• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Your thoughts on PvP

43 posts in this topic

Posted

need to learn how to cancel the part after shotgun too

w+a or w+d or s+a or s+d

Frontkick and jump behind

/fixed

call from sky <3

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lol what? O_o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCcVeIhUZyY&pxtry=2

Please dont spread misinformation , thank you :) .

Where's the misinformation? It's true that ranger awakening is the worst one.
For good reason, ranger is strong without it. 

Edited by AngelofAwe

Posted

What is this "shotgun" skill? a combination? pls explain...

Posted

Q cancel into Ult Charging Wind or Will of the Wind (the hidden combo version) into Ult Charging Wind.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think what they meant is the ranger awakening is a very useful tool (which it is) but for mobility.  Also I do think it's silly people claim its "the worst one" etc. as it didn't totally revamp the class like a warrior awakening. Ranger is already extremely powerful, and their awakening if better then the bow would have made them ridiculously OP.  This awakening is to provide mobility with so CC, not to replace bow dps.  It does the job it was designed for well.

1 person likes this

Posted

The ranger became even more powerfull with the awakening , if you can't see that it's np but claiming its the ''worst'' or ''useless'' its as idiotic as claiming that the tamer awakening is ''worst'' or ''useless''.

To more important things, the mages are getting 20% extra dmg on frozen targets, that's gonna be fun .

Posted

The ranger became even more powerfull with the awakening , if you can't see that it's np but claiming its the ''worst'' or ''useless'' its as idiotic as claiming that the tamer awakening is ''worst'' or ''useless''.

To more important things, the mages are getting 20% extra dmg on frozen targets, that's gonna be fun .

Well I've been playing with the ranger awakening and it definitely doesn't compare to what giant, warrior or sorc got. That would make it the worst until tamer which I don't know anything about. 

Posted

What is this "shotgun" skill? a combination? pls explain...

Ultimate Charging wind.  Use it after Evasive Shot by holding down Spacebar.  Tons of mana but great damage.

You can do similar attacks with ultimate evasive shot and holding down Q for instant blasting gust and F for instant Will of the wind.

These use a ton of mana in PvP, but allow you to do great damage without holding still.  This is also why people thing Spirit Healing is pretty much worthless, as it only gives mana back from EES and auto attacks.  Never enough to keep up or even help with how much we use in PvP.

Posted

Point is classes like warrior, giant or sorceress get a massive boost in power with their awakening, the ranger gains a small boost. Giant is considered one of the worst if not the worst pvp class pre awakening, but is considered one of the best after awakening. Sorc just gets more deadly and gains  survivability and massive aoe for sieges.

Ranger is overall the top dog class in korea since release, its powerful in every game aspect, but don't take the /current/ balance for granted obviously, as the other classes are able to close the current gap in power with their awakening.

And the hardcore counter for ranger is or was the blader, he got nerfed tho. There was a preawakening tournament in korea this year already, blader still got 3rd, and 1st spot was ranger ofc.

Posted

Point is classes like warrior, giant or sorceress get a massive boost in power with their awakening, the ranger gains a small boost. Giant is considered one of the worst if not the worst pvp class pre awakening, but is considered one of the best after awakening. Sorc just gets more deadly and gains  survivability and massive aoe for sieges.

Ranger is overall the top dog class in korea since release, its powerful in every game aspect, but don't take the /current/ balance for granted obviously, as the other classes are able to close the current gap in power with their awakening.

And the hardcore counter for ranger is or was the blader, he got nerfed tho. There was a preawakening tournament in korea this year already, blader still got 3rd, and 1st spot was ranger ofc.

imo developers are playing Rangers and Sorcs coz only these 2 classes didnt get any real nefr yet =D  And yeah bladers got killed and totally destroyed recently :(

Posted

w+a or w+d or s+a or s+d

/fixed

call from sky <3

cant get it to work.

q cancel into ultimate charge and then wd or any other combo but i still get the 2 second delay

Posted

cant get it to work.

q cancel into ultimate charge and then wd or any other combo but i still get the 2 second delay

lets say that  Q+D+LMB > Space > W+A - its not really cancel shotgun's animation . i'd call it forward/backward shotgun, It let u not waste those 2 secs and use them for moving yrself

Posted

lets say that  Q+D+LMB > Space > W+A - its not really cancel shotgun's animation . i'd call it forward/backward shotgun, It let u not waste those 2 secs and use them for moving yrself

yea i figured it out after i posted was just lazy to edit post.

gotta get used to doing it.. so many times in pvp ill try to do it and not have mana lol

Posted

If any of you Rangers are..

