a +1 ring.

As far as dying, it's very hard to die "legitimately".  I use the term very loosely.  I've died twice on my Ranger.  The first was from an elite mob that spawned right next to me when I opened up a quest chat with an NPC.  It was the scared woman by the frog guys.  By the time the chat window closed automatically, he had already killed me.  The second time was against one of those experiment orcs that explodes.  Had no idea they did that, and needless to say it was a one-shot.

As far as regular farming and quest bosses, it's incredibly easy to survive.  With the abundance of potions available, there is really no need to ever let yourself get below 50% health.

Posted

I haven't died with Ranger yet, and I am way into my level 21. The only time I died was with my Sorceress and that was because of lag.

Posted (edited)

No one seems to be mentioning it, but you have a Get Out Of Jail Free card with "V".  Get use to using it.

Also, with 1500+ health and 100+DP, you should have plenty of time to use a pot and always keep your health above 1200 to avoid a most 1 shots.

No point in using the V skill if I get oneshotted D: The issue is that I do not know what can oneshot me. If I know a certain attack will kill me, then of course I'll do something to prevent it. But given my limited knowledge of the game (including the damage potential of enemy's attacks) I do not know that - hence my need to post this topic :D

Plus, it's easy to talk with 1500+HP and 100+DP :P I currently have 1.1k HP and...65DP, maybe? And that's with all my armor to +5 (Chestpiece to +7). It will be a long way before I reach such values.

Just curious, why is all of your gear +0?  I started upgrading around level 20, and when I hit 40 my weapon was +7, each piece of armor was +5, my offhand was +4, and I had a +1 ring.

As far as dying, it's very hard to die "legitimately".  I use the term very loosely.  I've died twice on my Ranger.  The first was from an elite mob that spawned right next to me when I opened up a quest chat with an NPC.  It was the scared woman by the frog guys.  By the time the chat window closed automatically, he had already killed me.  The second time was against one of those experiment orcs that explodes.  Had no idea they did that, and needless to say it was a one-shot.

As far as regular farming and quest bosses, it's incredibly easy to survive.  With the abundance of potions available, there is really no need to ever let yourself get below 50% health.

Because I didn't want to destroy the armor, lol. I knew extracting upgrades would destroy the weapon/armor, so I did not bother upgrading until lv40 haha. It wasn't fun seeing my HP bar dropping to half whenever a mob hit me - but I guess that was my own fault. Now that I upgraded everything I feel way safer, but certain attacks still do a lot of damage. In particular, the Big Explosion from one of those Elite "Orc Test Subjects" near the Chimera's grinding spot dealt 95% of my HP. I was freaking out because everything was going smoothly and then, suddenly BOOM, almost dead.

You see, these are the things that I am scared of. I see a mob that I have never seen before that starts flashing - I managed to get away, but the distance between us was not enough to avoid getting hit completely. And I almost died for that, "only" because I did not know of that attack's range and damage potential. I was so afraid of dying there: with 2 +2 Movement Speed Crystals and 2 +2Attack Speed Crystals (with the High Chance of breaking when dying) I have a high chance of losing 1.2 Millions (and wasting some time to try getting them back in the AH) whenever I die. Hopefully that won't happen soon (or at all, at least in PvE).

But yeah, aside from that particular encounter, random mobs now barely scratch me, compared to the damage I was used to suffer before. I'm level46 now and everything is going smoothly :3 Running around with +5 Movement speed (+4 with Crystals, +1 from food buff) is really awesome lol, only t3+ horses with speed bonuses can outrun me now.

Edited by hihey54

Posted

Would you be able to explain this mechanic? :)

Posted

I would like to know too , i'm lv 44 ranger and i just spam those cheap 80s mana pot like there no tomoorow :P

Posted

Blasting gust hits 2x per cast, and spreads damage between all targets hit. When you group 5 or more mobs together it essentially hits 10 times per cast and regens your mana extremely fast. I don't know if it's a hidden mechanic in blasting gust, or if it synergizes with spirit healing (hard to test as spirit healing 1 was free) but it's very easy to go from no mana to full mana in a few seconds by doing this method. I stopped buying 150 pots at a time and usually run around with about 80 on average and able to farm much longer until I'm like 125% weight lol and then drop my goods at my wagon and keep farming again :P

1 person likes this

Posted

I've only died 3 times so far, currently level 45. when I do it's because I  get sloppy and start taking mobs on like 5-6 trolls at once around lvl 40 and 3 of them hit me at the exact same time , I tend to die with 50+ HP pots in my inventory so it's always me being stupid and completely avoidable situation.

Also my horse died once and I have no idea how. I swear It was in a safe place but it ended up RIP. 

Posted

As a ranger, leveling has been mostly easy, and I have died 2 times, both due to afk though. Just shy of 30, 2%or so. For me figuring out the timing and resourcefulness with skills use was key, also learning not to spam skills<----Mana Burn.

So far the biggest 'step' was fighting the orcs early on, that's were your kiting skills are really put to the test. Smallish packed areas with a reasonably fast re-spawn rate, here I managed a few close calls but have managed. Once the beserkers no longer 'con'ed' purple it eased up alot. They just hit hard, but kiting will help.

Gl out there!

Posted

Don't bother with end game gems until you have all your end game gear (+15 Yuria, armor). From there use the gems that give you +1. The only gem you'll have a hard time finding are the off hand luck gems