• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

End game PVE?

137 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm not a fan of Instanced dungeons.  I started playing MMO's since the release of UO back in 1997 which didn't have instances. BUT if they do add some instanced dungeons they have to do it in a way that still add to OWPvP, which is no 'instant port' to dungeon, like Vanilla WoW had in which you actually had to run to the instance and on the way PvP to get in, now that's not too bad of a way, and since it's instances the battles in the dungeon can be pretty intense.  Just don't make them the be end all for endgame.

I'm sure people remember vanilla WOW and how intense it was trying to get into the raid when the horde or alliance was block your way in.

Edited by Skai

Posted

I really hope there is raids added to this. Preferably like Age Of Conans raid system (24 people all in different parties of 6, multiple bosses, loot rolls). I personally love mmos like gw2 but that was probably my main issue with that, there wasn't really any content for the longest time, at least for guilds it felt like. 5 man dungeons, now 10 man raids which don't really seem too much better. I'm getting sick of the open world bosses too because it gets laggy and you can't really form a group or anything. I'm okay with it having some but also include some decent raids too please. In AoC it got to the point where it was near impossible to beat some raid bosses just for some loot you wanted and even then it was random which is good because it makes the end game for pve last a whole lot longer.

Posted (edited)

I think the type of "Dungeon" BDO offers fits its game play style just fine. Its an open world with open caves and bosses and frightening underground mobs that can and will beat you silly, and this is not the only game that uses that particular style. I have been playing MMO's For around 15 years and one MMO that has not failed and uses this system comes to mind, EverQuest. Yes it was more pve based then BDO but that does not change the dungeon design being similar with groups fighting over the most desirable locations within these open world lairs. I know the modern standard is wow due to its huge player base but with out cutting away from that standard every game we play is simply a pale shadow of wow. BDO is, in my humble opinion, a breath of fresh air with both brand new elements, strong incentive to interact with other players, and some hints of nostalgia from games of old. I don't think the contested dungeon layout should change, but rather simply add more of them to provide players something more too do. That said that is exactly what BDO is doing, just not at the "Give it to me now!" pace of the new modern gamer. I too would love to see more content and I think its a good thing for people to discuss, but trying to change the very core style of the game is fruitless. Rather then posts like "be more like X game" Try to challenge yourself to think of some aspect of the game you would like to see and consider a solution as to how it could be fit into a game like BDO with out going against its grain. 

Give it time, give the developers a chance to work, and remember constructive criticism goes a lot further to having your voice herd to the people that matter.

Edited by Aeravel
spelling.
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think the type of "Dungeon" BDO offers fits its game play style just fine. Its an open world with open caves and bosses and frightening underground mobs that can and will beat you silly, and this is not the only game that uses that particular style. I have been playing MMO's For around 15 years and one MMO that has not failed and uses this system comes to mind, EverQuest. Yes it was more pve based then BDO but that does not change the dungeon design being similar with groups fighting over the most desirable locations within these open world lairs. I know the modern standard is wow due to its huge player base but with out cutting away from that standard every game we play is simply a pale shadow of wow. BDO is, in my humble opinion, a breath of fresh air with both brand new elements, strong incentive to interact with other players, and some hints of nostalgia from games of old. I don't think the contested dungeon layout should change, but rather simply add more of them to provide players something more too do. That said that is exactly what BDO is doing, just not at the "Give it to me now!" pace of the new modern gamer. I too would love to see more content and I think its a good thing for people to discuss, but trying to change the very core style of the game is fruitless. Rather then posts like "be more like X game" Try to challenge yourself to think of some aspect of the game you would like to see and consider a solution as to how it could be fit into a game like BDO with out going against its grain. 

Give it time, give the developers a chance to work, and remember constructive criticism goes a lot further to having your voice herd to the people that matter.

this guy gets it.  I have literally 0 problems with this type of additional pve content as it fits the theme of the game.  Remains overworld, doesn't segregate populations and gives people places to both grind mobs and find conflict.