/reported ¬¬ 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

• Bow Skill maxed is for the most part for PvE farm off of Explosive Evasive Shot as the arrows afterwards scale with it.
  • Charging Wind to Ultimate Charging wind for shotgun's massive PvP damage, will be grabbing SP Ultimate Charging Wind at 54
  • Ultimate: Evasive Shot for standard cancels.
  • Explosive Evasive Shot only nets the one point since I'm still low ish on SP and it only effects the damage of the initial explosion, and you get the full slow at one point also more mana effective for farming.
  • Blasting Gust 3 since I don't like 4 and it doesn't scale the standard Q cancel, I also have it with -10% move speed awakening as it's the easiest chase skill we have.
  • Will of the Wind, although you can skip it as a get behind skill the major use is to fast drop ranged DP and can lead into shotguns doing more damage, great on already downed targets if you're close and have good reaction speed.
  • Ultimate Descending Current, the skill is worthless until this point but here it's amazing in group PvP as an instant aggro on everyone you just hit, and also a good farming tool if you're hitting lower end mobs like Mansha's for scroll farming or Ancient Relic Farming

Currently the biggest issue I've seen in PvP is the stun chaining. Can't wait for the Red Battlefield CC reduction gems.

Tamers in 1v1 are not too bad unless they outgear you alot, however in organized groups they dash to you as a ranger or the wizards ASAP and then Roar until their Wiz/Witch/Dedicated Grabber can get to you and keep you CC'd down till dead.

Sorcs are all skill dependent and gear dependent if they can kill you, EES seems like it would work but good ones know they can Dream of Doom you in the middle of it or. Signs of Agony you for the same result then it's > close and try and kill you before you stand again.

Witch/Wiz is in large part either kill them before they CC you, force them to miss the CC, or hope they're not geared to an extent that they solo CC chain you down.  If they're in a group that first CC should kill you as their dedicated grabbers will rush to you and hold you till you die.

Giants don't seem to be a huge issue in 1v1 unless they vastly outgear you.  In groups however they usually are the dedicated grabber and can and will cross the universe to you to keep you immobile after anyone or their mother gets an initial CC on you.

Warrior is a test to see if you can hopefully CC them when they dash at you, or whip behind them for fast damage.  They most likely won't ever be able to kill you without amazing gear as their damage is rather meh.  However in groups they can lead to soak damage and can do almost a Zerker's job by dashing into a grab if you're CC'd by someone else.

Valk turns usually turns into a try and stay away or force them to miss their ranged stun and if you manage to get them to waste it whip behind them ASAP and try and put them down.  Since they have less mobility than warriors you're not likely to see them rush you, however if they set themselves up with their ranged stun expect to get destroyed, either by just them if they're decently geared and skilled or once they grab you and let their buddies have their way with you when you're standing up in a group.

Lastly other rangers, all I have to say is, PEW PEW PEW PEW, PEW.
Edited by rhamnousia

Posted

/reported ¬¬ 

/reported for reporting :D

Posted

On the subject of warriors/valkyrie, what I've found is that unless I'm lagging I can always pull a win by watching their spear throw/light spear and I-framing at the correct moment, then using the following combo I like to call "Mario '64" to get behind them and combo into a Q-cancel+UCW:

The "Mario '64":

Must have: Charging Kick, Call from the Sky, Ride the Wind.

[W]+[LMB] (my preferred as it has a faster animation and adds some ranged damage) or [W]+[F] > [SPACE] > [W]+[RMB].

After this combo, you can quickly use [A/D]+[Q]+[LMB] > [SPACE] to nuke half of their health on a well-geared Valkyrie or Warrior. Use your long-range stamina kite ([Hold F]+[Hold LMB]+[Hold A/D] > [SPACE]+[Hold A/D] > [A/D]+[LMB].

Enjoy juking warrior and valkyrie shield blocks! After numerous battles against the same ones, all geared equally or better, it doesn't seem as though they have a fast enough reaction time to prevent getting back damage from Ultimate Charging Wind, even when initiating with said combo every fight.

Hope this helps a few of you.

1 person likes this

Posted

what was the blader nerf???

what was the blader nerf???

please????? I was planning on maiming this and now you've got me worried.