• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Your thoughts on PvP

43 posts in this topic

Posted

So,  many of you are already 50+ by now.

Could you share your thoughts on how well/bad is the ranger doing in pvp?

I'd like to hear some ''pros'' if they are facerolling as in korea or struggling vs other classes.

Thanks-

Posted

We dont stand a chance against Sorcs, but everyone else its either advatange or equal.

2 people like this

Posted

We dont stand a chance against Sorcs, but everyone else its either advatange or equal.

Skill of both the ranger and the sorcerer, along with who has the opening advantage play a big part in this matchup. Sorcs can be evapourated by ucw just like any other.

Posted

Skill of both the ranger and the sorcerer, along with who has the opening advantage play a big part in this matchup. Sorcs can be evapourated by ucw just like any other.

UCW?

Posted

UCW?

Ultimate Charging Wind

Posted

ranger can burn anything, it's all about good timing of skills, you need accuracy though, no accuracy = no dmg for rangers.

Posted (edited)

Warrior/Valk is the hardest match-up imo if they're geared.
Sorcs can 2 shot you if they land a knockdown but they'll also get 2 shot if they miss an iframe.

Giants are a joke for ranger, wizard's only chance is to land a 100% on top of you. Tamer will lose if you have enough space to move around.
Basically a really strong class. Anything can be beaten if you play well enough. 

I have NO accuracy though. Not sure how much it influences my PvP damage not to have bronze dagger but it's possible I won't be as efficient as I should be until mediah boss gloves and kzarka/liverto.

Edited by AngelofAwe

Posted

I'm level 52 currently, haven't had many issues with PvP. Only people that seem to have a strong advantage over me are sorcs, having the space to kite them for a long period of time makes them easier, but open world fighting isn't always in opportune areas. Besides the odd sorc, as most are pretty bad and walk into shotgun, only thing that ever gets me is a level 53 wizard on my channel. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I have some issues with Tamers (a least one of them) they got a ranged stun that somehow always manages to hit me, i really need to train against them but there are really to few of them to effectively duel them in Arena to see what they are all about.

Sorc seems to be really weak against EES spam, the iframe seems to be useless against it.

Valkyrie is probably the hardest for me if she knows how to play.

Posted

It's nice to see that everyone has found his/her nemesis but its also nice to hear that people are enjoying the class and are winning some and losing some : ).

I found that accuracy is super important , especially when fighting good geared/higher level opponents. It makes it or breaks it , so when I engage a fight and see that i miss a lot i switch to bronze and come back. The loss in AP is noticeable but hitting for some is definitely better then not hitting at all.

I find sorceress and good warriors annoying the most, sorc twitching all over the place is hard to land a good chain on them while getting behind a warrior can be really demanding!

Posted

I'm level 52 currently, haven't had many issues with PvP. Only people that seem to have a strong advantage over me are sorcs, having the space to kite them for a long period of time makes them easier, but open world fighting isn't always in opportune areas. Besides the odd sorc, as most are pretty bad and walk into shotgun, only thing that ever gets me is a level 53 wizard on my channel. 

Could you post a link to your current build? If it doesn't bother you, trying to get build together from a few people to see what people go for!

Posted

I can't say since I'm still a two weeks old newb :P but other high lvl rangers in my guild don't seem to have big problems in pvp.

Posted

My first few encounters I was using steel dagger and got annihilated. After switching to bronze I've two or three shot everyone I've faced. Sorcs, as many have said, seem to be our biggest issue. 

Posted

ranger can burn anything, it's all about good timing of skills, you need accuracy though, no accuracy = no dmg for rangers.

How high should my accuracy before I stop worrying about it

Posted

Could you post a link to your current build? If it doesn't bother you, trying to get build together from a few people to see what people go for!

