• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

End game PVE?

137 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

So. i only been hearing people saying Black desert have good PVP. Is there no endgame PVE in BD?

Posted

not really, no. you pvp end game

Posted

How come there is no PVE, like open instances etc. 

how do you get end game gear?

Posted

You do grind PVE mobs to get drops to enchant gear. But I figured you meant more than just mobs and things like raids. There are no raids, and right now no world bosses, but I know they plan to add some world bosses for us. Right now bosses are summoned via scrolls.

No instances or anything like that.

1 person likes this

Posted

How come there is no PVE, like open instances etc. 

crafting, grinding mobs/bosses. Some gear you can get from NPC (buy) and from quests.

Posted

Is there no instances? Or open world dungeons ? with bosses kill.?

Imean would there not be bad guys to kill to keep the lore going ?

Posted

Is there no instances? Or open world dungeons ? with bosses kill.?

Imean would there not be bad guys to kill to keep the lore going ?

maybe if you had read infos about BDO or tried any other version JP/KR/RU you'd be aware the actualy end-game of BDO at this moment is pure guild vs guild for the controls of the zones, best farm spot/grind set taxes , trade routes etc .  the BIG STRENGHT of BDO is its totaly OPEN WORLD wich means no instanced content.

Posted (edited)

maybe if you had read infos about BDO or tried any other version JP/KR/RU you'd be aware the actualy end-game of BDO at this moment is pure guild vs guild for the controls of the zones, best farm spot/grind set taxes , trade routes etc .  the BIG STRENGHT of BDO is its totaly OPEN WORLD wich means no instanced content.

A game can be open world and have instanced dungeons.

Example: WoW

Edited by Elkas

Posted

no thank you. where in wow do you see people pvping in the open world. please tell me.
everyone just waits in town and for the queues.
go back to wow if you want instanced things.

2 people like this

Posted

idk dungeons sound like a good idea. Not everyone wants to kill people all the time for their endgame jollies~

I mean i don't do endgame things since I have no idea at what point is it endgame nor do i care but I always like options to ignore. Makes me have choices I might one day probably not take advantage of~

Posted

no thank you. where in wow do you see people pvping in the open world. please tell me.everyone just waits in town and for the queues.
go back to wow if you want instanced things.

how is that relevant? WoW is not a game that was made with open-world PvP as a main goal, yet there IS open-world PvP (or was, haven't played the most recent expansions), it's there, it's an option, if people don't do it doesn't mean that there isn't. Why do you fight so hard against instanced dungeons? it'd literally be just more content, doesn't take away from the open-world PvP feature you seem to cherish so deeply.

Posted

how is that relevant? WoW is not a game that was made with open-world PvP as a main goal, yet there IS open-world PvP (or was, haven't played the most recent expansions), it's there, it's an option, if people don't do it doesn't mean that there isn't. Why do you fight so hard against instanced dungeons? it'd literally be just more content, doesn't take away from the open-world PvP feature you seem to cherish so deeply.

it does.
more people in town waiting for queu means they're not outside fighting for their grinding / xping spot.

Posted (edited)

it does.more people in town waiting for queu means they're not outside fighting for their grinding / xping spot.
maybe you should played more than just wow .

You're assuming they'd implement WoW's dungeon / raid / instance system, there are many different ways to implement instanced dungeons that do not hinder the PvP-focused style of BDO.

Also I don't see why you wouldn't be able to PvP inside the instanced dungeon, I've seen MMOs do this, the instance is a PvP-mandatory zone, anyone from a certain level range (for PvP fairness) can get in, from soloers to parties to entire guilds which adds to the chaos of fighting the very hard instance mobs.

PS: I've played many, many MMOs, and ironically, WoW is the one I've played the least, I just used WoW as an example since it's a very popular and successful MMO.

Edited by Elkas
1 person likes this

Posted

Unfortunately instanced and open world at least to me are mutually exclusive. That is because of how I define the 2 and the moment you have an instanced dungeon, which to me is part of the world, the world is no longer open.

That said I did see a video of a guy who found a cave that had some kick ass stuff in it to fight. Maybe the cave just had some creatures higher then he was I don't know as I didn't look to far into it.

I do hope they create some dungeons/caves/haunted castles or what have you for us fight and explore that are not instanced. Even if they become just another area for guilds to fight for control over the variety will make a difference. At least to me.

Posted (edited)

You're assuming they'd implement WoW's dungeon / raid / instance system, there are many different ways to implement instanced dungeons that do not hinder the PvP-focused style of BDO.

Also I don't see why you wouldn't be able to PvP inside the instanced dungeon, I've seen MMOs do this, the instance is a PvP-mandatory zone, anyone from a certain level range (for PvP fairness) can get in, from soloers to parties to entire guilds which adds to the chaos of fighting the very hard instance mobs.

PS: I've played many, many MMOs, and ironically, WoW is the one I've played the least, I just used WoW as an example since it's a very popular and successful MMO.

The game's been live in Korea for a year without all of the nonsense you've listed in this post and previous. The focus of this game is the siege based guildvguild warfare. That's the attraction. There is no benefit to them to pander to a heavier pve population when the game has done as well as it has thus far without them. 

