• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lucky Gathering Tools are USELESS?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

So I bought a Lucky Steel Butcher Knife for 180k silver, the Steel Butcher Knife is ony 40k compared to the Lucky one, it says Luck is increased with the Lucky one, but don't fool yourself, it's the same, you wont get more meat or any special stuff by using it, it«s just useless, dont buy lucky ones, i learned the hard way, used 100 energy gathering weasel meat, i never got more than 2 weasel meat at a time and i only got 3 polished stuff that sell for 10k each, same rate as using the normal steel butcher knife. I dont  know if the Lucky one is only usefull if you have 5 luck, but if this is true, it's jsut bad, why pay or craft a 180k item when you can just craft or buy a 40k item that its the same!!??

am i missing something?

Posted

try lucky sickle or pickaxe, it works wonders. Easily pays for itself

Posted

try lucky sickle or pickaxe, it works wonders. Easily pays for itself

explain, what advantages do they actually give? curious as i've got one but not used it

Posted

the thing is nothing in this game pays for the prerequisite.

you gather the materials to craft a boat (time included) > you lose a -----ton of money

you gather the materials to craft armor pieces > you lose a -----ton of money

you buy an expensive tool that says it has luck on it > you lose a -----ton of money

i could go on for days. this game doesn't reward you for doing ATLEAST 40% of its features, it -----ing costs you lol, abeit not alot in most cases but good -----ing design korea 10/10

2 people like this

Posted

you gather the materials to craft a boat (time included) > you lose a -----ton of money

you buy an expensive tool that says it has luck on it > you lose a -----ton of money

i could go on for days. this game doesn't reward you for doing ATLEAST 40% of its features, it -----ing costs you lol, abeit not alot in most cases but good -----ing design korea 10/10

are you saying there is no way to make money? So how come that richest people are mostly top in professions? 

I am myself quite rich, and most of my money are coming from gathering/nodes -> processing/craft. All you have to know is WHAT is profitable to make and mine.

3 people like this

Posted

are you saying there is no way to make money? So how come that richest people are mostly top in professions? 

I am myself quite rich, and most of my money are coming from gathering/nodes -> processing/craft. All you have to know is WHAT is profitable to make and mine.

just another kid looking to get spoon fed, nothing to see here.

And yes i've made plenty myself.

Posted

i mean you cant make money using those raw materials to make other things, the game punishes you with lower and stupid prices. I personally just farm and sell black stones but a LOT of my carebear friends have been very disheartened because this game has a dogshit economy 

Posted

Well, because they didn't wast money on ships and lucky tools obviously, you silly!

Posted

Just for clarity for OP, a lucky pickaxe vs a standard nets roughly 3 times the ore from mining from the tests done by myself and one of my guildies.

Other tools may have differing effect, but we personally felt the results were such that we do not use non-lucky tools. from a pure $$$ stand point, buying up available ore etc is obviously the cheapest acquisition method, but triple the mats = vastly higher xp gain and if your going to gather resources yourself why not make the most of your energy?

plus 200k is less than half an hours gameplay at lvl 30 if your vendoring everything. And even if your simply mining iron, that extra ore gained when processed will sell for more than 1/2m from a single lucky steel pickaxe if your apprentice gathering/processing (when we ran our tests/calculations).

Just the info I've accumulated through testing, up to you if that is worthwhile or not :)

Posted (edited)

I guess those complaining about stuff not being worthwhile have gathering on beginner or processing on beginner etc.

This game is quite differently setup from other games in the crafting area. It seems to not make any sense why the raw materials would be worth more than the finnished product.

But now take into account leveling your professional skills. At first you get 1, maybe 2 wood plancs out of processing wood. With higher processing level you get 2-4 and a chance to gain a higher tier in addition. Which evens out to 3 wood per processing. Now suddenly its profitable to refine stuff, who knew.

Then the higher you get the lower the energy amount you need because often processing of lower tier stuff does not consume energy.

Lets take 500 Iron as example, at beginner you need 100 energy to process that into approximately 100 melted iron shards

On my level it takes around 40 Energy and processes into 250-300 melted iron shards.