This is my current build. I dropped $30 on reset tokens last weekend, so I've been screwing around with different things. I'm probably going to use 1 to remove the points in Spirit Healing and Moving Shot, transitioning those points into Descending Current. I didn't notice any significant change in damage from taking Moving Shot (There was a discussion thread on whether it was worth putting points into), and Spirit Healing just saves me money. Having 20mil+, I don't really need it anymore. 

3 people like this

Posted

@Ayl, having only one point in Bow Skill is enough? Just curious, since most builds I have seen have it maxed out, is it really that irrelevant? O.o

Posted

@Ayl, having only one point in Bow Skill is enough? Just curious, since most builds I have seen have it maxed out, is it really that irrelevant? O.o

In the link I provided, I have Bow Skill maxed out at rank 10. Double checked just to make sure. Dunno what you're looking at. 

1 person likes this

Posted

In the link I provided, I have Bow Skill maxed out at rank 10. Double checked just to make sure. Dunno what you're looking at. 

Oh ok, that is strange, the first time I saw it, it was a completely different build...sorry about that, the internet gremlin must playing tricks on me. :o

Posted

i don't want to share this information, however.. you can easely discover how

Posted

So useful. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Koreans also called this period the golden time of rangers. It gets much harder for ranger once other classes get their awakening, since ranger awakening is considered the worst one with tamer, its pretty much useless for the ranger playstyle. So right now ranger was so powerful it was even nerfed in korea, i guess na/eu already got these nerfs. But ranger doesn't it the need the awakening anyway, even after 56 ranger is still able to stand his ground, just not so easy like currently anymore.

Edited by Jiav

Posted

Warrior/Valk is the hardest match-up imo if they're geared.
Sorcs can 2 shot you if they land a knockdown but they'll also get 2 shot if they miss an iframe.

Giants are a joke for ranger, wizard's only chance is to land a 100% on top of you. Tamer will lose if you have enough space to move around.
Basically a really strong class. Anything can be beaten if you play well enough. 

I have NO accuracy though. Not sure how much it influences my PvP damage not to have bronze dagger but it's possible I won't be as efficient as I should be until mediah boss gloves and kzarka/liverto.

How do you both deal with wizards in such a closed off area like serendia shrine? This is where I'm having the most issues, gotta practice my shotgunning as I usually dont get that off.

need to learn how to cancel the part after shotgun too

Posted (edited)

This is my current build. I dropped $30 on reset tokens last weekend, so I've been screwing around with different things. I'm probably going to use 1 to remove the points in Spirit Healing and Moving Shot, transitioning those points into Descending Current. I didn't notice any significant change in damage from taking Moving Shot (There was a discussion thread on whether it was worth putting points into), and Spirit Healing just saves me money. Having 20mil+, I don't really need it anymore. 

Ah thanks!

This is my current build right now, I'll be going for Penetrating Wind and 1 Point in Tearing Arrow and the two Flow skills next, then Descending Current next while I grind to 53.

Currently I'm lv 51 and I feel like it will take a while before I hit 53.. Some time soon I will be removing my points in Spirit Healing too, only at 5 Mil right now but that is plenty enough for me.

Edited by A Korean Poro

Posted (edited)

Koreans also called this period the golden time of rangers. It gets much harder for ranger once other classes get their awakening, since ranger awakening is considered the worst one with tamer, its pretty much useless for the ranger playstyle. So right now ranger was so powerful it was even nerfed in korea, i guess na/eu already got these nerfs. But ranger doesn't it the need the awakening anyway, even after 56 ranger is still able to stand his ground, just not so easy like currently anymore.

lol what? O_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcVeIhUZyY&pxtry=2

Please dont spread misinformation , thank you :) .

I'm not going to link you also a video with the awakening for the tamer , which in fact fixes and balances the class (finally) , since this is the ranger forum but I invite you to do some research .

Edited by PK

Posted (edited)

Why use "will of the wind" in a pvpbuild? And why not use frontal kick as it knocks down players. Wouldnt that be smart if the other classes manages to get too close to you? charging kick and jump back?

Edited by Slaymore