Edit.  Damn you phone

Edited by Dissodant

Posted

this guy gets it.  I have literally 0 problems with thia type of additional pve content as it fits the theme of the game.  Remains overworld, doesn't segregate populations and gives people olaces to both grind mobs and find conflict.

I completely agree!

Posted

lol so the only reason you didn't like my suggestion of making a dungeon an "instance" is because you you want to be able to attack players while they are doing their dungeon runs...so THATS what OWPVP is all about huh

How about this then. A dungeon can be placed on the map somewhere and has a gate that requires a key to get in. Keys could be obtained from crafting or killing certain mobs within the world and when a group wants to go in 1 person uses the key to open the door and 10 seconds later the door closes.

The dungeon would still be open world but if pvpers wanted to go in and attack the group they would also need to get a key.

At least this idea encourages all players to do a bit of work, if the pvp group is successful they could wipe the pve group and carry on with the dungeon themselves or leave and if the pve group defends themselves then the pvpers have to go get another key before they can come back and try and mess things up again.

Now that i think about it, this idea isn't too shabby. The whole map would still be open world but to get into certain places you need a key, some keys could be easily obtained and even crafted and traded where as other areas might require you to get a special BoP key from a certain mob.

PvP'ers still need decent gear so they will still have to level up like everyone else then gear up from the places that have easy keys to get with the added bonus that there could be other groups in there that they could either work with or sabotage. The places with harder keys to get would need more prep work so the group that goes out there needs to be prepared for a pvp attack at any point as they might not be able to get back in if they get wiped.

It adds a dynamic to the game that still keeps it open world and better items could be introduced into the world in specific areas

Posted (edited)

lol so the only reason you didn't like my suggestion of making a dungeon an "instance" is because you you want to be able to attack players while they are doing their dungeon runs...so THATS what OWPVP is all about huh

How about this then. A dungeon can be placed on the map somewhere and has a gate that requires a key to get in. Keys could be obtained from crafting or killing certain mobs within the world and when a group wants to go in 1 person uses the key to open the door and 10 seconds later the door closes.

The dungeon would still be open world but if pvpers wanted to go in and attack the group they would also need to get a key.

At least this idea encourages all players to do a bit of work, if the pvp group is successful they could wipe the pve group and carry on with the dungeon themselves or leave and if the pve group defends themselves then the pvpers have to go get another key before they can come back and try and mess things up again.

Now that i think about it, this idea isn't too shabby. The whole map would still be open world but to get into certain places you need a key, some keys could be easily obtained and even crafted and traded where as other areas might require you to get a special BoP key from a certain mob.

PvP'ers still need decent gear so they will still have to level up like everyone else then gear up from the places that have easy keys to get with the added bonus that there could be other groups in there that they could either work with or sabotage. The places with harder keys to get would need more prep work so the group that goes out there needs to be prepared for a pvp attack at any point as they might not be able to get back in if they get wiped.

It adds a dynamic to the game that still keeps it open world and better items could be introduced into the world in specific areas

Nope. I know readings hard.  And since I've only said it like four times so far might as well repeat it once more. People don't want instance content because it fractures populations and thins out overall players overtime.  If people want the game to be so much like wow please go play wow.  There have already been ideas that stay true to the overall theme of the game pvp content and overworld dungeons do this... And already exist.  

This has nothing to do with a want or need to kill people.   I could care less about pvers and their need to hit harder computer ai that doesn't exist in bdo.  

If people enjoy that by all means go do it.  But asking for tons more pve content when you don't like what's already planned or it strays from the overall design isn't constructive its just repetative.   

Edited by Dissodant

Posted

Nope. I know readings hard.  And since I've only said it like four times so far might as well repeat it once more. People don't want instance content because it fractures populations and thins out overall players overtime.  If people want the game to be so much like wow please go play wow.  There have already been ideas that stay true to the overall theme of the game pvp content and overworld dungeons do this... And already exist.  