Can you now see how the system works? You need to spend effort, time and energy into what you are doing to make profits and not just press a button to craft and make money.

In addition, now combine this with multiple jobs to get you for example Sturdy Plywood, it takes alot of effort to make sturdy plywood. But I input around 200k in resources and I get out 1 mil in finnished product, i would say that is a good profit (if I had sold the basic raw materials on the ah instead of turning em over to somethign worthwhile)

Edited by Eldiora
3 people like this

Posted

I love it when people with beginner ranked gathering complain about gathering not yielding much.
You do realize that you get more material - and rare materials depending on your skill level

There is a reason why you spend time to get a good worker with bonus luck and skills specific to crafting tools up and groomed to get those lucky tools. You just simply don't waste those tools on low gathering alts or common resource spawns

Posted

The first pickaxe I made from my level 2 tool shop turned out lucky (didn't know it was a thing), I can say, these are awesome.

Posted

I think some of you guys talk without reading my posts, so I will clarify again

Like i said I used Lucky BUTCHER KNIFE, it MAY DIFFER with lucky PICKAXE!!, i only tried with Butcher Knife and i have SKILLED Gathering level not beginner or Apprentice..

and I only tried this on Weasels

1 person likes this

Posted

Like i said I used Lucky BUTCHER KNIFE, it MAY DIFFER with lucky PICKAXE!!, i only tried with Butcher Knife and i have SKILLED Gathering level not beginner or Apprentice..

Get used to people not reading half the valid points you make and attempting to assert their superior knowedge around here.

1 person likes this

Posted

it will be worth once the blue orb comes out next patch.. it's a high value crafting material drops from gathering 

Posted

Sadly OP bought the one of 2 useless tools (fluid collector and butcher knife).

Pickaxe, Lumbering Axe and Hoe are awesomesauce. Tanning knife procs already processed hides.

Posted

Sadly OP bought the one of 2 useless tools (fluid collector and butcher knife).

Pickaxe, Lumbering Axe and Hoe are awesomesauce. Tanning knife procs already processed hides.

that would explain it, do you know if they are bugged or they only work on some kind of monsters?

Posted

that would explain it, do you know if they are bugged or they only work on some kind of monsters?

What bug do you mean? The amount of stuff you get ties to your skill lvl, the rare things (Gold Ore, Spirit Leaf,...) tie to lucky tool.

Posted

What bug do you mean? The amount of stuff you get ties to your skill lvl, the rare things (Gold Ore, Spirit Leaf,...) tie to lucky tool.

For example If I was gathering Weasel Meat, at skilled level 3 and using the lucky butcher knife I had the same drops as using a regular steel butcher knife, i was expecting AT LEAST to get 3 or 4 weasel meat per gather, but what i got was 1-2 weasel meat (same as regular steel one)

Posted

For example If I was gathering Weasel Meat, at skilled level 3 and using the lucky butcher knife I had the same drops as using a regular steel butcher knife, i was expecting AT LEAST to get 3 or 4 weasel meat per gather, but what i got was 1-2 weasel meat (same as regular steel one)

That's no bug, as I said, the amount of meat you gather is tied to your Gathering skill lvl, not the tool. Luck procs rare drops, when butchering, there are no rare drops.

Posted

Gathering skilled 3 and expect already such big improvements? I've hardly spend time to level it up and am level 2 or something. This game is about the long run, not to achieve everything in 1 or 2 weeks.

Posted

Started by OvidiuHiei, 13 March

Then do your -----ing title properly, jesus.

Posted

Started by OvidiuHiei, 13 March

Then do your -----ing title properly, jesus.

you can't read?

Posted

you can't read?

I can read fine, your title says lucky gathering tools are useless. Not my fault you don't know how to get your point across and ask a question properly.

Every reply in this topic was 'on-topic'

Posted

HAH you must be joking ^^ . If you know what to gather you can make a decent amount of money ^^ . You just need to find what to gather > process > sell .