Edited by Tyrael
2 people like this

Posted

The game's been live in Korea for a year without all of the nonsense you've listed in this post and previous. The focus of this game is the siege based guildvguild warfare. That's the attraction. There is no benefit to them to pander to a heavier pve population when the game has done as well as it has thus far without them. 

Yeah but NA/EU isn't KR, so just because something does well in KR doesn't mean it will do well in EU/NA, great fallacy!

Example: Starcraft II is a very popular e-sport in Korea, in the rest of the world... not so much :P

Posted

Yeah but NA/EU isn't KR, so just because something does well in KR doesn't mean it will do well in EU/NA, great fallacy!

Example: Starcraft II is a very popular e-sport in Korea, in the rest of the world... not so much :P

Wow...you really think that, huh?

1 person likes this

Posted

If you have proof that says otherwise please share :)

Posted

No he's 100% correct. Look at Lineage and Linage 2, they're -very- popular over in Asia but, no one plays them in NA. They're two VASTLY different markets.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I feel the game would benefit from more end game pve to cater for all. The end game pvp does not work in the Korean version if you look and read into it the Koreans shy away from the pvp in this game. Also it is F2P in Korea and this will be B2P so when you buying to play the more you get for your coin the better imo. Lets not beat around the bush here the pve content in this game sucks the mobs are far to easy to kill and the area attacks make it real easy to kill multi mobs within seconds and that's the part which is not fun for me.

I want to feel challenged in all aspects of the game, however some of the other parts of the game are amazing but that's for another post not here.

Edited by Asbo
Spelling mistake

Posted (edited)

If it has instances it technically isn't open world. As when you are in an instance no one else can enter except those in your party. It cuts and divides the world. Then add in that Dreanor, and Northrend are seperated by load screens. No WoW is not really open world. Big with lots of space? Yes. Not really open with all the instancing they use.

Edited by Noth

Posted (edited)

If it has instances it technically isn't open world. As when you are in an instance no one else can enter except those in your party. It cuts and divides the world. Then add in that Dreanor, and Northrend are seperated by load screens. No WoW is not really open world. Big with lots of space? Yes. Not really open with all the instancing they use.

Then by that definition BDO in its current state isn't open world because it already has instances. What do you think the channels are? Instances of the same world, the difference is that BDO's instancing is parallel making it feel open-world, while WoW's instancing is serial. But I digress, as I said earlier, just because I gave WoW as an example of a successful MMO that uses open areas and instancing doesn't mean BDO has to follow in its footsteps. You claim that only party members can enter instances, I'm sorry but the best MMO of my childhood allowed everyone to get into instanced dungeons, from solo players to parties to guilds, and it was a PK zone, so there are many types of instanced endgame PvE, not just one.

Instanced dungeons can be ONE single instance shared by everyone in the server / channel / etc (could even be inter-channel) instead of MULTIPLE instances of a dungeon in which case the player(s) is truly isolated.

Edited by Elkas
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Oops double post, my bad

Edited by Elkas

Posted

Then by that definition BDO in its current state isn't open world because it already has instances. What do you think the channels are? Instances of the same world, the difference is that BDO's instancing is parallel making it feel open-world, while WoW's instancing is serial. But I digress, as I said earlier, just because I gave WoW as an example of a successful MMO that uses open areas and instancing doesn't mean BDO has to follow in its footsteps. You claim that only party members can enter instances, I'm sorry but the best MMO of my childhood allowed everyone to get into instanced dungeons, from solo players to parties to guilds, and it was a PK zone, so there are many types of instanced endgame PvE, not just one.

Instanced dungeons can be ONE single instance shared by everyone in the server / channel / etc (could even be inter-channel) instead of MULTIPLE instances of a dungeon in which case the player(s) is truly isolated.

Channels are different. Channels are basically mini servers. The only game I know of like you describe is DAoC, and it was not an instance but another zone. There was only ever one per server. The whole point of an instance is that it isolates the player. If it doesn't isolate the player and only one exists not multiple, that is called a zone. Even in this game the Phased housing doesn't isolate the player (and neither do the channels)

Posted

Channels are different. Channels are basically mini servers. The only game I know of like you describe is DAoC, and it was not an instance but another zone. There was only ever one per server. The whole point of an instance is that it isolates the player. If it doesn't isolate the player and only one exists not multiple, that is called a zone. Even in this game the Phased housing doesn't isolate the player (and neither do the channels)

Channels are instances. I agree that they're different, as I explained before, but they're instances of the entirety of the game world, running in parallel to each other, which means one does not affect the other. However the players from Channel X are isolated from the players of all the other channels at any given time. I was just using this as an example as to why BDO isn't instance-free, just as a side argument, it's somewhat irrelevant to my main point.

Then why not add zones? Would it be that bad? The main point is that BDO's PvE endgame is almost non-existant (crafting, trading, etc is alright, but not enough for an Action-Combat based MMO), effectively making BDO a niche MMO (for PvP lovers) neglecting an arguably large piece of the market (anyone who likes endgame PvE).

World Bosses are a step in the right direction but from what I've seen, they feel like just another grind, I know the game is PvP-focused but geez, they're literally keeping me and many other players away from such a great, intricate game because we don't like PvP that much, it feels more PvP-only than PvP-focused.

2 people like this