This has nothing to do with a want or need to kill people.   I could care less about pvers and their need to hit harder computer ai that doesn't exist in bdo.  

If people enjoy that by all means go do it.  But asking for tons more pve content when you don't like what's already planned or it strays from the overall design isn't constructive its just repetative.   

I'm a bit confused as to what you actually want from a game then?

People don't want instance content because it fractures populations and thins out overall players overtime

Which is why there are a ton of posts requesting more pve content and instance based dungeons. People want a healthy mix and options to play more than one style.

If people want the game to be so much like wow please go play wow.

You really need to get over this, just because someone mentions WoW doesnt mean they want a WoW replica but there is nothing wrong with utilizing certain aspects of " the game that shall not be mentioned"..the people that like WoW are still there.

There have already been ideas that stay true to the overall theme of the game pvp content and overworld dungeons do this... And already exist

Yup the idea is there and all i'm doing it trying to make suggestions on how to improve those features to make them more viable for ALL types of players instead of ragging on someone elses idea comparing it to a previous game.

This has nothing to do with a want or need to kill people.   I could care less about pvers and their need to hit harder computer ai that doesn't exist in bdo

so you dont care about anything ai controlled...maybe a MMO isn't for you.

But asking for tons more pve content when you don't like what's already planned or it strays from the overall design isn't constructive its just repetative

So ideas and suggestions and feedback are not welcome or constructive....k

Posted

I'm a bit confused as to what you actually want from a game then?

People don't want instance content because it fractures populations and thins out overall players overtime

Which is why there are a ton of posts requesting more pve content and instance based dungeons. People want a healthy mix and options to play more than one style.

If people want the game to be so much like wow please go play wow.

You really need to get over this, just because someone mentions WoW doesnt mean they want a WoW replica but there is nothing wrong with utilizing certain aspects of " the game that shall not be mentioned"..the people that like WoW are still there.

There have already been ideas that stay true to the overall theme of the game pvp content and overworld dungeons do this... And already exist

Yup the idea is there and all i'm doing it trying to make suggestions on how to improve those features to make them more viable for ALL types of players instead of ragging on someone elses idea comparing it to a previous game.

This has nothing to do with a want or need to kill people.   I could care less about pvers and their need to hit harder computer ai that doesn't exist in bdo

so you dont care about anything ai controlled...maybe a MMO isn't for you.

But asking for tons more pve content when you don't like what's already planned or it strays from the overall design isn't constructive its just repetative

So ideas and suggestions and feedback are not welcome or constructive....k

they already have what I want from the game.  An open overworld sandbox.(balancing issues aside).. Instances KILL overworld content.  That is literally the only problem.

That's the same problem as everyone asking for pve content by asking for pve servers etc...

Posted (edited)

I prefer ideas that allow the members of both camps (PvE and PvP) to help each other and the wider community at the same time. Take a random guild that has 30 members. 15 like to PvP, the other 15 like PvE. (hypothetical of course) Now throw in any sort of area that needs to be controlled in PvP to be usable in PvE. Half the guild takes care of keeping the place secure while the other half goes inside to farm it out of whatever it has to offer; like crafting components, minerals etc. Or, maybe rewards are done by lottery at the end of the event...it's all good. The guild benefits as a whole from a successful mission, and everyone is happy. Conversely, if the PvP guys fail to hold the line, the PvE guys have to help or just die when the enemy PvPers come to get them and everyone loses. Point being, I prefer a game where I win or lose with my team, guild, group or whatever but we did it as a whole. In all my gaming experience, the fondest memories were from battles with friends and guild rather than solo anything.

P.S. All this done without instanced anything. These things can be done as limited time world events or as persistent events.

Edited by Mordencaine
forgot something

Posted (edited)

I thought End game pve in BDO was about the exploration and finding new ways to creatively kill yourself. Why do I need more?

Edited by Malseras

Posted

This is worth looking at to what they may add more of later. There seems to be plenty one can do in the game other than pvp